Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,130 members, 7,807,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1203789 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 2:04pm On Aug 25, 2016
humanshado:
Received Grant Notification today 23rd August,2016

Timeline
7th June, 2016 - Applied for EA assessment (fast track)
28th June, 2016 - EA +ve outcome
28th June, 2016 - EOI submission (60 pts)
6th July, 2016 - ITA
14th July, 2016 - Visa lodged
15th July, 2016 - Uploaded all documents except PCC and medicals
4th August, 2016 - CO requested for PCC and medicals
5th August, 2016 - Uploaded PCC
12th August, 2016 - Medicals done
18th August, 2016 - Medicals cleared
23rd August, 2016 - grant received with IED of 5th August, 2017

I appreciate all the contributors in this forum and wish everybody success.
Congrats bro.. I ve seen you did your ea assessment after the new format introduced in march. So i m currently writing mine and i havr a small question.
In the part where you write about "personal Engineering activity", there are points to be included in the write up such as
-task delegated to you
-how you apploed Engineering knowledge and skills
-any particular technical difficulty
-strategies devised
Did you have to create a subsection for each point under a heading, OR you just write it as a narrative in form of an essay, while paragraphing and numbering points as usual?
I m just being meticulous as i heard EA officials are strict with their rules
Any contribution from others who have assesed with the new format is highly welcome
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 7:00pm On Aug 25, 2016
Congrats my bro! Was your grant in the inbox of your immiacct or was it an email attachment?[quote author=humanshado post=48731321]Received Grant Notification today 23rd August,2016
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 7:07pm On Aug 25, 2016
How many times did you try before you got through? I tried like 7 times throughout the night and didnt get through! And thats after the pre recorded message that must play first, each costing over N60, so annoying!
koolhunk:

Ok, so i just called the number and i spoke to an information officer and he was very clear on this that since im still single, i can go ahead and apply as single and notify the government once i get married, provide to them our marriege certificate, so that they can update my profile with my wife detailes and i can get the visa for the two of us!.

I'm so happy with this info.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 3:20am On Aug 26, 2016
mctowel01:

Congrats bro.. I ve seen you did your ea assessment after the new format introduced in march. So i m currently writing mine and i havr a small question.
In the part where you write about "personal Engineering activity", there are points to be included in the write up such as
-task delegated to you
-how you apploed Engineering knowledge and skills
-any particular technical difficulty
-strategies devised
Did you have to create a subsection for each point under a heading, OR you just write it as a narrative in form of an essay, while paragraphing and numbering points as usual?
I m just being meticulous as i heard EA officials are strict with their rules
Any contribution from others who have assesed with the new format is highly welcome
Weldon, my brother in arms
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 4:56am On Aug 26, 2016
Ifexsco:
How many times did you try before you got through? I tried like 7 times throughout the night and didnt get through! And thats after the pre recorded message that must play first, each costing over N60, so annoying!

An old post of mine that may help your International calling costs if you have access to good internet;

This May help someone: I downloaded a Calling App called Telbo to my Android Smartphone. I used my visa card to recharge it with $10 and i use it for all international calls at an extremely cheap rate.

P/S: $1 talk-time to an Australian line can last almost 1-hour... All you need is a good internet connection.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 5:16am On Aug 26, 2016
Thanks for the info Bro.
deleyi20:

An old post of mine that may help your International calling costs if you have access to good internet;

This May help someone: I downloaded a Calling App called Telbo to my Android Smartphone. I used my visa card to recharge it with $10 and i use it for all international calls at an extremely cheap rate.

P/S: $1 talk-time to an Australian line can last almost 1-hour... All you need is a good internet connection.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ladon7: 7:31am On Aug 26, 2016
Hello, Pls am a newbie. Will like to migrate to aussie, i av B. Sc industrial chemistry, and Post graduate diploma in Education, i am working in a research institute. I av done my ielts. Pls want d nextweek tin? Which skill can i fit In? Pls kindly explain how to go about the process
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ladon7: 8:00am On Aug 26, 2016
Hello, Pls am a newbie. Will like to migrate to aussie, i av B. Sc industrial chemistry, and Post graduate diploma in Education, i am working in a research institute. I av done my ielts. Pls what is next tin? Which skill can i fit In? Pls kindly explain how to go about the process
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Esty4eva: 9:02am On Aug 26, 2016
@ Ladon7 you are highly welcome, please read page 1 and 2 the process is explained there take your time and go through the pages then come back and ask specific questions on where you don't understand
Ladon7:
Hello, Pls am a newbie. Will like to migrate to aussie, i av B. Sc industrial chemistry, and Post graduate diploma in Education, i am working in a research institute. I av done my ielts. Pls what is next tin? Which skill can i fit In? Pls kindly explain how to go about the process
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 9:21am On Aug 26, 2016
EA email memberservices@engineersaustralia.org.au

mctowel01:
Hello, pls who knows the contact email for Engineer Australia? I need it.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by joyuzo(f): 10:29am On Aug 26, 2016
humanshado:
Received Grant Notification today 23rd August,2016

Timeline
7th June, 2016 - Applied for EA assessment (fast track)
28th June, 2016 - EA +ve outcome
28th June, 2016 - EOI submission (60 pts)
6th July, 2016 - ITA
14th July, 2016 - Visa lodged
15th July, 2016 - Uploaded all documents except PCC and medicals
4th August, 2016 - CO requested for PCC and medicals
5th August, 2016 - Uploaded PCC
12th August, 2016 - Medicals done
18th August, 2016 - Medicals cleared
23rd August, 2016 - grant received with IED of 5th August, 2017

I appreciate all the contributors in this forum and wish everybody success.
Congratulations bro, I'm happy for you. Cheers
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by joyuzo(f): 10:38am On Aug 26, 2016
mamajaz:

...+ what oga belong said, it is cheaper too 'cos every Kobo counts now
pls mamajaz do send me the PTE materials to oluchidave03@gmail.com. Thanks and God bless u.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 12:39pm On Aug 26, 2016
Azy123:
EA email memberservices@engineersaustralia.org.au

Thanks bruvv
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OmoAussie: 1:09pm On Aug 26, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by keni: 3:13pm On Aug 26, 2016
Please has any one in the capital market successfully gone through the whole process? The only province that has my profession insists I must have a job there and POF
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 4:38pm On Aug 26, 2016
Please what does CDR means? A young friend who i'm trying to indoctrinate into the PR stuff want to know
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2016
Competency Demonstration Report. The person should really go to the website for engineers australia to get info like this.
mamajaz:
Please what does CDR means?
A young friend who i'm trying to indoctrinate into the PR stuff want to know
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jetspeed: 4:58pm On Aug 26, 2016
[quote author=OmoAussie post=48819104]Assess the PTE materials here:

Just got my PTE voucher today. Pls what is the next step?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2016
chuckdee13:
Competency Demonstration Report. The person should really go to the website for engineers australia to get info like this.
Thanks a bunch
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 26, 2016
[quote author=Jetspeed post=48824802][/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 26, 2016
[quote author=Jetspeed post=48824802][/quote]

the next step is assessment. but try and ace your exams. if you are buoyant go for full assessment (fast track). if not try advisory services.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Omooloriredade: 12:50am On Aug 27, 2016
Hello house. I am about to register for the IELTS. I picked Sept 24 but the issue is that of the speaking test which is usually scheduled within 7days before or after the actual exam date. I would only be available in the region (Ibadan) from the 18th of Sept. Is there a chance the speaking test won't fall exactly a week (17th) to the main exam date? 52k is a lot of money to throwaway my people.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by firsttymum(f): 5:28am On Aug 27, 2016
deleyi20:

Bro, Sorry for the delayed response.

The aim of the CPD is to really see how much efforts you have put into developing yourself since you finished your Bachelors Degree and to ensure you have been in the same line with your chosen or nominated field...

I usually advice people to Tabulate a Summary of their CPD and it should include Title/Description/Date/Duration/Venue...

1. List out your Post Graduate Studies or Any type of seminars or conferences that is relevant to your nominated skills

2. List out verified articles or journals you have personally studied as well.

3. you can also list the HSE

4. Also add any undergraduate technical seminar you did

5. I'll advice you list them in a chronological order starting from the most recent

NOTE: You are not expected to submit proof of anything you fill in your CPD (Except you're currently doing a masters program, you'll need to submit your enrolment letter and your most up-to-date transcripts of the M.Eng)

Finally Addressing your current situation, I'll advice you to do a lot of research to get dates and information about past conferences and seminars that took place in Nigeria or at your undergraduate uni. Also search for journals online with texts related to your field. Organise them properly and fill up your CPD.

My Personal advice is to get a minimum of 10 different CPD activities... Cheers bro
Thanks for this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 8:04am On Aug 27, 2016
Accountants in the house, please, which body is the best/most efficient among CPA, IPA and CA for assessment?

I read on CA's website that a university/college handbook should be provided...is there an alternative to this?

cc: bellong, kubbiebrownie, NNBB2012
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jetspeed: 9:40am On Aug 27, 2016
WinningSun:

the next step is assessment. but try and ace your exams. if you are buoyant go for full assessment (fast track). if not try advisory services.

Already completed my assessment with vetasses last year.

How do i go about registering for the PTE-A examination?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 27, 2016
@Malmo et al. living in Melbourne.

What is living in Melbourne like? Planning to relocate to Melbourne very soon. How are the Nigerian churches there and which one(s) would you suggest?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 27, 2016
Jetspeed:

brother how com you have a positive assessment from vetassess WITHOUT test of English language. is there something we don't know. maybe you should explain how you did that.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bimpsy99: 10:23am On Aug 27, 2016
Not done any assessment but I googled CPA and considering using them.. You can also check if they require student handbook. Not heard that before.

40manlappy:
Accountants in the house, please, which body is the best/most efficient among CPA, IPA and CA for assessment?

I read on CA's website that a university/college handbook should be provided...is there an alternative to this?

cc: bellong, kubbiebrownie, NNBB2012
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bimpsy99: 10:25am On Aug 27, 2016
Speaking test may be on sat or Sunday before the written test. Please have an open mind and plan your way down to the venue before then. Na money matter o..

quote author=Omooloriredade post=48834436]Hello house. I am about to register for the IELTS. I picSept 24 but the issue is that of the speaking test which is usually scheduled within 7days before or after the actual exam date. I would only be available in the region (Ibadan) from the 18th of Sept. Is there a chance the speaking test won't fall exactly a week (17th) to the main exam date? 52k is a lot of money to throwaway my people. [/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 10:42am On Aug 27, 2016
Jetspeed:

Where do you reside or intend to write it?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:55am On Aug 27, 2016
WinningSun:

brother how com you have a positive assessment from vetassess WITHOUT test of English language. is there something we don't know. maybe you should explain how you did that.

You don't need English test for assessment with VETASSES. There's nothing he is not telling you. He already did his assessment.

40manlappy,
I am not an accountant.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 27, 2016
bellong:

You don't need English test for assessment with VETASSES. There's nothing he is not telling you. He already did his assessment.

40manlappy,
I am not an accountant.

so when does the English test comes in.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.