Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1204041 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KellaKella(f): 3:41pm On Feb 24, 2018
Please reply me @vinsmuft
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bellacious: 7:00pm On Feb 24, 2018
koleefem05:
I live and work in Abia

Ok.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 24, 2018
Widall:
I am a young medical lab scientist wishing to migrate to Australia. i understand that our assessing board in Aussie assess medical lab scientists (MLS) from Nigeria as medical lab technicians (MLT).

For you to apply for SC189, you have to be a MLS. For you to be assessed as a MLS by AIMS, you must sit and pass the AIMS exams, which holds twice a year in March and September.

For you to qualify to sit for the exams, you must have a positive assessment as a MLT from AIMS. With a positive assessment as a MLT, you can also go for state sponsorship for the SC190 or SC489 visas.

Because of the exam cost implication, some people prefer to go for the state sponsorship in order to sit for the AIMS exam once they are onshore. Currently only the NT, TAS and SA are nominating MLTs.

For the POF, there's always a solution for any problem under the sun. You just need to focus and go for what you want, nothing should deter you. You won't be the first person to be faced with the POF thingy.

Speaking of being a young MLS, how many years of work experience do you have?

If there are any more questions, you're free to ask.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 24, 2018
koleefem05:
Morning House.
A very cold weather from God’s own state this morning. Wishing us all the blessing it brings.
@priceless25 and @joslight, koleefem needs your attention please as regards NT 489 or anyone who has gotten their nomination. Thanks �

What do you want to know?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by DonFAASHY: 10:44pm On Feb 24, 2018
Please Gurus in the House I need your help. I need you to put me through on how to apply for PR.
My details are as follows:

Qualification: B. Agric
Years of work experience: 7yrs in an Agriculture firm.
Do I need to write Academic IELTS or General?

I will appreciate your kind responses please.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 24, 2018
jaybwoi:

What do you want to know?
I need a guide on commitment letter and living and working in NT. Also, Is FD certificate and valuation report sufficient PoF? Regards.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 24, 2018
DonFAASHY:
Please Gurus in the House I need your help. I need you to put me through on how to apply for PR.
My details are as follows:
Qualification: B. Agric
Years of work experience: 7yrs in an Agriculture firm.
Do I need to write Academic IELTS or General?

I will appreciate your kind responses please.
Read from page 0, you’ll understand the basics. Start from there. Ire.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by DIOVINI: 4:08am On Feb 25, 2018
DIOVINI:

Hello,
I'm a little bit confused on how to send my university transcript to EA. My university only issues student's transcript to individuals. Do I scan the student's transcript and send to EA through myportal or does EA require that the University sends the transcripts themselves? I have IELTS( writing=7, speaking=6.5, listening=6.5, reading=cool. I'm currently working as an Instrument operations and maintenance Engineer with 4years experience and also have more than 6years experience as an Electrical Engineer. Hope I'm qualified to be assessed? I'm currently in Nigeria. Please do confirm if the assessment fee is AUD$1,085.

pls somebody should help me out. I want to start the process.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 6:11am On Feb 25, 2018
DIOVINI:

Your student copy is enough. You can upload it online after paying for the assessment fee.

You probably should nominate Electrical Engineer. I don't know EA fees.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by pinkygurl(f): 7:19am On Feb 25, 2018
Insightful thread in these buharified tyms
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 7:54am On Feb 25, 2018
Spyroxy1,

Share the good news na...

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 25, 2018
koleefem05:
I need a guide on commitment letter and living and working in NT. Also, Is FD certificate and valuation report sufficient PoF? Regards.

On commitment letter: it's simply a statement of purpose why you want to move to the NT..what are your pulling factors? Why do you want to leave Nigeria for the NT? You have to showcase your commitment to living in the NT for the first two years post visa grant. You can do this by specifying long term goals.

On research statement: you have to showcase that you've done adequate research into what it takes to live in the NT. On basic issues like housing (mortgage and renting), schooling (for your kids if you've got any, yourself - for career advancement), suburbs to live in and why you chose specific suburbs, transportation, utilities, groceries, healthcare, etc. I suggest that you do a comparative analysis of the state you are residing in now and the NT. In that way, you can be able to identify your push and pull factors clearly. Once you have your research statement well written, it will definitely help you to write your commitment statement.

On employability statement: If your occupation is on the NT list, then it's already identified that there's a shortage of your occupation in the NT; you just have to showcase how your qualifications and working experience can make you stand out within the NT labour market. You don't have to include job adverts, a well written employability statement will suffice. Bring to light all your academic achievements, work experience, professional memberships, future career plans and how you can achieve them in the NT. If you want to get a postgraduate qualification, why will you choose CDU over UQ or UofMel. Things like that.

On POF: Yes, you can use FD so far as it's in your name. You can use a valuation report of a property and also your car (the proof of ownership of the car must be included), you can also put your pension and then some money in your account (it must not be in millions). When all the finances are summed up, it must meet the financial requirements stipulated for whatever category you fall into.

I hope this helps and good luck.

7 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Franklyly: 8:48am On Feb 25, 2018
jaybwoi:

For you to apply for SC189, you have to be a MLS. For you to be assessed as a MLS by AIMS, you must sit and pass the AIMS exams, which holds twice a year in March and September.

For you to qualify to sit for the exams, you must have a positive assessment as a MLT from AIMS. With a positive assessment as a MLT, you can also go for state sponsorship for the SC190 or SC489 visas.

Because of the exam cost implication, some people prefer to go for the state sponsorship in order to sit for the AIMS exam once they are onshore. Currently only the NT, TAS and SA are nominating MLTs.

For the POF, there's always a solution for any problem under the sun. You just need to focus and go for what you want, nothing should deter you. You won't be the first person to be faced with the POF thingy.

Hello, I wish I could find on this thread A Medical Diagnostic Radiographer or Sonographer that has successfully migrated to help me out too, seems medical professionals are very less here,much of ICT, Engineers and Accountants �

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Zianluv234: 9:33am On Feb 25, 2018
Pls olalekankad. I will like to chat with you. My mail vivonyeachom@gmail.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzGoal: 9:57am On Feb 25, 2018
bellong:
Spyroxy1,

Share the good news na...

He's been banned by spam bot please help unban him
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:10am On Feb 25, 2018
OzGoal:

He's been banned by spam bot please help unban him

I am not a moderator.

Justwise, could you please unban Spyroxy1?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by justwise(m): 10:14am On Feb 25, 2018
bellong:

I am not a moderator.

Justwise, could you please unban Spyroxy1?

Thanks

He was not banned by spambot, i banned him for breaking rule 6 and 18
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Widall: 10:31am On Feb 25, 2018
jaybwoi:

Thanks so much sir. Ur post is like a blood tonic to me. it has given back life to my Australia dream.
After internship and NYSC, I have 2 years working experience.
pls sir I want to send u an email. kindly drop ur email to nellyky6gmail.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sisit: 10:38am On Feb 25, 2018
Hello House,

I am finding it difficult to know which occupation I could be classified with under veritass. I work in a bank as a relationship manager/ marketer. Would appreciate if anyone could be of help
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sisit: 10:55am On Feb 25, 2018
I actually mean ANZSCO for relationships manager/marketer in a bank
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 10:56am On Feb 25, 2018
sisit:
Hello House,

I am finding it difficult to know which occupation I could be classified with under veritass. I work in a bank as a relationship manager/ marketer. Would appreciate if anyone could be of help

Customer service manager
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 11:00am On Feb 25, 2018
DIOVINI:

Did you read any information on the EA website at all?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 11:01am On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:

Where can I see these rules?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by justwise(m): 11:03am On Feb 25, 2018
trastar:

Where can I see these rules?

All the rules are in front of you anytime you clicked on reply or qoute
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by justwise(m): 11:07am On Feb 25, 2018
OzGoal and Spyroxy1

I think these two IDs belong to the same person, consider rule number 19

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 25, 2018
Widall:
After internship and NYSC, I have 2 years working experience

Are you done with your internship and NYSC?

Please kindly ask any question(s) here so that other people can also contribute.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Widall: 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2018
jaybwoi:

Are you done with your internship and NYSC?

Please kindly ask any question(s) here so that other people can also contribute.
yes I'm done with both internship and NYSC. If I add them it should be 4 years experience. hope I'm right
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 25, 2018
Widall:

yes I'm done with both internship and NYSC. If I add them it should be 4 years experience. hope I'm right

You're right. Have you written your English test?

Meanwhile, find below the link for your assessment. It has all the information you'll need.

https://www.aims.org.au/services/assessment-options/medical-laboratory-scientist
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 25, 2018
Franklyly:

Hello, I wish I could find on this thread A Medical Diagnostic Radiographer or Sonographer that has successfully migrated to help me out too, seems medical professionals are very less here,much of ICT, Engineers and Accountants �

Help you out in what aspect? Everybody must not be on this forum. I think what you should do is to ask your question and when someone that has adequate information comes along, they might provide you with an answer. Nobody can give you an information they don't have.

For radiographers' assessment, this link should offer adequate information, I guess.

https://www.asmirt.org/overseasass.php
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bornlegend: 4:13pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:

Guy, pls help unbar him so we can get ITA news ooooooo!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by idNG: 4:18pm On Feb 25, 2018
jayooh:

Declared 37k for tasmania and was rejected. 17k cash and others land and cars

I sent you a pm.
pls let's chat

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by TRed: 5:04pm On Feb 25, 2018
bornlegend:

Guy, pls help unbar him so we can get ITA news ooooooo!

Seconded!!! Na beg we dey beg o. @justwise

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.