Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Universe Or Multiverse. (A Discussion) - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Universe Or Multiverse. (A Discussion) (5493 Views)

The Colossal Black Holes (stars, Their Death,and passages to other universe) / 10 Myths And Realities About The Universe / The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Universe Or Multiverse. (A Discussion) by donnffd(m): 8:06am On Apr 21, 2016
LoJ:

If you can ask the right question then you can find the right answer.

Good morning LoJ, I totally agree with you, i was just merely acknowledging the biological limitations to our inquiry, but by all means should we strive to know all we can about "REALITY".

I throw in the word "reality" because just by talking about the Multiverse, the Universe already seems small, and is just another stage of the evolution of reality, i am really keen on finding out where it all came from and how, REALITY that is, and everyone agrees (even the religious) that there are two possibilities to the beginning of reality.

a. Something has always existed
b. Something has to come from nothing

One has to be correct (we all can agree where the close-minded religious person would turn to), but both still are concepts that are very mysterious to the human brain.

The Great thing about science though is not only about the answers, but also the questions and the way we go about finding the answers, so i am glad we talk about these things and wonder and even if we never find out, just the act of asking these questions is an awesome experience.

(Feeling Spiritual right now...LOL)

1 Like

Re: Universe Or Multiverse. (A Discussion) by rhizoidz: 12:08pm On Apr 21, 2016
donnffd:

I clearly understand, but you misinterpret me, I never said that the multiverse wasn't an hypothesis we shouldn't consider, I only said there is no way we can test it for now and that keeps it in the realm of pseudoscience. I also meant that if we do test the hypothesis and find out its true, then string theory must be true and then it poses a whole different question, where did string theory come from?, and finally when I concluded on we not understanding some things, I actually mean that, not because we should not strive to know but because our biology is probably not built to understand it. Look at chimps, the difference in DNA between our species is just 2%, but look at the gap, one can only understand rudimentary logic and the other General relativity.
What makes you think our brain has enough matter to understand some concepts the same way a chimp can't grasp quantum mechanics? Imagine a species with a DNA difference of 2% ahead of us, do you think we can grasp concepts those guys would?
Donffd, you clearly have a point, the problem in this discussion is not being flexible. This is a discussion, deviation from the topic on a similar logical path should be permitted, afterall anything or that would otherwise seem to be in line with the thread must have come directly or indirectly from the proposers of the hypothesis. Such hypothesis can never be tested, proven, they'll just only be someone's idea... So instead of pursuing a wild goose, why not hear others' ideas, all this headaches physics is currently facing started from the birth of the understanding that there's a quantum world, which contradicts all our knowledge of normal physics, why wasn't it treated seperately like religion is, isn't the ideas such as space time warp absurd, quantum entanglement? Doesn't it just want you to scream WTF!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Interesting Random Facts About Life And Universe (pictures) / HOMEMADE Rc Helicopter Victor / Download Yoruba Bible Software (Bibeli Mimo) For PC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.