Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,093 members, 7,807,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Test For Africanness For Africans - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Test For Africanness For Africans (2431 Views)

"It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om / A Fulani Invention, Popularised By Hausa Merchants ; Adopted By West Africans. / Horn Africans Are NOT BLACK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Test For Africanness For Africans by gatiano(m): 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2016
Which do you believe or for better word "Trust" to be the truth about the formation of Mount KENYA?

1) Mount Kenya was formed about 3.5 million years ago by volcanic activity. It stands at the height of over 5199 meters and the second highest Mountain in Africa with a diameter of about 120 kilometers at the base. The Mountain was formed as a result of successive eruptions of volcano. Experts have been able to trace the action of ice as far below as 3,000 meters by analyzing the terminal moraines (curved ridges of boulders and stones carried down by the glaciers). This indicates the action of glaciers on the Mountain during the ice age was more extensive than they are today. This trend changed about 150,000 years as the climate changed. From 1893 when records started to be taken, 7 of once known glaciers have dried up, leaving the current 11 thin glaciers. This indicates we have lost 7 glaciers in less than 100 years...

or

2) The twelve seers who entreaty in favor of the Gikuyu community and who operate in secrecy to guard their wisdom have a very interesting fashion of the formation of Mount Kenya, They say Mount Kenya was formed after a “Star” known as riuki (literally meaning –the stone that came from outer space) hit the earth’s surface. The impact created a huge explosion followed by an earthquake and outward symmetrical waves. The depression created by riuki extruded magma- gicurucuru, volcanic ashes- umbi and debris of disintegrated riuki to the surface. Riuki became an embededment of Mount Kenya rocks.

1 Share

Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 17, 2016
gatiano:
Which do you believe or for better word "Trust" to be the truth about the formation of Mount KENYA?

1) Mount Kenya was formed about 3.5 million years ago by volcanic activity. It stands at the height of over 5199 meters and the second highest Mountain in Africa with a diameter of about 120 kilometers at the base. The Mountain was formed as a result of successive eruptions of volcano. Experts have been able to trace the action of ice as far below as 3,000 meters by analyzing the terminal moraines (curved ridges of boulders and stones carried down by the glaciers). This indicates the action of glaciers on the Mountain during the ice age was more extensive than they are today. This trend changed about 150,000 years as the climate changed. From 1893 when records started to be taken, 7 of once known glaciers have dried up, leaving the current 11 thin glaciers. This indicates we have lost 7 glaciers in less than 100 years...

or

2) The twelve seers who entreaty in favor of the Gikuyu community and who operate in secrecy to guard their wisdom have a very interesting fashion of the formation of Mount Kenya, They say Mount Kenya was formed after a “Star” known as riuki (literally meaning –the stone that came from outer space) hit the earth’s surface. The impact created a huge explosion followed by an earthquake and outward symmetrical waves. The depression created by riuki extruded magma- gicurucuru, volcanic ashes- umbi and debris of disintegrated riuki to the surface. Riuki became an embededment of Mount Kenya rocks.

That second account is so peculiar, very possible. I believe it in fact. Old men could not come up with such an explanation out of the blues.

There is a time when a Rock from space about five kilograms fell afew ten kilometers from the city. It was so dramatic, loud and sounded like a bomb on impact. It left a crater that was about two meters in diameter. If that thing was a bit bigger, I cant imagine the impact.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by gatiano(m): 5:43pm On Apr 17, 2016
That was true, I also saw (through media) the effect of an asteriod that entered russia few year ago (about 2 to 3 years), its impact was so enormous that it chattered glass, blocks, etc miles away. I could only imagine its impact upon reaching the earth. Whatever happened upon the surface of the earth suddenly became confidential and that was the last we heard of it.

Shouldn't we consider the first option for a second? what is wrong with their theories or conclusions? And at the same time why should I say for sure that the seers did not say that out of the blues (lol)?

Muafrika2:

That second account is so peculiar, very possible. I believe it in fact. Old men could not come up with such an explanation out of the blues.

There is a time when a Rock from space about five kilograms fell afew ten kilometers from the city. It was so dramatic, loud and sounded like a bomb on impact. It left a crater that was about two meters in diameter. If that thing was a bit bigger, I cant imagine the impact.
Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 17, 2016
gatiano:
That was true, I also saw (through media) the effect of an asteriod that entered russia few year ago (about 2 to 3 years), its impact was so enormous that it chattered glass, blocks, etc miles away. I could only imagine its impact upon reaching the earth. Whatever happened upon the surface of the earth suddenly became confidential and that was the last we heard of it.

Shouldn't we consider the first option for a second? what is wrong with their theories or conclusions? And at the same time why should I say for sure that the seers did not say that out of the blues (lol)?

That's true. The information we consume is more controlled than we think. There is a lot of effort to protect the worlds false sense of security.

The problem with the first option is that it's a theory. It is a conclusion based on human knowledge of the earth and trying to make sense of the anomalies that are found on the earth's surface. The theory is what we were given in school to explain all volcanic mountains.

The second is a very out of the box explanation of the formation of a volcanic mountain which science did not consider as an option. I bet a meteorite that was huge enough could hit the earth with those results. For a seer who is not speaking out of a western education systems logic, but a story passed down generations, it gives it more authenticity.

1 Like

Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by gatiano(m): 6:58pm On Apr 17, 2016
Hmmm! conclusion based on human knowledge of the earth and its anomalies- This is profound
But also without biasness, Are the seers conclusion not based upon human-knowledge? True it is story passed down from generation. Was the generation who passed this knowledge there at the point of impact? and how would they have survived?

Very true Brother, The information we get on a regular basis are very controlled and massively and masterfully controlled just the create doubts and confusion.

Muafrika2:

That's true. The information we consume is more controlled than we think. There is a lot of effort to protect the worlds false sense of security.

The problem with the first option is that it's a theory. It is a conclusion based on human knowledge of the earth and trying to make sense of the anomalies that are found on the earth's surface. The theory is what we were given in school to explain all volcanic mountains.

The second is a very out of the box explanation of the formation of a volcanic mountain which science did not consider as an option. I bet a meteorite that was huge enough could hit the earth with those results. For a seer who is not speaking out of a western education systems logic, but a story passed down generations, it gives it more authenticity.

Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 17, 2016
gatiano:
Hmmm! conclusion based on human knowledge of the earth and its anomalies- This is profound
But also without biasness, Are the seers conclusion not based upon human-knowledge? True it is story passed down from generation. Was the generation who passed this knowledge there at the point of impact? and how would they have survived?

Very true Brother, The information we get on a regular basis are very controlled and massively and masterfully controlled just the create doubts and confusion.

The difference is in the way the two different groups come to their knowledge. The African old knowledge is not from theories. It's from a time that experienced the event in the past. Someone witnessed something like a star fall out of the heavens and passed the information down.

The modern scientific version on the other hand comes by creating the most probable version of likely events out of a current situation. Here, nobody saw the eruption of the volcano. It is assumed from the materials, the shape, even the age is based on similar assumptions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by gatiano(m): 9:49pm On Apr 17, 2016
The ancients are patient, taking their time to study, examine and observe. To the ancients/African, glory is not attached to learning, it is simply gaining knowledge through experiences.

The modern version however has attached glory to its own observation. whoever gets the answers first would be awarded and glorified thus their hastiness in studying and learning.

Muafrika2:

The difference is in the way the two different groups come to their knowledge. The African old knowledge is not from theories. It's from a time that experienced the event in the past. Someone witnessed something like a star fall out of the heavens and passed the information down.

The modern scientific version on the other hand comes by creating the most probable version of likely events out of a current situation. Here, nobody saw the eruption of the volcano. It is assumed from the materials, the shape, even the age is based on similar assumptions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by Nobody: 4:19am On Apr 18, 2016
gatiano:
The ancients are patient, taking their time to study, examine and observe. To the ancients/African, glory is not attached to learning, it is simply gaining knowledge through experiences.

The modern version however has attached glory to its own observation. whoever gets the answers first would be awarded and glorified thus their hastiness in studying and learning.

Exactly,
Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by gatiano(m): 2:30pm On Apr 19, 2016
True to the opinion expressed by the seers, geologists have christened riuki kenyte . kenyte is found in only two places in the world; on Mount Kenya and Antarctic in South Pole. By locating kenyte in two different locations, a new theory was developed, that as a huge meteorite entered the earth’s atmosphere, it broke into two pieces, one hitting the earth at the equator in modern Kenya and the second hitting Antarctic.

The modern scientists accepted but then again claimed that the meteorite splits into two, to which the Seers has yet to reply....

“The rock was plucked from the peak by Snyder himself and later mounted in an elegant display cabinet at the main entrance. Members always left with souvenir mementos, one of which is a small piece of the Mountain – a particular rock which is only found in two parts of the world, one being on the Mountain and the other the Antarctic, a fact which no geologist can explain” PARADISE FOUND. The story of Mount Kenya safari club by Dela Roque.

http://gikuyumumbimuseum.org/mount-kenya-formation

I just began to wonder the story behind Olumo rock, Aso rock, Zuma rock etc. Anybody indigenous to these areas may please tell us the real story about them, If the Elders of the areas have permitted it.
Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 19, 2016
We as the do have our odd rock ,

The crying stone of Kakamega.

It's a veeery huge Rock with a boulder on top and water flows out of its top. The villagers, my people believe they are tears signifying bad omen. They say such tears may be followed by things like famine.

Scientists had speculated that there is moss at the top which gathers moisture during winter and releases it as the flowing water. This though does not explain why the waters have not flowed for several years now despite the rainy season being a regular occurrence in the area.

http://chrispractiseblog..co.ke/2011/05/crying-stone-of-western-kenya.html?m=1

Kenyan journalists speculate that the lack of water could be due to the tall, water thirsty Eucalyptus trees that the locals have since planted around the rock to obscure the rock from tourists' cameras who took its photos from far away, denying the locals a chance to sell their wares, etc to visitors.
Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by tpiah11: 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2016
gatiano:

I just began to wonder the story behind Olumo rock, Aso rock, Zuma rock etc. Anybody indigenous to these areas may please tell us the real story about them, If the Elders of the areas have permitted it.

Most stories about rocks' origin in Nigeria would probably involve them being human at some point in time, imo.

I could be wrong of course.

1 Like

Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by tpiah11: 4:58pm On Apr 19, 2016
gatiano:

or

you mean like the era of the dinosaurs or is there any mention of them?

1 Like

Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by gatiano(m): 9:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
Yes, there are some tales like that. They are mainly allergorical and are made into myths in such a way that it can still be remember after a very long time (millions of years). An non-initiate may not understand it, Initiates understands stories, poems, scriptures and prophecies on a higher level. Having said that, There is nothing called entertainments, or children stories or folklores, they are all representation of truth facts.

So all myths are welcome to be demystified.

tpiah11:

Most stories about rocks' origin in Nigeria would probably involve them being human at some point in time, imo.

I could be wrong of course.
Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by gatiano(m): 9:29pm On Apr 19, 2016
Purpose always preceeds action. The dinosaurs were ones here, they did their jobs or served their purpose and were taken out. Let us imagine the existence of dragons. Did they exist? Personally, I would say yes. Are they still in existence? Yes, and the dinosaurs too.

tpiah11:

you mean like the era of the dinosaurs or is there any mention of them?
Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by gatiano(m): 9:47pm On Apr 19, 2016
Interesting.
But why would the emergence of water signify bad omen? The fact that there is no water flowing out now signifies the farmine. The flow of waters from it may depend on some specific alignments of the cosmic body or stars. We will only have a few clues when its custodians come out.

Muafrika2:
We as the do have our odd rock ,

The crying stone of Kakamega.

It's a veeery huge Rock with a boulder on top and water flows out of its top. The villagers, my people believe they are tears signifying bad omen. They say such tears may be followed by things like famine.

Scientists had speculated that there is moss at the top which gathers moisture during winter and releases it as the flowing water. This though does not explain why the waters have not flowed for several years now despite the rainy season being a regular occurrence in the area.

http://chrispractiseblog..co.ke/2011/05/crying-stone-of-western-kenya.html?m=1

Kenyan journalists speculate that the lack of water could be due to the tall, water thirsty Eucalyptus trees that the locals have since planted around the rock to obscure the rock from tourists' cameras who took its photos from far away, denying the locals a chance to sell their wares, etc to visitors.

1 Like

Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by tpiah11: 11:21pm On Apr 19, 2016
gatiano:
Purpose always preceeds action. The dinosaurs were ones here, they did their jobs or served their purpose and were taken out. Let us imagine the existence of dragons. Did they exist? Personally, I would say yes. Are they still in existence? Yes, and the dinosaurs too.

What purpose do you ascribe to them?

Lolz, I think you've been watching TGD, however, I was asking if the meteor you referred to, was considered the same as the one from the dinosaur era or if it was different.

Yes, there are smaller dinosaurs and dragons still around today in the reptile family.
Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by gatiano(m): 4:37pm On Apr 20, 2016
I really do not know TGD.

You must first understance that these dinosaurs were not just here on one single period or occasion. The solar system(our) always and will always pass through stages. It works on a destroy and rebuild mechanism.

There are changes that must occur every 25000 to 26000 years,
Another would always occur about 700,000 years
Others can be within just 7000 years(small type) which is about to right now

Since every substances have a half-life, the sun, earth, planets, moons too have their half-life, It causes a almost total destruction, at other times it would be speeded up because of timing. When this types of destruction occurs, or with a newly formed planets, The dinosaurs' families are brought in to do their part.
They are very heavy animals (to much up the earth"
They are very brutal, The fossils that we now depend on was from their decay... and more that I do not know.

We may have also added Our DNA with the dinosaurs' to make a humanoid dino looking being...

The Yoruba word for dinosaur is "Kiniun" ; This would surprise Yoruba people as they now think kiniun is called tiger in english.

tpiah11:

What purpose do you ascribe to them?

Lolz, I think you've been watching TGD, however, I was asking if the meteor you referred to, was considered the same as the one from the dinosaur era or if it was different.

Yes, there are smaller dinosaurs and dragons still around today in the reptile family.
Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by tpiah11: 4:51pm On Apr 20, 2016
gatiano:
I really do not know TGD.

You must first understance that these dinosaurs were not just here on one single period or occasion. The solar system(our) always and will always pass through stages. It works on a destroy and rebuild mechanism.

There are changes that must occur every 25000 to 26000 years,
Another would always occur about 700,000 years
Others can be within just 7000 years(small type) which is about to right now

Since every substances have a half-life, the sun, earth, planets, moons too have their half-life, It causes a almost total destruction, at other times it would be speeded up because of timing. When this types of destruction occurs, or with a newly formed planets, The dinosaurs' families are brought in to do their part.
They are very heavy animals (to much up the earth"
They are very brutal, The fossils that we now depend on was from their decay... and more that I do not know.

We may have also added Our DNA with the dinosaurs' to make a humanoid dino looking being...

The Yoruba word for dinosaur is "Kiniun" ; This would surprise Yoruba people as they now think kiniun is called tiger in english.

Kiniun is Lion. There is no Yoruba word for dinosaur unless one is invented. Tigers are not native to west Africa or Nigeria but can be grouped under big cats- ekun.

The argument about changes in the solar system is debatable since the sun itself is about 4.6 billion years old and demonstrates relatively little change all this while, and is expected to still remain so for another 4 billion + years if nobody nukes it.

The dinosaurs purpose still remains unknown, wouldnt you say?
Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by NTAChannel5: 4:55pm On Apr 20, 2016
Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by gatiano(m): 5:15pm On Apr 20, 2016
Kiniun is mentioned in Iwori Meji of the Odu-Ifa, by a Priest in the book Ifism, and My Uncle had was told me about Kiniun not been a lion but more brutal. My mistake, Yoruba call that lion not tiger.

According to the modern/european scientists, the sun is 4 billion years old, how old then is the universe?

According to the African, The sun is 78 trillion years old, the earth 76 trillion.

Lions roll with lions, leopard with leopards, snakes with snakes, chinese with chinese, As an African, I roll with Africans to the last micro-point.

The dinosaurs has many functions and purposes which I am not exposed to as of yet, But the fossil oil, crude oil were the dinosaurs. There is a rumor, and scientist have been scouting the area of cameroon as there may still be a dinoseur in its swamps.

tpiah11:

Kiniun is Lion. There is no Yoruba word for dinosaur unless one is invented. Tigers are not native to west Africa or Nigeria but can be grouped under big cats- ekun.

The argument about changes in the solar system is debatable since the sun itself is about 4.6 billion years old and demonstrates relatively little change all this while, and is expected to still remain so for another 4 billion + years if nobody nukes it.

The dinosaurs purpose still remains unknown, wouldnt you say?
Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by tpiah11: 5:26pm On Apr 20, 2016
gatiano:
Kiniun is mentioned in Iwori Meji of the Odu-Ifa, by a Priest in the book Ifism, and My Uncle had was told me about Kiniun not been a lion but more brutal. My mistake, Yoruba call that lion not tiger.

yes, Kiniun is Lion.

According to the modern/european scientists, the sun is 4 billion years old, how old then is the universe?

According to the African, The sun is 78 trillion years old, the earth 76 trillion.

I got my previous info from wiki, it gave the sun's age as 4 billion years or so, however, my point is, the sun does not follow this "rule" of mass extinction every so often.

Lions roll with lions, leopard with leopards, snakes with snakes, chinese with chinese, As an African, I roll with Africans to the last micro-point.

whatever you are comfortable with.

The dinosaurs has many functions and purposes which I am not exposed to as of yet, But the fossil oil, crude oil were the dinosaurs. There is a rumor, and scientist have been scouting the area of cameroon as there may still be a dinoseur in its swamps.

saying the dinosaurs function was to provide crude oil doesnt make sense, do you disagree?
Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by gatiano(m): 10:10pm On Apr 20, 2016
We can go back and forth about what kiniun is in english which is not neccessary. You can simply just ask an Elder who is firm in the Orisha and/or Ifa sciences/history/mathematics who does not depend on outside Africa for a single information.
Beside only about 1% of all Yoruba really understand Yoruba in an intellectual level, All of the rest including myself only understand it on a communicational level. That 1% is only within the initiates of the Yoruba Spirituality and Science. The same goes for all Our People all over Africa, We don't know english, we don't know our own tribal languages. We the Children are a little pathetic and that shows that I am not on a pride trip or pride lemonade.

Test sample, I hope you'd answer and I'll appreciate it.
Translate:
1)Death
2)Ghost
3)Spirit
4)Soul
5)Heart
6)Mind
7)S/He has died
coolExist
9)S/He has cease to exist
10) Weldone
11) Good afternoon/morning.

Wiki is non-African. European are free to accept what it is they want. If the sun does not follow the mass extinction rule, why then are the so called modern scientist worried about "sometimes the overheating of the sun", "That the sun may blast with its continous coronal mass ejection" and other times "the cooling of the sun resulting to deep freeze" and the "death of the sun"?

Every thing in the universe is to serve a purpose, Even You and I, The fishes, the birds all, even the purpose of the earth is different from mars, and the purpose of this solar system is different and very distinctive from the next closest star. One of the functions of the dinosaurs was to simply make fossils on the planet.

tpiah11:

yes, Kiniun is Lion.

I got my previous info from wiki, it gave the sun's age as 4 billion years or so, however, my point is, the sun does not follow this "rule" of mass extinction every so often.

whatever you are comfortable with.

saying the dinosaurs function was to provide crude oil doesnt make sense, do you disagree?
Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by itstpia8: 10:30pm On Apr 20, 2016
You are overthinking simple language when its not necessary.

Try to find out the meaning of these words from a Yoruba dictionary which a babalawo can also refer you to:

Life

Person

Who is living

God

Jesus

Resurrection

Victory

Omoluabi

Salvation.

How is making fossils a function?

You need to agree you cant think of any purpose for dinosaurs, not so?
Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by itstpia8: 10:32pm On Apr 20, 2016
Let's visit this question again:

What was the purpose of the dinosaurs?

Your answers:

1. They provide crude oil

2. They make fossils.

btw are you Nigerian, Kenyan or where? I thought you were Kenyan but you seem to want to discuss Yoruba, why so?
Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by gatiano(m): 10:49pm On Apr 20, 2016
I am only asking you to translate the words and phrases to show that it has different meaning to what a modern Yoruba thinks. If you can, then I may agree that truely, lion is called kiniun in Yoruba.

As for the purpose a for which dinosaurs are seeded on earth. I guess you also subscibe to the universe came of itself with no mind of its own.

I rep Eko/Lagos.

itstpia8:
Let's visit this question again:

What was the purpose of the dinosaurs?

Your answers:

1. They provide crude oil

2. They make fossils.

btw are you Nigerian, Kenyan or where? I thought you were Kenyan but you seem to want to discuss Yoruba, why so?
Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by gatiano(m): 12:14am On Apr 21, 2016
Views from African Perspective

Throughout the slave trade, and finally the colonization and the present neo colonization, Africa has never been given a chance to contribute her wisdom at the world stage. In all the years, West has developed a pretentious attitude of knowing all in Africa. That was a social complexity attitude that developed in Europe during the feudal system to keep serfs out of master’s walls. When Africa was opened up, the Europeans who came to Africa and made fortunes became knower’s of all. Africa in turn shut herself out. Africa has one special quality, she does not shout to say she knows. The more silent she is, the more despised she is, and pushed over. In light of this, West introduced colonial system of education in Africa because they needed to “rescue” her from one long night of ignorance. Education is an expression of mind. The education they received was to make them mega machine components automated to a thought free forward push, but rendered unyielding in the change of position.

From London school of Oriental and African Studies, one of the black students writes; “Of course we are not thrown into jails or tortured for what we say in Britain. But the practice of making students who challenge the accepted academic order [that the colonial period was useful to Africa otherwise ‘it wouldn’t even have the little development it had’] is surely a form of imprisonment ---”This state of affairs work-very subtlety- on the minds of students. You have to toe the line or perish. And since nobody wants to commit academic suicide, we all conform. This is how the minds of Africans who study abroad are” conditioned” to become classic HMVs – His Masters Voice (NewAfrican- February 2000, 38)

Africa must not pretend she does not know. She must stand up and say she knows. In terms of foreign aid let her receive aid inform of soap but she should not allow advisers in her bathroom to receive advice on how to scrub her back.

“The Kikuyu, as a rule were not much interested in their --- surrounding. Although they had a name for all the shrubs, and trees and birds, they walked about their country without appearing to possess it” The Flame Tree of Thika, Elpeth Huxley- 1913

“The very freedom which marks the period of childhood gives unrivaled opportunity for picking up all sort of information about the environment --- As he roams the country – side he learns to distinguish a great variety of birds, animals, insects, trees, grasses, fruits and flowers---. He does not observe or understand them as a lesson in a natural history, but knows their habits and life history as he needs for his purpose. ” Facing Mount Kenya , Jomo Kenyatta- 1938

She must take a radical change from the Western tailored systematic education that is based on concept of agriculture which in turn controls the pace of her development to a free approach based on performance or result oriented.

Look! Stonehenge which is situated in Southern England in the Salisbury plain was erected by people related to the Luos of Kenya but unfortunately the Luo elders of Nyakach are yet to reveal the science and purpose of erecting them. It is unfortunate that Britons are spending nights there every Christmas as a way of reclaiming “their” heritage at the expense of the Luo civilization. Stonehenge built between C 1900BC and C 1400BC are ruins of a megalithic monument. Its features are rings of stones surrounding a horseshoe of upright stones, and lone vertical stone, the heel stone. It was built in three phases, between C 1900BC to C 1400 BC, most probably, to serve as a Divine center and an observatory from which astronomical calculations could be made.

Samuel Kamitha – Chief Seer’s Messenger http://gikuyumumbimuseum.org/views-from-african-perspective
Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by gatiano(m): 12:28am On Apr 21, 2016
Surgery

Conservative surgery: Besides perfect administration of poisons and radiation (invoking of energy by the process of activating the brain) Gikuyu seers have unique surgery performed at the sole of the foot. Three simple incisions performed consecutively at the sole of the foot stimulates the healing of an entirely different part of the body. In the first incision, the brain develops a positive charge to encounter the attack immediately it records the pain. In the second incision, the brain develops a similar charge immediately it records the second pain. In the third incision the brain develops a charge far too higher than the last two incisions. The three incisions are performed at particular areas in the nerve endings to activate the brain. The activated brain sends a high voltage charge through the nervous system to the whole body. If a defective cell or a foreign organism was encountered, it was destroyed not by the white cells, but by the brains high voltage. In a simple language, out of our ignorance of such healing process we term it miracle. Such a surgery portrays a very advanced wisdom on the nervous system.

Modern day’s evangelists and traditional medicine men guide their flocks through the process of charging their brains in order to get healed. The healing is left entirely to the subtlety of the individual mind. The healing through faith is not for all but for a few privileged in having a subtle mind to give their brain a command.

It should be remembered the Kisii traditional healers are known to drill the cranium in an open theatre under a tree to release the pressure in the brain. After the operation the patient was put under hard food i.e. roasted hard part of ugali (stiff porridge) and dry roasted maize. The healers say, on chewing such foods it creates shock therapy. In Westcar Papyrus, now kept in the vault in Berlin Museum, talks of Magician called Djedi (2800 BC), who could behead the body and fix the head back without the notice of the patient.

In today’s medical term Djedi is not a magician but a neurosurgeon.
Re: Test For Africanness For Africans by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 21, 2016
Am learning about the Agikuyu. I did not know they had such a rich and deep cultural experience. cool

You are right about the negative effects of losing African languages. As an example, there is alot of information I would like to inquire of from my grandfather, who is very old by now. I can barely make a simple sentence in the language he is most comfortable in. So our conversations never go so far.

There are things that can only be explained in native languages. So just by loosing our native language, we are effectively cut off from our roots, and our older generation is helpless.

Native Language is a major aspect of decolonisation.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Which State Has The Most Ugliest Girl/boy In Nigeria � (full Video) / Is Greeting Strangers Part Of Yoruba Culture / Mi O Gbo Yoruba. Deal With It!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.