Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

The Will Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Will Of God (1190 Views)

Catholic Cardinal Declares Mohammed A True Prophet Of God / How A Man Of God Disgrace Me Today / Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Will Of God by rexben(m): 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2016
Will of God may also said to be what He wants,desires.
God's optimum will is for His children to come home,to believe in Him and in Jesus that He sent. He did not want His children to be comfortable on this earth(far country). Just as in the parable of the prodigal son,the father wishes his son to come. Luke 15:11-24
16 So Jesus replied, "My teaching is not from me, but from the one who sent me. 17 If anyone wants to do God's will, he will know about my teaching, whether it is from God or whether I speak from my own authority.
John 7:16-17.
The very place to know the will of God is in the teachings of Jesus.
People have mistaken the will of man for the will of God. There are two parallel lines that can never meet.
But Jesus said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in men's eyes, but God knows your hearts. For what is highly prized among men is utterly detestable in God's sight.
Luke 16:15.
The will of man is to be rich,very wealthy,comfortable.
The will of God is for man is to be poor,uncomfortable in this so that He will come home.(case study the prodigal son). Then he looked up at his disciples and said: "Blessed are you who are poor, for the kingdom of God belongs to you.
Luke 6:20.
But woe to you who are rich, for you have received your comfort already.
Luke 6:24
Again I say, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter into the kingdom of God."
Matt 19:24.
Note
Paul said,
For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that although he was rich, he became poor for your sakes, so that you by his poverty could become rich. This is evil and a lie. Jesus never became poor for you to be rich. Jesus never taught that. As i said earlier,the will of God is for His own is to be poor in this earth and rich in heaven.
There is also a very popular saying,if you are poor on earth,there is tendency to be poor in heaven. Poor Lazarus was poor on earth and also poor in heaven/ paradise because the rich begged Abraham to ask Lazarus to dip his hand inside water. They do say he served on earth and also in paradise. They have forgotten the the reply Abraham gave the rich man.
But Abraham said, 'Child, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things and Lazarus likewise bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in anguish.
Luke 16:25.
Talking about the poor,i don't mean every poor people. Even most poor people wish and pray to be rich. The poor are Jesus disciples that chose to be poor rather to be rich . They do this because it is the will of The father.
The will of man is to lay up treasures on earth,build houses,mansion,have very fat bank accounts,own shares in companies,have fleet of cars. Some even say,i just want to be comfortable. At least a house,two cars etc. This is evil.
The will of God is for man to lay his treasures in heaven.
19 "Do not lay for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But lay for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal.
Matt 6:19-20.
Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be perfect, go sell your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
Matt 19:21.
In the same way therefore not one of you can be my disciple if he does not renounce all his own possessions.
Luke 14:33
The will of man is to live long on earth,to save his life on earth. No wonder,Peter rebuke Jesus when He wanted to die. All men wants to live long earth. Whenever i tell people that i don't pray to live long,they always rebuke me. Matt 16:21-22.h
The will of God is for man to lose his life on this earth,not to be comfortable to this world.
For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
Matt 16:25.
Did you notice that Jesus revised the law,honour your father and mother(God). He did not add that you may live long on earth,you check it out. (pls do check my other post for clarity of what Jesus said about father and mother, THE TRUE FAMILY OF THE DISCIPLES OF JESUS )
God want His own to love Home (heaven),to and hate this far country (this earth),not be comfortable here as Jesus was not comfortable.
Jesus led by example by choosing to go home rather than staying back in this far country. He chose death because that is the only way back to God(not suicide). He never chose life by jumping down from the cross while He was tempted to save His life. Like Jesus,His disciples are also tempted always to save their lifes in this far country.
16 So Jesus replied, "My teaching is not from me, but from the one who sent me. 17 If anyone wants to do God's will, he will know about my teaching, whether it is from God or whether I speak from my own authority.
John 7:16-17.
31 Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
John 8:31-32.
If you continue in His words/teachings,then you are His disciple. His teachings in Matthew,Mark,Luke and John only. He said
4 When he has brought all his own sheep out, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they recognize his voice. 5 They will never follow a stranger, but will run away from him, because they do not recognize the stranger's voice."
John 10:4-5.
His sheep will follow Him,they won't follow strangers like Paul and others because they don't recognize their voices. Check my other post. Paul is a false apostle by Edgar Jones.
Re: The Will Of God by Baawaa(m): 7:46pm On Apr 17, 2016
Bible is very complete, by saying at the "end time" we should be careful of Pastors.
Re: The Will Of God by rexben(m): 10:41pm On Apr 17, 2016
Baawaa:
Bible is very complete, by saying at the "end time" we should be careful of Pastors.
Being careful of Pastors. Jesus said one shepherd(pastor) and one flock. According to Jesus,He is the only pastor,any other pastor is a stranger and Jesus sheep will never follow strangers. Check my other post. Paul is a false apostle by Edgar Jones. As for the bible being complete,pls do check my post on HOLY BIBLE IS NOT THE WORD OF GOD,you can also drop your comments or questions.
Re: The Will Of God by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 18, 2016
rexben:
Being careful of Pastors. Jesus said one shepherd(pastor) and one flock. According to Jesus,He is the only pastor,any other pastor is a stranger and Jesus sheep will never follow strangers. Check my other post. Paul is a false apostle by Edgar Jones. As for the bible being complete,pls do check my post on HOLY BIBLE IS NOT THE WORD OF GOD,you can also drop your comments or questions.

Lol orisirisi grin
Re: The Will Of God by rexben(m): 9:35am On Apr 18, 2016
emrain:

Lol orisirisi grin
my bro that is just the truth
Re: The Will Of God by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 18, 2016
rexben:
my bro that is just the truth

How did you arrive at this "truth"?
Re: The Will Of God by rexben(m): 10:51am On Apr 18, 2016
emrain:

by the help of the holy spirit and by following Jesus teachings only.
Re: The Will Of God by rexben(m): 9:57am On Apr 30, 2016
emrain:

The devil has always and will always pervert the truth. The truth is Jesus. The world has never accepted and will never accept Jesus.
Now this is the basis for judging: that the light has come into the world and people loved the darkness rather than the light, because their deeds were evil.
John 3:19

(1) (Reply)

Operation Fight The Atheist!! / Fr. Mbaka Breaks Silence On Nnamdi Kanu, South-east Politicians / Corpse/dead Body And Leaf.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.