Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

The True Family Of Disciples Of Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The True Family Of Disciples Of Jesus (474 Views)

Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) / Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The True Family Of Disciples Of Jesus by rexben(m): 7:40pm On Apr 17, 2016
Jesus while He was on earth defined or specified who His family are and who the family of His disciples should be.
According to Jesus in John 3, while He was talking to Nicodemus. He explained the concept of being born again. He said to be born again is to born from above,born by the Spirit.
Jesus replied, "I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born from above, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3
5 Jesus answered, "I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 What is born of the flesh is flesh, and what is born of the Spirit is spirit.
John 3:5-6.
To be born again is to be born anew,born the second time. That was why Nicodemus asked this sincere question.
Nicodemus said to him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter his mother's womb and be born a second time, can he?"
John 3:4.
Being born the second time is to be born SPIRITUALLY,a spiritual birth. For we all know that the first birth was PHYSICAL.
At the first birth,you were begotten by your earthly parents.
At this second birth,you will be begotten by God. He is your father.
At the first birth,your siblings (i.e your brothers and sisters) are your earthly parents children.
At this second birth,your siblings are God's children (those that do the will of God Matt 12:49-50).
Jesus defined who His family were while on earth.
He never at any point called Joseph His father Luke 2:49. Anytime He use the word my Father,He was only and always referring to God. He went further by saying
And call no one your 'father' on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
Matt 23:9
He also never called Mary His mother at any point John 2:4. He also went further to declare who His mother,brothers and sisters are.
48 To the one who had said this, Jesus replied, "Who is my mother and who are my brothers?" 49 And pointing toward his disciples he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."
Matt 12:48-50.
To His disciples He told them who their Father is. John 20:17
He went further by teaching them not to call anyone on this earth their father.
And call no one your 'father' on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
Matt 23:9.
He said a disciple is not greater than His master. John 15:20. His disciples mother,brothers and sisters are those who do the will of God. Matt 12:48-50.
And whoever has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.
Matt 19:29.
If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother, and wife and children, and brothers and sisters, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.
Luke 14:26.
Jesus was making emphasis on who His disciples true families are.
Summary:
As a disciple of Jesus,your family are those that does the will of God and God is your Father.
Jesus as a good master,He led by example. So as His disciple,you are to follow suit because a servant is not greater than His master.
Pls do check my new post. WILL OF GOD to get to be familiar with the will of God
Re: The True Family Of Disciples Of Jesus by rexben(m): 10:20am On Apr 30, 2016
Jesus disciples are not of this world,so no affiliation with the world system or anything. Their lifes are controlled by God. They hates their life in this world

(1) (Reply)

What If Adam And Eve Did Not Sin? A World Of Unclad People? / Time And Eternity Always Present With Him. / Why Was John Called The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.