Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,528 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:13 PM

Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT (22974 Views)

2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes / I Would Have Jailed Saraki’s Lawyer Yesterday Says CCT Chairman - Must Read / Saraki’s Trial Splits APC; Senior Member Blasts Party Leaders For ‘keeping Quiet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by midolian(m): 11:50am On Apr 18, 2016
Danladi Umar, chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), says the trial of Senate President Bukola Saraki will now commence from day to day.

Umar made the statement while scolding Gabriel Esegine, counsel to the federal government, who held brief for Rotimi Jacobs (SAN), the lead counsel in the trial of the senate president.

Esegine had asked the tribunal to stand down the matter for an hour so that Jacobs, who is at the appeal court, could continue it when he returns.

But Umar was displeased, and he wondered why Jacobs would be absent from such a sensitive case.

“This tribunal will not wait for anybody,” he said.

“According to the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, 2015, trials are to commence from day to day. And that’s what will happen now from 10am to 6pm.”

However, Umar stood down the matter to 12pm after giving the prosecution counsel a talking-to.

Kanu Agabi, counsel to Saraki, had consented to the application for stand-down before the tribunal ruled on it.

https://www.thecable.ng/sarakis-trial-will-now-hold-everyday-says-cct#.VxS4PUQ920A.twitter

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by ricsman(m): 11:52am On Apr 18, 2016
Adjourning case to weeks or months intervals is the height of criminality. what more facts are they still looking for when its vivid.

guess its time to end the SP case.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by TANTUMERGO007(m): 11:52am On Apr 18, 2016
SARAKI has done no wrong, i don't know when we would start appreciating our leaders, people that wanna take this country to the greater height. SARAKI deserves our prayers and supports. sai oloyeee

*ISTANDWITHSARAKI cry

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by midolian(m): 11:53am On Apr 18, 2016
Pikin wey say hin mama no go sleep..

I love the Nigeria under PMB grin grin grin

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by jmichlins(m): 11:55am On Apr 18, 2016
They are ready to nail this man. Some people will not like this news but who cares

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by mrvitalis(m): 11:55am On Apr 18, 2016
Now we are talking and this should be same with all corruption cases

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 18, 2016
I trust Sakari. I'm happy he has this opportunity to prove himself innocent. May the labors of chukwudi44 not be in vain.
tongue

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by XYZ123: 12:00pm On Apr 18, 2016
This guy's kujelisation may come earlier than expected shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by Ratello: 12:01pm On Apr 18, 2016
Saraki is about to kiss the Senate seat goodbye

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by Ratello: 12:02pm On Apr 18, 2016
XYZ123:
This guy's kujelisation may come earlier than expected shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I just helped you with the italics wink

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by TANTUMERGO007(m): 12:04pm On Apr 18, 2016
Ratello:

are you talking about 2019?

*ISTANDWITHSARAKI

7 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by mackhunter77: 12:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
if only it could last every 24hrs cos d speed at which the Senate is moving in order to review the CCT act is too embarrassing for our beloved country

I hope the reviewed act won't automatically nullify all previous judgements handed down by the CCT

This APC house must be fixed cos dia wahala I too mosh

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by teadrake(m): 12:09pm On Apr 18, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
SARAKI has done no wrong, i don't know when we would start appreciating our leaders, people that wanna take this country to the greater height. SARAKI deserves our prayers and supports. sai oloyeee

*ISTANDWITHSARAKI cry
Come down to kwara state and spelt this trash,you'll certainly be lynched.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by LocalChamp: 12:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
SARAKI, THE FACE OF CORRUPTION

13 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by ricsman(m): 12:14pm On Apr 18, 2016
Ratello:
yes because he may not have the time to precede any plenary

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by TANTUMERGO007(m): 12:14pm On Apr 18, 2016
teadrake:

Come down to kwara state and spelt this trash,you'll certainly be lynched.
Are you more 'kwaran' than thee?

5 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by VivianUdeogu(f): 12:15pm On Apr 18, 2016
Okay
Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by superstar1(m): 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2016
If Saraki and his bandits can amend Acts within 3weeks, CCT can also deliver judgement within 2weeks.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by XYZ123: 12:24pm On Apr 18, 2016
Ratello:

I just helped you with the italics wink
thanks smiley

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by amtaken(f): 12:40pm On Apr 18, 2016
Who else is CCT trying apart from Saraki?

9 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by 989900: 12:42pm On Apr 18, 2016
Ti omode ba ni oun gbon'gbon ku ku . . . let's see how they seat in the house and amend the laws now when he and his cohorts are busy coming to court everyday.

He just got too smart for his own good.

He will be impeached: before the c0ck crows, the same senators coming with him to court will betray him '1 time' -- don't be surprised if Dino turns a mole.

21 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by dridowu: 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2016
Almost time up for Saraki. Anyway, justice delay is justice denied.
Thanks for Justice Danladi Umar.
TANTUMERGO007:

*ISTANDWITHSARAKI cry
Yes, you are entitled to your opinion but that won't deter the CCT from doing is job.
Moreover, the CCT is yet to deliver his judgement so don't assume Saraki is guilty or not. It left to Saraki to defend himself with all the 80 lawyers he hired.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by modath(f): 12:54pm On Apr 18, 2016
The classic case of Eleke Nti Oba !!!! , Dino is already dodging the like minds coven gathering, let's see who will continue with the nonsense ammendment when their principal is having his ass being fried on a daily basis! !

Checkmate of life.. grin

Danladi Umar of Life.. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by freedom96: 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2016
Ok...pls wat class of degree does Danladi Umar hold?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by simpleseyi: 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

*ISTANDWITHSARAKI cry

I am already praying for Sarathief. I am praying for him to get to jail quickly and spend some years, then return to face another set of criminal charges.

14 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by lawnreigh(m): 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2016
Saraki going, going, .................

8 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by blazetitov: 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
superstar1:
If Saraki and his bandits can amend Acts within 3weeks, CCT can also deliver judgement within 2weeks.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

GBAM!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by PassingShot(m): 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2016
Great! grin

Saraki don buy market wey pass am. cheesy

He unfortunately underestimated the resolve of the current government not to have a man with excessive garbage in his baggage to be the number three man in order not to rubbish the anti-corruption mantra.

With the day-to-day hearing, I will like to see how he's able ti buy time to frustrate his impending disgrace from office.

I am very happy that APC doesn't mind to lose the Senate President position because of this case because this one is the president's ultimate test of his fight against corruption.

As for the paid youths, they only deserve our pity for what poverty has turned them to - political abobakus for those who stole their decent living and their future for crumbs. Chukwudi44 comes to mind here.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by bunmioguns(m): 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2016
undecided
Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by jaydee8(m): 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2016
Gh
Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by Sijo01(f): 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2016
This is getting real serious
Re: Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT by Ptoocool(m): 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2016
lawnreigh:
Saraki going, going, .................

Gone!

That iPOD youth up there standing with SARAKI_ss_and_tell might as well stand with him in Kuje or Alagbon,,nonsense and peri peri ingredient

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pantami Calls On Muslims To Build More Mosques, Islamic Centres / Governor Akeredolu Undergoes APC Screening Exercise (PHOTOS) / 2023 Presidency: Atiku, Tinubu Fight Dirty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.