Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,769 members, 7,806,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Zimbabwe's Two Toed People - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Zimbabwe's Two Toed People (2355 Views)

The Ostrich People Of Zimbabwe Who Have Just Two Toes / Vadoma: The Ostrich People Of Zimbabwe Who Have Just Two Toes / Swear On The Bible You’ve Got No Nudes, Zimbabwe Beauty Pageant Tells Models (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zimbabwe's Two Toed People by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 18, 2016
The Doma or vaDoma (singular muDoma), also known as Dema, are a tribe living in the Kanyemba region in the north of Zimbabwe, especially in the Urungwe and Sipolilo districts around the basins of Mwazamutanda River, a tributary of the Zambezi River Valley. They are the only traditional hunter-gatherers indigenous to Zimbabwe and famous for the inherited ectrodactyly existing among some vaDoma families.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zimbabwe's Two Toed People by gatiano(m): 2:09pm On Apr 19, 2016
According to Credo Mutwa, the People said they are from the planet mars. Elder Mutwa said when He saw them, He ran like crazy. What do you think of their feet?
Re: Zimbabwe's Two Toed People by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 19, 2016
gatiano:
According to Credo Mutwa, the People said they are from the planet mars. Elder Mutwa said when He saw them, He ran like crazy. What do you think of their feet?

I'd like to hear their own version of how they ended up that way. Am sure they have an explanation passed down generation.

Edited.
Planet Mars?
How do they refer to it?

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe's Two Toed People by gatiano(m): 2:55pm On Apr 19, 2016
I'm not sure, but their version would be out soon. What I have actually heard or learnt thus far is that, The tribal People across the continent did alot of things simply to keep modernity away; It saved a lot from slavery and the evils of colonizations. If Baba Mutwa would run upon seeing those, what will people of believe systems do?

Muafrika2:

I'd like to hear their own version of how they ended up that way. Am sure they have an explanation passed down generation.

Edited.
Planet Mars?
How do they refer to it?

Re: Zimbabwe's Two Toed People by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 19, 2016
gatiano:
I'm not sure, but their version would be out soon. What I have actually heard or learnt thus far is that, The tribal People across the continent did alot of things simply to keep modernity away; It saved a lot from slavery and the evils of colonizations. If Baba Mutwa would run upon seeing those, what will people of believe systems do?

Yeah, it would seem colonialists did not bother them as much.
Re: Zimbabwe's Two Toed People by Analysiscorner: 10:56am On Apr 26, 2016
Why do they end up having only two toes?
Your post is more of an exposition. So, go on.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe's Two Toed People by Lilyomi2: 12:13pm On Apr 26, 2016
it could be a chromosomal anomaly and it is being passed on genetically.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe's Two Toed People by Peritus(m): 6:57am On Apr 28, 2016
I'm surprised. Never heard of this b4. My mat is spread, Op, more info.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe's Two Toed People by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 28, 2016
Analysiscorner:
Lilyomi2:
Peritus:

More on the condition,

Ectrodactyly (also known as a split hand-split foot malformation, cleft hand or lobster claw hand) is a skeletal anomaly predominantly affecting the hands (although the feet can also be affected). The condition has a highly variable severity.

Epidemiology

The estimated incidence is at ~ 1 in 90,000-150,000 births.
Re: Zimbabwe's Two Toed People by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 28, 2016
Analysiscorner:
Lilyomi2:
Peritus:

More on the condition,

Ectrodactyly (also known as a split hand-split foot malformation, cleft hand or lobster claw hand) is a skeletal anomaly predominantly affecting the hands (although the feet can also be affected). The condition has a highly variable severity.

Epidemiology

The estimated incidence is at ~ 1 in 90,000-150,000 births.

http://radiopaedia.org/articles/ectrodactyly

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News. ORO In Ikorodu Area Pls Be Warned / History Of Yoruba Land / Share Your Most Memorable Nursery Rhyme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.