Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria (61835 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / Abducted Bayelsa Ese: I'm 17 Yrs, I'm Here To Be A Muslim, Don't Want To Go Back / What Is The Appropriate Age To Register A Child In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by Charles4075(m): 11:00pm On Apr 18, 2016
The one wa vex me pass na when your name be ''AnUoluwa'' and those igbo boys go dey call you ''Anu(Meat)'' as if you be goat or cow.. The tin vex me gan..

But, I nor sure say anybody go give him pikin ''Oshiomo--''.. Na here I stop ohh, I nor wan go jail yet.
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by Henon: 11:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
Gboliwe:
Adamu
John
Caro
Donatus
John? Na lie!

1 Like

Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by bamdexfarms(m): 11:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
oridota ambali ajanlekoko
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by IRserveMyComent(f): 11:23pm On Apr 18, 2016
Ksmart22:
Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Nnasari Jonathan or Dame Patience
pls dont make your gullibility very glaring. Respect your age.

1 Like

Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by lyricalz: 11:32pm On Apr 18, 2016
Even Calistus, slivanus, augustus, anus etc.

1 Like

Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by princesspinky(f): 11:39pm On Apr 18, 2016
mystiqueDZ:
AmUobi
Obumneke
grin grin grin
hey that's my name and i love it,my mama gave that name obumneke 4 a reason.
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by kcsider: 11:54pm On Apr 18, 2016
Keziah
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:10am On Apr 19, 2016
kcsider:
Keziah

hahaha. This Keziah name self......Em go dey share your properly.

what a senseless name,
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by Ifetex(m): 12:16am On Apr 19, 2016
Igodie
Basketmouth grin grin
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by Quossy(f): 1:09am On Apr 19, 2016
Lol! Am Eka-ette by name and am a gud cook as 4 bedmatics abeg make i leave matter 4 mattias.
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by Topshow4real: 2:08am On Apr 19, 2016
Monday to sunday

1 Like

Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:38am On Apr 19, 2016
Veektoria:
Titus.. Lienus.. Romanus.. grin grin
U nd Anu*
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by Keepshining(f): 4:27am On Apr 19, 2016
Jelili Sanyeri Jenifa

1 Like

Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by mystiqueDZ(f): 5:02am On Apr 19, 2016
princesspinky:
hey that's my name and i love it,my mama gave that name obumneke 4 a reason.
oh dear...no offence grin grin
Lovely lovely name!! tongue
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by mystiqueDZ(f): 5:05am On Apr 19, 2016
mifavour:

AMUKA
This is even the worst but it's usually surnames...
Teased a friend of mine to pieces! grin
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by mystiqueDZ(f): 5:05am On Apr 19, 2016
Rexhenrex:
lmao...explain why u are against the first name?
tongue tongue
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by mystiqueDZ(f): 5:06am On Apr 19, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
u haf kee me.. angry angry

AmUobi= Prick-Heart

Obumneke= Na Me Dey Create

U haf kee me
smiley smiley
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by techie(m): 5:19am On Apr 19, 2016
Gorimapa
Amebo

1 Like

Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by glossy6(f): 5:25am On Apr 19, 2016
Olaniyi = A wasteful person
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by Ahasuerus2(m): 5:57am On Apr 19, 2016
youngest85:
what is the meaning?
No idea, man
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by Veektoria(f): 6:06am On Apr 19, 2016
Eaa247:

U nd Anu*
tongue
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by paechocs(m): 6:18am On Apr 19, 2016
musa aboki adamu

1 Like

Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by paechocs(m): 6:19am On Apr 19, 2016
musa abokis adamu
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by Rexhenrex(m): 7:00am On Apr 19, 2016
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by abumaryam012(m): 7:46am On Apr 19, 2016
Jonathan
Ebele
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by glossy6(f): 9:05am On Apr 19, 2016
HateU2:
I don't wanna mention names ooo but erm erm 'chidioke' is always funny to me.
It's ibo name but means another thing in yoruba grin

It is Chijioke and not Chidioke

Amaobi and not Amuobi

Amaobi means no one can decipher the heart of men and it is a very good name

Obumneke is equally good as no man can create a being except God. I love that name
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by Gboliwe: 9:18am On Apr 19, 2016
HateU2:
I don't wanna mention names ooo but erm erm 'chidioke' is always funny to me.
It's ibo name but means another thing in yoruba grin

There's no Igbo name as "chidioke" none!

But there's a Yoruba name that is a curse in Igbo "Olaniyi"
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 19, 2016
Gboliwe:

There's no Igbo name as "chidioke" none!

But there's a Yoruba name that is a curse in Igbo "Olaniyi"
I have been corrected omo ibo cheesy

Erm erm
Olaniyi means wealth is valuable in yoruba o.
What does it mean in ibo. Lemme learn nah
Who knows? I might get married to an ibo guy,
I can speak small ibo thou
Like 'Anam bia'
'Abialamu' e.t.c
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by hob(m): 9:24am On Apr 19, 2016
Kashamu

1 Like

Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by ezychris(m): 9:26am On Apr 19, 2016
Remigius cheesy cheesy
Boniface cheesy cheesy

SPARTACUS! Your neighbor's female children are gone! grin grin
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by Gboliwe: 9:35am On Apr 19, 2016
HateU2:
I have been corrected omo ibo cheesy

Erm erm
Olaniyi means wealth is valuable in yoruba o.
What does it mean in ibo. Lemme learn nah
Who knows? I might get married to an ibo guy,
I can speak small ibo thou
Like 'Anam bia'
'Abialamu' e.t.c

Yea, its a beautiful name in Yoruba but it means "headed for destruction", "meant to be spoilt"

And its "omo Igbo" grin
Re: 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 19, 2016
Gboliwe:

Yea, its a beautiful name in Yoruba but it means "headed for destruction", "meant to be spoilt"

And its "omo Igbo" grin
lol cheesy cheesy

I see now ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Who Felt She Is Too Pretty Recalls How It Almost Destroyed Her Marriage / Priscilla Emasoga Buys 2 Cars For Her Parents (Pictures) / Nigerian Lady Advises Married Men To Have Regular Sex With Wives To Stop Nagging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.