Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court (39506 Views)

"Saraki Will Reduce Your Punishment If You Apologise" - Melaye Tells Ndume / Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose / CCT Trial: 5 Punishments Saraki Will Face If Found Guilty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by dunkem21(m): 8:25pm On Apr 18, 2016
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by nwadiuko1(m): 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2016
greenify:
Pls i will beg everyone on this forum to stop commenting on this guy post. Avoid d guy post as if he is not existing. We are only allowing him to spread his wings.
so there shouldn't be a dissenting political view again?
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Chikpat(m): 8:28pm On Apr 18, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Someone opens a thread calling a very senior national judicial officer "the useless Danladi Umar of the CCT" in the first line and Seun, Lalasticlala or Lalasticlara pops it on the front page! Ok o.

You r ryt bro
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by rusher14: 8:29pm On Apr 18, 2016
chukwudi44:
3 pages and yet no one is able to offer a legal rebuttal to my write-up!! This is amazing!!! All I see is market women tantrums all over the place.If you want the EFCC,CCB etc to fight corruption simply ask them to do their groundwork very well.The CCB did not do theirs and will definitely lose out at the supreme court.It dosent matter what anyone of you thinks,the letters of the law will be strictl interpreted in deciding this case

[b]The 1999 Act does not require invitation.

"noted that the CCB/T Act was enacted in 1989 as Decree No. 1 of 1989 and that the Act and Section 3(d) thereof were patterned after the 1979 Constitution, which in Paragraph 15(1)(d) of Part 1 of the 5the Schedule to the 1979 Constitution.
The CCB noted that the effect of Paragraph 15(1)(d) of Part 1 of the 5the Schedule to the 1979 Constitution is that once a public officer, who contravened any provision of the Code of Conduct is invited and he/she makes a written statement, admitting the contravention, the CCB would be incapacitated and would not be able to try such public officer or refer the case to the CCT.
“This provision of the 1979 Constitution was however adopted in Section 3(d) of the CCB/T Act when the CCB and CCT were established in 1989. This absurd situation led to the failure of the CCB and CCT under the 1979 Constitution.
“This deficiency has however been corrected in the 1999 Constitution, with the deletion of the provision, in the 1979 Constitution and the Code of Conduct Decree N. 1 of 1989, to the effect that once a written admission is made by the erring public officer, no reference should be made to the tribunal.
“Paragraph 3(e) of Part 1 of the 3rd Schedule to the 1999 Constitution provides that: ‘The Bureau (CCB) shall have power to…receive complaints about non-compliance or breach of the provisions of the Code of Conduct or any law in relation thereto, investigate the complaint and, where appropriate, refer such matters to the CCT.’
“Under the 1999 Constitution, the CCB needs not request the erring public officer to either admit or deny the allegation of breach of the Code of Conduct,” CCB said,
It argued that in view of the provision of Section 1(3) of the 1999 Constitution, the provision of Section 3(d) of the CCB/T Act, which was Decree No. 1 of 1989 cannot override the clear provisions of Paragraph 3(e) of Part 1 of the 3rd Schedule to the 1999 Constitution.
[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Kiakia(m): 8:30pm On Apr 18, 2016
I thought the dude who posted this gibbrish was about to take us on a legal journey on how his master will meander through the legal web to be in the clear but I was disappointed after reading the first line of his meaningless post. Even if his pay master wll eventually get reprieve at the apex court, he will still be in prison custody serving the sentence of the tribunal should he be convicted of the offences he is charged with. Either way, it is a no win situation for Saraki.

2 Likes

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by dunkem21(m): 8:32pm On Apr 18, 2016
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by PFRB: 8:33pm On Apr 18, 2016
chukwudi44:

No dear he will never resign but will rather sit out and fight out to the supreme court.The CCT struck it out but I assure up it will not be the same at the supreme court. This fact was even alluded by a CCB member in my earlier thread here https://www.nairaland.com/2633889/saraki-ccb-member-says-chairman

It is a constitutional matter. Sovthe supreme court must make a pronouncment on it. Win or lose Saraki is actually playing a big role in our political development
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by abbey621(m): 8:37pm On Apr 18, 2016
chukwudi44:

Buhari would have wished he was in a banana republic where he would have the powers to do as he likes unfortunately for him we are in Nigeria a country governed by laws

The bold part cracks me up mehn grin grin grin grin grin talk about irony grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by PFRB: 8:37pm On Apr 18, 2016
rusher14:

"noted that the CCB/T Act was enacted in 1989 as Decree No. 1 of 1989 and that the Act and Section 3(d) thereof were patterned after the 1979 Constitution, which in Paragraph 15(1)(d) of Part 1 of the 5the Schedule to the 1979 Constitution.
The CCB noted that the effect of Paragraph 15(1)(d) of Part 1 of the 5the Schedule to the 1979 Constitution is that once a public officer, who contravened any provision of the Code of Conduct is invited and he/she makes a written statement, admitting the contravention, the CCB would be incapacitated and would not be able to try such public officer or refer the case to the CCT.
“This provision of the 1979 Constitution was however adopted in Section 3(d) of the CCB/T Act when the CCB and CCT were established in 1989. This absurd situation led to the failure of the CCB and CCT under the 1979 Constitution.
“This deficiency has however been corrected in the 1999 Constitution, with the deletion of the provision, in the 1979 Constitution and the Code of Conduct Decree N. 1 of 1989, to the effect that once a written admission is made by the erring public officer, no reference should be made to the tribunal.
“Paragraph 3(e) of Part 1 of the 3rd Schedule to the 1999 Constitution provides that: ‘The Bureau (CCB) shall have power to…receive complaints about non-compliance or breach of the provisions of the Code of Conduct or any law in relation thereto, investigate the complaint and, where appropriate, refer such matters to the CCT.’
“Under the 1999 Constitution, the CCB needs not request the erring public officer to either admit or deny the allegation of breach of the Code of Conduct,” CCB said,
It argued that in view of the provision of Section 1(3) of the 1999 Constitution, the provision of Section 3(d) of the CCB/T Act, which was Decree No. 1 of 1989 cannot override the clear provisions of Paragraph 3(e) of Part 1 of the 3rd Schedule to the 1999 Constitution.
[/b]

What are quoting?
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by dunkem21(m): 8:40pm On Apr 18, 2016
rusher14:

[/b]

The only sensible comment here ..

The last paragraph though grin

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by gretblue: 8:40pm On Apr 18, 2016
Pa Chukwudi how much of the loot did Saraki promise you in return if he wins this trial?Even when my friend from Ilorin is happy that justice is closing up on Saraki but you Abobaku is romancing Saraki both on line and off line.

2 Likes

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by prof12(m): 8:42pm On Apr 18, 2016
There is a proverb that says"if you show a piece of shit that you noticed its presence, then its smell will surely disturb you".
So, to all well meaning nairalanders and Nigerians do away with certified nuts like chukwudi and all the wailers.

3 Likes

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by erico2k2(m): 8:43pm On Apr 18, 2016
Jhappy:
We all want an independent senate, but not one headed by an unscrupulous looter! Why can't u get it? The head of any house will alws dictate d principles upon which d house is run! Look at how him and his hicks are buying jeeps at twice their price! Just take a look at how they re removing projects tyhat re suppose to benefit Nigerians from d budget for their own selfish interest! We will not suport a Senate that wants to be independent for its own selfish and unscrupulous reasons!
my dear all well said but come election time, you will still see our youths killing themselves for these thieves to win, kai God punish poverty uncountable times.

2 Likes

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by suasmablow(m): 8:43pm On Apr 18, 2016
"But how these portion of the act is interpreted by the supreme court is what will finally decide the case"?
And u have already given the Supreme Court Judgement in favour of Saraki from now?
Hahahahahahaha, even Saraki knows that He is guilty.
Only the FG can save Saraki by withdrawing her case against Him.
However, I'm sorry for the FG under Buhari, because the much expectations of Nigerians from Him won't allow Him to contemplate doing that, as that will amount to failing and disappointing Nigerians. And I am sure Buhari won't take the lone path of pleasing a Saraki to displease millions of other Nigerians.
The CCT and the generality of our courts that would have maybe twisted the laws by looking for loopholes to favour Saraki have so far disappointed him by choosing to do the right thing in this era of change. Saraki has so far visited the High court, appeal court and supreme court, all affirming the continuation of His trial,even after the CCT's judgement, I don't see these courts saying otherwise.
Perhaps Saraki has always insisted that He is innocent, So let him kindly prove His sainthood and innocence. And stop any further desperate attempts to amend our laws to suit Him.
Nigeria isn't a Saraki Dynasty
So let the law take its course

3 Likes

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Ahmeduana(m): 8:47pm On Apr 18, 2016
MabraO:

Gradually sanity would be restored in d judiciary
SANITY WILL RETURN? OR THEY WILL BE REPLACE WITH RUBBER STAMP OBEDIENT MEGA SUPER CORRUPT JUDGES?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Deen77: 8:50pm On Apr 18, 2016
chukwudi44:

Bros surprisingly I am neither!!! I am just a Nigerian fighting for the independence of the legislative arm of Government!!! We cannot afford to have a rubber stamp senate in this dispensation

Do you want a corrupt Senate president?.

Do You know why I like this government, Buhari Osinbajo are better than any past Governor or senators who want to be president, we are trying a new hand. Yes there followers are not better, but when the head of a family is good (not saint) the children will behave.

3 Likes

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Abudu2000(m): 8:53pm On Apr 18, 2016
grin grin
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by gateleo(m): 8:57pm On Apr 18, 2016
Why will this write up make front page? The mod that move this topic to fp should be sanction. Nonsense
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Barywhyte(m): 9:05pm On Apr 18, 2016
chukwudi44:
It is already obvious that Danladi Umar of the CCT is biased so I am not expecting any sensible judgement from him,he can as well deliver his Tinubu written judgment tomorrow for all I care.Unfortunateley for him and his paymasters, this case would still be adjudicated up to the supreme court before it is rested.

The main thrust of my argument which I am sure the supreme court will interpret very well is section 3(d) of the CCT act which was not complied by the CCB before rushing to the kangaroo tribunal

the sction stipulates;

Section 3(d) of the CCB Act states that: “The functions of the Bureau shall be ….to receive complaints about non-compliance with or breach of this Act and where the Bureau considers it necessary to do so, refer such complaints to the Code of Conduct Tribunal established by Section 20 of this Act in accordance with Section 20 to 25 of this Act.

Provided that where the person concerned makes a written admission of such breach or non-compliance, no reference to the Tribunal shall be necessary.”

The CCB was supposed to get back to Saraki and reconfirm the declarations stated in his form. This was the same premise upon which Tinubu was freed.Danladi umar obviously acting out a script by his paymasters have already overruled himself on the Tinubu Judgement.But how these portion of the act is interpreted by the supreme court is what will finally decide the case

Fool's analysis.

2 Likes

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by dammytosh: 9:16pm On Apr 18, 2016
Guess he paid for front page to test saraki's popularity.

Mr Shukuudi. Forget it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 18, 2016
Kiakia:
I thought the dude who posted this gibbrish was about to take us on a legal journey on how his master will meander through the legal web to be in the clear but I was disappointed after reading the first line of his meaningless post. Even if his pay master wll eventually get reprieve at the apex court, he will still be in prison custody serving the sentence of the tribunal should he be convicted of the offences he is charged with. Either way, it is a no win situation for Saraki.

The CCT has no powers to send anyone to jail dear!! Irrespective of what the biased CCT judge rules,Saraki will remain in power and appeal the judgement.

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by dyydxx: 9:35pm On Apr 18, 2016
chukwudi44:

The CCT has no powers to send anyone to jail dear!! Irrespective of what the biased CCT judge rules,Saraki will remain in power and appeal the judgement.

you are simply incorrigible. So CCT can't send to jail? smh

so what can he do?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by SaiBuharii: 9:37pm On Apr 18, 2016
garfield16:

One willing to sell his soul to the highest bidder, an allrightsir or an abobaku. one with no moral compass who tries to use technicalities to justifiy immoral behavior is known as a chuwkudi44

Your mother warned you about chuwkudi44s, dont be a chuwkudi44!

***Faints Lmao*** I didn't mean this level of harm***
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Ndolarr: 9:39pm On Apr 18, 2016
Those supporting 'common thief' Saraki are simply animals incapable of rational thinking! They are shameless and so, not fit to dwell in a decent society!! They are part of the reasons Nigeria is backward. They deserve to be stone or amputated or castrated as per sharia code!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Ayomivic(m): 9:39pm On Apr 18, 2016
chukwudi44:
It is already obvious that Danladi Umar of the CCT is biased so I am not expecting any sensible judgement from him,he can as well deliver his Tinubu written judgment tomorrow for all I care.Unfortunateley for him and his paymasters, this case would still be adjudicated up to the supreme court before it is rested.

The main thrust of my argument which I am sure the supreme court will interpret very well is section 3(d) of the CCT act which was not complied by the CCB before rushing to the kangaroo tribunal

the sction stipulates;

Section 3(d) of the CCB Act states that: “The functions of the Bureau shall be ….to receive complaints about non-compliance with or breach of this Act and where the Bureau considers it necessary to do so, refer such complaints to the Code of Conduct Tribunal established by Section 20 of this Act in accordance with Section 20 to 25 of this Act.

Provided that where the person concerned makes a written admission of such breach or non-compliance, no reference to the Tribunal shall be necessary.”

The CCB was supposed to get back to Saraki and reconfirm the declarations stated in his form. This was the same premise upon which Tinubu was freed.Danladi umar obviously acting out a script by his paymasters have already overruled himself on the Tinubu Judgement.But how these portion of the act is interpreted by the supreme court is what will finally decide the case

this matter had been settled, let your leader defend himself on the accusations leved against him.

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2016
Ayomivic:

this matter had been settled, let your leader defend himself on the accusations leved against him.

Settled by who exactly? Does the trial no end at the CCT? They will be no basis for thiis trial if the higher courts rule against the CCB
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by TANTUMERGO007(m): 9:48pm On Apr 18, 2016
PassingShot:
[s][/s]
Trashy trash!
what is trashy trash?
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by rusher14: 9:55pm On Apr 18, 2016
chukwudi44:

Settled by who exactly? Does the trial no end at the CCT? They will be no basis for thiis trial if the higher courts rule against the CCB

You've seen my contribution.

Any contrary view?
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by Fickie(m): 10:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
989900:
Abobaku1
Hehe Abobaku 1,stobborn fly shall follow the corpse to the grave

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by menxer: 10:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
Ministers in other countries are resigning their positions for being mentioned in the "Panama papers" and we are here advocating maneuvering judgment based on technicalities; a technicality that was corrected in an updated version of the constitution.

what would it profit Nigeria to repeat the Tinubu mistake? A mistake that would haunt our Judiciary for a long time.

Playing the devils advocate is never in national interest.
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by luvinhubby(m): 10:10pm On Apr 18, 2016
garfield16:

Anybody with a tag line aka personal text in his profile that states " Buhari is so dull that even after he forged WAEC certificate,he still gave himself F9" is not someone coming to an argument from a position of objectivity.

Someone who goes as far as top put Akpabio and Wike as his profile picture is obviously someone who glorifies looting and thuggery in our politics. Don't get me wrong there are bad elements on both sides of our politics but if you are the sort of person that puts people like these on a pedestal, I don't have time to engage you. He can discuss his points with himself. We need less of these people in our politics not raising them on a pedestal.

I only wish we were in a military era so that his paymasters (both in APC and PDP) can be locked up and waterboarded before facing a firing squad on bar beach.

You keep getting it wrong over & over again.

That he supports a particular party or politician is purely his personal choice which he is entitled to irrespective of your perception of such persons or political party. If thorough scrutiny is embarked upon, i am sure some negatives will still be found in the your own personal choice of politician or party but the bottomline is that he raised in his own opinion constitutional matters that was not adhered to by the CCB before the trial & you can only argue contitutional matters finally in the supreme court and he is asking the forum to present superior constitutional points that can over ride the ones he raised.
Re: Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court by lastpage: 10:11pm On Apr 18, 2016
chukwudi44:

the sction stipulates;

The CCB was supposed to get back to Saraki and reconfirm the declarations stated in his form
. This was the same premise upon which Tinubu was freed.Danladi umar obviously acting out a script by his paymasters have already overruled himself on the Tinubu Judgement.But how these portion of the act is interpreted by the supreme court is what will finally decide the case

Let us suppose you are correct, right and know what yo are saying. Let me give you the benefit of doubt.

Now, pay attention to the part l have high-lighted in RED..... in your own words!

In summary:
1.) IFF ......... person concerned makes a written admission of such breach or non-compliance, no reference to the Tribunal shall be necessary.”

From the above, if the "person concerned" (Saraki) makes such written admission by saying "I made a mistake in my form, please l will like to amend it". That alone would prove that it was a genuine mistake! This is similar to "the principle of self admission of guilt", to mitigate sentence.

2.) The false asset declaration was made since 2007 and 2011 when he was Governor of Kwara State. That is FIVE YEARS ago!.
So, since it was his duty and responsibility (If truly it was a mistake or oversight) to COME CLEAN and write the Commission to say "I made a mistake in my form", ........ SARAKI FAILED TO MAKE USE OF SUCH OPPORTUNITY THE LAW AFFORDS A GENUINE MISTAKE OR OVERSIGHT.

3.) Any Judge will know that 5 - 8years is more than enough to know and realize if you made a mistake in your Asset declaration form.... and correct it ASAP. It is not the job of the Bureau to "detect" a fraudulent claim, after many years of investigation (while the person who made the claim is busy hiding it more and more) to call the accuse to come and amend it.
Confessing a mistake and immediately amending it, is Saraki's prerogative. He chose otherwise. undecided undecided

4.) Saraki has made more than one Asset declaration after those "cooked ones"...... he still continue to FALSELY DECLARE HIS ASSETS on subsequent forms! shocked
Once could be construed as a mistake, but twice, thrice..... is a criminal and calculated attempt to hide assets.

5.) No reference will be made to the tribunal if and only if, the accused BY HIMSELF realized his error and corrected it......... NOT AFTER HE IS CAUGHT PANTS DOWN! grin grin This is where your argument FAILS WOEFULLY

6.) Finally, further evidence has recently even come to light, via the PANAMA PAPERS, that Saraki did not just falsely declare his assets in Nigeria but that he has so many other Assets hidden and spirited-away like a Squirrel, in foreign lands.... without also declaring them.
Some are even hidden wit his wife's name!

He is even trying to amend the same law, under which he is being tried in the CCBT! Can you imagine the effrontery of this criminal called Saraki?

So, on the "balance of ALL EVIDENCE", it is clear that Saraki did not make "a mistake" but his was a conscious act to deceive, deflect and genuflect, in the hope that he would never be detected.

You dont repent ...only after being caught in the act..... otherwise all Armed Robbers, Kidnappers and ritual killers "will claim repentance" when about to be sentenced to Prison!
grin grin

Supreme Court judges are not as unintelligent as you are making them to be..... except you are referring to that particular Judge who is under the influence of filthy lucre from the likes of Saraki and his "fixers". undecided undecided

Lastpage!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

You Acted Like An Errand Boy: Court Dismisses Keyamo's SPV Suit Against Atiku / Rain Destroys Canopies Of Ekiti APC Primaries Election (Photos) / Buhari To Unveil $70m Oshodi Transport Interchange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.