Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading (31738 Views)

Guys: Work Hard And Be Comfortable Before Having A Serious Relationship. / Should A Married Woman Seek Her Husband's Consent Before She Cuts Her Hair???? / Sexual Consent Form That Went Berserk On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by mysticgal(f): 12:28am On Apr 19, 2016
Medley:

kk. Good to know and i feel relieved. I'm being careful not to be pioneering the wrong ideas we are being fed with this time in age, it portends seeing women to always be for sex.
Yes you are right
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by noucompact(m): 12:30am On Apr 19, 2016
ACURATE TALK
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Medley(m): 12:30am On Apr 19, 2016
MarieSucre:
trash

trash? Like, bin trash? Or is it the style of writing or the points raised, do you have the luxury of time to elucidiate?
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:31am On Apr 19, 2016
Medley:
If you don't seek the consent of anyone before trying to sleep with him/her you may find yourself battling a case of sexual assault when this was done unconsciously - one of you was not consenting. Or you may even be embarrassed if he/she is still weighing options or path to be taking in the relationship.

Relying on signs has been major reason why rape cases are growing by the day.

Not only consent. Maybe na agreement we go dey sign soon.

And a point of correction: rape cases are not growing by the day.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by ghostwritter(m): 12:34am On Apr 19, 2016
Medley:

why are you generalizing? Are you trying to tell me that you've not met a Nigerian lady that will tell you what she wants and how she want whatever in a relationship?
NO I haven't coz I av only loved one lady who is not a feminist and does not act like a man in a relationship.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by HARDDON: 12:35am On Apr 19, 2016
It seems some strange laws caught up with Op after reading his signs wrongly now he preaching against dah.

Op, tell us d story jor! How many years did u do?

Cos u just typed some heavy beating induced trepidation.

The best book to reading a woman's mind, is tru her signals n body language whether u r a husby or bf! U have to learn n perfect the skills because even after giving off d signal, u still have to apply wisdom on How best to narrow in

To fail in this is to constantly have rolls wit her.

Op, How do we know what they r saying when their No cud mean Yes but u have to try harder?

Their Yes cud mean Maybe n their maybe cud mean No?
How do u deal in dis illogical lane? Huh?
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Bloggz74(m): 12:35am On Apr 19, 2016
thesicilian:
Signs can be very misleading. Its better to be called a ''Jew'' or ''mugu'' than to betray someone's trust, or worse still, battle cases of sexual assault.
Even consent itself is not a guarantee, not to talk of going without it. A lady who has given you consent may turn round days, weeks or even years later and say she was forced.

Boss so which do we believe?
Maybe angels sent by God will speak to us before we move.
#moreconfusedafterthetrash
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by MarieSucre(f): 12:36am On Apr 19, 2016
lexy070:
1. Why be say na when rain dey fall u call... Weather for 2.
2. Why be say u wan high for guy house, afta dey go talk say na rape... Bar dey dere ooo.
3. If dey guy wan do am, he sabi arrange 4 space wit hin guys.
4. Hmmm, dat 1 pass my power ooo...
5. Pls wear moderate cloths, don't let junior stand at attention ooo.

Number 1 is utmost rubbish. So if a guy comes to my house whether it is christian brother or course mate, I should just prepare to sex him.

Number 2 is another balderdash. Except you're saying no girl should trust any guy at all, including you. And you're proud that men have such bad image as to be untrustworthy.

Number 3 I don't understand what you mean here.

Number 4 you did not explain.

Number 5 is quite reasonable. Especially for the woman. I believe in dressing for comfort. But who is to say what will make junior stand attention. Should I now wear niqab because junior will fly into a tantrum? Would it not be better to completely avoid such an irresponsible fellow who can't put his junior under control?
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by MarieSucre(f): 12:37am On Apr 19, 2016
Medley:

trash? Like, bin trash? Or is it the style of writing or the points raised, do you have the luxury of time to elucidiate?
I have edited it. Sorry about the misconception. pls recheck.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by oshaosha2014(m): 12:40am On Apr 19, 2016
It is obvious the Op is looking for validation of women, whereas you and I and the Op and the women know that, if you don't wanna have sex, show no signs.

Op is a twisted fellow. Telling guys to ask for consent when we all know naija galz are not verbal with sex request, they only show signs.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by ghostwritter(m): 12:42am On Apr 19, 2016
Vinshu:

I understand that ladies you have encountered have treated you in an unfair manner in regard to your finances

Sorry.
sorry sey wetin?
The last lady (Anita) that tried that rubbish with me was crush by a tipper a week to her wedding...me I no be Ajebutter, I be real omo Alfa with swaggz. No babe will ever cheat me and get away with it...éwö!!
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by HARDDON: 12:43am On Apr 19, 2016
MarieSucre:

Number 1 is utmost rubbish. So if a guy comes to my house whether it is christian brother or course mate, I should just prepare to sex him.

Number 2 is another balderdash. Except you're saying no girl should trust any guy at all, including you. And you're proud that men have such bad image as to be untrustworthy.

1 got no ish.....

But I got a Q bout two for u: what is major reason that makes ladies down booze? LAdies that otherwise wud do koke?
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by MarieSucre(f): 12:45am On Apr 19, 2016
HARDDON:

1 got no ish.....

But I got a Q bout two for u: what is major reason that makes ladies down booze? LAdies that otherwise wud do koke?

The same reason men take down booze. Coz its liquid happiness.

Now I want yo add and its very important to note that a lot women who take coke might do so because they don't trust the company of the men they're hanging with. And alcohol impairs a persons judgement.
What is totally disgusting about this is how our society normalizes such a situation and even lauds it. If a woman says you're an untrustworthy fellow to be around. Is that a compliment? Is that supposed to be a good thing?

Now I want yo add and its very important to note that a lot women who take coke might do so because they don't trust the company of the men they're hanging with. And alcohol impairs a persons judgement.
What is totally disgusting about this is how our society normalizes such a situation and even lauds it. If a woman says you're an untrustworthy fellow to be around

Of someone tells a man, "I can't keep this money around you. You might want to steal it one day". Will the man say "its true o, don't try it out. You know we men, we think with our hands not our brains". "Once I'm stealing even my brain cannot force me to stop". Then when they catch him and they've beaten him bloody and put tire around his neck and ate about to burn him to death_ he will now be shouting to the crowd "HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER THAN TO KEEP THE MONEY NEAR ME!! WHY DIDN'T HE SHOW ME SIGN THAT HE DID NOT WANT ME TAKE THE MONEY!! IF I HAD TOLD MY FRIENDS I DIDN'T TAKE THE MONEY THEY WOULD HAVE CALLED ME A FIRST CLASS MUMU!!

Don't you see how silly they sound no
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Medley(m): 12:45am On Apr 19, 2016
BuddhaPalm:

Not only consent. Maybe na agreement we go dey sign soon.

And a point of correction: rape cases are not growing by the day.

I think i understand what you are aiming at. The word may not sound well in your lexicon, but what still stands is that people are raped because of signs being misconstrued and this cases seem to be increasing.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by HARDDON: 12:46am On Apr 19, 2016
oshaosha2014:
It is obvious the Op is looking for validation of women, whereas you and I and the Op and the women know that, if you don't wanna have sex, show no signs.

Op is a twisted fellow. Telling guys to ask for consent when we all know naija galz are not verbal with sex request, they only show signs.

Wat do u expect from someone that has done time?

Seeking permission is a wussbag act only pulled off by pseudo nice guys n dey dont ever get laid
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by HARDDON: 12:48am On Apr 19, 2016
MarieSucre:

Owh common Merry Marie! U can do better
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Medley(m): 12:49am On Apr 19, 2016
oshaosha2014:

I get your point. We all are opinionated and we should do that without smear campaigns. Just be careful with reading signs and gestures.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Medley(m): 12:51am On Apr 19, 2016
MarieSucre:
I have edited it. Sorry about the misconception. pls recheck.

yup! Have gotten the update.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by MarieSucre(f): 12:57am On Apr 19, 2016
HARDDON:

Owh common Merry Marie! U can do better

What do you mean I can do better? Do some men not decide to take a different drink on some occasions? Why do women have to have an ulterior motive to do that? Is everything fvck-sign to you guys?
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Medley(m): 1:00am On Apr 19, 2016
HARDDON:
It seems some strange laws caught up with Op after reading his signs wrongly now he preaching against dah.

Op, tell us d story jor! How many years did u do?

Cos u just typed some heavy beating induced trepidation.

The best book to reading a woman's mind, is tru her signals n body language whether u r a husby or bf! U have to learn n perfect the skills because even after giving off d signal, u still have to apply wisdom on How best to narrow in

To fail in this is to constantly have rolls wit her.

Op, How do we know what they r saying when their No cud mean Yes but u have to try harder?

Their Yes cud mean Maybe n their maybe cud mean No?
How do u deal in dis illogical lane? Huh?

one may not necessarily experience bad ordeal before giving out advice. If you read through the piece, you would see that i talked about understanding the stage both partners are in the relationship.

You also brought up understanding signs as married men and women, have you heard of a woman/man saying he/she was raped by the other? In this thread we are talking of unmarried partners. I don't even support sex outside marriage.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by olaremint(m): 1:40am On Apr 19, 2016
Nigerians have suffered, it is only here that guyz study babes like u are going on Gulder Ultimate search, try abroad and the girls will laugh @ u with the cave man mentality, this is to say thanks to Bella in cotonou for showing how the world is easy.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:48am On Apr 19, 2016
Medley:

I think i understand what you are aiming at. The word may not sound well in your lexicon, but what still stands is that people are raped because of signs being misconstrued and this cases seem to be increasing.

You can't rape a woman without excessive force or intimidation.

Unless one is socially retàrded or suffers from Asperger's, there's no "misconstruing" a girl who doesn't want to have sex with you.

Your write up appears well intentioned, on the surface, but on closer inspection it is pushing very dangerous ideas.

Ideas that:

1.) Women have no agency, and are not accountable for their actions.
2.) Men are monsters who are always out to rape women.

If your intent is followed to its logical conclusion, then we'll soon have ridiculous scenarios where women can retroactively withdraw consent (out of buyer's remorse), and have guys suffer for it.

A society in which women can wield false rape accusations like a bludgeon - without consequences - is not one you would want to live in.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by itstpia8: 1:54am On Apr 19, 2016
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by samx4real(m): 3:09am On Apr 19, 2016
BE811APP:
Dis is like d 3rd or 4th tread about d signs/signals about sex..

Is there no better topic to talk about.. Just sex sex sex shocked shocked shocked

Btwn, If u have a steady relationship.. do u really need all dis signs and signals..
when is supposed to flow..

Lots of kids on NL sha angry

No be lie
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Nobody: 3:44am On Apr 19, 2016
#hips don't lie #action speaks louder than voice!
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by TheProphetess(f): 4:59am On Apr 19, 2016
hobermener:
After taking you on a shopping spree, and spending my hard earned cash on you, you still expect me to seek your consent before smashing the punna
Op abeg shift before I slap you angry

So you will rape her ?
Wait first lemme call police officer
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by cevek11: 5:01am On Apr 19, 2016
hobermener:
After taking you on a shopping spree, and spending my hard earned cash on you, you still expect me to seek your consent before smashing the punna
Op abeg shift before I slap you angry

Don't know whether to type... no sense or nonsense? If you spend your hard earned money on your mother, or brothers, or sisters, or father, or your fellow guys nko? Smash their *****
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by henryhemon(m): 5:27am On Apr 19, 2016
Vinshu:
Very true.

Guys think all the time a lady wànts to have sex.

Not all the time but most times.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Decryptor(m): 5:41am On Apr 19, 2016
what a very useless post! undecided
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by franugo(m): 5:55am On Apr 19, 2016
thesicilian:
Signs can be very misleading. Its better to be called a ''Jew'' or ''mugu'' than to betray someone's trust, or worse still, battle cases of sexual assault.
Even consent itself is not a guarantee, not to talk of going without it. A lady who has given you consent may turn round days, weeks or even years later and say she was forced.

so true bro. there was this girl whom i had a crush on{she knew i liked her n i think she liked me 2} dt sometimes slept in my room. everytime she comes wearing very tight bumshort. she 'lets' me touch her boobs n all but when i try to get her to lift a lil so i could pull down d bloody bumshort, she pretends to be fast n deeply asleepcry who falls into a deep sleep barely 5 mins after a conversation n i dnt think its shyness, me i just kukuma let sleeping dogs lie ko,..life's too short to be wasted differentiating green signals from d rainbow colourcry

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by franugo(m): 5:59am On Apr 19, 2016
Vinshu:
Very true.

Guys think all the time a lady wànts to have sex.

If dts really u on ur dp, then i dnt blame the guys dt much, u exude sex appeal in drovesshocked
Nwanyi omacheesy
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by franugo(m): 6:02am On Apr 19, 2016
ziggy3579:
Naa so so sex talk dis days, we wey be virgins nko grin

help us ask them gurus oocheesy how much be d membership card 4 our klub again sefgrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Temmie Ovwasa: I Don't Want To Have A Child Because Of Hererophobia (Video) / If A Girl Asks For Your Age ....what Does It Mean / Nigerian Couple Who Met On Twitter Are Engaged (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.