Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,745 members, 7,802,278 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Youtube Views And Downloads Are Not Yardstick For A Good Song. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Youtube Views And Downloads Are Not Yardstick For A Good Song. (2076 Views)

Davido's Song "Assurance" Featuring Chioma, Hits 1 Million Views In 24 Hours / Hushpuppi Shows Off At The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, Gucci, Directors' Views More / P'square’s ‘Bank Alert’ Video Gets Over A Million Youtube Views In 5 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youtube Views And Downloads Are Not Yardstick For A Good Song. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2016
How can people judge the quality of a song by the youtube views and downloads from sites ? This is a very wrong way to determine the quality of a song..

When HKn act,Davido stated that his 100 million youtube views saved him from the police in atlanta, i kept wondering what would have happened if timi dakolo was the one in the same situation ?

Should we say because Davido has more youtube views and downloads than timi dakolo, he then does good music more than timi ?

Should we say because VIc O songs has more youtube views than GT the guitarman ,then he is more talented.

The likes of bez,boogey,Praiz,mode 9 and others dont they do good music,,,, how many downloads and youtube views do they have?

The downloads a song get or views a video get or even acceptance a song gets is never, ever a yardstick to claim a song is good..

And for those who dont know, youtube figures and download figures can be bought and manipulated.

A video can have up to a whooping 200 thousand fake views..... Bought views, spamming and many more method use

.. I still remain on the fact that the fact that a song made a million views or 2 billion does not make the song to be a good song, rather it signifies the song is merely a commercial success especially in nigeria where our hypocrisy is alarming..

2 Likes

Re: Youtube Views And Downloads Are Not Yardstick For A Good Song. by Nosnos(f): 7:53pm On Apr 18, 2016
Op good one. Have really thought about it, is it that we prefer lousy songs to good lyrics?
Re: Youtube Views And Downloads Are Not Yardstick For A Good Song. by doyinisaac(m): 11:00pm On Apr 18, 2016
The word "good song " is based on opinion of different people,a good song to you might be a useless song to someone else and a good song to someone else can be a nonsense song to you,each person with their own taste...to some people a good song is a song that makes them happy, to some people a good song is the nice beat they can dance to,to some people a good song is the song that reminds them of their past ,the list goes on and on...music videos by the Korean artiste called "psy"is among the top viewed videos on YouTube and some people think the song is good but to others like me I just find the video funny and the song has nice beat but the song is " dry"so yes leave davido alone...grin

1 Like

Re: Youtube Views And Downloads Are Not Yardstick For A Good Song. by STILESGANG: 11:15pm On Apr 18, 2016
Iamsynord or whatever you call yourself.I know this writeup was borne out hatred for davido's prodigy Mayorkun and his new jam eleko being the fastest Nigerian single to hit a million view(for a new act).Guess what!That song is already an hit.And there is nothing you can do to change that.

1 Like

Re: Youtube Views And Downloads Are Not Yardstick For A Good Song. by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 19, 2016
STILESGANG:
Iamsynord or whatever you call yourself.I know this writeup was borne out hatred for davido's prodigy Mayorkun and his new jam eleko being the fastest Nigerian single to hit a million view(for a new act).Guess what!That song is already an hit.And there is nothing you can do to change that.

lol, we done finish that chapter already.

Only an ignorant Person will say ELeko by mayourkun is not a hit.The song is already a mega hit everywhere...thats a fact.

But the point is Skaliey mental dadubule,zule zoo kerewa anf terryg free madness were all hits, does not make this songs good music..
Re: Youtube Views And Downloads Are Not Yardstick For A Good Song. by STILESGANG: 8:36am On Apr 19, 2016
Iamsynord:

lol, we done finish that chapter already.

Only an ignorant Person will say ELeko by mayourkun is not a hit.The song is already a mega hit everywhere...thats a fact.

But the point is Skaliey mental dadubule,zule zoo kerewa anf terryg free madness were all hits, does not make this songs good music..
Nigerians don't like lyrically rich songs so who am I to blame the artistes for giving the audience what they want
Re: Youtube Views And Downloads Are Not Yardstick For A Good Song. by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 19, 2016
STILESGANG:
Nigerians don't like lyrically rich songs so who am I to blame the artistes for giving the audience what they want

exactly boss,,, that was why i said his 2nd single dapada ft dremo will truely prove his worth...

That is how the nigerian industry operates.. Give the people what they want and still do good music.that is why i respect naetoc, mi and 9ice.

Myself as an artiste, i do more of commercial danceable songs .. Money must be made but person gats find a way to balance things up
Re: Youtube Views And Downloads Are Not Yardstick For A Good Song. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 19, 2016
Nosnos:
Op good one. Have really thought about it, is it that we prefer lousy songs to good lyrics?

Yes.. Loisy and danceable ...nigerians love it..
Re: Youtube Views And Downloads Are Not Yardstick For A Good Song. by DrChukzy(m): 7:52pm On Apr 19, 2016
Who are u to judge and differentiate btw bad & good music? If na FP u dey find, cum and get it.
Re: Youtube Views And Downloads Are Not Yardstick For A Good Song. by ClassCaptain(m): 3:34pm On Apr 20, 2016
Okay
Re: Youtube Views And Downloads Are Not Yardstick For A Good Song. by IamOpemipo(m): 3:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
grin grin
Re: Youtube Views And Downloads Are Not Yardstick For A Good Song. by LesbianBoy(m): 3:58pm On Apr 20, 2016
Iamsynord:
How can people judge the quality of a song by the youtube views and downloads from sites ? This is a very wrong way to determine the quality of a song..

When HKn act,Davido stated that his 100 million youtube views saved him from the police in atlanta, i kept wondering what would have happened if timi dakolo was the one in the same situation ?

Should we say because Davido has more youtube views and downloads than timi dakolo, he then does good music more than timi ?

Should we say because VIc O songs has more youtube views than GT the guitarman ,then he is more talented.

The likes of bez,boogey,Praiz,mode 9 and others dont they do good music,,,, how many downloads and youtube views do they have?

The downloads a song get or views a video get or even acceptance a song gets is never, ever a yardstick to claim a song is good..

And for those who dont know, youtube figures and download figures can be bought and manipulated.

A video can have up to a whooping 200 thousand fake views..... Bought views, spamming and many more method use

.. I still remain on the fact that the fact that a song made a million views or 2 billion does not make the song to be a good song, rather it signifies the song is merely a commercial success especially in nigeria where our hypocrisy is alarming..
undecided

Re: Youtube Views And Downloads Are Not Yardstick For A Good Song. by tpiah11: 4:03pm On Apr 20, 2016
Nigerians generally download audio files as opposed to actual youtube viewing, meaning they are more likely to listen to a song through other channels besides youtube.
Re: Youtube Views And Downloads Are Not Yardstick For A Good Song. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2016
tpiah11:
Nigerians generally download audio files as opposed to actual youtube viewing, meaning they are more likely to listen to a song through other channels besides youtube.

exactly.Even downloads a song gets do not matter.
Re: Youtube Views And Downloads Are Not Yardstick For A Good Song. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2016
Re: Youtube Views And Downloads Are Not Yardstick For A Good Song. by tpiah11: 4:46pm On Apr 20, 2016
Iamsynord:

exactly.Even downloads a song gets do not matter.

I mean Nigerians might not check youtube for songs as much as other places do.

Youtube stats are for international views, imo.

1 Like

Re: Youtube Views And Downloads Are Not Yardstick For A Good Song. by NRepublic: 11:31pm On Apr 30, 2016
tpiah11:

I mean Nigerians might not check youtube for songs as much as other places do.

Youtube stats are for international views, imo.

Probably because youtube works on a popularity algorithm. Millions of videos are uploaded everyday but get lost or forgotten if not viewed.

Here's a way to have video content for the Nigerian/African market to enjoy and not be forgotten
www.videonaija.tv

(1) (Reply)

Victoria Kimani Show Off Her New Hairstyle; Hit or Miss? / Meghan Markle Strips Unclad In Seductive Suits Sex Scene / Nigerian Man Breaks Protocol,Uses His Female Friend As Best Man At His Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.