Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,258 members, 7,780,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:35 PM

Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos (22517 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu Visits Ooni Of Ife In His Palace (Photos) / Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos / Ooni Ogunwusi And His Wife Wuraola At His Palace (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by dainformant(m): 6:18am On Apr 19, 2016
Students of the Ibadan Polytechnic in Oyo state -stopped by the Ile-Ife palace yesterday on a courtesy visit to the Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Babtunde Ogunwusi. The excited students who came in their numbers -prostrated as their sang praises to the delight of the monarch. See pictures from the visit.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/04/ibadan-students-prostrate-as-they-visit.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by dainformant(m): 6:18am On Apr 19, 2016
more

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by ChangeIsCostant: 6:19am On Apr 19, 2016
okay...dat is good

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by CastedDude: 6:20am On Apr 19, 2016
dat one dey

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by shakur4luv(m): 6:29am On Apr 19, 2016
see me se wahala u want make dem tell the king make him chop knuckle? my friend geraraheremhen

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by Mrbigman1(m): 6:37am On Apr 19, 2016
For just a mare man?

I keep wondering.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by Femolacaster(m): 6:46am On Apr 19, 2016
Mrbigman1:
For just a mare man?

I keep wondering.
what do you mean? They should have greeted the king by shaking him shey? We Yorubas are not like ndi nyamiris, we always respect our kings. Ighotago?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by Mrbigman1(m): 6:49am On Apr 19, 2016
Femolacaster:

what do you mean? They should have greeted the king by shaking him shey? We Yorubas are not like ndi nyamiris, we always respect our kings. Ighotago?

I guess those same guys goes to church with sagged Jean, make noise and do what so ever they wish.

Not saying we should not respect our kings, I respected mine when I visited him and he gave me a seat to seat.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by buzquet(m): 6:57am On Apr 19, 2016
they should have stood while greeting the king

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by Sunnycliff(m): 7:44am On Apr 19, 2016
Who their visit Don epp?

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by Virginkpekus(f): 7:45am On Apr 19, 2016
All this one na for better transport money while leaving.. grin

6 Likes

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by dearsly(m): 7:46am On Apr 19, 2016
Nothing special about this Oni....just yoruba (APC) people flaring the whole fink up!...

Who Oni epp??.... undecided undecided undecided IRANU

Quoting me means u gat brain cancer take note!
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by Olarewajub: 7:47am On Apr 19, 2016
Who are those guys sitting on the floor and why are doing that?

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 19, 2016
Hmm.......If they don't prostrate properly they will go home empty handed.
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by Sunnycliff(m): 7:48am On Apr 19, 2016
Those men besides the Oba I uniform, are they not entitled to have a seat Must they sit on the bare floor?

Don't the Oba give seat to his visitors

Even in this new age some people are backwards! #smh

7 Likes

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by boolet: 7:48am On Apr 19, 2016
smiley No female student? Abi dem dey fear make oba no 'confiscate' them?

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by seunny4lif(m): 7:49am On Apr 19, 2016
wink
You understand the secret behind it grin
The king must drop something for them at least transport fare grin
Virginkpekus:
All this one na for better transport money while leaving.. grin

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by magicminister: 7:50am On Apr 19, 2016
[size=15pt]see the way they be like refugees!
Nigerian youths keep selling out Nigeria at every given opportunity.

We should stop respecting or acknowledging anyone in political positions of authority unless they are championing the cause of the masses.

[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 19, 2016
OH LORD...why are they lying down? SMH

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by ajbunmi: 7:52am On Apr 19, 2016
Na only guys go?
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by AfroKnight: 7:52am On Apr 19, 2016
dearsly:
Nothing special about this Oni....just yoruba (APC) people flaring the whole fink up!...

Who Oni epp??.... undecided undecided undecided IRANU

Quoting me means u gat brain cancer take note!

The world is bigger than your neighborhood. Hope you know that.

It's very amusing that you can share brain cancer at will. You must have plenty of it yourself. grin

16 Likes

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by Viktor1983(m): 7:52am On Apr 19, 2016
All Join
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by DonMaxxy(m): 7:53am On Apr 19, 2016
hmmmmm prostrating infront of a human being with body and soul like you; what will you do in the presence of God your absolute creator? or you no get a creator?

Dont come here to tell me: " it's cultural stuff"... It is full time idolatry.

#SayNoToIdolatry.

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by boolet: 7:54am On Apr 19, 2016
Olarewajub:
Who are those guys sitting on the floor and why are doing that?
.Emese chiefs... The claim is that they are dedicated castrated men at the service of the king.
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by contactmorak: 7:58am On Apr 19, 2016
Who the king epp sef?
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by firstolalekan(m): 7:59am On Apr 19, 2016
So
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by olaodun: 8:03am On Apr 19, 2016
It is good to rejoice and respect the King because he attended the same institution

Please we have solar light and phone charger at affordable price, we also need distributors and representatives please contact
ecstasytreasuresltd@gmail.com
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by samsam2019: 8:06am On Apr 19, 2016
It doesn't matter who you are. Even if your great grand father comes to visit the king he will prostrate.
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by Olibboy: 8:13am On Apr 19, 2016
HRM!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Late Ooni Of Ife To Be Buried On Friday / Oni Was A Chief Priest / We Need To See More Hausa And Fulani Girls Representing Nigeria And In Nollywood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.