Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's (12681 Views)

We Yorubas Accept The Grazing Bill And Want The Fg To Use Southwest As Grazing G / Is The Grazing Reserve Bill A Trojan Horse Of Islamisation Of Nigeria? / Why We Must All Support Full Sharia In The North. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 19, 2016
[b]I laugh at the ignorance displayed by many emotionally clouded Nigerians who are against the grazing bill proposed for the Fulani cattle rearers in all states of the Federation. Let's remember that like every other Nigerians, the Fulani's have the right to live and do their business in any part of the country. It is their constitutional right as Nigerians to own grazing fields in any choice location of the country so far it is paid for or provided by the government. We ought to applaud the move made by the federal govt because it will help in ending the unnecessary violence between the Farmers and the Herdsmen. By provision of grazing fields, the fulani's will be restricted to graze on an apportioned land provided by the federal govt. It will be a crime for them to graze their cattles on people's farms once the bill is passed into law. We should not castigate every fulani herdmen as killers because of the few bad ones among them. The incidence in Agatu and other parts of the country were perpetuated by cattle rustlers and not Fulani herdsmen. Cattle rustlers are armed terrorist who steal cattles from herdsmen and graze them around the country as a cover up for their terrorist acts. The ordinary Fulani herdsmen are peaceful people and will never harm innocent Nigerians. The fulani's do not move around with weapons but sticks to guide their cattle. I observed most critics of this Bill are from the eastern part of the country. The igbos need to realize that the federal govt owns all the land and territories in Nigeria and it can decide on how it chooses to use every inch of its territory. The fulani's have every right to graze in the SE and there is nothing any one can do about it. It is their right as a Nigerian just like the igbos are the most travelled tribe doing business in every part of the country. We cannot decide to restrict all igbo traders to the east because of the attitude of few bad eggs amongst them likewise the Fulani's. Most Nigerians criticized the federal govt when they decide to create ranches and import grasses from Brazil to graze these cattles so the herder wont roam about. Now the FG is shifting plans to create a grazing site for the herders in every state which is not a bad move by all standards. We are one Nigeria and we must learn to tolerate ourselves and live in peace. We must shun the politics of hatred and tribalism. Lord Luggard saw the potentials in our diversity before merging us up to form this great country. We must not allow ethnicity to cloud our sense of judgement when the federal govt proposes law that will favour every Nigerian. We must support the grazing bill so the Fulani's can do their business in peace. BTW i am a Yoruba man from the SW. proudly Nigerian cool[/b]

cc: fulanimafia

mulatoclaro

tonyebarcanista

passingshot
chukwudi44
jmichlins
thaoriginator
ngeneukwenu
truckpusher

anonimi
bitterleafsoup
drss1
pidggin
biafranbushboy
size40
normalcodes
carinmom
sweetguy25
igwe9
sunnynwa
hansad
princemilla
jmichlins
lmfashions
cecegorz
richest85
bizibi
dicktator1, georgen2u, easternleopard, whirlwind7, zuchyblink, Gext, efosasere, dtruth3, dearpreye

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by VoteDemiladgold: 11:19am On Apr 19, 2016
Even though I support the grazing bill, will it reduce the rate of cattle rustling in Nigeria?

I need answers

2 Likes

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by PoliticalThuG(m): 11:22am On Apr 19, 2016
Senseless thread

48 Likes

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by Young03(m): 11:22am On Apr 19, 2016
is that the reason for this textbook

13 Likes

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 19, 2016
VoteDemiladgold:
Even though I support the grazing bill, will it reduce the rate of cattle rustling in Nigeria?

I need answers

yes it will. the herders wont move cattles about anymore and its good news for everyone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 19, 2016
Op is a known troll so i can't engage him in a sensible discussion

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by VoteDemiladgold: 11:29am On Apr 19, 2016
joborskill:

yes it will. the herders wont move cattles about anymore and its good news for everyone
cool
Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by PassingShot(m): 11:30am On Apr 19, 2016
OP, you've made good points and I wholeheartedly support the grazing bill.

Those who oppose the bill, can you please suggest an alternative to ending the continuous clashes between the farmers and Fulani herdsmen?

What the govt is attempting to do is what is obtainable in developed countries of the world. You do not see their cattle farmers with their cattle on the street.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 19, 2016
PoliticalThuG:
Senseless thread

ipod yoot. The FG will establish grazing fields in every parts of the nation. live with it

3 Likes

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 19, 2016
[s]
Fedayeen:
Op is a known troll so i can't engage him in a sensible discussion
[/s]

Have u ever contributed sensibly? you cant give what u dont have bro grin

7 Likes

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by mountlarry: 11:32am On Apr 19, 2016
@OP- What's wrong with ranch system?
Your claim of being yoruba doesn't make your point more acceptable.
The igbos you continuously cited didn't acquire places of business by destroying other people's settlement or means of livelihood nor did they lobby for government policy to situate them.
My points:
1. adopt modern rearing techniques.
2. Disarm the herds men (they don't need arms-according to the OP).
3. If they must get land, they should negotiate with the land owners or community).
Simple

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by macluvph1(m): 11:35am On Apr 19, 2016
@ Joborskill, i don't blame you about these your write up but i blame the people that brought you forth. I pray the Federal govt use your own father's land or where you have your mega investment(If you have any)for the grazing in your own state.

27 Likes

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 19, 2016
what is going on ,how can we be so weak.
something is not right.
You come here to tell us why we must be slave,s to fulani
na wa ooooo you must be moslem

I hate nigeria so much right now

LONG LIVE IPOB

25 Likes

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 19, 2016
Rubbish!! Dash them your papa land when they come. I.diott!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by macluvph1(m): 11:38am On Apr 19, 2016
PassingShot:

Those who oppose the bill, can you please suggest an alternative to ending the continuous clashes between the farmers and Fulani herdsmen?

What the govt is attempting to do is what is obtainable in developed countries of the world. You do not see their cattle farmers with their cattle on the street.

The alternative is simple, they should graze in their states and transport the cattles down to the south via trucks and trailers as they do whenever they are bringing cattles into PH.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by PassingShot(m): 11:38am On Apr 19, 2016
mountlarry:
The igbos you continuously cited didn't acquire places of business by destroying other people's settlement or means of livelihood nor did they lobby for government policy to situate them.
My points:
3. If they must get land, they should negotiate with the land owners or community).
Simple
And how is this different from what the govt is trying to do?

The govt, by establishing grazing facilities for them, will be able to solve all problems associating with cattle rearing.

What part of the bill gives some of you sleepless night?

After all, we all need the cattle rearers to survive. Or is there anyone of us who can do without the meat from their cattle?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by santos247(m): 11:39am On Apr 19, 2016
This OP missed a lots of point in his advocacy for Grazzing fields for cattle herders.
1. tell me a single country where their livestock production depends on peasant and pastoral normads and acheive self sufficiency in mmeat production? Botswana is the only major exporter of meat to EU in Africa and yet all their cattle production is based on sendentary systems (not roaing of cattle across miles of distance)
2. If the Fulani man has every right to graze in every part of Nigeria, i want to start pork production and i want my pigs to graze the fields in Kano, Sokoto and Katsina.. I will develop a system where my pigs will feed on fresh grass of the Kano emirate and produce good quality meat. shocked shocked shocked shocked. Dont i have that right too??
3. Cattle production is just a bussiness venture like Poultry, pig, Fish farming etc. Every prospective farmer must acquire land from existing land systems in the respective locations and abide by every existing local laws.
4. How much tax do the CAttle rearers pay to the natonal purse from their sales of cattle
Government should ban in totalty the roaming of cattle in Nigeria. In South Africa, every farmer acquires large expanse of land and graze their animals within that territory. Why is it different in Nigeria
I am an animal scientist and i know the dynamics of the present system. We cant not continue this way for long. Government must forget about the ethnic and religious sentiments to move this country forward

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by Emancipation: 11:39am On Apr 19, 2016
joborskill:

So here is what will happen next,

1) The Fulanis will settle there and start having children. possibly with locally kidnapped women or other northerners

2) Those children in 20 years will grow up and claim that the land belongs to their ancestors just like they did in plateau state.

3) Fight will begin between those Fulani children and the local community.

4) Federal government will step in and split the community in half for peace and give to the fulani descendants what doesn't belong to them.

5) With their newly gained power, they will start fighting for political power and dominance of the area.

Everything I just wrote has already happened before so NOBODY can say that I am making this up.

72 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by PassingShot(m): 11:42am On Apr 19, 2016
macluvph1:

The alternative is simple, they should graze in their states and transport the cattles down to the south via trucks and trailers as they do whenever they are bringing cattles into PH.
That will mean they're not entitled to establish their business in any part of Nigeria they wish to.

It's just like asking all Igbo traders to only take their wares to other part of the country when they need to sell them. Not owning shops, factories and offices in those other parts.

Wake up to reality joor.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 19, 2016
PassingShot:

Gbam hatred will not let the igbos and their senators working against the bill realize this. Its just like restricting igbo traders to the SE because some of them are fond of selling fake goods. The govt will fish out the bad eggs among the herders and let the sane ones graze their cattles in peace

2 Likes

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by davo3286: 11:45am On Apr 19, 2016
Beautiful shiit!

2 Likes

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 19, 2016
mountlarry:
My points:
Simple

i raised all this points in my write up. We are saying the same thing

1 Like

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by asha80(m): 11:46am On Apr 19, 2016
PassingShot:

That will mean they're not entitled to establish their business in any part of Nigeria they wish to.

It's just like asking all Igbo traders to only take their wares to other part of the country when they need to sell them. Not owning shops, factories and offices in those other parts.

Wake up to reality joor.
did fg acquire land in your state for Igbos to sell their products? Did the igbos in your state destroy houses and kill people when they were establishing their markets?

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 19, 2016
macluvph1:
@ Joborskill, i don't blame you about these your write up but i blame the people that brought you forth. I pray the Federal govt use your own father's land or where you have your mega investment(If you have any)for the grazing in your own state.

Amen. so far it will stop killings of innocent people. My father no carry land come from heaven. The FG owns the land. simple
Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by PoliticalThuG(m): 11:48am On Apr 19, 2016
joborskill:

ipod yoot. The FG will establish grazing fields in every parts of the nation. live with it
fulanis are the real land grabber

8 Likes

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by hopeforcharles(m): 11:49am On Apr 19, 2016
joborskill:
[b]I laugh at the ignorance displayed by many emotionally clouded Nigerians who are against the grazing bill proposed for the Fulani cattle rearers in all states of the Federation. Let's remember that like every other Nigerians, the Fulani's have the right to live and do their business in any part of the country. It is their constitutional right as Nigerians to own grazing fields in any choice location of the country so far it is paid for or provided by the government. We ought to applaud the move made by the federal govt because it will help in ending the unnecessary violence between the Farmers and the Herdsmen. By provision of grazing fields, the fulani's will be restricted to grase on an apportioned land provided by the federal govt. It will be a crime for them to graze their cattles on people's farms once the bill is passed into law. We should not castigate every fulani herdmen as killers because of the few bad ones among them. The incidence in Agatu and other parts of the country were perpetuated by cattle rustlers and not Fulani herdsmen. Cattle rustlers are armed terrorist who steal cattles from herdsmen and graze them around the country as a cover up for their terrorist acts. The ordinary Fulani herdsmen are peaceful people and will never harm innocent Nigerians. The fulani's do not move around with weapons but sticks to guide their cattle. I observed most critics of this Bill are from the eastern part of the country. The igbos need to realize that the federal govt owns all the land and territories in Nigeria and it can decide on how it chooses to use every inch of its territory. The fulani's have every right to grave in the SE and there is nothing any one can do about it. It is their right as a Nigerian just like the igbos are the most travelled tribe doing business in every part of the country. We cannot decide to restrict all igbo traders to the east because of the attitude of few bad eggs amongst them likewise the Fulani's. Most Nigerians criticized the federal govt when they decide to create ranches and import grasses from Brazil to graze these cattles so the herder wont roam about. Now the FG is shifting plans to create a grazing site for the herders in every state which is not a bad move by all standards. We are one Nigeria and we must learn to tolerate ourselves and live in peace. We must shun the politics of hatred and tribalism. Lord Luggard saw the potentials in our diversity before merging us up to form this great country. We must not allow ethnicity to cloud our sense of judgement when the federal govt proposes law that will favour every Nigerian. We must support the grazing bill so the Fulani's can do their business in peace. BTW i am a Yoruba man from the SW. proudly Nigerian cool[/b]

cc: fulanimafia

mulatoclaro

tonyebarcanista

passingshot
chukwudi44
jmichlins
thaoriginator
ngeneukwenu
truckpusher

anonimi
bitterleafsoup
drss1
pidggin
biafranbushboy
size40
normalcodes
carinmom
sweetguy25
igwe9
sunnynwa
hansad
princemilla
jmichlins
lmfashions
cecegorz
richest85
bizibi
dicktator1, georgen2u, easternleopard, whirlwind7, zuchyblink, Gext, efosasere, dtruth3, dearpreye
Bulsh*T , why do even the nomal fulani man carry weapons like matchet, long knives or sword, and short swords? Is the grazing a personal business or Government business? Are the igbos taking up peoples land by force and refusing them rights to decide when to sell their lands, why are all the yoruba guys this daft why? They can easily be manipulated and brought over no fix loyality, I wish Chris Brown sang this yoruba guys ain't loyal it would have been better, I am sick of all this Bs and the rascalitity of those in the helms of affairs. I strongly reject this grazing law. SIMPLE

19 Likes

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by PassingShot(m): 11:51am On Apr 19, 2016
asha80:
did fg acquire land in your state for Igbos to sell their products? Did the igbos in your state destroy houses and kill people when they were establishing their markets?
Let's employ our common sense here pls.

The herdsmen business is unique in nature. As such, it requires unique solution.

From long time ago, cattle rearing has been a problem in our country. The difference now is the advent of social media which have made it possible to know more of the atrocities committed by some of them.

Whichever way you look at it, what the government is attempting to do is the perfect and lasting solution to the challenges.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 19, 2016
macluvph1:

You are a selfish man. If the fulani's were igbo traders would u support a bill restricting them to the east alone? If the fulani's cant raise their cattle in any part of the country, its like trampling upon their human rights. Cattle rearing is their business and they have the right to live and do business any where in Nigeria. The FG has made a plan to settle them in specific grazing areas across the country so there will be peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's by asha80(m): 11:54am On Apr 19, 2016
PassingShot:

Let's employ our common sense here pls.

The herdsmen business is unique in nature. As such, it requires unique solution.

From long time ago, cattle rearing has been a problem in our country. The difference now is the advent of social media which have made it possible to know more of the atrocities committed by some of them.

Whichever way you look at it, what the government is attempting to do is the perfect and lasting solution to the challenges.
you can give your father's land or yours for grazing

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reps Summon Minister, Ex-efcc, SURE-P Bosses Over N1trn Rail Contracts Scam / Murtala Muhammed's 80th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / APC Ends All Presidential/national Assembly Campaigns.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.