Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,671 members, 7,801,934 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Samantha Power: America's UN Ambassador's 60mph Motorcade Kills Boy In Cameroon - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Samantha Power: America's UN Ambassador's 60mph Motorcade Kills Boy In Cameroon (772 Views)

US President Vs UK Prime Minister’s Motorcade (photo) / Woman Follows Trump's Motorcade On Bicycle And Gives Him The Middle Finger / US President-elect, Donald Trump’s Motorcade (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samantha Power: America's UN Ambassador's 60mph Motorcade Kills Boy In Cameroon by NairaMinted: 11:19am On Apr 19, 2016
The Amerikan Freedom Express stops for no one, or child...

Well at least they aren't killing kids from high above in the skies anymore. They are doing it up close and personal now...

Samantha Power: America's UN ambassador's 60mph motorcade kills boy in Cameroon

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/samantha-power-americas-un-ambassadors-60mph-motorcade-kills-boy-in-cameroon-a6990401.html

1 Like

Re: Samantha Power: America's UN Ambassador's 60mph Motorcade Kills Boy In Cameroon by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 19, 2016
That driver will get away with it. Diplomatic immunity.
Re: Samantha Power: America's UN Ambassador's 60mph Motorcade Kills Boy In Cameroon by ValerianSteel(m): 7:47pm On Apr 19, 2016
Very sad.This is a pain an apology won't wash away.

Condolences to the family of the lost.Madame Powers needs to step up and take responsibility for the tragedy.That you are being driven does not mean you can't control the wheels except of course she agreed to the speed.

1 Like

Re: Samantha Power: America's UN Ambassador's 60mph Motorcade Kills Boy In Cameroon by Missy89(f): 8:24pm On Apr 19, 2016
ValerianSteel:

Condolences to the family of the lost.Madame Powers needs to step up and take responsibility for the tragedy.That you are being driven does not mean you can't control the wheels except of course she agreed to the speed.

Tragic but this has nothing to do with Powers. The speed of a motorcade is not up to the VIP but the head of security. She has visited the family of the kid to offer her condolences.

What is appalling is the idea that the OP is trying to pin this on America by exploiting a tragic death that happened by mistake.

Dont feed the troll

2 Likes

Re: Samantha Power: America's UN Ambassador's 60mph Motorcade Kills Boy In Cameroon by NairaMinted: 8:44pm On Apr 19, 2016
ValerianSteel:

Well put, comrade. Never would have believed we could see eye to eye on anything.
Re: Samantha Power: America's UN Ambassador's 60mph Motorcade Kills Boy In Cameroon by ValerianSteel(m): 9:59pm On Apr 19, 2016
Missy89:

Tragic but this has nothing to do with Powers. The speed of a motorcade is not up to the VIP but the head of security. She has visited the family of the kid to offer her condolences.

What is appalling is the idea that the OP is trying to pin this on America by exploiting a tragic death that happened by mistake.

Dont feed the troll

I don't think security determines the speed limit.Basically the rule I know of is,drive safe and try to get to your destination fast enough.I know when visiting violence prone areas,protocol is to drive fast enough to avoid enemy contact.If her visit would incur danger,she won't be visiting there in the first place,if needs be she'll visit,she'd be there with heavy security.
Probably for unforeseen circumstances the driver felt the need to speed out of the town.

In this case,her convoy was plying a rural road with locals lined up on either sides of the two lane highway out to see the foreign woman,lemme say the 'oyinbo woman' who am sure they were delighted to see hence why they lined up on the roadside.There were no armed security restricting the people gathered on either sides of the lane from running unto the high way.

Discretion should be slow down enough to avoid accidents like this one.The driver sped a bit above 60mph.

I think the major problem here is-The driver is Cameroonian and probably lacks insight into security protocols when conveying VIP's(am not calling him incompetent based on his nationality).He probably lacks basic driving and safety ethics for diplomats like Madame Powers.

One way or the other I feel she could have told him to slow down.No matter what security protocol is in place,she's a diplomat and not an anti-robbery police on a hot chase.She could have at least told the driver to slow down.In the case she doesn't have a say on the speed.It's her convoy,newspapers and websites won't be printing the drivers name as responsible for the death,No,It's Madame Powers name we'll be hearing about.

She should take responsibility by apologizing for the death.While the world may sympathize with the fact that it's the drivers negligence and the little boy's chidlishness/ignorance that killed the boy.She's the face to offer an apology and clear up any controversy that may rise from it.

BTW,you should be used to the likes of the OP looking for a thing or the other to fault America with no matter how ridiculous it sounds.I've learnt to ignore those parts lately.

1 Like

Re: Samantha Power: America's UN Ambassador's 60mph Motorcade Kills Boy In Cameroon by Missy89(f): 1:12am On Apr 20, 2016
ValerianSteel:
I don't think security determines the speed limit.Basically the rule I know of is,drive safe and try to get to your destination fast enough.I know when visiting violence prone areas,protocol is to drive fast enough to avoid enemy contact.If her visit would incur danger,she won't be visiting there in the first place,if needs be she'll visit,she'd be there with heavy security.
Probably for unforeseen circumstances the driver felt the need to speed out of the town.

In this case,her convoy was plying a rural road with locals lined up on either sides of the two lane highway out to see the foreign woman,lemme say the 'oyinbo woman' who am sure they were delighted to see hence why they lined up on the roadside.There were no armed security restricting the people gathered on either sides of the lane from running unto the high way.

Discretion should be slow down enough to avoid accidents like this one.The driver sped a bit above 60mph.

I think the major problem here is-The driver is Cameroonian and probably lacks insight into security protocols when conveying VIP's(am not calling him incompetent based on his nationality).He probably lacks basic driving and safety ethics for diplomats like Madame Powers.

One way or the other I feel she could have told him to slow down.No matter what security protocol is in place,she's a diplomat and not an anti-robbery police on a hot chase.She could have at least told the driver to slow down.In the case she doesn't have a say on the speed.It's her convoy,newspapers and websites won't be printing the drivers name as responsible for the death,No,It's Madame Powers name we'll be hearing about.

She should take responsibility by apologizing for the death.While the world may sympathize with the fact that it's the drivers negligence and the little boy's chidlishness/ignorance that killed the boy.She's the face to offer an apology and clear up any controversy that may rise from it.

BTW,you should be used to the likes of the OP looking for a thing or the other to fault America with no matter how ridiculous it sounds.I've learnt to ignore those parts lately.

I see your point. but VIPs have a very little influence over their security.She wasn't in the car that killed the kid thou according to the Cameroon authorities and according to AFP, The vehicle that struck the boy stopped, but was then ordered by US security forces to continue travelling through the unsecured area

She personally visited the boy's family and they would probably get some compensation. Case closed.
Re: Samantha Power: America's UN Ambassador's 60mph Motorcade Kills Boy In Cameroon by Lucasbalo(m): 1:14am On Apr 20, 2016
Missy89:

Dont feed the troll

Gbam. The hate America crowd will always hate America or anything American.
Re: Samantha Power: America's UN Ambassador's 60mph Motorcade Kills Boy In Cameroon by ValerianSteel(m): 1:55pm On Apr 20, 2016
Missy89:

I see your point. but VIPs have a very little influence over their security.She wasn't in the car that killed the kid thou according to the Cameroon authorities and according to AFP, The vehicle that struck the boy stopped, but was then ordered by US security forces to continue travelling through the unsecured area

She personally visited the boy's family and they would probably get some compensation. Case closed.

That puts it to rest.She has visited the boy's family.

(1) (Reply)

‘britain Must Leave European Union'- Prof. Alexia Thomas, Chairman, Tclp Uk / Things You Never Knew About Donald Trump / Rare Pictures Of North Koreans Smiling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.