Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ (16829 Views)

Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? / Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) / Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by Arjeeni: 1:02pm On Apr 19, 2016
•’Fayose’s letter amounts to sabotage’

House of Representatives Majority leader Femi Gbajabiamila has described Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose as a meddlesome interloper following the letter he wrote to Chinese President Xi Jinping on the alleged $6 billion loan sought by Nigeria from China.

In a letter to the Chinese leader yesterday, Gbajabiamila said Fayose ignorantly overreached himself and wilfully breached the constitution by failing to defend the oath he swore to.

The House leader, who said members of the lower chamber were worried by the flagrant abuse of office by Fayose, however, asked the Chinese leader to ignore him as he showed lack of understanding of the workings of the federal system of government.

It reads: “My attention has been drawn to a letter written to you by a governor of one of the states of in Nigerian, wherein the governor purported to speak on behalf of the Nigerian people, describing himself as a stakeholder in the Nigerian ‘project’.

“Ordinarily, I would not join issues with the governor but as the leader of the House of Representatives, I am saddled with the responsibility of driving government business and policies in the House.

“It is, therefore, incumbent upon me to set the records straight, though I am sure the letter written to you by the governor will probably receive little (if any) attention from your high office, assuming it even gets to you.

“Mr. President, Nigeria as you well-know is not a project as erroneously described by the governor, but a nation as all others in the comity of nations. It is also a federal republic operating under the principles of administrative and fiscal federalism.

“As such, as most democracies with a federal structure, Nigeria operates a three-tier government and adheres to the principle of separation of powers, which is both vertical and horizontal. Horizontal between the Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches and vertical between the federal, state and local governments.

“To this extent, it is a clear affront on our constitution and ultra vires his mandate for a governor of a federating state to delve into any matter outside his state, particularly as it concerns international agreements between two sovereign nations.”

The letter added: “Therefore a governor who overreaches himself and acts outside his constitutional mandate can at best be described legally as a meddlesome interloper…

“Finally Mr. President, yes we are a democratic nation and yes citizens do have a right to freedom of expression (though not absolute), however this letter to you by an opposition governor is a new low in opposition politics.”

“What the state governor has done amounts to attempted economic sabotage and subversion. I ask, therefore, that you excuse the vituperations and exuberance of the governor as just that,” it said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/gbajabiamila-writes-chinese-leader%E2%80%A2fayoses-letter-amounts-sabotage/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by Originality007: 1:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
If say something now NL Mod will ban me again...... lipsrsealed\

well FTC

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by Arjeeni: 1:46pm On Apr 19, 2016
Oyah lalasticlala compares the two letters.
I dont want to belief that Fayose as he is having bad mouth can as well bad in writing skills

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by Akshow: 1:59pm On Apr 19, 2016
Don't sweat it Gbajamila, the Chinese government didn't take the foul mouthed rascal serious. They didn't even know he was in China cos he was at a state fair not with diplomats. Shameless governor. See him bald head grin

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 19, 2016
Fayoshe is no longer news worthy,
Lets ignor him

16 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by sammieguze(m): 2:00pm On Apr 19, 2016
Hmmmm

Everyone is talking just to stay in the news.

Bunch of attention seekers

7 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 19, 2016
Gbaja is a broken record.

How much does the he goat buy fuel or exchange dollar

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by MrPresident1: 2:01pm On Apr 19, 2016
undecided
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 19, 2016
Please who Is supposed to pay Land Use Charge? Landlord or tenant?

My landlord is forcing me to pay and I have told him never.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by Bitterleafsoup: 2:02pm On Apr 19, 2016
But what about when Buhari called Nigerians criminals?
At least I found out why our President was really in China.....

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by Goldenheart(m): 2:02pm On Apr 19, 2016
everyone is writing letters to chinese government....
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 19, 2016
I don't think the Chinese leader will have time to read craps from Fayose and Gbajabiamila. The Chinese leader is too busy developing a nation of a billion people.

8 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by Omonigeriarere: 2:03pm On Apr 19, 2016
k
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by justmenoni: 2:03pm On Apr 19, 2016
why should nigeria be borrowing ordinary 6billion when billions upon billions of dollars has been returned and trillions of naira has been returned as well...why are they not disputing this fact from fayose?

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by shamecurls(m): 2:04pm On Apr 19, 2016
Gbajabiamila is a brilliant chap.

He constructively nailed Fayose to the cross and i doubt if Fayose will understand the message

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by richol(m): 2:04pm On Apr 19, 2016
Lets be realistic if we stopped trading goods with other countries, why borrow their money Btw we really dont need this money...whether the president can lie or not, we have a robust treasury.

4 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by mile12crises: 2:05pm On Apr 19, 2016
Arjeeni:
•’Fayose’s letter amounts to sabotage’

House of Representatives Majority leader Femi Gbajabiamila has described Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose as a meddlesome interloper following the letter he wrote to Chinese President Xi Jinping on the alleged $6 billion loan sought by Nigeria from China.

In a letter to the Chinese leader yesterday, Gbajabiamila said Fayose ignorantly overreached himself and wilfully breached the constitution by failing to defend the oath he swore to.

The House leader, who said members of the lower chamber were worried by the flagrant abuse of office by Fayose, however, asked the Chinese leader to ignore him as he showed lack of understanding of the workings of the federal system of government.

It reads: “My attention has been drawn to a letter written to you by a governor of one of the states of in Nigerian, wherein the governor purported to speak on behalf of the Nigerian people, describing himself as a stakeholder in the Nigerian ‘project’.

“Ordinarily, I would not join issues with the governor but as the leader of the House of Representatives, I am saddled with the responsibility of driving government business and policies in the House.

“It is, therefore, incumbent upon me to set the records straight, though I am sure the letter written to you by the governor will probably receive little (if any) attention from your high office, assuming it even gets to you.

“Mr. President, Nigeria as you well-know is not a project as erroneously described by the governor, but a nation as all others in the comity of nations. It is also a federal republic operating under the principles of administrative and fiscal federalism.

“As such, as most democracies with a federal structure, Nigeria operates a three-tier government and adheres to the principle of separation of powers, which is both vertical and horizontal. Horizontal between the Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches and vertical between the federal, state and local governments.

“To this extent, it is a clear affront on our constitution and ultra vires his mandate for a governor of a federating state to delve into any matter outside his state, particularly as it concerns international agreements between two sovereign nations.”

The letter added: “Therefore a governor who overreaches himself and acts outside his constitutional mandate can at best be described legally as a meddlesome interloper…

“Finally Mr. President, yes we are a democratic nation and yes citizens do have a right to freedom of expression (though not absolute), however this letter to you by an opposition governor is a new low in opposition politics.”

“What the state governor has done amounts to attempted economic sabotage and subversion. I ask, therefore, that you excuse the vituperations and exuberance of the governor as just that,” it said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/gbajabiamila-writes-chinese-leader%E2%80%A2fayoses-letter-amounts-sabotage/

The same dishonorable Gbajabiamila that used the toilet without flushing it in the NASS complex

Nigeria have elected the most useless person in Buhari capacity to rule our Nation,that man Buhari is a demon and bastard that should have been in hell,what a terrorist keep on terrorizing our Land

In their first 6 months in officeOBJ increased minimum wage from 1,500to 7,500 GEJ increased from 7,500 to 18,500
GMB Increased hardship.... I love this apshit, they are soo resolute in foolishness. They are suffering and yet smiling.

Oga Fayose abeg don't mind these hypocrite creating a 'Super Buhari', on paper for what he is not. He is Nigerian President, but not a super human. Hypocrites and noisy opportunist, failed business men and failed professionals and dishonorable men that chase his fellow members with the stench emanating from the toilet he used without flushing.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by Olukologia(m): 2:05pm On Apr 19, 2016
Fayose to me is only trying to create an opposition. So its becoming sweeter. So I see no reason for his probe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by refiner(f): 2:05pm On Apr 19, 2016
...lemme put on my goggle and read carefully!cool
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by superemmy(m): 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2016
He never addressed the questions that Fayose posed in his letter about Nigeria's debt profile and a clear lacking economic blueprint.

To me this guy got no relevance after losing speaker of the house. period.

Tinubu's houseboy

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by gunther6(m): 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2016
If the Chinese leader read their idiotic letters make I press
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by xpensivNas(m): 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2016
D difference is crystal clear
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by Akshow: 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2016
justmenoni:
why should nigeria be borrowing ordinary 6billion when billions upon billions of dollars has been returned and trillions of naira has been returned as well...why are they not disputing this fact from fayose?
Nigerian didn't borrow money. It was a currency swap deal.

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by prinsam30: 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2016
still on this case?
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by GROOOVE(m): 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2016
wait! Give me a minute let me read this again
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by senatorbayor(m): 2:08pm On Apr 19, 2016
At last, Fayose has gotten the attention he has craved for all this while.

Wrestling with a pig is very disgraceful and he who must take the pig to the cleaner must have himself stained.
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by Okijajuju1(m): 2:09pm On Apr 19, 2016
I Concur
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by hucienda: 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2016
Fayose be causing the Buhari government headache...

The two are a match for each other.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by SmartMugu: 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2016
Even though I agree with the content of his letter, why write to Chinese president? Does the Chinese president know anyone named Gbajiamala? He probably doesn't know who the heck Fayose is.
Why do we have to disgrace ourselves overseas when certain matters can be handled here at home?

4 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ by macaranta(m): 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2016
Era of letter writing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Receives Buhari Media Organisation (Photos) / APC Or Labour Party Presidency, A Threat To Nigeria's Unity - Harry Ariko / List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.