Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,777 members, 7,802,386 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers (41506 Views)

41 Items Still Banned Under Nigeria-china Currency Swap Deal / What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? / Nigeria, China Currency Swap Forces USD Rate Down: Bureau De Change Association (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by femtoj2: 9:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
[quote author=urboy1 post=44848235]Anyone following global geopolitics.. would know.. we easily could be in a bad situation... Ask Brazil, Zimbabwe and South Africa what their leaders are currently going through for this type of deals..
Just saying[/quote]

Please could you be kind enough to educate us on what those countries you mentioned are going through

Exert from BBC News March 27th 2013
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-21949615

""
China has been pushing for a more international role for its currency, the yuan. It has been trying to promote the yuan as an alternative to the US dollar as a global reserve currency.

As part of that push, it has signed a series of swap deals with some of its key trading partners.

Such agreements not only allow central banks to swap currencies, but can also be used by firms to settle trade in local currencies rather than in US dollars, as happens now, since China's currency is not fully convertible to other currencies.

Earlier this year, the Bank of England said that it was in negotiations with its Chinese counterpart to finalise a three-year swap agreement.

Last year, China signed a swap deal with Australia worth up to A$30bn ($31bn; £20bn) to promote bi-lateral trade and investment.

It is also looking at currency pacts with Hong Kong and Japan""

Well as i no go plenty school, grin grin grin grin but it more of common sense to make such move in a country where we depend on importation.

Canada, Austrailia, England, Russia and Brazil has done same thing while some of them are even renew thier deals. It may have it disadvantages but i think the advantages are more and that is life for you.

Weldone Baba..
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by NeuroBoss(m): 9:41pm On Apr 19, 2016
urboy1:
Anyone following global geopolitics.. would know.. we easily could be in a bad situation... Ask Brazil, Zimbabwe and South Africa what their leaders are currently going through for this type of deals..
Just saying

Bros, na you put Brazil for bad conditions? Brazil is the 6th biggest economies in the world and the ''B'' in the BRICS country- Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa, countries that are threatening Western Economies seriously. Be informed!
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by ojiakuchike1(m): 10:03pm On Apr 19, 2016
you are not far from theoritical truth without logical conclusion. only time will tell.
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Roadmike(m): 10:08pm On Apr 19, 2016
What has Isreal got to do with the issue at hand ? guess this guy is a Jihadist with hatred ingrained in him ,
shamecurls:
Good News!

Bad news for the Israelite's

Nigeria is on course

God bless PMB
God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Kylekent59: 10:31pm On Apr 19, 2016
Men am not in support of these. China will make we Nigerians their slave. There are a lot of negative effect in the longrun. God help us ooo. This man don scatter Nigeria. Shaiiii
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Lilimax(f): 10:54pm On Apr 19, 2016
onatisi:
The biggest winner is china
The biggest losers are Nigerian manufacturers because they wont be able to compete with cheap Chinese goods that will eventually flood the market.
The only way the government can make this policy work for Nigerian companies is to ban Chinese made goods which can be produced locally in Nigeria from entering Nigeria and compel Chinese investors to open up such factories in Nigeria instead of shipping the goods in from china .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Tex42(m): 10:56pm On Apr 19, 2016
Almajiri1:
As long as it gets easier and cheaper to import from China, expect more job losses as industries close shop.
This one is smart, brilliant.

My thought...
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by fombadi: 11:24pm On Apr 19, 2016
Nigeria is the biggest looser. This deal means we will be importing more than before, instead of exporting. We should be focusing on how to manufacture and export so Nigerians will have job at home. With deals like these soon we'll start importing our traditional attires from China. I'm not a fan of buhari neither am I against him, but it seems like he has no vision. I thought his government was trying to discourage importation.
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by justmenoni: 6:16am On Apr 20, 2016
Ohk

quote author=tempest01 post=44852699]

Fool[/quote]
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:38am On Apr 20, 2016
leksmedia, Would increased demand for Yuan (as the case may be soon), not put pressure on the exchange rate btw Naira and Yuan which will slowly take us back to square 1 as happened with the dollar? Also, how are we so sure importers will reduce the prices of goods at the micro level if they just want to still pocket the difference?
I am all for it though. Our terms of trade should gradually improve with time. But we still need to get out of the rut of being an import -dependent nation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:43am On Apr 20, 2016
Kylekent59:
Men am not in support of these. China will make we Nigerians their slave. There are a lot of negative effect in the longrun. God help us ooo. This man don scatter Nigeria. Shaiiii
Nigeria is actually quite late or in signing an agreement of this nature with China. Let me not use Britain as an example since they are an industrialised country (and therefore not import-dependant). Is Ghana a slave to China since they signed this same bilateral agreement ?
Watch and see first before we hastily criticise. If GEJ had first started this but didn't conclude, you will all be change your tune o that PMB is simply implementing GEJs vision, your support for it and all what not. Chill.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by vikeyz(m): 8:10am On Apr 20, 2016
Good work Mr. President, your head is there
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by leksmedia: 9:19am On Apr 20, 2016
the demand for Yuan will reduce pressure on dollars , that doesn't mean dollar will crash , but it will stabilise it lower than what we have right now , the main reason for dollar rise is because of the crash in oil price and our economy too independent in oil. Also the demand for Yuan won't put too much pressure on Yuan because unlike dollar that being used virtually for all transactions like paying scho fees ,buying materials, shipping, shopping, holiday travels etc , Yuan will only be used for mainly imports meaning only business men will handle Yuan, the pressure can't be the same as dollar.

Also our economy needs a lot of exporting before we can compete well in the international market.

vivaciousvivi:
leksmedia, Would increased demand for Yuan (as the case may be soon), not put pressure on the exchange rate btw Naira and Yuan which will slowly take us back to square 1 as happened with the dollar? Also, how are we so sure importers will reduce the prices of goods at the micro level if they just want to still pocket the difference?
I am all for it though. Our terms of trade should gradually improve with time. But we still need to get out of the rut of being an import -dependent nation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by ojuolu(m): 9:43am On Apr 20, 2016
elmisti:

Nice one, but for d sake of gaining smtn...pls dnt see me as a pdp or ipod yoot ( no offence to them )...am jst a concerned citizen nd I blv I knw more dan a lil abt political economics....let's jst talk like matured men who want d betterment of d nation!

#1- is settled

#2--logical but how practical ( d law of demand n supply set in too)...d more d demand for Yuan

#3-- is settled

#4--we av to agree it is the healthiest

#5--most tinz china sell to us can be produced locally. Ultimate aim should be local production sufficiency.

#6--hahaha....mke we leave am

#7---ease of trade makes importn simpler na, I see chinese cars making dier debut soon.Smile. You are right. That is where trade policy comes in. That importation is easy now should not turn Nigeria to a dumping ground of sort. I expect SON/CPC to become very active as soon as we notice this. But you are very correct. This is Nigeria.

#8--ah!...dey can devalue dier currency anyhw..alll dey need is a push from d pentagon
. We will find our way around this. No single economy that have aligned with China(although very few) has greatly or irreparably suffered from the yuan regimes.
You are correct.
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by elmisti(m): 9:58am On Apr 20, 2016
ojuolu:
. We will find our way around this. No single economy that have aligned with China(although very few) has greatly or irreparably suffered from the yuan regimes.
You are correct.

Bro, I hope so ooo, cnt wait for dis nation to be great...I cnt travel ooooo.....whether dey like it or nt.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by ojuolu(m): 10:57am On Apr 20, 2016
elmisti:

Bro, I hope so ooo, cnt wait for dis nation to be great...I cnt travel ooooo.....whether dey like it or nt.
me too bro. I am not thinking about it unless for holidays.
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by V0lv0(f): 6:33pm On Apr 20, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

Nigeria is actually quite late or in signing an agreement of this nature with China. Let me not use Britain as an example since they are an industrialised country (and therefore not import-dependant). Is Ghana a slave to China since they signed this same bilateral agreement ?
Watch and see first before we hastily criticise. If GEJ had first started this but didn't conclude, you will all be change your tune o that PMB is simply implementing GEJs vision, your support for it and all what not. Chill.
Ghana has no such deal with China! Please get your facts straight before spewing false rubbish. A simple google search would have enlightened you on this as well.
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:56pm On Apr 21, 2016
V0lv0:
Ghana has no such deal with China! Please get your facts straight before spewing false rubbish. A simple google search would have enlightened you on this as well.
Since it's clear that your likes do not know how to communicate without "trying" to be insulting when giving correction, you leave me know choice than to ignore your little jibe. Oh and speaking of Google, you must have missed the thread of 3 days ago that had Ghana's name on the list. That's where I saw it for the first time. Not that I owe you any explanation. Talk about uncouth!
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Almajiri1: 6:59am On Jul 24, 2016
Bump
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Saintp(m): 9:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
Expert analysts in the house, where is the yuan you guys made so much noise about? Was this whole brouhaha just a lie?
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by leksmedia: 9:14am On Oct 17, 2016
Implementation is usually the issue in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by WebclickNG: 9:24am On Oct 17, 2016
The Nigeria Recession Survival Group is a Facebook support group to help individuals and small business owners to survive the current recession in Nigeria. Join us now @ https://www./NigeriaRecessionSurvival/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Loan Company Insists I Take Another Loan! (Photos) / Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market / GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.