Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) (29089 Views)

Vikings Members To Honour Their Queen Who Died Recently. Photos / Nigerians Dig Out Buried Frozen Chicken Seized By Customs / Four Bullet-proof Vehicles Hidden In A House In Ikoyi Seized By Customs. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Flirtyjane(f): 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2016
Customs Anti-Smuggling Campaign

The Federal Operations Unit Zone ‘A’ of Nigeria Customs Service within January to 1st Week of April 2016, has made seizure of assorted smuggled and contraband goods worth N572,100,700.00.Comptroller Mohammed Dahiru, Federal Operations Unit Zone ‘A’Lagos, gave the details of the seizure as follows:

I. 4,911 bags of 50kg parboiled rice
II. 1,5048 cartons of imported frozen products
III. 1,884 (25 Ltrs) of Vegetable OilI
V. 17 trucks of unprocessed teak woods

On his advice to smugglers, Comptroller Mohammed Dahiru stated his resolve to deal ruthlessly with smugglers, “as long as they are ready to circumvent the fiscal policies of the Federal Government in terms of trade, we will continue to arrest and prosecute them as a deterrent to others”.

===> http://www.metropillar.com/2016/04/assorted-and-smuggled-items-seized-by.html

Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Flirtyjane(f): 5:42pm On Apr 19, 2016

Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 19, 2016
They will seize goods and later share it among themselves and family members..corruption everywhere..

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Abbeyme: 6:24pm On Apr 19, 2016
Oti o

Since, the birds (of the smugglers) have learnt to fly without perching, the hunters (of NCS) has learnt to shoot without missing!!

I am tempted to smell rat - going by the non rounding-off of the numbers of seized bags of rice and kegs of vegetable-oil. Hoping food-stuffs have not changed hands

angry

1 Like

Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by JohnieWalker(m): 6:25pm On Apr 19, 2016
custom officers are super corrupt

7 Likes

Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by topradar4(f): 6:25pm On Apr 19, 2016
These Guys Never hear, They continue Smuggling and The NCS keep on Seizing them. Nigeria shouldn't be a dumping Ground for all Manner of goods, We have all it takes to Grow and Export all these things. No one would do it for us but ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by yahyamay(m): 6:25pm On Apr 19, 2016
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by wellmax(m): 6:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
Now I understand why most custom officers wives in my area have all turned to rice sellers.

32 Likes

Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by purplish(f): 6:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
Party food loading for those ones now embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by semasir: 6:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
All these goods shocked

Still wondering where they are dumped later on
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by emillionaire: 6:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
Man must survive.

Pls visit my blog @ naijacnn.com , am not competing with any one but seriously i need some encouragement. This blogging game is not easy as it seems. f**K

6 Likes

Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 19, 2016
HAHAHAHahahahaha ~ the joker
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by prinsam30: 6:27pm On Apr 19, 2016
anyhow man must survive
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Femotins: 6:28pm On Apr 19, 2016
JohnieWalker:
custom officers are super corrupt

Because of this Operation?
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by emmykk(m): 6:28pm On Apr 19, 2016
president buhari made rice importation difficult,then the importing companies go to togo and cameroon and import through those places and pay tax to those govt and then smuggle those ban or 41 forex wahala items to Nigeria.

rice,funitures,roofing sheet,sardines,etc.

so who is fooling who?

instead of producing those items first in abundance before ban or restriction you ban while your country cannot produce those items.

it a big shame on this govt

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by wilcox(m): 6:28pm On Apr 19, 2016
Them don sit up?
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by ednut1(m): 6:28pm On Apr 19, 2016
Nigerians are the ones killing this coutry. my neighbour's wife who is a pastor is into frozen foods smuggling. yet she sees nothing wrong in jt. this country is jst doomed abeg
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by orlabass2000: 6:29pm On Apr 19, 2016
Custom,dem go dey form as if dem go burn am..dem wives shop go dey wel stock soon.
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by donephi(m): 6:30pm On Apr 19, 2016
wellmax:
Now I understand why most custom officers wives in my area have all turned to rice sellers.
grin grin
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 19, 2016
Holydude:
They will seize goods and later share it among themselves and family members..corruption everywhere..
You didn't complete the list.

They will seize goods, share it among themselves, give some to members of their family....sell 90% of the same goods to citizens grin

Disguise criminals claiming service to father land. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by dollaflow(m): 6:30pm On Apr 19, 2016
hmmm
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by sonnie10: 6:30pm On Apr 19, 2016
topradar4:
These Guys Never hear, They continue Smuggling and The NCS keep on Seizing them. Nigeria shouldn't be a dumping Ground for all Manner of goods, We have all it takes to Grow and Export all these things. No one would do it for us but ourselves.

I believe the wood was meant for export. That one is a reverse of the case, the export of wood is prohibited.

2 Likes

Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by gbaskiboy: 6:30pm On Apr 19, 2016
Public show an impression to show that custom is working. Very soon it'll be release to the owner. Wayo people
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by ladycomfort(f): 6:30pm On Apr 19, 2016
What will the custom officers do to these goods? Sell it or destroy it? angry
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Pavore9: 6:31pm On Apr 19, 2016
Where will they end up?
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by jkendy(m): 6:32pm On Apr 19, 2016
Custom Service is busy seizing and destroying foodstuffs, esp perboiled rice, and here we're buying a measure of rice for N650 just because traders are refusing to pay custom duties.
Instead of wasting these items why not give them out to motherless babies' homes or even share them amongst the thousands of beggars and Almajiris on the streets of most Arewa state

2 Likes

Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by mezebel(f): 6:34pm On Apr 19, 2016
NCS bunch of thieves
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by kennyman2000(m): 6:34pm On Apr 19, 2016
Gbese!

1 Like

Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Bugatie(m): 6:34pm On Apr 19, 2016
Do we import unprocessed woods also ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by mavinkalot: 6:36pm On Apr 19, 2016
for real? prohibited? i never knew. why? can you explain?
sonnie10:

I believe the wood was meant for export. That one is a reverse of the case, the export of wood is prohibited.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From #EndSARS Protest In Ogbomosho, Oyo State / Ekene Dike: Missing 15-Year-Old Boy Found Dead In Rivers / Vandals Caught In A Girl's Secondary School In Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.