Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,530 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:20 PM

China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor (24245 Views)

How To Make Money Drop Shipping/importing From Nigeria Without Capital / Emefiele Predicts Economic Boom For Nigeria In 2018 / The CBN Governor The Problem Of Nigeria Or Are We Getting It Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by omokab: 9:03am On Apr 20, 2016
tit:
"china to start importing some of their items"

ha ha ha ha

so it will be cheaper than the one wey them make for their side?

ha ha ha ha
this zombie supporter of APC emefiele wan make me laff ooo
but i is not finding it funny.
funny enough some of you always prove that you understand economics or any financial aspect but you did not. the law of comparative cost advantage is what they are talking about here. What China does not have opportunity to produce and Nigeria can produce it due to bilateral agreement between the two country,nigeria will produce the goods for them.
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by Adesiji77: 9:06am On Apr 20, 2016
"To start"? undecided

Tell us when they do cool
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by VISTIN(m): 9:09am On Apr 20, 2016
It sounds indefinite.

What exactly will they be importing?

They buy our oil in Yuan and sell in dollars?

I pray it works out for us all. God bless nigeria
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by newggce: 9:13am On Apr 20, 2016
Hmmmm. What kind of items will them import

Is promise and fail a sin?
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by proxillin(m): 9:15am On Apr 20, 2016
tit:

ha ha ha ha

ha ha ha ha

China manufacture everything ?

Their land can grow everything including cocoa?

They have Crude oil?

Hate has erased the useful part of your brain. To hell with Igbos.

And funny enough...it your brothers that will benefit the best from this deal. Hateful tribe
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by Maski87: 9:15am On Apr 20, 2016
Stop lying there is nothing to import from nigeria unless you sell oil to them in yuan ,rehimbi or whatever they call there manipulated currency.
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by Getikebusy(m): 9:23am On Apr 20, 2016
They would start importing our red sand. That's what readily available for export

CBN,FG are liars
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 20, 2016
Im getting tired of this government. China this China that. Is China their Saviour? They talk too much. China will start...... Let them start already then you can talk about it. No all this "we will", "we shall" statements that is beginning to sound like propaganda
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by ladygudhead(f): 9:24am On Apr 20, 2016
yea our climate is good[b] ,what about our power supply. undecided
May God save Nigeria!
Pipeline vandals are not helping matters too.
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by Amanwulu1(m): 9:33am On Apr 20, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
Good.....but

Let's be honest....we should move away from being an exporter of raw materials really. Once the price drops...problems start.
I thk it's bad negotiatn to not insert dis into d agreement in d first place, now it's like begging dem to import our gud into their country to which they are not really obligated cos it's not part of d original contract.
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by Amanwulu1(m): 9:41am On Apr 20, 2016
modelmike7:
. . . . . it will happen in your eyes and I pray, I realy pray for you to be there to enjoy the dividends, son of hate!
I pray it happens but emefiele is still not saying anytin. U signed an agreemnt which is binding witout including something as important as dis only to come back to negotiate on an extra agreement basis what ought to b in d agreement in black n white. It's like begging. Dis is my concern. not against nigeria's progress cos it'll benefit me as well.
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by ideylaff: 9:44am On Apr 20, 2016
hansome01:

http://leadership.ng/news/519744/china-start-importing-nigeria-emefiele

This is appalling from a Central Bank Governor to make a statement as open and vague as this
No statistics No figure No concrete evidence of any formal plan.

He was not even in China so all is based on assumptions

Such a lieing bunch of so called Technocrats.

Hear him " we are talking to China on things to import from Nigeria and you have already signed agreements on the back of China exports to Nigeria.

People are bn conned and fooled while they rejoice without thinking deeply as long as they can get access to Alibaba and import whatever they like with the new currency deal signed blindly.

I weep for my country damn!!!
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by ideylaff: 9:50am On Apr 20, 2016
Amanwulu1:
I pray it happens but emefiele is still not saying anytin. U signed an agreemnt which is binding witout including something as important as dis only to come back to negotiate on an extra agreement basis what ought to b in d agreement in black n white. It's like begging. Dis is my concern. not against nigeria's progress cos it'll benefit me as well.

Thank you for making so much sense my brother. We refuse to engage our leaders or ask them questions when they throw ceapnat us behind microphones in their everyday termed " World Press Conferences" Meetings road shows and other fake medium they use to lie to us
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by ideylaff: 9:55am On Apr 20, 2016
ideylaff:

This is appalling from a Central Bank Governor to make a statement as open and vague as this
No statistics No figure No concrete evidence of any formal plan.

He was not even in China so all is based on assumptions

Such a lieing bunch of so called Technocrats.

Hear him " we are talking to China on things to import from Nigeria and you have already signed agreements on the back of China exports to Nigeria.

People are bn conned and fooled while they rejoice without thinking deeply as long as they can get access to Alibaba and import whatever they like with the new currency deal signed blindly.

I weep for my country damn!!!

https://www.rt.com/business/160068-china-russia-gas-deal/

This is what you call a well thought of well balanced deal ​Russia and China seal historic $400bn gas deal

Both parties benefiting
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by musicwriter(m): 9:58am On Apr 20, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
Good.....but

Let's be honest....we should move away from being an exporter of raw materials really. Once the price drops...problems start.

Indeed, we cannot talk about development and diversification of economy until we begin using what we produce (crude oil, cassava, cocoa, palm oil, rubber, e.t.c) to manufacture what we want.

How many cassava do we have to sell to buy an airplane?.

How many litters of palm oil do we have to sell to buy a ship?.
e.t.c.

It's not possible for Africa to trade ourselves out of poverty on raw materials!!. Because, raw materials are dirt cheap and scarce at the same time.

Africa cannot develop until we learn science which will empower us to manufacture everything we need using our own raw materials. We can then ship manufactured goods!. We can even cut off China and western nations and trade among ourselves in Africa.

Imagine where Ghana manufactures airplane, Nigeria manufactures satellites, Kenya manufactures the best cars, South Africa manufacture ships, Zimbabwe manufacture best TVs, Sudan manufacture solar panels, e.t.c all other African nations. What this means is we can trade among ourselves in Africa without need to import from China or western nations. That would be true independence and that's why western nations doesn't want that to happen, cause if this happens western economies would collapse overnight.

Africa cannot develop without investment in grassroots science.

2 Likes

Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by Fickie(m): 10:00am On Apr 20, 2016
yhemsy62:
I have the believe, Nigeria will be a great nation under this administration.
yeah me too
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by ideylaff: 10:01am On Apr 20, 2016
Fickie:
yeah me too

I pay so as well but prayers without action is just Zilch = Zero
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by chekasforchekas: 10:03am On Apr 20, 2016
Long story, I export Gallic to India every month, and small quantity to Malaysia, am now working on exporting to canada which will be the biggest hit of the year, so it's nothing new, we have everything in abundant in Nigeria, just make contacts and live like a king amongs men.
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by ideylaff: 10:06am On Apr 20, 2016
Amanwulu1:
I thk it's bad negotiatn to not insert dis into d agreement in d first place, now it's like begging dem to import our gud into their country to which they are not really obligated cos it's not part of d original contract.

CBN EmefIOLE is full if stories and unfounded lies big time always behind a microphone spitting half he has no clue about.

Just a crying shame the people steering the rudderless ship called Nigeria.

They are all working in silos with each just taking stabs at things

Next we will gave a whole Minister of Finance blogging on ghost workers and stuff

Comical, laughable and sad at the same time
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by akorebami(m): 10:13am On Apr 20, 2016
It has been said that some people will just refuse to see even if their eyes are wide opened. Go meet your pastors and imams to pray for you so can start seeing good news whn you have one around. Sheer hatred with no good reasoning.
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by toluwahala: 10:16am On Apr 20, 2016
Nigeria only produce nigerian, how much china want?we can supply all the igbos.
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by davo3286: 10:17am On Apr 20, 2016
Very good news. They will start importing toothpicks and pencils from nigeria grin
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by Pamelayoung: 10:20am On Apr 20, 2016
princemillla:

Depends on what you want tho. U can easily chat any of the on alibaba

How do you get their contact and make payment.
Pls put me thru on this alibaba stuff.
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by SpitFireKalou: 10:20am On Apr 20, 2016
Pls which materials or iteams r we to export to China.
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by Pamelayoung: 10:23am On Apr 20, 2016
chekasforchekas:
Long story, I export Gallic to India every month, and small quantity to Malaysia, am now working on exporting to canada which will be the biggest hit of the year, so it's nothing new, we have everything in abundant in Nigeria, just make contacts and live like a king amongs men.

Pls can I be ur partner in Biz
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by matozim: 10:31am On Apr 20, 2016
We have to be wise cos importation might have an under tone of devastation..... E don tey wey China dey think of felling trees in naija.
So this na opportunity for them if deal click.
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by chekasforchekas: 10:59am On Apr 20, 2016
Pamelayoung:

Pls can I be ur partner in Biz
in as much as I will want to, this is not the right time for it as am still building it up small small, once deals are made, fiscal companies set up, and demand gets hire, then we can hire people to source for the product. Will update you.
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by amazingspiderma: 11:08am On Apr 20, 2016
import what exactly

still trying to find out what exactly ,is it pipeline vandals,kidnappers, terrorists,corrupt government officials or our beloved herdsmen.

With all due respect,China is currently building and partly funding a nuclear power station in the Uk just to gain diplomatic advantages. In Australia it has signed agreement for Chinese workers to be given job opportunities in return it will open its markets for Australian wines.These are all trade agreements, where mutual benefits are spelt out in black and white.
Not here in Nigeria where people celebrate vague comments just to justify, their fantasy and try to prove a point in favour of their political affiliations.
This is my take,we can offer to transfers most of our overseas scholarship programs to Chinese institutions which is even more cheaper. Send our government employed engineers for training and exchange programs at top Chinese institutions over a long term. We cannot play on the level of China right now,it is the 2nd largest economy in the world and still growing but we can take a strategic long term approach to benefit from her economic policies and technological know how. So that we will not have to reinvent the wheel,but develop faster by learning from her steps to greatness.
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by TheNature: 11:19am On Apr 20, 2016
Say say say,talk talk talk,promise promise promise since before and after election,we need some of these to start work like light,fuel then the rest.people are suffering in this country.
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:22am On Apr 20, 2016
tit:

ha ha ha ha

ha ha ha ha

It will be cheaper if they reduce the cost of Transportation of raw materials and export finished goods from Nigeria. A lot of people do not put into context the money Chinese companies lose by transporting raw materials to China.
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by tuniski: 11:35am On Apr 20, 2016
princemillla:

It's does Bro,

If the govt can be sincere with this deal, then it's a win win for Sharp Nigerians.

I used to convert their rate from rmb to dollars them to naira. The worst part is to buy dollar back then but with this now.

For example : the exchange rate using yuan to naira. 1 naira is 30.1 to 1 Rmb so, it mean if am buying something worth 200 rmb is :
using Direct Rmb

30.1x 200= 6020 naira

Using Usd

1 usd = 6.5 rmb
1usd to naira is 199 ( cbn exchange rate)

Now break it down using our 200 rmb worth of goods

200 rmb is = 30.9 usd
Now 30.9x199=6149

Compare the difference

6149-6020 = 129 naira

Imagine if you are buying in Stocks.

Currency transaction gain or loss doesn't change anything where the problem is structural imbalance. We are a net importer and this swap scam only encourages dumping from China.

It is rent seeking nothing more. U even make it look so elementary even at that it is a scam. Until we have less pressure on forex, adding yuan to our forex basket is just propaganda!

1 Like

Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by hornyman(m): 12:32pm On Apr 20, 2016
tit:

ha ha ha ha

ha ha ha ha

Again, this isn't party! Its about geat thing bound to happen in our great country. Your mind is black this is why your view is one of the very few view that's contrary to the post. Everyone seeing the move as great and in the right direction and your view is going into bush direction. Now who's the zombie if not u? No one talking about party and yet u chipped in party .

Hater of good things, hater of good news. Pls change and start being positive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Economic Crisis: Naira To Fall Further In January, Says CBN Report / Two CBN Directors Arrested For Forex Manipulation / Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.