Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab (1555 Views)

Child Naming In Islam / Ruling On Naming A Daughter After Her Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by Esji80(m): 9:47am On Apr 20, 2016
May the Peace and blessings of Allah be upon our noble Prophet And Servant of Allah Muhammad s.a.w and all who follow his footsteps to the day of recompense ameeen.

I want to name my new born baby boy Mus'ab after Mus'ab bn Umair the first ambassador of Islam. What is the Islamic ruling on naming a child wt sahabas name? Jazakummullahu khaira cc Sissie tbaba1234 babyLolaroy newnas
Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by Newnas(m): 10:38am On Apr 20, 2016
Esji80:
May the Peace and blessings of Allah be upon our noble Prophet And Servant of Allah Muhammad s.a.w and all who follow his footsteps to the day of recompense ameeen.

I want to name my new born baby boy Mus'ab after Mus'ab bn Umair the first ambassador of Islam. What is the Islamic ruling on naming a child wt sahabas name? Jazakummullahu khaira cc Sissie tbaba1234 babyLolaroy newnas

AlhamduliLlah was Solah was Salaam alaa RosuuliLLaah.

In summary, it is permissible rather encouraged to give your child the name of the Sahabah. Because;

# Giving names of righteous people to our children is found in the Quran, sunnah and understanding of the salaf.

Surah Maryam, Verse 28:
يَا أُخْتَ هَارُونَ مَا كَانَ أَبُوكِ امْرَأَ سَوْءٍ وَمَا كَانَتْ أُمُّكِ بَغِيًّا

"O sister (i.e. the like) of Harun (Aaron) [not the brother of Musa (Moses), but he was another pious man at the time of Maryam (Mary)]! Your father was not a man who used to commit adultery, nor your mother was an unchaste woman."
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

So, Maryam alyhassalam had a brother named after prophet Musa's brother who is also a prophet and definitely righteous.

In the sunnah;

The Prophet alyhissolaat wassalaam said regarding the above verse;

They (children of Israel) used to give (their children) the names of their Prophets and righteous men (Muslim)

And the Messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam gave one of his sons the name Ibrahim. (Bukharee)

And Zubayr bn Awwaam the husband of Asmaa in bint Abi Bakr named his nine sons after the martyrs of Badr. (see tasmiyatul maulud by Sheikh Bakr Abu Zayd).

I ask Allah to Bless your baby boy and make him a blessing to himself, his parents and the whole ummah in this world and the hereafter.

2 Likes

Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by Esji80(m): 10:47am On Apr 20, 2016
Newnas:

AlhamduliLlah was Solah was Salaam alaa RosuuliLLaah.

In summary, it is permissible rather encouraged to give your child the name of the Sahabah. Because;

# Giving names of righteous people to our children is found in the Quran, sunnah and understanding of the salaf.

Surah Maryam, Verse 28:
يَا أُخْتَ هَارُونَ مَا كَانَ أَبُوكِ امْرَأَ سَوْءٍ وَمَا كَانَتْ أُمُّكِ بَغِيًّا

"O sister (i.e. the like) of Harun (Aaron) [not the brother of Musa (Moses), but he was another pious man at the time of Maryam (Mary)]! Your father was not a man who used to commit adultery, nor your mother was an unchaste woman."
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

So, Maryam alyhassalam had a brother named after prophet Musa's brother who is also a prophet and definitely righteous.

In the sunnah;

The Prophet alyhissolaat wassalaam said regarding the above verse;

They (children of Israel) used to give (their children) the names of their Prophets and righteous men (Muslim)

And the Messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam gave one of his sons the name Ibrahim. (Bukharee)

And Zubayr bn Awwaam the husband of Asmaa in bint Abi Bakr named his nine sons after the martyrs of Badr. (see tasmiyatul maulud by Sheikh Bakr Abu Zayd).

I ask Allah to Bless your baby boy and make him a blessing to himself, his parents and the whole ummah in this world and the hereafter.
ameeen thumma ameeen.Allahu akbar.May Allah S.W.T reward you abundantly ameeen.I am grateful.

1 Like

Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by Sissie(f): 7:37pm On Apr 20, 2016
Congratulations on the birth of your baby, May Allah guide and protect him.

Musab is a very fine Name, and Musab ibn Umayr a great sahaba.

And congratulations on your wedding, I remember when we used to discuss on the singles thread, you didn't invite us to come and eat rice. grin

3 Likes

Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by Newnas(m): 12:05pm On Apr 21, 2016
Sissie:

And congratulations on your wedding, I remember when we used to discuss on the singles thread, you didn't invite us to come and eat rice. grin

Hope we will eat the rice of the naming (cool
Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by Sissie(f): 1:49pm On Apr 21, 2016
Newnas:

Abi

1 Like

Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by Esji80(m): 12:02pm On Apr 22, 2016
Sissie:

Ameeen thumma ameeen, thanks alot sister. I am sorry for not inviting you to come and eat rice.The Muslim singles thread was an educating and entertaining thread ;it has been silent for over a year.This makes me not to post the wedding IV. May Allah reward you abundantly.ameeen
Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by Esji80(m): 12:13pm On Apr 22, 2016
Newnas:

In sha Allah,If you can come down to d north grin
Newnas:

You are highly welcome.
Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by Newnas(m): 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2016
Esji80:
In sha Allah,If you can come down to d north grin You are highly welcome.

Hmmm cool Baarakallaahu feek
Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by Esji80(m): 3:02pm On Apr 22, 2016
Newnas:

Hmmm cool Baarakallaahu feek
Jazakumullahu khaira
Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by babylolaroy(f): 12:37pm On May 02, 2016
Esji80:

newnas has answered you adequately inshaaAllah. may Allah s.w.t make the boy the coolness of your eyes, the joy of your life and the mother's, the helper of the poor, the doer of righteousness and a Muhsin... baarakAllahu fiihi

3 Likes

Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by Newnas(m): 2:38pm On May 02, 2016
babylolaroy:

newnas has answered you adequately inshaaAllah. may Allah s.w.t make the boy the coolness of your eyes, the joy of your life and the mother's, the helper of the poor, the doer of righteousness and a Muhsin... baarakAllahu fiihi

Aameen.

1 Like

Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by Esji80(m): 6:05pm On May 02, 2016
babylolaroy:

ameeen thumma ameeen;I feel honored wt these words of prayers.The boy has been named Mus'ab after Mus'ab Ibn Umair on 24th April,2016.May Allah s.w.t reward you all abundantly.For the married ,may Allah bless ur marriage and for d singles may Allah grant u righteous spouses who shall strive wt u in quest of Aljannatul firadaus ameeen.Barrister Waduda,Sisie and newnas I am grateful.Jazakumullahu khaira

3 Likes

Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by Newnas(m): 8:14pm On May 02, 2016
Esji80:
ameeen thumma ameeen;I feel honored wt these words of prayers.The boy has been named Mus'ab after Mus'ab Ibn Umair on 24th April,2016.May Allah s.w.t reward you all abundantly.For the married ,may Allah bless ur marriage and for d singles may Allah grant u righteous spouses who shall strive wt u in quest of Aljannatul firadaus ameeen.Barrister Waduda,Sisie and newnas I am grateful.Jazakumullahu khaira

Aameen.

2 Likes

Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by babylolaroy(f): 10:18am On May 04, 2016
Esji80:

wa iyyaka...@barrister Waduudah..am blushing
Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by Esji80(m): 11:00am On May 04, 2016
babylolaroy:

wa iyyaka...@barrister Waduudah..am blushing
lol Ummu Nusaybah,,no blush oo. Are you not a barrister or u b Senior Advocate of Nigeria SAN?
Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by babylolaroy(f): 7:45am On May 06, 2016
Esji80:
lol Ummu Nusaybah,,no blush oo. Are you not a barrister or u b Senior Advocate of Nigeria SAN?

inshaaAllah oooo...am still in 500level
Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by Esji80(m): 8:15am On May 06, 2016
babylolaroy:

inshaaAllah oooo...am still in 500level
Ma sha Allahu slow n steady;u'll in sha Allahu get there.May Allah swt grant u long life and success in all your endeavours.Best wishes and Allah's guidance sister

1 Like

Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by Newnas(m): 9:01am On May 06, 2016
Esji80:
Ma sha Allahu slow n steady;u'll in sha Allahu get there.May Allah swt grant u long life and success in all your endeavours.Best wishes and Allah's guidance sister

Aameen

1 Like

Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by Sissie(f): 12:52pm On May 06, 2016
Esji80:
Ameeen thumma ameeen, thanks alot sister. I am sorry for not inviting you to come and eat rice.The Muslim singles thread was an educating and entertaining thread ;it has been silent for over a year.This makes me not to post the wedding IV. May Allah reward you abundantly.ameeen

True, amin. May Allah reward you abundantly too. Ameen

1 Like

Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by Esji80(m): 12:56pm On May 06, 2016
Sissie:

True, amin. May Allah reward you abundantly too. Ameen
ameen,thank you
Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by babylolaroy(f): 6:25pm On May 06, 2016
Esji80:

Aameen..ex-Abu Nusaybah
Re: Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab by Esji80(m): 7:38pm On May 06, 2016
babylolaroy:

Aameen..ex-Abu Nusaybah
hhaHh Ummu Nusaybah,I still adore d alkunya Abu-Nusaybah. If Allah swt bless me wt a baby gal, she will be named Nusaybah in sha Allah... I love d name Nusaybah.She was a great companion of our noble Prophet Muhammad pbuh

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Let's Celebrate Rashidi Yekini / Whats The Best Way To Approach A Muslim Sister You Love.. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.