Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,367 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

kkk - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / kkk (1069 Views)

Which Trans Fluid Is Right For Mercedes Suv / Urgent Help Needed My Car Is Missing / Suggestions For Best Prices For Mercedes Benz C320, Any Of 2006, 2007 Or 2008... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

kkk by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 20, 2016
guymandspecies
Re: kkk by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 21, 2016
Where exactly is this "ringing sound" coming from (inside the vehicle or engine area) & what is the ringtone?
Re: kkk by mayor2013: 10:04am On Apr 21, 2016
0rex:

Where exactly is this "ringing sound" coming from (inside the vehicle or engine area) & what is the ringtone?

Ring tone is "goro goro" grin
Re: kkk by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 21, 2016
mayor2013:

Ring tone is "goro goro" grin
grin
Re: kkk by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 22, 2016
0rex:

I don't know much about cars but it's from the right side of the car. It sounds like d way some kettles sound once the water boils. Sometimes it doesn't sound @ all.
Re: kkk by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 22, 2016
Your A/C's blower motor most likely needs to be serviced. Does the sound change when you change your A/C to low or high?
Re: kkk by Inception(m): 3:39pm On Apr 22, 2016
Bro.
that is what is called 'Engine pinging'

Possible causes:
1. Low coolant in radiator causing overheating ( u may need a scanner to tell u the actual engine temperature)

2. Carbon buildup in engine causing 'Hot spots' when engine is hot and under load

3. Quality of fuel u may have bought (God save us in this country)

$. Bad top gasket/ waterpump/ Thermostat ( causing over heating as in point 1)

5. Bad or unconnected Engine knock sensors (CEL should be on if this is the case.)
Re: kkk by Nobody: 12:17am On Apr 23, 2016
0rex:
Your A/C's blower motor most likely needs to be serviced. Does the sound change when you change your A/C to low or high?

It stops once the A.C. is switched off
Re: kkk by Nobody: 12:19am On Apr 23, 2016
Inception:
Bro.
that is what is called 'Engine pinging'

Possible causes:
1. Low coolant in radiator causing overheating ( u may need a scanner to tell u the actual engine temperature)

2. Carbon buildup in engine causing 'Hot spots' when engine is hot and under load

3. Quality of fuel u may have bought (God save us in this country)

$. Bad top gasket/ waterpump/ Thermostat ( causing over heating as in point 1)

5. Bad or unconnected Engine knock sensors (CEL should be on if this is the case.)

Thanks sir. The sound only comes up when the A.C. is on
Re: kkk by 4labi: 9:12am On Apr 23, 2016
I have the same problem too with my E200 Millenium...once my AC is on the noise comes up...there's thing like and absorber which the fan belt and radiator hose are connected to...the Ladipo spare part boyz call it "Damper" or "Adjuster". Once its bad, it does that. If u put on ur engine and ac, and u go press hard on it with a spanner or something, the sound stops...just drive to Ladipo and try sort it out but I sincerely have the same ish and dats wot's wrong wit mine...ac off, sound off. Don't let dem touch ur compressor or timing chain protector oh, na the "Damper" / "Adjuster"
Re: kkk by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 23, 2016
4labi:
I have the same problem too with my E200 Millenium...once my AC is on the noise comes up...there's thing like and absorber which the fan belt and radiator hose are connected to...the Ladipo spare part boyz call it "Damper" or "Adjuster". Once its bad, it does that. If u put on ur engine and ac, and u go press hard on it with a spanner or something, the sound stops...just drive to Ladipo and try sort it out but I sincerely have the same ish and dats wot's wrong wit mine...ac off, sound off. Don't let dem touch ur compressor or timing chain protector oh, na the "Damper" / "Adjuster"

Thanks bro. Bless you. How much will it cost. Why have you not fixed yours.
Re: kkk by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2016
guymanDspecies:

It stops once the A.C. is switched off
You didn't answer my question.
When next the noise starts, change the fan speed from low to high in turn to know if the frequency of the noise changes.
Re: kkk by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2016
Damper/adjuster noise is usually a tapping or knocking type of noise and should not be dependent on solely the engagement of the compressor, I might be wrong sha since the poster above is convinced it is the cause, based on 'similar experience'.

The surest other possibility to the blower which I suspected due to the region you said the noise is coming from is a bad compressor bearing or clutch.
Re: kkk by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 23, 2016
0rex:

Sorry just saw the question now. I've never tried that. I only switch off d A/C and d noise stops. But sometimes even if d A.C. is on d noise doesn't come up oh.
Re: kkk by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 23, 2016
guymanDspecies:

Sorry just saw the question now. I've never tried that. I only switch off d A/C and d noise stops. But sometimes even if d A.C. is on d noise doesn't come up oh.
Ok boss. Pls check when next the noise comes up & try to pinpoint exactly where it is coming from: inside the car or engine area. Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Osama Bin-laden’s Family Airplane Crashes Into Car Auction / Should You Turn Off The A/C System Before Shutting Off Your Car’s Engine? / Custom Duty Underpayment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.