Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,276 members, 7,807,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! (123669 Views)

These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB / Peter And Mary Odili's PAMO University Of Medical Sciences, Port Harcourt (Photo / Application Letter Written By A Female Graduate Of Federal Poly Nekede (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by buzoo: 3:04pm On Apr 22, 2016
themall:
Part 3
Radiographers are not all fat salary earners. However, the opportunities to achieve your short term and long term goals abound.
The opportunities begin with recognition given to them. Notice how radiographers Youth Corpers are treated during the service year. They are most likely to be give accommodation by the authorities whether in the city or in a remote village! Even Doctor Corpers may end up having to fend for himself. Am not sure of nurses.
Other opportunities are from the fact that their services are perpetually in demand whereas the personnel are always few. Even where a lab technician or an expert radiologist is present, and they know how to carry out every diagnostic procedure, they MUST NOT carry out any radiographic diagnostic procedure unless by that qualified radiographer.

The cost of an education in radiography is the same as medical lab tech or science. The practice is guarded and regulated by an association of radiographers with a radiographers registration council. This means every radiographer is documented and licenced to practice radiography in Nigeria. This of course has resulted in a well protected profession in Nigeria and all over the world. Not all radiographers have to practice in an hospital environment. There are consultants, administrators, educators and other assignments to be taken up. All of this people MUST be licenced radiographers.
Radiography practice is also gender friendly and gender neutral. There is no bias often associated with engineering, aircraft pilots or nursing.

So while many are busy crying about job hunting, job insecurity waisted number of years searching for employment, admissions or traveling abroad just consider radiography, a profession often overlooked because it remains relatively unknown.

@themall: Pls I have some enquiries to make concerning the Radiography course which I hope u can help me with. I hav a B.Sc degree in Biochemistry and I wud rily luv 2 obtain a Master degree in Radiography considering all its benefits u ve listed on this thread. Pls, I will like 2 find out if any University in Nigeria offers it as a Master course and if it is possible 2 study it @ dat Level and practice afterwards or if one must be required 2 start from the scratch again. 2ndly, I will want 2 knw the average income of a certified, qualified, licensed and practising Radiographer here in Nigeria. Pls reply, thank u.
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 22, 2016
buzoo:

@themall: Pls I have some enquiries to make concerning the Radiography course which I hope u can help me with. I hav a B.Sc degree in Biochemistry and I wud rily luv 2 obtain a Master degree in Radiography considering all its benefits u ve listed on this thread. Pls, I will like 2 find out if any University in Nigeria offers it as a Master course and if it is possible 2 study it @ dat Level and practice afterwards or if one must be required 2 start from the scratch again. 2ndly, I will want 2 knw the average income of a certified, qualified, licensed and practising Radiographer here in Nigeria. Pls reply, thank u.

1. This is what am told is obtaining up until 2014: The DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS are as follows:
(1) UNICAL accepts:
b) accepts B.SC in Physical or Biological sciences plus O/Level requirements.
(2) UNIZIK requires A' level credit pass in Physics. Accepts London International Baccalaureate.
(3) UNIMAID accepts DIR/DCR registered with radiographers Board of Nigeria plus O' level requirements.

2. In the U.K. a Master of Science (MSc) in Diagnostic Radiography or Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) in Diagnostic Radiography are qualifications that will enable you to apply for registration, as a diagnostic radiographer, with the Health and Care Professions Council; this is a requirement for employment within the UK.
However a BSc and same registration, qualifies a person to practice.

3. Salary (From F.G. point of view)
Principal And Chief Radiographer
Possibly possessing a B.Sc in Radiography or DCR/DIR in Radiography and minimum of 8 years experience is about = 2.1 million p.a.

Assistant Chief Radiographer (Medical Imaging Scientist)
May possess BSc. (Medical Radiology) and a registration with Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria (RRBN) as well as nine (9) years working experience (usually with experience in ultra-sonography) = N1.9 Million p.a

Principal Radiographer (Medical Imaging Scientist)
BSc (Medical Radiology or its equivalent) and a registration with Radiographer Registration Board of Nigeria as well as six (6) years working experience and experience in ultra-sonography =1.6 Million p.a.

Radiographer (Imaging Scientist) - B.Sc (Medical Radiology) and registration with Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria Candidates with experience in ultra-sonography = 1.51Million p.a.

Assistant Radiographer (Imaging Scientist) - Diploma in Medical Radiography from a recognized institution with registration with Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria = N500, 000 (I'm not two sure of this, but am a little close)
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 22, 2016
olowodaddy:

At the moment not possible in Nigeria, not sure of the UK, but I also doubt. I don't know much of ur curriculum in Chemistry but I doubt if u do much of anatomy, physiology, pathology which are very essential for ur foundation in the program
That's right.
1. Anatomy and Physiology
2. Pathology
-
3. Care of Patients (Nursing)
4. Radio-Biology
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by fame12k(m): 3:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
themall:
That's right.
1. Anatomy and Physiology
2. Pathology
-
3. Care of Patients (Nursing)
4. Radio-Biology

Pls do u know if BUK accepts DE into their radiography programme? Thanks.
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2016
fame12k:

Pls do u know if BUK accepts DE into their radiography programme? Thanks.
Not sure about BUK.Try Brochure
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by fame12k(m): 9:30am On Jun 03, 2016
themall:
Not sure about BUK.Try Brochure

Thanks for your prompt response, buk not in d brochure for DE.

For UNILAG they accepts very good passes in three JUPEB/A-LEVEL subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology.

That means some1 with BSC Anatomy has a better chance right?
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 03, 2016
fame12k:

Thanks for your prompt response, buk not in d brochure for DE.

For UNILAG they accepts very good passes in three JUPEB/A-LEVEL subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology.

That means some1 with BSC Anatomy has a better chance right?
I asked someone and it seems the guidelines is rigid. No Anatomy. In BUK you have to take you document to the department. The department might ask you to apply. But sorry I don't have experience with what is not directly stated for admissions.
I mean if you write a formal letter to the department, you will have a more genuine reply than the general opinion of the (past) admission officer that I asked from.
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by ERCROSS(m): 5:15am On Jun 12, 2016
mzteemarh:
So insightful, but I prefer medical physics though.
May I ask pls..
is that ur field of study ?
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 12, 2016
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by fetxtra: 8:36am On Jul 16, 2016
Please anyone with details of how to enroll into school of radiography yaba Lagos or university of Lagos radiography department with first degree of b.sc Microbiology. thanks
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by drnoel: 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2016
cjkelvin:
Proudly a rad boy

I have respect for u guys but where I draw the line is where u people insist on doing reports and the work of radiologists.
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by depaparazy: 1:53am On Sep 05, 2016
themall plx can I have ur number..?? will be needing a little assistance from you. WhatsApp number mainly.. Radiography Aspirant.
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by depaparazy: 1:54am On Sep 05, 2016
themall plx can I have ur number..?? will be needing a little assistance from you. WhatsApp number mainly.. Radiography Aspirant. here is mine >>08039718736
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by depaparazy: 1:56am On Sep 05, 2016
themall plx can I have ur number..?? will be needing a little assistance from you. WhatsApp number mainly.. Radiography Aspirant. here is mine >>08039718736
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by EbonyCy(f): 9:54am On Sep 06, 2016
I love d course,I wish its possible to study it under PGD and masters level than starting afresh
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by johnyumez(m): 1:49pm On Nov 14, 2016
WOW im so happy i bumped into dis topic... im a fresher studying radiography at unn.. its realy nice to hear frm our elders in d field.. thnx OP for this..i made sure i read thru evrytn..and i was enlightend nd motivated....thnx 2 d debate from "themail"and "drNoel" i enjoyd it lol.. i'd b doing more research and wld kip folown ds thread nd wld love to hear 4rm u guys more.... cheers!

3 Likes

Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by drnoel: 2:23pm On Nov 14, 2016
johnyumez:
WOW im so happy i bumped into dis topic... im a fresher studying radiography at unn.. its realy nice to hear frm our elders in d field.. thnx OP for this..i made sure i read thru evrytn..and i was enlightend nd motivated....thnx 2 d debate from "themail"and "drNoel" i enjoyd it lol.. i'd b doing more research and wld kip folown ds thread nd wld love to hear 4rm u guys more.... cheers!

Thanks to u too for reading. Themail is obviously an expert in his field and I give such people optimum respect. The discrimination we doctors have for other health oriented areas like radiography is not justified I must say and should be looked at by our elders. That is not to say that the respect doctors (in this case radiologist) deserve should be underestimated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by drnoel: 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2016
EbonyCy:
I love d course,I wish its possible to study it under PGD and masters level than starting afresh

It can be studied inder postgraduate level and masters but one must have a foreknowledge and a degree in that field before being accepted.
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by johnyumez(m): 4:26pm On Nov 14, 2016
PLS oh i would like to knw d current CONHESS salary scale for radiographers..
@drnoel are u a FG worker? if yes..are u paid through CONHESS SCALE OR CONMESS SCALE?

1 Like

Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by columbushenry(m): 1:23am On Mar 16, 2017
johnyumez:
@drnoel are u a FG worker? if yes..are u paid through CONHESS SCALE OR CONMESS SCALE?
Its conhess 9 but its salary is at 1.15m p.a thats 2 years ago
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by drnoel: 8:59am On Mar 16, 2017
johnyumez:

No am not an FG staff neither am I a radiographer. I work for a multinational which takes me far from naija most times. I am a radiologist
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by EbonyCy(f): 6:49am On Apr 25, 2017
drnoel:

It can be studied inder postgraduate level and masters but one must have a foreknowledge and a degree in that field before being accepted.

I studied human anatomy...is it possible drnoel?
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by drnoel: 8:29am On Apr 25, 2017
EbonyCy:

I studied human anatomy...is it possible drnoel?
U'd have to do ur research to confirm but its probable
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by osebaba2013: 8:40am On Jun 30, 2017
This is just to educate @moffymichael that latest and advanced diagnosis technologies such CT scan, MRI scan, etc, are all included in the curriculum of the radiography. A graduate of radiography will definitely have a knowledge of all the latest advanced imaging diagnosis devices in the world. Ask those from UNILAG/LUTH, they are expected to do their IT in hospitals dat has these machines. So it's part of their training.
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Acecube(m): 5:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
benardnwaorgu:
ENTREPRENEURSHIP STUDIES. Have you ever seen an unemployed entrepreneur? We are self made
what type of entrepreneurship are you into?
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Acecube(m): 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
prinsam30:
one thing I know for sure is that, as far ur a Scientist, it doesn't really matter what kind of scientist, it can be Furniture Scientist, Senatorial Scientist or even Presidential Scientist, Scientist na scientist, u must get work ni anyhow

I'm a Computer Scientist/Engineer, I don't beg for work and my work is based on contract.

because already I have a work which pays me monthly, so my people to be a scientist no be maimai oooo

just try study anything relating to science and Boom u Don blow b that oooo
wow, Sir is it applicable to Anatomy, I read it.
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Acecube(m): 5:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
INDESTRUCTABLEX:
I must correct a notion. Studying radiography because it is a hot cake will not guarantee success.

We are where we are today, having thousands of unemployable graduates because they were forced to study medicine, law, or engineering. Ask most microbiologists, they opted for the cause because they were rejected in Medicine.

My point is this, instead of trying to cajole people to study a particular course because of its future prospects, parents and our educational setting should encourage children to pursue what they are passionate about.
Up until this point, I didn't know what radiography was all about. So as a recommendation, schools should have career days as obtainable abroad. This will open the eyes of students to the world beyond.

Louis Armstrong one of the greatest Jazz musicians once went for an audition and he couldn't sing past 2 sofa notations properly. He was told that he doesn't have what it takes. He responded by saying "nothing can keep me out". The rest is history.

The world is built is such a way that everybody has a unique role to play. We have spoilt our world because we have too many imitations. Be unique, pursue your dreams even when no one believes in you, because at the end, the world rewards and recognises those who are exceptional and unique.
wow...
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by prinsam30: 9:00pm On Jul 22, 2017
Acecube:
wow, Sir is it applicable to Anatomy, I read it.

Yeah, it is applicable somehow sha, let's look at it this way......

Anatomy is the branch of biology which deals with the study of the structure of organisms and their parts

while

Radiography is an imaging technique using X-rays to view the internal structure of an object.

Anatomy deals with the study of the structure using sophisticated equipment such like X-rays to view the internal structure of the human body, animals alike, here comes in Radiography

u see, one needs the other

1 Like

Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by ojayfrancis(m): 7:14am On Jul 23, 2017
Pls some one advise me, can i get radiography in usmanu danfodiyo sokoto with 226 jamb

1 Like

Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by caasi220(m): 11:24pm On Jul 29, 2017
ojayfrancis:
Pls some one advise me, can i get radiography in usmanu danfodiyo sokoto with 226 jamb
add up 09033893138
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by Salamsean: 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2017
I realy love this course, Please room did anybdy knw if i wil b admited to study radiograhy in any of the university with HND in microbiology.
Re: No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! by arinzos(m): 7:49pm On Sep 24, 2017
Salamsean:
I realy love this course, Please room did anybdy knw if i wil b admited to study radiograhy in any of the university with HND in microbiology.
You should be specific with respect to the school you want to be admitted into.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Amazing Facts (photos) / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.