Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,940 members, 7,799,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Guys, Girls And Soccer. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys, Girls And Soccer. (4197 Views)

Guys & Girls That Wear Glasses Are Safe To Date - Opinion / Sorry Guys, Girls Want Tall, Fair And Handsome Like Thin Tall Tony / Lesson i Learnt Today About Girls And Their Way Of Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys, Girls And Soccer. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 20, 2016
There's always been this, you know, ongoing debate about girls not being really interested in soccer. That isn't true in all scenarios though.

Let's imagine this scenario :

A lady is with her man. Probably, his friends join them (with their lovers for company) and the normal socialization takes place. Just a gathering of six to eight persons lounging on sofas in a large sitting room. A light meal is served. Just pastries and soft drinks then as the socializing continues, a soccer game comes up on TV.

Let's pause here. cheesy I bet most of you are expecting the women would protest? Well, not really. See, the only reason why women protest about watching football is because some men wholly indulge in it. She'd protest 'cause her man gives up time for both of them to bond and sort out issues for football instead. What the women feel is exactly what men feel when women fold their legs and recoil on a sofa watching Telemundo and ZeeWorld.

Back to that gathering : As long as each man doesn't ignore his woman, the women would be alright with them participating. The women might even cheer you on and ask those annoying questions women ask about football.

The bottomline is: since football (and sports in general) is regarded as entertainment, men should create scenarios or atmospheres that make women want to enjoy it too with them. What's more? THERE'D BE LESSER QUARRELS ABOUT MEN'S FOOTBALL OBSESSIONS. cheesy

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by Maxi112: 1:30pm On Apr 20, 2016
Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by JigsawKillah(m): 1:36pm On Apr 20, 2016
mimzy:
There's always been this, you know, ongoing debate about girls not being really interested in soccer. That isn't true in all scenarios though.
Let's imagine this scenario :

A lady is with her man. Probably, his friends join them (with their lovers for company) and the normal socialization takes place. Just a gathering of six to eight persons lounging on sofas in a large sitting room. A light meal is served. Just pastries and soft drinks then as the socializing continues, a soccer game comes up on TV.

Let's pause here. cheesy I bet most of you are expecting the women would protest? Well, not really. See, the only reason why women protest about watching football is because some men wholly indulge in it. She'd protest 'cause her man gives up time for both of them to bond and sort out issues for football instead. What the women feel is exactly what men feel when women fold their legs and recoil on a sofa watching Telemundo and ZeeWorld.

You were making sense until you mentioned telemundo and zeeworld. Does it add anything to their lives? And if a guy decides to sideline his chick for soccer, the reason is quite obvious; she's maybe a nagger, or a dirty girl, or she disgusts him and he sees football as a way out.

Back to that gathering : As long as each man doesn't ignore his woman, the women would be alright with them participating. The women might even cheer you on and ask those annoying questions women ask about football.

If a chick asks me those type of questions, I'll simply ignore and tell her to just support the guys donning the blue and blue jerseys grin

The bottomline is: since football (and sports in general) is regarded as entertainment, men should create scenarios or atmospheres that make women want to enjoy it too with them. What's more? THERE'D BE LESSER QUARRELS ABOUT MEN'S FOOTBALL OBSESSIONS. cheesy

They should either like it or they should stop watching TV at all and should stop hating us when we prioritize football over spending time with them.

Check my siggy for more info
Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by MRNipples(m): 1:37pm On Apr 20, 2016
Hmm very true @op. well u know this is a reason why as a guy u ought to know her very well b4 starting a relationship with her, honestly there are some ladies that practically hates football, no mata what, they will still protest when it is being aired on tv, dats why i in particular can never, as in never go into a relationship with a lady that hates football, its a huge turn off for me, atleast even though she dnt love football, she should atleast for LOVE sake learn to start loving it. but some ladies dnt even want to learn and that affects her relationship with her partner badly. well enough said and done, guys too should learn to make their partners start loving football by purchasing jerseys for them, trunks of the football team you or they support, go outing together and play football on d beach, that way when both of you sit down on the sofa to watch on tv, it will be fun and romantic bcaus she too is interested in the team that will beat your team, thereby the ignore part will not be there anymore.
Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 20, 2016
Maxi112:
Space booker. Its not like you have anything reasonable to say.

4 Likes

Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by postmann: 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2016
So true! Make the room a little dimly lit. Let the only source of light be the rays coming from the TV. Let her rest her head on your chest, feeling your heart beat for her and your team.

Give her one peck for each dribble from your team
one full french kiss for each goal
But for a defeat....I'm at a loss here. Make una help me out.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by AccidentalGenius: 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2016
Uh... My female friends watch sports cause they're genuinely interested in it and it's fun.

There's no need to create some silly scenario just cause she wants to pretend to enjoy sports
Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by Maxi112: 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2016
Urlando:

who told u I don't have??

lemme eat! I will modify
Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by Abbeyunique2(m): 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2016
She knws that i so much love my football matches. when there is a football match (esp champions league), nothing can take me away from it. not food, not sex. #halamadrid #Upsooting
Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by firstking01(m): 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2016
I just have this speciaL thing for girLs that Loves footbaLL cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by HurricaneMIMZY: 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2016
Urlando:

No, he doesn't. They flock around Mimzy like bugs to a light source 'cause Mimzy's intelligence has a unique allure rivalled only by her beauty. Please don't blame them for being attracted to her.

About the thread : Succinctly put. Mimzy articulately addresses a topical relationship issue.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by Cutezt(m): 1:47pm On Apr 20, 2016
you see why I love this girl ba?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by Maxi112: 1:49pm On Apr 20, 2016
firstking01:
I just have this speciaL thing for girLs who love footbaLL cool
u see ur life??

no wonder u busy supporting that babe against me
Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by KingRex1(m): 1:49pm On Apr 20, 2016
Hurricanemimzy... Chop knuckle. You're observant.

BtW Mimzy keep bribin us with ur alluring thread.. Jus konitnue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by HurricaneMIMZY: 1:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
Monalisa185:
I'm coming too, gimme 1 hour

meanwhile, please check my signature
skarlett:
that's true

anyways kindly check my signature, thanks kiss

If it takes you girls one hour to articulate a comment to appraise this short yet brilliantly written article by Mimzy, I suppose it tells a lot about your intelligence quotients.

Come on, girls, emulate Mimzy. Be smart. Prove Romance Section females are smart too. Join Mimzy is championing the cause for members of your gender.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by MRNipples(m): 1:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
HurricaneMIMZY:

No, he doesn't. They flock around Mimzy like bugs to a light source 'cause Mimzy's intelligence has a unique allure rivalled only by her beauty. Please don't blame them for being attracted to her.

About the thread : Succinctly put. Mimzy articulately addresses a topical relationship issue.

cc mimzy this guy will drive away ur supporters. as in he is doing more harm to you. caution him.
Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by youngdanee(m): 1:55pm On Apr 20, 2016
MRNipples:
cc mimzy this guy will drive away ur supporters. as in he is doing more harm to you. caution him.
what do expect from a team like this

peeps... always looking for whom to bash at any slightest opportunity..

we r watching with cool interest
Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by youngdanee(m): 1:56pm On Apr 20, 2016
MRNipples:
what do expect from a team like that

Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 20, 2016
Sensible post... Niceee

MRNipples:
Hmm very true @op. well u know this is a reason why as a guy u ought to know her very well b4 starting a relationship with her, honestly there are some ladies that practically hates football, no mata what, they will still protest when it is being aired on tv, dats why i in particular can never, as in never go into a relationship with a lady that hates football, its a huge turn off for me, atleast even though she dnt love football, she should atleast for LOVE sake learn to start loving it. but some ladies dnt even want to learn and that affects her relationship with her partner badly. well enough said and done, guys too should learn to make their partners start loving football by purchasing jerseys for them, trunks of the football team you or they support, go outing together and play football on d beach, that way when both of you sit down on the sofa to watch on tv, it will be fun and romantic bcaus she too is interested in the team that will beat your team, thereby the ignore part will not be there anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by JigsawKillah(m): 1:56pm On Apr 20, 2016
Urlando:

This is why you will die single.

Cheers! cheesy

grin grin
I do have a list of smart GFs and would've promised you a spot... But you're not sounding smart
Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by firstking01(m): 1:59pm On Apr 20, 2016
Maxi112:
u see ur life??
You mean maxitygrin??
Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by firstking01(m): 1:59pm On Apr 20, 2016
Maxi112:
u see ur life??

You mean maxity, your crushgrin??
Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 20, 2016
Abbeyunique2:
She knws that i so much love my football matches. when there is a football match (esp champions league), nothing can take me away from it. not food, not sex. #halamadrid #Upsooting

Hehehehe... Lolz..but you can build up her interest.
Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by postmann: 2:01pm On Apr 20, 2016
MRNipples:

True. But a woman who truly loves her man will at least share some likeness, no matter how little in what he loves. Just like a man who truly loves his woman will share some tolerance in their flowery soap operas.
Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 20, 2016
JigsawKillah:

grin grin
I do have a list of smart GFs and would've promised you a spot... But you're not sounding smart

Did u hear my voice? Aren't you supposed to be smart before attracting smart women? No wonder your I.Q level falls faster than rain.

Goodbye! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by optional1(f): 2:03pm On Apr 20, 2016
Dey (Guys) wil not hear.

Am d one who is even briefing my male frnds abt soccer nd dy wil keep wondering hw come I no so much abt soccer. Dey tink dey r d only ones who loves d entertainment soccer brings to d table.
Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by Armanee: 2:03pm On Apr 20, 2016
postmann:
So true! Make the room a little dimly lit. Let the only source of light be the rays coming from the TV. Let her rest her head on your chest, feeling your heart beat for her and your team.

Y'all will be making luv before halftime! cheesy
postmann:

Head on shoulder wont work.. A chilled bottle of his brand with some suya might do the trick. grin

@Topic.. Soccer is boring for some women but some snuggling with their man during the match could make them seem interested.

HOWEVER.. If your man is the dramatic type who kicks & throws imaginary balls in the heat of the moment, stay far far away from him! grin
Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 20, 2016
postmann:

Lolz, for a defeat, she will just quietly take her head off your chest, retreat slowly into the kitchen, make you a very sumptuous meal, and feed you grin. Then you guys can retire for the night... wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Girls And Soccer. by MRNipples(m): 2:04pm On Apr 20, 2016
youngdanee:
what do expect from a team like that

what pains me is that the lady in question contesting is a nice lady, but her the guys in her camp has past records of online bullying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairalanders!!! Please Save My Relationship, I Believe In You All / 10 Things People Suffering From Myopia Can Relate To / Funny Relationship Pictures Come And Laugh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.