Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) (56175 Views)

"I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi / Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Lilimax(f): 4:35pm On Apr 20, 2016
Njo @ the last picture embarassed
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Houseofglam7(f): 4:36pm On Apr 20, 2016
joeblaze:
Sidon there... He get plenty fuel. I dey go greet am tomorrow, u get empty jerry can wey i fit use ?

Lead d way, I dey ya back.
*grabs a jerrycan*
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by prinsam30: 4:36pm On Apr 20, 2016
Swaggerlicious king queen
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 20, 2016
na bike we go share as i no get money for cab..
Houseofglam7:

Lead d way, I dey ya back.
*grabs a jerrycan*

1 Like

Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by iamrealdeji(m): 4:37pm On Apr 20, 2016
Swaggalicious king. Long live the King. Long life to you Sir
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 20, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
southwest kings undecided

and you compare all these criminals(omi of ife, oba rilwayne001 of lagos) to the OBA OF ALL obas, OBA OF BENIN undecided undecided undecided undecided
will you shut up.
How is the Ooni of ife a criminal? why abusing other people's traditional ruler.
And yes, Ooni of Ife is higher and more influential than Oba of benin.
The Ooni controls One of the biggest tribes in Nigeria, Yorubas.
The Oba of Benin is just controlling a people who make up just Edo state.
The difference is clear.

8 Likes

Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Houseofglam7(f): 4:39pm On Apr 20, 2016
joeblaze:
na bike we go share as i no get money for cab..

Lol, brotherly, ya condition is critical cheesy
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by atikubaba(m): 4:45pm On Apr 20, 2016
Long live my king .
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 20, 2016
justmenoni:
why the reporter no kuku shook the phone for the woman mouth?
Don't mind the "woman being"
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by TANTUMERGO007(m): 4:46pm On Apr 20, 2016
Adaure4ever:
will you shut up.
How is the Ooni of ife a criminal? why abusing other people's traditional ruler.
And yes, Ooni of Ife is higher and more influential than Oba of benin.
The Ooni controls One of the biggest tribes in Nigeria, Yorubas.
The Oba of Benin is just controlling a people who make up just Edo state.
The difference is clear.

sorry love, remember you omi of ife was at a time declared wanted by EFCC smiley
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 20, 2016
My dear,make baba God pick up my call.. angry angry angry
Houseofglam7:

Lol, brotherly, ya condition is critical cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Simplymeah: 4:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
God bless d new king! May your reign be peaceful
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by sweetgala(m): 4:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
All these young kings who are so quick to burn out like a supernova.

They seem interesting but beyond their modern trappings which leaves the gullible youth captivated by wealth and flash(SWAG) they have no concrete things to offer their people, no way to advance their cultures and no long term goals.

Of what concern is a Oluwo of Iwo calling himself an Emperor, with all his education and understanding of history he does not know an Emperor engages in authority over an ares and press/ subdue , while an Oba "Ba" which means the overhead with absolute authority , both mean the same thing; So this man has dropped his traditional Yoruba tittle for a foreign one.

Why also are all these young agile men using an item which has never been part of the attire of ancient king, unlike the metal staffs with the cockerel atop , these obnoxious beaded staffs is something else, can they not stand under their own weight !
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by kelvinatkins(m): 4:53pm On Apr 20, 2016
I love seeing young kings When will Ibadan start crowning young kings? Tired of those 70yrs+ kings
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by NTAChannel5: 4:54pm On Apr 20, 2016
Who e epp?
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Mydazz(m): 4:54pm On Apr 20, 2016
Houseofglam7:
Him get fuel
Question that can better ur life at this time
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by ayesco202(m): 4:59pm On Apr 20, 2016
End Time King
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Houseofglam7(f): 5:07pm On Apr 20, 2016
joeblaze:
My dear,make baba God pick up my call.. angry angry angry

E necessary.
I no get chill anymore either.
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by OlujobaSamuel: 5:18pm On Apr 20, 2016
I guess he will also accepts greetings in a foreign way, eg. xup king, hey king, how are you king, etc
this afiobaje crew no get am right for this matter.
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Wyttcat: 5:19pm On Apr 20, 2016
The difference is, the "Oba of benin" is NOT a real Oba, the stool is Omo N'oba, something a little above prince, resulting in the inferiority complex suffered by the followed fake obas.
TANTUMERGO007:

and you compare all these criminals(omi of ife, oba rilwayne001 of lagos) to the OBA OF ALL obas, OBA OF BENIN undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by palsenator(m): 5:25pm On Apr 20, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

Bastard that's what your generation is. Your lack of courtesy is obvious in your God forsaken attitude. You dare call South West kings criminals Infact the thrones will curse you. Bastard! If you are confused about history, you ask next time. Oloshi.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Faru1(m): 5:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
to me I don't like the dress swag for an oba or king who are meant to be custodian of our cultural endowment.
sorry to say.
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by aleem50(m): 5:45pm On Apr 20, 2016
absoluteSuccess:
kabiesi,

whats up my king?

Your Royal Emperor,

I love to be one of your courtier, your throne is great and your domain is one so alluring.

Your charm is regal and so are your great and wonderful subjects. The great and famous Iwo people.

My king you are like king James in Yoruba land, change can be funny, but we asked for it.

May your time mark the best and most memorable for the blessed Iwo people.

Iwo olodo oba,
omo atenigbola,

omo abikan rakan.

Iwo onilekun be won o ni kokoro,
Eru werewere nii s'ode l'ojude Iwo.

are you from iwo my brother ?
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by absoluteSuccess: 5:52pm On Apr 20, 2016
aleem50:
are you from iwo my brother ?
I'm not from Iwo, but I love the place.
it's an historical place in Yoruba heartland.
Iwo omo atenigbore.
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by TANTUMERGO007(m): 5:57pm On Apr 20, 2016
palsenator:
Bastard that's what your generation is. Your lack of courtesy is obvious in your God forsaken attitude. You dare call South West kings criminals Infact the thrones will curse you. Bastard! If you are confused about history, you ask next time. Oloshi.
a condemned throne can't do nothing grin
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by laviecontinue: 6:05pm On Apr 20, 2016
Iwo land trending. Thanks to this oba. One can actually tell he's very inteligent. #helpouryouththetruthtoknow
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by laviecontinue: 6:19pm On Apr 20, 2016
I agree with you sir, but do u know wearing shoes, driving car etc is not actually our thing Im sure he dress that way for a purpose.
Faru1:
to me I don't like the dress swag for an oba or king who are meant to be custodian of our cultural endowment.
sorry to say.
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Dollipsejay(m): 6:31pm On Apr 20, 2016
@ the second picture... the reporter wan feed am the phone.... na wa ooo
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by freecocoa(f): 6:31pm On Apr 20, 2016
ThePlumbers:
Jettisoned our rich culture for swags of the westerners
which rich culture exactly? Maybe he should go back to wearing animal skin/leaves to preserve una culture.

1 Like

Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by laviecontinue: 6:33pm On Apr 20, 2016
Mmmm ok bros u try, infact u see am talk(oriso) so now can u just do this? Think of how this world ll look like in 100yrs...... shocked ok, now read your comment again grin see you sef dey. Laugh abi. I'm very sure the first oba who choose to drive a car over riding a horse was worship like a (god)....just saying ni o
sweetgala:
All these young kings who are so quick to burn out like a supernova.

They seem interesting but beyond their modern trappings which leaves the gullible youth captivated by wealth and flash(SWAG) they have no concrete things to offer their people, no way to advance their cultures and no long term goals.

Of what concern is a Oluwo of Iwo calling himself an Emperor, with all his education and understanding of history he does not know an Emperor engages in authority over an ares and press/ subdue , while an Oba "Ba" which means the overhead with absolute authority , both mean the same thing; So this man has dropped his traditional Yoruba tittle for a foreign one.

Why also are all these young agile men using an item which has never been part of the attire of ancient king, unlike the metal staffs with the cockerel atop , these obnoxious beaded staffs is something else, can they not stand under their own weight !
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Faru1(m): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2016
laviecontinue:
I agree with you sir, but do u know wearing shoes, driving car etc is not actually our thing Im sure he dress that way for a purpose.

OK let's assume so and let also take it that it's the media that exploded and package it in such a gallery and fashion show.
God bless Nigeria
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by femi4: 6:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

and you compare all these criminals(omi of ife, oba rilwayne001 of lagos) to the OBA OF ALL obas, OBA OF BENIN ANINI undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu / Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition / The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.