Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

#freeseoauditwednesday: A Review Of Researchersportal.org - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / #freeseoauditwednesday: A Review Of Researchersportal.org (433 Views)

Bloggers Drop Your URL Here And I'll Write A Review / VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know / Mark Zuckerberg Commends Jobberman Founders As Internet.org Free Basics Launches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#freeseoauditwednesday: A Review Of Researchersportal.org by Jeffflo: 3:15pm On Apr 20, 2016
SEO AUDIT OF REASEARCHERSPORTAL.ORG

A while back, i advertised on Nairaland that webmasters should get at me with with what their SEO problems were. While some webmasters asked for a custom SEO audit, others asked definite questions on Wordpress tips and why their sites do not rank high. One of the rejoinders was a request for both a custom SEO audit and an answer to a pressing question. This double barreled gun is from a user with the moniker ikechukwuapeh who is webmaster for the site researchersportal.org.
So here goes, ikechukwuapeh. This is your (abbreviated)custom seo audit with a quick ToDo list for optimisations attached to the end. Enjoy.

1. SERPs Appearance:
a. The site's representation upon Google is flawed. When a Google search of the brand name of the organisation is executed, the site researchersportal.org does not come first in ranking.
b. With Bing, another very powerful search network (indeed, Bing powers both its search and that of Yahoo!), researchersportal.com comes ahead of your site, researchersportal.org
c. I conducted a search with Nigeria added to the search query to filter it down to Google Nigeria and i didn't even find reserachersportal.org in the first page of google speak less of the first results on that page.

2. Technical Factors
A. A crawl of your site shows that you have a robot.txt file. No canonical or conflicting issues
B. Your robots.txt blocks search results which is not necessarily good or bad. If your landing pages are optimized for conversions already, then you may just be loosing valuable traffic. On the other hand, if they are not, then your blocking of Google's access to pages that begins with /search may just be a saving grace.
C. You need to be careful with your robots.txt file, it holds information which is liable to attack from hackers

3. General Appearance:
A. Your page title reads as "Researchersportal • jQuery Example" with the "jquery" being unencessary. This is destroying your SERP as Google wants to rank you for researchersportal and jQuery at the same time: an impossible task as they are not correlated or with support in your site
B. Perhaps worse is the fact that you have no meta description. While meta descriptions and their value in SEO have depreciated over the years, they still perform the very vital role of describing your web page to the search engines
c. Your H1 tag is just the brand name: quite poor from an SEO standpoint. Your H1 tag should contain the brand name and still be keyword rich.

4. Content:
A. Content is the new SEO. While webmasters need to structure the site so that it is properly optimized for search engines, they also must realize that the engines themselves serve the information up to people. For this purpose, a site's content that is helpful, sharp and at the same time appropriate for its audience will always trump the most technically optimized site with bad content.
B. Your navigation is hierarchical and its appeals to the user that is used to tech news sites with your links containing keywords
C. I see social media links which is fantastic. Social is increasingly gaining prominence.
D. I see that there is no blog; is this because this is a blogging site?
E. I see microformats and schema.org active so that is good.

TO DO LIST
A.Description tag should be 1-160 characters
B. Missing heading tag: H3
C. Missing heading tag: H4
D. Missing heading tag: H5
E. Missing heading tag: H6
F. The text on your website should at least be 2000 characters.
G. Your keyword should appear at least 3 times and at most 5 times.
H. Bold, italicize, or underline your keywords.
I. The number of HTTP requests should be no more than 4.
J. HTML is not W3C validated.
K. Remove inline JavaScript.
L. Add alt tags to all images.
M. Remove underscores from image file names.
N. Get more pages indexed by Google.
O. Get up to 10 backlinks

Special Guest of Honour: ikechukwuapeh. I will write a post on the causes of poor ranking soon, my oga grin

originally appeared on https://thedigitalupstart./

Jefferson Ighalo
Metalloid Digital Maketing
Lagos.
Re: #freeseoauditwednesday: A Review Of Researchersportal.org by bethelm: 3:25pm On Apr 20, 2016
DISCOVER HOW TO EARN N800K MONTHLY, AS A BROKER, SUPPLYING CUSTOMIZED PROMOTIONAL PAPER AIR FRESHENERTO COMPANIES, HOTELS, SCHOOLS, CHURCHES, POLITICIANS, ETC,

STARTING WITH ZERO CAPITAL

Are you currently unemployed, underemployed, tired and sick of being broke or looking for a job? Then this is for you. I will like to congratulate you, because your search for a better life is over.

Do you want to start your personal business and you are looking for that hot idea that will require zero start-up capital? Search no more! Because you are about to start living your dreams, with this money spinning opportunity.

Are you into printing business already and you need an extra complimentary source of income? This opportunity will do “magic” to your bank account.

Are you an advert executive or you are operating an advertising agency? This opportunity is for you. Many of your clients are tired of the traditional advertizing methods, they need something more creative, cheaper and yet effective

Do you supply promotional gift item products to companies? This opportunity is what you have been waiting for.

I will start by introducing you to the business of the moment. It is called CUSTOMIZED / PROMOTIONAL. PAPER AIR FRESHENENER. CUSTOMIZED / PROMOTIONAL PAPER AIR FRESHENERS are being hung on the rear mirror of cars, in the toilet, inside any office like SCHOOLS, RECEPTION, BANKING HALL S, CHURCHES, SEMINAR HALLS, even in the LIVING ROOM using its SIGHT & SCENT QUALITIES to attract users.
http://project1millionjobs.com/customized-paper-air-freshener/
Re: #freeseoauditwednesday: A Review Of Researchersportal.org by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 13, 2016
wow! Thanks, although i saw it late.. can you help me?
Re: #freeseoauditwednesday: A Review Of Researchersportal.org by Jeffflo: 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2016
wow! Thanks, although i saw it late.. can you help me?

And i just saw this just now haha. Of course i can; i fully intend to. Shoot me a mail/pm as soon as you see this.

Jefferson Ighalo
Metalloid Digital Marketing.
Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

If U Have Facebook Groups Of 150k Members And Above For Sale. Sharp Deal Now / Help.: Tech Blog Or Entertainment Blog / Hello Bloggers Lets Share Ideas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.