Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,008 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Which Of Nigeria's Major Cultures/languages Will Die Out First? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Of Nigeria's Major Cultures/languages Will Die Out First? (1045 Views)

Any Man Who Sleeps With Ooni's Ex-Queen Will Die If Not Cleansed - Ifa Priest / Oba Aruna Ishola: "Any Oba Who Sees Me Will Die" / The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of Nigeria's Major Cultures/languages Will Die Out First? by scholes0(m): 3:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
With the alarming rate at which Nigerians are losing their traditional values and Languages in favour of western ideals, creolization/pidginization and the English Language, which cultures/languages in Nigeria would be the first to be gone with the wind of change AKA Western acculturalization.
Re: Which Of Nigeria's Major Cultures/languages Will Die Out First? by donbenedict(m): 3:56pm On Apr 20, 2016
Languages cannot go into extinction!
Re: Which Of Nigeria's Major Cultures/languages Will Die Out First? by calculator123(m): 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2016
you want to start an e war abi.mods should delete thread asap.
Re: Which Of Nigeria's Major Cultures/languages Will Die Out First? by scholes0(m): 4:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
donbenedict:
Languages cannot go into extinction!
Who told you that?
Several languages and cultures in nigeria are on the brink of extinction
Re: Which Of Nigeria's Major Cultures/languages Will Die Out First? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 20, 2016
Well, amongst the major cultures, one can't predict which one will go extinct first but one can definitely predict which won't.
Re: Which Of Nigeria's Major Cultures/languages Will Die Out First? by iameugene(m): 12:44am On Apr 21, 2016
Igbo, cause most of us dont like speaking our language and our parents wants us to speak English and dey speak English with us unlike oda tribes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of Nigeria's Major Cultures/languages Will Die Out First? by IamAtribalist: 2:44am On Apr 21, 2016
cool
Re: Which Of Nigeria's Major Cultures/languages Will Die Out First? by christopher123(m): 7:24am On Apr 21, 2016
iameugene:
Igbo, cause most of us dont like speaking our language and our parents wants us to speak English and dey speak English with us unlike oda tribes

It's not our parents but your parents
Re: Which Of Nigeria's Major Cultures/languages Will Die Out First? by christopher123(m): 7:25am On Apr 21, 2016
I feel that it's these small tribes of uneme ,ogoni and these micro tribes they will be swallowed up by the big three
Re: Which Of Nigeria's Major Cultures/languages Will Die Out First? by iameugene(m): 1:45pm On Apr 21, 2016
christopher123:

It's not our parents but your parents
well i dont knw about u, 80% of my frends anytime i visit der homes dats how it is, sometimes dey might tease with it nd if we don't understand some parts dey just laff and continue with English
Re: Which Of Nigeria's Major Cultures/languages Will Die Out First? by scholes0(m): 4:04pm On Apr 21, 2016
christopher123:
I feel that it's these small tribes of uneme ,ogoni and these micro tribes they will be swallowed up by the big three

Which one is Uneme?

(1) (Reply)

To Oll Ayam Kahreed, May U Walk & Never Jam Charles Olumo / Photo Of Oba Ovonranmwen Nogbaisi / See The Sorry State Of Argungu Fishing Festival Site(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.