Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,803 members, 7,806,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? (20054 Views)

Mechanic Creates 2-faced Car That Can Be Driven Forward & Back At The Same Time / Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience / 5 Advantages Of Driving An Innoson Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by Dejohnbull: 9:03am On Apr 21, 2016
Skipfr:
I boarded IVM bus from Warri to Benin some weeks ago. Its okay but fear first grip me when I know say na made in Naija
I board same bus from ph to benin. Eagle line transport rugged and comfortable on the road
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by mykelly(m): 9:29am On Apr 21, 2016
Good.....it will be much ok if you can post a pic of yourself standing by the car
EMPEROR032:
I HAVE INNOSON UMU IS OK,VERY COMFORTABLE.
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 21, 2016
Reference:

I totally disagree with you. My dad would not touch a Japanese car in the 70's and 80's. I wouldn't touch a Korean in the 90's but Asian cars outnumber others 3 to 1 on our roads today. What is important for the manufacturer is direction and impetus. What is important for us is vision. If we can see it getting better and competing with the world believe me, it will.

You still haven't addressed the issue of buying a car, simply because it's made in Nigeria. The scenario you've described with your dad (respect to the big man) is quite different from your reason why a Nigerian should buy a Nigerian car.

Your dad's reasons for his choices back in the '70's are more typical of what my parents chose in the same era, and what still exists today. Brand Loyalty. This remains a stronger incentive to purchase a vehicle today, well ahead of a sense of patriotism.
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by amtaken(f): 9:41am On Apr 21, 2016
I don't use it but I know folks who do and they are all so much in love with it.
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by viscocom(m): 10:16am On Apr 21, 2016
de new scam from innoson dat u can buy any of ur choice car and pay 97k monthly pls guys ignore dat til u finish
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by doskie(m): 10:27am On Apr 21, 2016
geefasee:

please learn to always appreciate what is made in Nigeria. even if it is shapeless today, it can take a wonderful shape tomorrow (ofcourse its not even shapeless). thanks
dont mind him. he may even be older than the innocent him self. what has he done?
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by jesussaves22: 10:33am On Apr 21, 2016
gbolly707:
Has anyone driven any model of vehicles made by Innoson. please tell us your experience
I have been in innoson bus from Abuja to ph. From Lagos to warri and the vehicle is as good as hiace bus from Toyota your father's. Last weekend a rich oil worker got wedded using two innoson G5 in warri effurun. Am finding it difficult to upload the pix of the SUV been decorated with wedding bells. When I approach the driver to find out how the vehicle perform he told me that it moves like my Rx Lexus. I use Microsoft phone so those who know how to upload pix through this phone should tell me for the team pictures. For Siena before you say anything about the ride please make sure that you have driven the car First before making assumptions. Because I have seen a brown new corrola that the transmission failed before 6months and was sent back to Lagos. I also read about the airbags issues with 2016 Honda CRV which was recalled back. Lets support our own @ Siena et tal N/B I first saw innoson G5 SUV during Rochas first daughter wedding in 2013 @ owerri which innoson himself came with the car.

5 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by cocoduck: 10:34am On Apr 21, 2016
kaeforum:
Driving an innoson is like driving a GEELY and TATA, its not sturdy like the tata brand.

The experience is no where pleasurable and reassuring as driving my vw jetta. grin
You ara not a car guy, the one you drove, is it a 4 banger or a V engine, if its a 4 banger, how do you expect it to be the same as a V engine, last time I checked an innoson car, I saw that it was equipped with ABS, SRS, was OBDII compliant, I don't know exactly the power output, I did not drive it, the owner was not there, it was his son that was there, the owner left with the keys, so I took that opportunity to check these things.
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by ehinmowo: 10:37am On Apr 21, 2016
I don't know what you pple are saying. All I know is that IVM needs serious marketing and outlets in major cities in Nigeria. He needs to colonise Nigeria market and see if his brand will not soar across the globe.

and pls anytime we are saying sensible things, no stupid and useless tribal comments. that's one of d reasons no black nation is developed yet.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by jesussaves22: 10:37am On Apr 21, 2016
jesussaves22:
I have been in innoson bus from Abuja to ph. From Lagos to warri and the vehicle is as good as hiace bus from Toyota your father's. Last weekend a rich oil worker got wedded using two innoson G5 in warri effurun. Am finding it difficult to upload the pix of the SUV been decorated with wedding bells. When I approach the driver to find out how the vehicle perform he told me that it moves like my Rx Lexus. I use Microsoft phone so those who know how to upload pix through this phone should tell me for the team pictures. For Siena before you say anything about the ride please make sure that you have driven the car First before making assumptions. Because I have seen a brown new corrola that the transmission failed before 6months and was sent back to Lagos. I also read about the airbags issues with 2016 Honda CRV which was recalled back. Lets support our own @ Siena et tal N/B I first saw innoson G5 SUV during Rochas first daughter wedding in 2013 @ owerri which innoson himself came with the car.
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 21, 2016
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by cocoduck: 10:40am On Apr 21, 2016
I don't have a car of my own yet, but the first car I will buy is innosson.

4 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by CirocBoi(m): 10:49am On Apr 21, 2016
driand:
foul mouthed kid, What car do u use?
corolla sir
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by CirocBoi(m): 10:51am On Apr 21, 2016
redroom:

Wot have u ever invented anything in ur miserable life, block head. One day u will be queuing at their office begging a discount for their second hand vehicle, dats how Kia, Tata started s.tup id undecided
my life is not miserable pls, God4bid me beg. don't look down on me you don't know me anywhere, I only gave my two cents. you can give Urz and ball out instead of insulting me. have a wonderful day
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by CirocBoi(m): 10:52am On Apr 21, 2016
geefasee:

please learn to always appreciate what is made in Nigeria. even if it is shapeless today, it can take a wonderful shape tomorrow (ofcourse its not even shapeless). thanks

very true sir. uwc
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by CirocBoi(m): 10:54am On Apr 21, 2016
melodyirish:
are u ok at all? The question is share ur experience nd ur typing Rubbish, why don't u ignore d questions nd save ur data instead of this thing u say.

why are you pouring your frustration on me, is it my fault that u are jobless?
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by 100Cents: 11:13am On Apr 21, 2016
ichidodo:
Yep....Last year and it feels less 'boaty' than your regular Asian vehicle,inaddition to its predominantly ruggedness over rough terrain as most would find in our environment but Innoson would have to work to increase its rate of acceleration even though it doesn't relatively consume much fuel......

Nice
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by 100Cents: 11:16am On Apr 21, 2016
Omoabugan:
I get one inosson for house ooooo, wait I dey come..........
grin grin grin grin

Typical village boy
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by 100Cents: 11:20am On Apr 21, 2016
redcliff:

Sorry nigeria is really not ripe for these things. When you say youth what do you mean especially? Jobless ones?

The ones who play nairabet daily..
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by Evina(f): 11:23am On Apr 21, 2016
enoqueen:
Na only that senator get am and he no de gree drive am.

He just pack am for him house.

cheesy grin
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by pasol4real(m): 11:26am On Apr 21, 2016
CirocBoi:
shapeless vehicle
The question is not for poverty stricken people like u,who has only bin in a molue or keke marwa all Your Life.
Am sure some one like u donot Know how to fix a seat belt when in a car.
So am not suprised, u do not have the capacity to appreciate good things .

5 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by moviemaker: 11:34am On Apr 21, 2016
WHOcarex:
I have an innoson.... I will say durable.

Quote me if you need more clarification

Hi. Do you reside in Lagos?
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by melodyirish(m): 11:35am On Apr 21, 2016
CirocBoi:

why are you pouring your frustration on me, is it my fault that u are jobless?
by all indications ur d one jobless, if not u won't be following me to know wen I reply u. By d way I'm not a woman dat exchange words, I only give u a little advice to save ur data instead of discouraging people who has d capacity to buy a car, not ur type mr. So go get a job
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by CirocBoi(m): 11:44am On Apr 21, 2016
melodyirish:
by all indications ur d one jobless, if not u won't be following me to know wen I reply u. By d way I'm not a woman dat exchange words, I only give u a little advice to save ur data instead of discouraging people who has d capacity to buy a car, not ur type mr. So go get a job

give the advice to ur useless father and mother who gave birth to a fool like you. do you pay for my data? with your half past eye. fat fool. that's why u av pot belly, I I know u spend most of your time in the beer parlor, for ur info I followed u, to let u know it's on for life. Useless bastard
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by CirocBoi(m): 11:47am On Apr 21, 2016
pasol4real:

The question is not for poverty stricken people like u,who has only bin in a molue or keke marwa all Your Life.

o well am not poor, u even sound like a poor fool, can ur father afford an hover board or let even say a trickle. man get out from here
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by CirocBoi(m): 11:50am On Apr 21, 2016
pasol4real:

o well am not poor, u even sound like a poor fool, can ur father afford an hover board or let even say a trickle. man get out from here. look at your coat I can't even call that suit. please level up
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by melodyirish(m): 11:56am On Apr 21, 2016
CirocBoi:

give the advice to ur useless father and mother who gave birth to a fool like you. do you pay for my data? with your half past eye. fat fool. that's why u av pot belly, I I know u spend most of your time in the beer parlor, for ur info I followed u, to let u know it's on for life. Useless bastard
now I really see dat ur completely frustrated, I'm nt d cause of ur misfortune Ok, go to good church or even a shrine so dat dey can know wat d problem is, as for me and my household we are always a winner and a successful set of ppl. If ur more frustrated u can as well go jump inside lagoon. Sorry grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by CirocBoi(m): 12:02pm On Apr 21, 2016
melodyirish:
now I really see dat ur completely frustrated, I'm nt d cause of ur misfortune Ok, go to good church or even a shrine so dat dey can know wat d problem is, as for me and my household we are always a winner and a successful set of ppl. If ur more frustrated u can as well go jump inside lagoon. Sorry grin grin grin
lol successful with ur okrika shirt and weak lux singlet, u don't know wat success is oga. dey Mumu yourself bloody secondary school teacher

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 21, 2016
CirocBoi:

Regardless of how angry you may be, it's really in poor taste to insult anyone's parents. Parents deserve respect, whether they are yours, or the parents of someone else. Especially as the person who's parents your insulting did not involve yours.

If I could insult someone's parents, it means I could do the same to mine, and I should expect my own kids to insult me too. Have some respect bro, it won't kill you.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by CirocBoi(m): 12:13pm On Apr 21, 2016
Siena:

Regardless of how angry you may be, it's really in poor taste to insult anyone's parents. Parents deserve respect, whether they are yours, or the parents of someone else. Especially as the person who's parents your insulting did not involve yours.

If I could insult someone's parents, it means I could do the same to mine, and I should expect my own kids to insult me too. Have some respect bro, it won't kill you.

very true sir, my post did not involve him, he asked for it
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by gbolly707(m): 1:29pm On Apr 21, 2016
Disclaimer ; This was copied from a profile on facebook, I DID NOT WRITE THIS Please read...

So the argument over Nigerians reception and acceptance (or lack thereof) of Innoson Motors has become a very heated and a lowkey polarizing one.

I honestly can find little to no merit in the arguments of those trying to literally force these cars down our throats. Okay. Let's just look at the issue

If we're being honest, the last government did pretty much everything a government can or should do for for any car maker.
They essentially GAVE the market to IVM by more than doubling the cost of importing cars. Making the Nigerian people HAVE to look within their borders. That same government bought a very very decent amount of the IVM vehicles. How many are actually in use now is anyone's guess and isn't germane to this discussion.

At this point I have to ask if IVM is a charity run organization. If no, then somebody please tell me what else they could legitimately ask for.

I mean, you’ve got the government to help aggressively push your biggest competition out, you got them to take a very large number off your hands. Surely you can’t expect them to sell them for you as well…or to create yet another policy?

Maybe one that now forces every Nigerian to buy one?

I say this because to hear the IVM army tell it, the main problem is that we (Nigerians) aren’t buying them. Okay. I’ll bite. We aren’t buying the cars.

Why?

For a company that has made such a huge investment and commitment, their push to sell their products seems lukewarm at best. I heard someone ask where they were sold and how they were being marketed. The reply that came was: “Research”.

I’m sorry, what?

I have to research to get information on how to acquire an indigenously manufactured car Is it made of heroin?

And even finding the ADVERTISING will require research? What a wow.

So yeah, their marketing is pretty crap.
So next up, Pricing. What do these babies cost? I hear (and I stand to be corrected) that they start at 2.5 Million Nigerian Nairas. That’s okay. You can price your product anyhow you like. But if you’re making a car you want a lot of Nigerians to buy wouldn’t it make sense to give it a price tag many Nigerians can afford? I mean I can get a pretty cool, brand new (if I’m not fussy about driving a 2010-2013 model…and I’m not)KIA or Hyundai for less. Add that math to the fact that these are pretty much world class brands and its bye bye IVM.
The economy is shot to hell. Times are hard and everybody wants value for their buck. “Buy Nigerian” just won’t cut it on its own.

Now, how “good” are these cars? I’m going to speak on this solely from my own experience.
They’re frighteningly bad.
Look. I’ve driven some pretty run-down heaps in my time but never (until now) have I been faced with an engine that would not be turned off. No message on the dash, no voice prompts, no security issue. It simply was not in the mood.
The other one we got to “test” was a free spirit that saw the good in all men and didn’t believe in locked doors. We of course eventually agreed with it. The screen display was sad. Damned thing looked just like those “China Nokias” that were everywhere once upon a time.
The drive is honestly not that bad. As a matter of fact I’d say average, if your point of reference is a Honda “Academy”. This, however only applies as long as you do not go past 85-100 Kmph. The instant you go past that mark, your car becomes a mobile, vehicular earthquake. Vibrations. Everywhere. This might be fun if you’ve got the right amount of kink in you though. lol
Then everything squeaks. You know those noises from the dashboard and doors and drivers seats you expect to hear in hand me down cars? Yeah, those ones. Except now, IVM don’t want you having any surprises later so they installed the squeaks early. You’re welcome.
Back to sales, these cars are priced on the same level as the Kias and the Hyundais and other “Eastern” brands.
It goes without saying that most people go for a Benz or a BMW if given a choice. Those who can, do. The rest buy Audis and VWs etc, those who can’t do that, Hondas or Toyota or maybe even Peugeots those who can’t do that buy Kias and Hyundais and the like. There are still rungs farther down on this ladder. Somewhere down there… is IVM.
In recent times, this “ladder” has become less real and this because no one is making bad cars anymore. The tech is moving so fast a KIA is a perfectly good car and can look it “elders” in the eyes. Even at that, most people would still go for a tokunbo Honda or Toyota (that costs way more) than go for a brand new Kia!
How then, do you expect anyone buy an IVM when they still don’t fully trust the Korean brands that are world class yet?
IVM has poor marketing, no major exhibitions have happened, no crash test data has been seen, no nothing. Why would anyone buy one?
I feel they just want the government to be their biggest customer and buy a new set every year because the ones from last year have pretty much broken down completely. Then the same people screaming “Buy Nigerian” can now scream and curse the government for including the same expenditures in every budget.
They probably also think that just being “made in Nigeria” would be enough to make us all want to buy one. You know, because of our deep sense of national pride.
Its really just a lazy way to do business and they need to fix up.
And if any rhesus monkey comes here talking out of his or her ass with ANY tribalistic sentiment ehn? Cos ive noticed that some bigoted idiots cannot help but make no sense while bleating loudly.
If Arabs or Martians owned IVM and ran it as it is being run, the issues would be the same.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check Out This Ferrari Inspired Air Jordan XXXII / For The Bikers - When You Suddenly Realize You're Following Too Closely / Car Servicing Interval (Engine Oil)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.