Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case (22594 Views)

APGA Suspends Victor Ike Oye As National Chairman For Gross Misconduct / Olufolarin Ogunsanwo Sacked As LIRS Chairman For Fraud / Kwara Government Worsens Saraki’s Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case by bakila: 8:13pm On Apr 20, 2016
odikimi:

Check your write up again. You said Agabi who took in, in 1997. You never said he was engrossed as a SAN in 1997. You misled the readers and you are the one attacking people because you are chatting on social media.
One cannot be engrossed as a SAN. He is elevated to silk.

1 Like

Re: Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case by bakila: 8:15pm On Apr 20, 2016
odikimi:

Oh I get it, u mean Selekeowei was called in 1992 ?
kk then.
But that doesn't mean that other persons trial shouldn't be heard again.
I was in court yesterday and I witnessed cases being heard despite the fact that the A.G Akwa Ibom had matters.
The rules only talk about order of hearing and not that the court must short out other matters until a particular matter is heard in that court. u mean if Saraki's matter takes 1yr, no body will be given right of audience again, just because your people want him to be jailed quickly for challenging Tinubu a.k.a yellow teeth?
It is A G Akwa Ibom's decision. A senior advocate should not mention his matter before him.
Re: Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case by prinsam30: 8:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
every spirit of Orubebe in that Senate, I order you be arrested and thrown to Kuje prison with immediate effect

1 Like

Re: Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case by basadenet: 8:34pm On Apr 20, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
He disrupted election collation in 2015, and now he wants to disrupt court proceeding...

Justice Umar should have sent him to jail without trial..

Nonsense...
may be you should have assisted the judge to send orubebe to jail, afterall you sabi pass the judge.let the court decide.
Re: Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case by odikimi: 8:43pm On Apr 20, 2016
bakila:

pls what is the meaning of ENGROSSED, and what is the difference between silk and SAN
Re: Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case by odikimi: 8:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
bakila:

pls what is the meaning of ENGROSSED, and what is the difference between silk and SAN

Mr ITK am waiting to hear from you on the meaning of "engrossed".
Re: Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case by bashydemy(m): 8:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
dunkem21:
Orubebe's lawyer is right on this ..

Why not also make Orubebe's case *day by day* from 10pm to 6am cool
Orubebe's case is a one count charge case and that of Saraki is 13 count charge.

1 Like

Re: Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case by samento: 8:52pm On Apr 20, 2016
chukwudi44:

I think by now you should know that your injustice Umar does not have any powers to send anyone to jail
Chukwudi44, I'm sure if you're giving the opportunity like Orubebe and Saraki, your corruption tendensis will know no bound. You're synonimous to corruption. And God will never avail you the opportunity to get near any public fund, because you will embezzle it with reckless abandon.

1 Like

Re: Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case by samento: 8:53pm On Apr 20, 2016
chukwudi44:

I think by now you should know that your injustice Umar does not have any powers to send anyone to jail
Chukwudi44, I'm sure if you're giving the opportunity like Orubebe and Saraki, your corruption tendencies will know no bound. You're synonymous to corruption. And God will never avail you the opportunity to get near any public fund, because you will embezzle it with reckless abandon.

1 Like

Re: Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case by bakila: 8:58pm On Apr 20, 2016
odikimi:

Mr ITK am waiting to hear from you on the meaning of "engrossed".
When you find the meaning of elevate and silk, then you do the elimination. Mr I know know.
Re: Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case by dunkem21(m): 9:12pm On Apr 20, 2016
bakila:

Orubebe's Lawyer should now that Saraki's case should be mentioned before his own. The simple reason because the Rules of Professional Conduct for Legal Practitioners and The Legal Practitioners Act allows SAN to mentioned their case before others on seniority. When Agabi became a senior advocate Larry was in the Law school.
Larry should respect himself and his profession. He should not be an Orubebe.

Learnt something today.

1 Like

Re: Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case by odikimi: 9:15pm On Apr 20, 2016
bakila:

When you find the meaning of elevate and silk, then you do the elimination. Mr I know know.
it will amount to a dog's play tutoring you, so let me allow you to be overwhelmed in your ignorance

1 Like

Re: Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case by odikimi: 9:17pm On Apr 20, 2016
bakila:

it will amount to a dog's play tutoring you, so let me allow you to be overwhelmed in your ignorance.
A Silk is talking about hearing is matter which is in court, u r here roaming about with calling order.

1 Like

Re: Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case by Zamurano1(m): 9:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
To me Danladi is just acting on script. With this act of his, justice will indeed be miscarried. Code of conduct tribunal has change to court of Kankaroo tribunal hmmmm.
Re: Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case by DrHighchief(m): 9:56pm On Apr 20, 2016
Orubebe wants to be Jegad again....

1 Like

Re: Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case by bakila: 4:14am On Apr 21, 2016
odikimi:

it will amount to a dog's play tutoring you, so let me allow you to be overwhelmed in your ignorance.
A Silk is talking about hearing is matter which is in court, u r here roaming about with calling order.
You need serious help from post election defeat shock.
Re: Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case by KruggerINC(m): 7:23am On Apr 21, 2016
demarc001:
The cct man oversabi too much

On a serious note it is unfair to be postponing a case for another, In other words, postponing dooms day.

In other news, why is the ccb/cct only trying people who stood against Buharu?

Isn't it logical that the case concerning the senate president ie the Nations number 3 man should be given precedence so that the senate and nation at large can get on with the business of running the country?Orubebe will be heard but as of now Sarakis case should be pursued to a reasonable conclusion .....by d way must Orubebes learned counsel become loud and aggressive in front of an honorable Judge? That guy needs to be taught that violence is not the way.

1 Like

Re: Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case by dom(m): 7:23am On Apr 21, 2016
The judge erred. All cases listed in the cause list rank parri passu. They may be called out of turn if counsel agrees or if there are senior advocates appearing. In limiting the time for cross examination in orubebe's case the judge is given saraki's case unnecessary prominence and making it seem like he has a personal interest in the matter. He shd know better than that.

1 Like

Re: Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case by okrote4real: 8:08am On Apr 21, 2016
Orubebe is still thinking about Jega's calmñess. grin He should be happy he's not in jail. shocked

1 Like

Re: Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case by dom(m): 8:56am On Apr 21, 2016
The judge erred. All cases listed in a cause list rank parri passu. They may be called out of turn if counsel agrees or if there are senior advocates appearing. In limiting the time for cross examination in orubebe's case the judge is given saraki's case unnecessary prominence and making it seem like he has a personal interest in the matter. He shd know better than that.
Re: Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case by oguoba: 1:15pm On Apr 21, 2016
@Chukwudi44, pls if don't know, any judge can send anybody to jail for contempt. D lawyer was going close to contempt and Justice Umar will quietly send him to jail for 2 wks in the first instance. A Justice of Peace can send you to jail talkless of a sitting judge. No misadvise pple o. Jail was very sure for that lawyer. As for the judge giving him time limit to cross examine bc of Saraki's case, he should ve taken the hint that the judge was not ready to continue with his case and apply for adjournment to further cross examine. With his outburst, when d court adjourned it, why did he not insist on going on with case. Some lawyers over react to please their client and eventually get their finders burnt for how much?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Presidency: Yari Kicks, Says Tinubu Can’t Stop Him / ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' / Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.