Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You (32319 Views)

Please At What Time Will Airtel Night Bonus Start Counting? / Which Is The Highest Selling Smartphone Brand In Nigeria? / Infinix Note 3: The Most Searched Android Smartphone Of 2016 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by khalhokage(m): 5:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
If you were asked to name the top selling smartphone of all time, lemme guess…perhaps you would mention an iPhone model or perhaps a Samsung Galaxy model. Or perhaps you wouldn’t. But if you mentioned either, you would be wrong.

The top selling smartphone of all time belongs to an older generation. Nokia 6600 is a 2003 smartphone running Series 60 2nd Edition (in other words, Symbian OS ). It had a distinctive physical design that stood it out from the crowd, but it was also the most advanced product ever launched by Nokia at the time. Have a look.

The Nokia 6600 sold 150 million units in its lifetime, and is number 6 on the list of top 10 bestselling mobile phones ever. All the other phones on that list are feature phones. No other smartphone has made it there till date. Production of the 6600 was stopped in 2007.

For perspective, the top selling iPhone model is the iPhone 5 with 70 million units sold, and the bestselling Samsung smartphone is the Galaxy S4 with 80 million units sold.

Mobility Arena

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by khalhokage(m): 5:31pm On Apr 20, 2016
I had this phone back then and I loved it. cool

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by Mrbigman1(m): 6:19pm On Apr 20, 2016
Thi phone wey dey pack virus like lawma

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by khalhokage(m): 6:37pm On Apr 20, 2016
Mrbigman1:
Thi phone wey dey pack virus like lawma

No be small o, lol, I remember now. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by Drclassic(m): 7:05pm On Apr 20, 2016
Woow nice phone.I once used it.I can't wait for the generation where i phone 6 will be old school

4 Likes

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by Drclassic(m): 7:05pm On Apr 20, 2016
Woow nice phone.I once used it.I can't wait for the generation where i phone 6 and sam sung s7 will be old school

2 Likes

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by Clarinett(m): 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2016
I installed everything installable here.
The phone was slow that year, I can't believe I used this phone.

It just reminded me of Solibay. Hmmmm?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by mrnuur(m): 7:46pm On Apr 20, 2016
Naso everybody go talk say him don use am.

I use am too sha

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by Abudu2000(m): 8:14pm On Apr 20, 2016
point of correction op,that is not a smartphone, phone wet dey hang like them swear for am,yimuuu

3 Likes

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by Kezifils(m): 8:37pm On Apr 20, 2016
Nokia 6600, reminds me of the game Prince of Persia. The phone was a must have then but for free, very few would still desire it now. Same faith possibly awaits all the new expensive phone been released now in few yrs time.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by Oahray: 9:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
This stupidly ugly tortoise of a phone. Was pretty popular but I never used it.

1 Like

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by Oliviaxx(f): 11:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
Oahray:
This stupidly ugly tortoise of a phone. Was pretty popular but I never used it.

Haba! Broda,take it easy

4 Likes

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 21, 2016
I made a lot of money selling the uk used as at then....peepz beg me to sell for 25k...good old times I would say

2 Likes

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by dasphinx1(m): 1:40am On Apr 21, 2016
wa nan waya ne??!!! chai!!!!!! phone of life, also known as "Nokia mistake" cheesy i installed any app possible back then, on this phone..... the funny thing is that my own unit had a faulty power button..... had to use the wake up app to turn it on in the morning. i mean, i will set the exact time i want it to come on, the next day, before i retire to bed grin chai!!!!! the sight of this phone holds deep memories mehn..... smiley

10 Likes

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by malton: 4:12am On Apr 21, 2016
Nokia really had it going for them, until apple came along. For them, Steve Jobs and Jonathan Ive might just be the much talked about antichrist(s)!

Disruptive innovation at it's finest!

5 Likes

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by DBossNG(m): 6:46am On Apr 21, 2016
Alright

1 Like

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 21, 2016
All Hail Nokia. Hail!!!!!!!!!?

1 Like

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by frozenSun(m): 6:47am On Apr 21, 2016
I agree. I even bought it twice.

also one of the most beautiful phones ever made back then when DESIGN and COMPACTNESS was taken very seriously. not now that all phones look the same, just one big screen.

5 Likes

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by Barselonia(m): 6:47am On Apr 21, 2016
I agree because that's the first phone I watch moojo on

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by kennyman2000(m): 6:47am On Apr 21, 2016
Okay
Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by lifezone247(m): 6:48am On Apr 21, 2016
My own still dey, but not working.
Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by yungryce: 6:49am On Apr 21, 2016
i used d hell outta dis fone bck den.

wat now happen to nokia 3310 n our present day red n black nokia torch.

dis one lala post dvtopic two times for fp, u sure say im neva do extracurricular activities for night wey dey affect am so. ever notice how dis usually occurs in d early hours
Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by Atmmachine(m): 6:50am On Apr 21, 2016
This is a symbian phone
Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 21, 2016
Nokia 6600 ...this phone turned me to opera mini king back in school. I was always selling new browsing cheats to course mates. Those days of 10.199.212.2 with different cheats every month

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by Dottore: 6:51am On Apr 21, 2016
The phone was a virus haven aside that, it was a hit

1 Like

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 21, 2016
since everybody dey lie say dem use am. me self use am. lienus

1 Like

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by datola: 6:54am On Apr 21, 2016
Nokia really disappointed.
Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by prinsam30: 6:54am On Apr 21, 2016
good to know that
Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by Goldenheart(m): 6:55am On Apr 21, 2016
Bought the phone because of brothers in arms....

crazy but slow

6 Likes

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by alienvirus: 6:55am On Apr 21, 2016
One of the best. Good phone for games.

I got tired of it after I changed the casing. Some keys stopped working.

1 Like

Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by donholy28(m): 6:56am On Apr 21, 2016
D phone sef na pure wahala
Re: The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You by symbianDON(m): 6:57am On Apr 21, 2016
instead buying the 6600 back then, I bought the sendo X. the sendo X was a more solid, better alternative in those days......aaaaahhh memories grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread / Infinix Note 7 Review After 2 Weeks Of Use / Unveiling Of The TECNO SPARK 10 Series (specifications And Images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.