Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. (19647 Views)

12 Questions And Answers In Janazah / Being A Full Hijabite Plus A Footballer, Outter The Fold Of Islam? / 7 Hilarious Questions A Muslim Asked About Mohammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Bimiafashion(f): 6:04pm On Apr 20, 2016
HILARIOUS QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS I'VE HEARD AS AN HIJABITE.

* Your dress is so nice, it's a pity you cover it up with your hijab.
(Why are you pitying me? You want to take antibiotics for someone else's infection? My
dressing is incomplete without my hijab).

* Do you people wear earrings?
(Yes we do. Average of 2-3 piercings plus an optional, privileged one on the nose for
those wearing niqab!).

* How will you get someone to marry you?
(Seriously?! So, men now have to see your whole body before they decide whether you're Ms. Right
or not? Those wearing niqab can simply reveal their faces to interested brothers, in the
presence of a third party: a male relative or another woman).

* Why do you allow a man to enslave you like this?
( Which man? Last time I checked, my dad/ brother/uncle is still trying to understand why I'm
wearing it. Some hijabites are not even married yet, so, don't think it's the husbands forcing them).

* You can't find a job with this kind of dressing.
( Oh! Really?! Who told you I'm looking for a modelling job?).

* OMG! Your hair is so beautiful.
( Hijab is no excuse for a broken, unkempt, lice-infested hair!!!).

* Do you feel comfortable in this hot weather?
( Yes. There's a thermostat in the brain- the hypothalamus- that helps to adapt to temperature changes. My hypothalamus has
gotten "used to" me wearing the hijab when it is hot. Therefore, it has been RESET to withstand a
higher temperature. So, I'm fine...).

* Do you wear it indoors too?
(No. As long as a "strange" male or
unreliable female is not around, I can remove my hijab and wear ANYTHING inside my father's/ husband's house).

* This is just Arab culture.
( It's not. Go check the history of the Arabs. Women's nudity used to be displayed for entertainment before Islaam came. Hijab is a
religious duty, not a cultural attire).

* Why do you wear this hijab sef?
( The most intelligent question of all. It is a divine injuction. It's clearly stated in the Quran.

198 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Newnas(m): 6:45pm On Apr 20, 2016
Bimiafashion:

(Why are you pitying me? You want to take antibiotics for someone else's infection? My

(Yes we do. Average of 2-3 piercings plus an optional, privileged one on the nose for
those wearing niqab!).

(Seriously?! So, men now have to see your whole body before they decide whether you're Ms. Right
or not? Those wearing niqab can simply reveal their faces to interested brothers, in the

( Which man? Last time I checked, my dad/ brother/uncle is still trying to understand why I'm
wearing it. Some hijabites are not even married yet, so, don't think it's the husbands forcing them).

( Yes. There's a thermostat in the brain- the hypothalamus- that helps to adapt to temperature changes. My hypothalamus has
gotten "used to" me wearing the hijab when it is hot. Therefore, it has been RESET to withstand a

unreliable female is not around, I can remove my hijab and wear ANYTHING inside my father's/ husband's house).

( It's not. Go check the history of the Arabs. Women's nudity used to be displayed for entertainment before Islaam came. Hijab is a

( The most intelligent question of all. It is a divine injuction. It's clearly stated in the Quran.

Very Beautiful Piece.
JazaakumuLLaahu khayraa for this.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by tintingz(m): 8:36pm On Apr 20, 2016
Wow nice. smiley

20 Likes

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Ashiat39(f): 10:15pm On Apr 20, 2016
How can you hear when people are talking to you with this hijab?, are you sure your brain haven't been stained with dat black thing you are putting on?, why are you wearing hijab in the bank, does it looks lyk a mosque?, and lot more

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Newnas(m): 11:15pm On Apr 20, 2016
Ashiat39:
How can you hear when people are talking to you with this hijab?, are you sure your brain haven't been stained with dat black thing you are putting on?, why are you wearing hijab in the bank, does it looks lyk a mosque?, and lot more

lol... how desperate people are to justify their promiscuity and condemn our chastity!!! May Allah increase us in steadfastness upon the sunnah till we meet the Prophet alyhissolaat wassalaam at the hawd (pond).

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Ashiat39(f): 4:50am On Apr 21, 2016
Newnas:

lol... how desperate people are to justify their promiscuity and condemn our chastity!!! May Allah increase us in steadfastness upon the sunnah till we meet the Prophet alyhissolaat wassalaam at the hawd (pond).
aaaaameeen, mashallah

19 Likes

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Sissie(f): 9:46am On Apr 21, 2016
Ashiat39:

What was your reply??

LOL, imagine someone asking if your brain has been stained, people can be dumb sha.

14 Likes

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Ashiat39(f): 11:44pm On Apr 21, 2016
Sissie:

What was your reply??

LOL, imagine someone asking if your brain has been stained, people can be dumb sha.
my answer were;
1. as much as you can feel the temperatures with ur clothe on
2. since your black hair does not stain your brain my hijab does not affect my reasoning either.
3. why are you wearing shorts as well, is it looks like we are modelling here?
I was even more than baffled bcs last time I checked I still have my right in deprived

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by ayatt(m): 11:17am On Apr 22, 2016
jzkl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Theemayji: 11:19am On Apr 22, 2016
Jazakumulahu khairan

4 Likes

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Akshow: 11:20am On Apr 22, 2016
Why the question before one can comment on an Islamic thread when any Christian thread is a open ground for all jabs and comments? Partially dis thing o.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Akshow: 11:22am On Apr 22, 2016
Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by ypeace: 11:24am On Apr 22, 2016
Interestingly, nonbelievers are free to dress anyhow. In fact nuns are holy for covering their body. But a Muslim woman is oppressed when she chose to dress islamically. May God continue to guide us to the right path.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 22, 2016
The one and only thing that stands to threaten Islam is the ignorance of muslims. May Allah guide us all.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by prodigistopy(m): 11:27am On Apr 22, 2016
Masha Allah.... May Allah increase your knowledge

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by ypeace: 11:27am On Apr 22, 2016
Akshow:
Why the question before one can comment on an Islamic thread when any Christian thread is a open ground for all jabs and comments? Partially dis thing o.
This is not the right place to discuss that. Kindly, open another trend to ask.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by DropShot: 11:32am On Apr 22, 2016
Jazakumullah khayran OP.

Jumah Mubarak to fello NL Muslims.

5 Likes

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 22, 2016
Akshow:
To avoid jabs and insane comments from the NLers.
It's an act of showing respect to my religion. Christians too are free to do the same or take any measure to protect their religion from NLers foolish posts. U grab?

10 Likes

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by NorthernParrot: 11:33am On Apr 22, 2016
Bimiafashion:

those wearing niqab!).

May Allah reward you

8 Likes

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by k4kenny(f): 11:34am On Apr 22, 2016
Beautifully written smiley

On the issue of heat. I find it funny that I barely feel hot even when uncovered people are bitterly complaining. Someone once asked me how I haven't fainted in this heat with all my covering grin I guess the brain has just adjusted the internal body temperature.
People also think my husband is responsible for my dressing. Like I'm too dumb to make an independent decision, a man must force me to dress abi undecided

Ladies should understand the hijab is more than a clothing accessory, its a call of duty to Allah(swt). It goes beyond the dressing all the veil. It also encompassing of the character, mannerisms etc.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Canme4u(m): 11:35am On Apr 22, 2016
Nice piece.

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by idu1(m): 11:38am On Apr 22, 2016
Ok
Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by jsea(m): 11:39am On Apr 22, 2016
I pirri u..............Dress like a masquerade and call it religion

25 Likes

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by dahaz(m): 11:40am On Apr 22, 2016
Nice thread op.

but seriously our muslim organizations should do more in protecting our sisters in hijab.The way a lady was seriously searched in uyo airport the other day baffles me.simply because she is in hijab.After searching her she was last to enter the plane cos she was subjected to several rounds of screening.

may God continue to bless our muslim sisters in hijab.BTW every lady in hijab looks more prety.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Rafob(m): 11:47am On Apr 22, 2016
i seriously love the write up God almighty Alha will continue to guide and increase your knowledge ameena ma salad.

4 Likes

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Saheed69(m): 11:50am On Apr 22, 2016
Alhamdulilahi, may Allah protect and guide our sisters.
I served in the north and I really enjoyed my stay thewe (even though most of them don't know the reason for putting on the Hijab.)

But coming back to south west, it's like ..... It think some of our sisters need to be lecture on how the hijab should be put on. U will see a sis putting on hijab and a tight dress.

Jazakaallhu khyran to the O. P

8 Likes

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by TinyIslamic92: 11:51am On Apr 22, 2016
jsea:
Hey kid here is not your playground so kindly Bleep off the thread angry

9 Likes

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by yusfner(m): 11:53am On Apr 22, 2016
love the write-up. May Allah bless the op

4 Likes

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Saheed69(m): 11:56am On Apr 22, 2016
jsea:

Why don't you mind your business. Is she complaining to you?

You know what, I prefer a muslimah to dress like that than she should be walking around with half naked clothes.

8 Likes

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by Beetobee(f): 11:59am On Apr 22, 2016
I get that a lot at work. My answer: Muslim women cover their bodies in emulation of Mary the mother of Jesus. As a chaste and pure woman, that was how she dressed; as such, we are enjoined to follow suit. For the unfortunate ones that use hijab to perpetrate crime, they are in deep trouble o.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by gifsCEC: 12:00pm On Apr 22, 2016
Bimiafashion:

those wearing niqab!).

Dey there dey deceive yourself. Shior!! angry

You get all dressed up like a masquerade and come here to get validation from NLders?? Rabish indeed.

Congrats. you guys have converted me by using e-jihad.

14 Likes

Re: Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. by gifsCEC: 12:02pm On Apr 22, 2016
TinyIslamic92:
Hey kid here is not your playground so kindly Bleep off the thread angry

Is the word in bold Islam compliant?

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Salat Questions / Nigerian Pilgrim Dies In Saudi Arabia / What's Islam View On Mouth Action?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.