Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,888 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them (9205 Views)

FG Disburses N5,000 Monthly Stipends To Katsina Poor / Osun Disburses First Tranche Of Paris Club Refund Released By FG / FAAC Disburses N386bn To FG, States, Lgs In November 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by stephenduru: 9:37pm On Apr 20, 2016
In a bid to empower small and medium scale business owners in the state, Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has approved the disbursement of business loans to 35000 less privileged business operators under the CBN N2billion Micro, Small and Medium Entreprises Development Fund.

Under the first phase, Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike approved a list of 35,000 from the 23 Local Government Areas of the State. Amongst these beneficiaries are Indigenes and non-indigenes resident in Rivers State.

The list of beneficiary small and medium scale business owners included: barbers, plantain sellers, restaurant owners, painters, tailors, hairdressers, traders, market women, mechanics, fishermen, farmers etc. These are the ordinary folks committed to developing themselves with the support of the government.

The empowerment loans approved by the governor is being distributed by the Rivers State Micro Finance Agency.

The beneficiaries got their loans in this order:

1) Cosmopolitan Microfinance Bank: #9 Agudama street, D/line Port Harcourt. This is for the people of: Opobo/Nkoro, Oyigbo ,Andoni,Asari Toru ,Bonny ,Degema, Eleme , Gokana , All Traders , Market women and all non Indigenes.

2) RIMA Growth Pathway Microfinance Bank: Located at Rivers State Secretariat Complex, Podium Block, Port Harcourt. This is for the people of: Obio Akpor ,PHALGA ,Khana , Okirika

and Omuma .

3) PREMIUM Microfinance Bank: plot 202 Olu Obasanjo Road, Port Harcourt. This is for the people of: Abua/Odual ,Ahoada East ;Ahoada West ,Emohua ,Ogu/Bolo ,Etche ,Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni , Akuku Toru ,Tai and Ikwere .

The injection of the N2billion into the businesses of the less privileged in the state has kick-started the expansion of many of these businesses. The multiplier effect is already being felt by the people in the lower rung of the economic ladder. The empowerment programme has led to employment opportunities as several beneficiaries have expanded their businesses.

Prior to the disbursement of the loans , Governor Wike organised a training session for all the beneficiaries on how to effectively use the loans to improve on their respective businesses.

Simeon Nwakaudu,

Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor, Electronic Media.

20th April , 2016.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/gov-wike-empowers-35000-small-business.html

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by itstpia8: 9:39pm On Apr 20, 2016
that's nice.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by swagaholic: 9:40pm On Apr 20, 2016
WIKE, the talk nd DO governor!!!! Rivers people re solidly behind u!!! Carry go

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by diegwu01: 11:00pm On Apr 20, 2016
35000, thats great! the other day he donated Science equipment to 250,000 Secondary schools. over 900km of roads constructed also..

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by bgates: 4:55am On Apr 21, 2016
[size=15pt]

front-page

Admin

[/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by Eboski(m): 6:01am On Apr 21, 2016
nice

1 Like

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by mrvitalis(m): 6:40am On Apr 21, 2016
Lol indeed we are back to odili days
.. . What type of business will someone do with 57k?
And believe me u this money is just shared between PDP ward executives.(I have a sister who will receive this money and there are 8 others who will share it with her),

Come to port harcourt every where looking dirty... . The primary schools I used to use to brag for my friends in lag are now an too bad... Grass everywhere

This indeed the type of governor Rivers people want... .

9 Likes

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by Dannieln1: 8:43am On Apr 21, 2016
This guy above me is a scammer...
Infact this is scam alert

appreciate any lil positive thing you get from this government of change...

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by gen2briz(m): 8:44am On Apr 21, 2016
Wike wike....

1 Like

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by YelloweWest: 8:44am On Apr 21, 2016
My governor! Always making news for all the right reasons.

We your people from rivers state love you!

9 Likes

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by Sunnycliff(m): 8:45am On Apr 21, 2016
WIKE, is working, haters can drown in the timber waters!!!

Wike teaching Amaechi good governance!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by Okijajuju1(m): 8:45am On Apr 21, 2016
stephenduru:

In a bid to empower small and medium scale business owners in the state, Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has approved the disbursement of business loans to 35000 less privileged business operators under the CBN N2billion Micro, Small and Medium Entreprises Development Fund.

Under the first phase, Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike approved a list of 35,000 from the 23 Local Government Areas of the State. Amongst these beneficiaries are Indigenes and non-indigenes resident in Rivers State.

The list of beneficiary small and medium scale business owners included: barbers, plantain sellers, restaurant owners, painters, tailors, hairdressers, traders, market women, mechanics, fishermen, farmers etc. These are the ordinary folks committed to developing themselves with the support of the government.

The empowerment loans approved by the governor is being distributed by the Rivers State Micro Finance Agency.

The beneficiaries got their loans in this order:

1) Cosmopolitan Microfinance Bank: #9 Agudama street, D/line Port Harcourt. This is for the people of: Opobo/Nkoro, Oyigbo ,Andoni,Asari Toru ,Bonny ,Degema, Eleme , Gokana , All Traders , Market women and all non Indigenes.

2) RIMA Growth Pathway Microfinance Bank: Located at Rivers State Secretariat Complex, Podium Block, Port Harcourt. This is for the people of: Obio Akpor ,PHALGA ,Khana , Okirika

and Omuma .

3) PREMIUM Microfinance Bank: plot 202 Olu Obasanjo Road, Port Harcourt. This is for the people of: Abua/Odual ,Ahoada East ;Ahoada West ,Emohua ,Ogu/Bolo ,Etche ,Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni , Akuku Toru ,Tai and Ikwere .

The injection of the N2billion into the businesses of the less privileged in the state has kick-started the expansion of many of these businesses. The multiplier effect is already being felt by the people in the lower rung of the economic ladder. The empowerment programme has led to employment opportunities as several beneficiaries have expanded their businesses.

Prior to the disbursement of the loans , Governor Wike organised a training session for all the beneficiaries on how to effectively use the loans to improve on their respective businesses.

Simeon Nwakaudu,

Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor, Electronic Media.

20th April , 2016.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/gov-wike-empowers-35000-small-business.html

Washing..

2 Likes

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:45am On Apr 21, 2016
Who counted them?

3 Likes

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by Okijajuju1(m): 8:46am On Apr 21, 2016
mrvitalis:
And believe me u this money is just shared between PDP ward executives.(I have a sister who will receive this money and there are 8 others who will share it with her),

Come to port harcourt every where looking dirty... . The primary schools I used to use to brag for my friends in lag are now an too bad... Grass everywhere

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa...

Na now you dey realise? grin grin grin grin

The moment I saw Peter Odili standing right next to Wike at his numerous thanksgiving services, I actually wept for my beloved state and the Niger Delta in General.

6 Likes

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by gbaskiboy: 8:48am On Apr 21, 2016
He's is a public servant, he should nt be praised much. He's serve people and he's living up to his commitments. Well done baba wike, more works in progress

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 21, 2016
That is good of him.

smiley
Hope he does more.
Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by Kherry: 8:52am On Apr 21, 2016
Mr stomach infrastructure won't learn from diz man.............
Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by OlujobaSamuel: 8:53am On Apr 21, 2016
which kind rubbish be this? this is just 57000, wetin dey wan use am do if not to eat?

1 Like

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by BabaAlaji(m): 8:53am On Apr 21, 2016
mrvitalis:

Till now I know receive my own to.
Na look I dey so dey do oooooooo, shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by amtaken(f): 8:53am On Apr 21, 2016
That's one thing about PDP states: always impacting lives very positively.

God bless PDP.

God bless Wike.

God bless Rivers State.

God bless Nigeria.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by 1wolex85: 8:55am On Apr 21, 2016
diegwu01:
35000, thats great! the other day he donated Science equipment to 250,000 Secondary schools
Rivers state has 250,000 secondary schools! hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by ridwanayo(m): 8:56am On Apr 21, 2016
Zombies nd d hating haters won't like this,
Zombies are robot-like paranoid people,they av brain but can't use it,all dy dy do is follow there pay-master even if he leads them hell

Be smart don't be a zombie

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by criminalmindz: 8:58am On Apr 21, 2016
mrvitalis:

Keep quiet

5 Likes

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by Loonyy(m): 9:02am On Apr 21, 2016
Okijajuju1:

Washing..
So u had to quote the whole tin just to type washing! Smh!!

1 Like

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by HirstMOG(m): 9:04am On Apr 21, 2016
mrvitalis:

pictures or I don't believe you!!!

1 Like

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by Okijajuju1(m): 9:06am On Apr 21, 2016
Loonyy:

So u had to quote the whole tin just to type washing! Smh!!

Washing..
Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 21, 2016
mrvitalis:

BAD BELLE I SEE YOU!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by mrtantalizers(m): 9:08am On Apr 21, 2016
I'm not a fan of Wike. But Kudos to use sir.
This is far better than one noise maker who
opted to give rice and 200 to his pple. They
called it small businesses for those of u saying
d money is too small. U can start a shoe
making or selling busines with less. But Nija
uth are too proud. u hear them say "I can do
ds, I cant do dt. Abeg na which one una wan di
self? Honestly Wike tried. Only if d federal
government can borrow a leaf from this
instead of d unrealistic promise of two million
jobs annually.
d government is at fault, so also the uths. Give
an average Nija uth 200k and. next thing they
will do is to buy a phone worth more than
half. That's mentality. Living large but not
thinking and working hard.
Wike welk done.

7 Likes

Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by Sweetcollins: 9:09am On Apr 21, 2016
I love this news
It rekindles hope in ma heart
Sobs of hopes drops...
Re: Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them by OLADD: 9:13am On Apr 21, 2016
amtaken:
That's one thing about PDP states: always impacting lives very positively.

God bless PDP.

God bless Wike.

God bless Rivers State.

God bless Nigeria.

This is the same state where one clown failed to pay workers' salaries and pensions for months before relinquishing power yet he had the audacity to ask for people's votes in the last parliamentary election reruns.

PDP might not be perfect but one thing I cherish about them is been down to earth. They would never promise what they can't do unlike the professional scammers in the other party. I won't mention their names but the world knows.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking: Amaechi Corrupt Practices Currently Airing On AIT! Is Anybody Watching / Benue State Governor, Ortom Congratulates Atiku As He Clocks 72 / Court Frees Abdullahi Babalele, Atiku’s Son-in-law, Over $140,000 Laundering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.