Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,357 members, 7,808,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

A Nairaland's Observations And Comparison On A Visit To Owerri. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairaland's Observations And Comparison On A Visit To Owerri. (973 Views)

Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport / Woman Prays For Grandson In Rivers, Washes His Head, Feet Ahead Of Visit To Kano / Lagos To Owerri Is N12,600 On Dana Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Nairaland's Observations And Comparison On A Visit To Owerri. by Ekugbeh(m): 10:30pm On Apr 20, 2016
OWERRI: MY PERSPECTIVE ABOUT THE CITY.

OWERRI is the capital of Imo State. The HEARTLAND.
Located at SouthEastern Nigeria.
A city of Major Igbo by nativity.
Here. Am going to discuss my observations and comparison.

COMMUNICATION.
The poeple love speaking their language. You hear them at any expense speaking Igbo.
In the market, Bank, Road, name it.
From traffic officer to mobile Police officer. On our way going an officer stopped us saying ''obere ego'' what does that mean?
Well my fellow Igbo niqqurs could do the needful.
Even in public places, it's only the Igbo language you could hear not even Pidgin_English unlike where am from. UGHELLi.

SECURITY.
Mehhn..... This place is a Heaven from my view when compared to UGHELLi and some other places if i may say.
You could walk freely even at 2am, in the area i am (MCC ROAD). I always see some dudes always outside close to the road sitted gisting every evening. Unlike
In UGHELLi,
if are found walking or gathered especially boys like that in the night, just around 8pm, guy na you know wetin you de fyn o...
It's either you are snatched by
1. ''ELOKPA'', "BAKASI"
or by
2. JVCs, Mafites, Bangers, Vickiz etc.
Coz those boiz them small o... Buh them no ge joy at all...
If you are caught by no.1 hehehe..... Jez smile coz ur own beta.
No just panick coz ur phone and any other accesories would be intact.
Jez call ur parents to bring 10k. No long tin.

Buh if it's no.2.
Boy, No just dispute with them o..
Just raise ur hand up mak dem collect wetin dem wan collect, mak dem go or else,
it's either dem giv u short-live dat is if God is by ur syd or na u and God knw the rest.

ENVIRONMENT.
In this place, you can sleep in your verandah till twilight buh the cool no be here o.... No mosquitoe at all....
Nice place but i hear say snake full d place, buh ah neva still bliv sha.
Gud reddish soil viable soil for planting, since the robust and greenish cassava leaves and other crops indicates the viability of the aforementioned soil.
So, one of the busiest axis i have gone to, is the DOUGLAS ROAD, OWERRI.
And the most beautiful junction is the
FREEDOM FALLS.
This place is always an attention seeker. It really speak loud like the name.
But the beautiful area i have visited is the Governor's and commissioners lodge.
This place is WOW! Tho.

BABES.
Guys...
Hehehe...
Immediately you land here.
If you are driving concentrate well o...
Cause u could hit the next vehicle.
Them ge babes o....
Fair pepely babes with beta body features.
If you come here seeking for marriage, you better settle for one o...
Cause ages wuld pass and you are still looking for which to settle with.
Them try for babes sha..

Grooving...
@ MCC road na till twilight i heard.

Plz Feel free to add yours.
I lay my pen.

Cc. Lalasticala plz do the needful.
Thank you.
Re: A Nairaland's Observations And Comparison On A Visit To Owerri. by okirewaju(f): 10:35pm On Apr 20, 2016
WaZoBia states usually speak their language while carrying out their daily activities unlike Delta/Benin axis where you find some indigenes speaking pidgin english

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Budget Size Hotels Close To Victoria Island / Help: I Want To Apply For Visa Lottery / How Do I Get My Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.