Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process (6648 Views)

JAMB Makes N8.5 Billion From 2018 Admission Forms / Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor / NIH, USA Grants Covenant University N1.5 Billion For Bio-research (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by Otunbalarry: 11:45pm On Apr 20, 2016
OAU lecturers accuse
school management of
administering N3.5
billion without due
process

April 20, 2016 Olanrewaju Oyedeji

The Budget Monitoring
Committee of the Academic
Staff Union of Universities,
Obafemi Awolowo University,
has accused the management
of the institution of
expending N3. 5billion meant
for hostel renovation and
construction of new lecture
theaters in breach of due
process and transparency.
The funds were part of the
N100billion released by the
Federal Government in 2013
for all universities in
response to the long drawn
agitations of ASUU against
the government.
The implementation
monitoring committee had
spelt out guidelines for
accessing the intervention
fund for Nigerian Public
Universities, but the school
failed to abide by the
guidelines.
According the report of the
committee addressed to ASUU
members, and which was
obtained by PREMIUM TIMES,
the management failed to
follow due process in contract
awarding as well as failing to
utilize needs assessment
phase 1 funds made available
to the institution in August
2013 as required by the
guidelines.
The report which was signed
by the committee’s chairman,
A.O, Aderibigbe, on 4th of
January 2016, also noted that
the approval for the release
of the funds was done in
writing by the Permanent
Secretary of the Federal
Ministry of Education
addressed to the Vice
Chancellor of OAU on 23rd of
August 2013.
The report indicated that the
letter from the Ministry of
Education conveyed the
approval of NI3.5billion
needs Assessment phase 1,
funds to OAU under the Special
university revitalization programme
based on the needs Assessment report.
The monitoring committee reported that
the following projects, namely
Rehabilitation/Renovation of hostels for
N200million; Rehabilitation/Renovation
of lecture theaters and lecture rooms for
N250million; Construction of new
facilities-Hostels, N 2billion;
Construction of new facility -Lecture
Theaters and lecture rooms, N300million
and Construction of new facility -
Laboratories and Library, N300million,
all totaling N3.5billion, were to be
carried out as approved.
The committee noted that the second
tranche of the funds totaling
N2.833billion was transferred from the
Central Bank of Nigeria to two
commercial bank accounts operated by
the institution.
Foramfera
“On 30/09/2014 I was reliably informed
that the sum of N2,833,703,703.61 was
transferred from the CBN into the OAU
account with the bank and in this regard
the university administration directed
an officer to issue receipts as follows (a)
First Bank, account no: 2023659287
Account name:OAU Special
revitalization programmer Account ,
Amount N1,308,703,703.61billion and
Zenith Bank, Account
number:1013549122 Account name: OAU
Presidential Implementation of Needs
Assessment Account, Amount
:N1,525,000,000billion and the officer
complied, the truth will surely prevail
sooner than later,” Mr. Aderibigbe stated
in the report.
“The letter informing the university of
the transfer of N3.5billion directed that
there should be strict compliance with
the procurement act 2007 in the
implementing of the projects.”
The ASUU monitoring committee stated
that while the approval letter quoted an
allocation of the sum of 3.5billion, the
university claimed it received only
N2.833billon.
The committee wondered how an
allocation of N3.5billion naira meant to
execute projects worth the same sum,
would turn out to become N2.833billion.
The committee further alleged that the
university had unilaterally identified,
prioritized and awarded contracts for
some of the projects with total exclusion
and sidelining of university budget
monitoring committee,
ASUU BMC said that in compliance with
the IMC Guidelines the projects should
be awarded with the knowledge of
ASUU’s monitoring committee, adding
that the management was in violation of
stipulated guidelines and due process .
The Public Relations Officer of the
institution, Abiodun Olanrewaju, told
PREMIUM TIMES that ASUU’s allegation
was false, as all funds received by the
institution from the Federal
Government had been judiciously used.
He said the management of OAU had
also been transparent in the handling of
the funds and the execution of projects
in line due process of procurement.
“To the best of my knowledge we always
advertise all the infrastructural projects
in two national newspapers and the
tenders journal in Abuja,” Mr.
Olanrewaju said.
“Fortunately, my office is in charge of
placing the adverts for interested
persons to be aware.
“If there is agreement between the
management and ASUU regarding the
administration of the funds, I am not
aware.”

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/202119-oau-lecturers-accuse-school-management-administering-n3-5-billion-without-due-process.html

cc: fynestboi

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by Florblu(f): 11:48pm On Apr 20, 2016
Hence they wanna embark on 190days leave Evuls people

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by dayowunmi(m): 3:04am On Apr 21, 2016
EFCC, food is ready o. Code of conduct bureau, you might want to take a look too

7 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by maxwell767(m): 6:43am On Apr 21, 2016
Hummmm....
Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by laurel03(m): 6:44am On Apr 21, 2016
Some people will be telling us that at least to be a president of Nigeria you must be Phd holder... This is university community were Professors, Phd, Emeritus etc leads. Corruption is Nigeria general culture...

7 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by eshietIntrepid(m): 6:45am On Apr 21, 2016
The level of curruption in nigeria is alarming, I personally believe that if u can tackle corruption at the university level then 50percent of it solve.

These are he ones sending reall corrupt people to the society.

Pls efcc should come to uniport because here is where corruption is celebrated.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by suxes2005(m): 6:45am On Apr 21, 2016
Everybody don turn whistle blower.

Fight against corruption is real

God bless PMB

God bless Nigeria

May God punish all these corrupt
Leaders and expose them all soonest.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by 9jamusicanalyst(m): 6:50am On Apr 21, 2016
So bcuz dem nor give am he cut he cum dey wail abi...mtchew...na today yansh dey back abi!!
Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by TeamSimple(m): 6:50am On Apr 21, 2016
No wonder that school hostel be like kuje prison annex.

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by Nobody: 6:50am On Apr 21, 2016
Oau!!! Berra don't drag down yhur skul wit yhur very own hands, na only you waka come
Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by engrlarex(m): 6:52am On Apr 21, 2016
nna bia
Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by ednut1(m): 6:54am On Apr 21, 2016
kwaraption
Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by prinsam30: 6:57am On Apr 21, 2016
you guys should just chill OK, cos I'm tired of all these figures, millions this billions that, na wetin self, dis intimidation is just too much

Baba pls bless me to shame my enemies
Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 21, 2016
Its most universities owned by state and fg
Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by martolux(m): 7:02am On Apr 21, 2016
"kalokalo gbe nkan mi senu wuye". I think it's time for the government to start scrutinizing our educational sector before It goes out of hand.

3 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by prodigy97(m): 7:11am On Apr 21, 2016
corruption everywhere
Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by OlujobaSamuel: 7:16am On Apr 21, 2016
to all the president must be a professor crew, what do you have to say about this?
this is not a professor but lots of professors.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by allansie(m): 7:23am On Apr 21, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by Jaymaxxy(m): 7:25am On Apr 21, 2016
Professor Bamitale Omole is the worst Vice chancellor in the history of Obafemi Awolowo University. During his regime, fees were increases with little to show for it. Imagine Ife constructing swimming pool for #500million and yet the state of Great Ife halls of residence are so critical. May God give OAU a better VC come June.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by dedons: 7:28am On Apr 21, 2016
When I say Yolloba people are too corrupt,some idiiots will come for my head.
If you think i'm telling lies,ask thief-nubu and OBJ.
Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by ademega(m): 7:34am On Apr 21, 2016
indirect letter to Efcc
Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by oladam23(m): 7:37am On Apr 21, 2016
Corruption has eaten deep into every sector in Nigeria. Is that why the lectures are going for 3months leave? Criminal minds......
Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by Akposb(m): 7:39am On Apr 21, 2016
Nothing worse than crime and corruption in the Ivory tower.
Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by Standing5(m): 7:43am On Apr 21, 2016
The reason why private school are gaining grounds on public schools.
Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by michealade(m): 7:44am On Apr 21, 2016
In oau,corruption and opression Na the trend Na...

Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by mhizbright: 7:46am On Apr 21, 2016
hmmmm this is serious
Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by emeralddayo(f): 7:53am On Apr 21, 2016
guess they will finally probe omole.
Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by Ramon92: 8:00am On Apr 21, 2016
And the management will be peddling lies and suspending Student Union leaders and students who are bold enough to look them in the eyes and fight for their rights and for them to defend these sums..
Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by Ramon92: 8:07am On Apr 21, 2016
The Public Relations Officer of the
institution, Abiodun Olanrewaju, told
PREMIUM TIMES that ASUU’s allegation
was false, as all funds received by the
institution from the Federal
Government had been judiciously used.
He said the management of OAU had
also been transparent in the handling of
the funds and the execution of projects
in line due process of procurement.
project like the construction of the new but irrelevant gigantic Senate building, at the expense of hostel rehabilitation, new lecture theatres..
Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by onoslove(f): 8:15am On Apr 21, 2016
This is the very reason why I am angry whenever Assu is complaining that our Universities are not well funded. If you know the level of corruption that goes on in our Universities, you will weep. I know of a University that has received more than 12billion in its 8 years of operation , yet the total buildings in the school is just 10, main while, Covenant University built it's first phase with about 4 billion,and Bishop Oyedepo said 4 billion will complete the other phase with all the lighting and fittings . Corruption can never be fought to a stand still in this Country. Let no one deceive us.
Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by diplomat058(m): 8:22am On Apr 21, 2016
dedons:
When I say Yolloba people are too corrupt,some idiiots will come for my head.

If you think i'm telling lies,ask thief-nubu and OBJ.
your narrow-mindedness is alarming. your logical mechanistic defficiencies are advancing. All these make your personality idiotic and your stupidity legendary. Get a life, you ethnic bigot.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturers Accuse Mgt Of Administering N3.5 Billion Without Due Process by chrixus(m): 8:31am On Apr 21, 2016
'Abiku Omole' just have to go, he has truncated people's life... Imagine his convoy is more than A deputy governor's own. You know how popular a leader is by the number of his security

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Top (WTF) Facts You Never Know (photos) / See What This Osun Girl Did(achieved) With Her Hijab / Is Homework A Waste Of Time For Primary School Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.