Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,419 members, 7,800,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d (7271 Views)

Batch A 16 Stream II Kano Corpers / NYSC: Prospective 2016 Batch B Corps Members. Lets Meet Here / Cross-river Batch A '16 Stream 1 Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by Walexz02(m): 12:41am On Apr 21, 2016
this is the official thread for corps members posted to sokoto state.
do not be disappointed that you are posted to sokoto state as there is always an opportunity in every disappointment.
As for those of us who already wished to be posted to the sultan state, I say welcome grin
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by Walexz02(m): 12:50am On Apr 21, 2016
Pls copy and post url of any exciting thread of sokoto batch A16 corps member to avoid having multiple thread.

Here is the official thread for sokoto batch b 15
https://www.nairaland.com/2683400/sokoto-batch-b15-corp-members#39254193
We have many things to learn from the thread.
As we move on I'll be mentioning monikers of out going corps members from sokoto for advice and tips on how best to enjoy our stay in the state
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by Walexz02(m): 1:08am On Apr 21, 2016
SK camp is bearable at least....... However get ready to shot put through out ur stay.... Camp is always stressful except at night when u get to chill at few hidden corners.... U will enjoy normal camp like jz won't be bubbling like lagos... For guys dat drink u might be having difficulties cus here is no alcohol land.... But any type of smoking is allowed even on camp.... For cheeks lovers get ready to catch any type of babe either Short or tall, fair or dark, beautiful made or fearfully made.... Bfo u toast finish girls r already nodding yes cus they want to eat plenty at mami market... For camp food haba it can make u cry... So small and tasteless..... So if u ain't got money to flex at mami OYO 4 u... For d soldier they were friendly during our time

have bn posted to Sokoto welcome to the seat of the caliphate...... Don't need to be scared of anything except weather. Come wt enuf cardigan and socks to hide ur legs, don't bother come wt all dis lotion creams cus it's gonna be useless instead buy a bottle of groundnut oil or glycerin to rub ur body... If u like washing ur clothes ursef buy 1kg of a detergent cus u r really gonna b washing a lot better still boys r on ground to wash 4 u. ....... All my advice is because of d weather (a very dry dusty harmattan on its way and definitely will start in few days) .... For d ajebos like me get ready for a sun dat will dry u nd make u down like 4 sachet of water at a ⌚....... The last time rain fell was middle of September Expecting u guy..... However it's a lovely environment to serve..... Very funny somebori r dese Hausa fefu grin...... [s]U cud join me on WhatsApp 07036680500 4 more details[/s]
Excerpts from 2015 batch B sokoto state corps members thread...you see its not that bad cool
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by Walexz02(m): 1:23am On Apr 21, 2016
To refresh our memories here are some tips again
Quick Tips And Advice For Youth Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp

1. There are washer men and women available at your disposal for mostly the Aje-butter children and those who do not want to stress themselves. I can proudly say I used them. Registration stops 12 midnight preceding swearing –in day.

2. Never forget to wear your cap

3. You would be given your meal ticket. Never misplace it. I actually never used mine till end of camp.

4. I never knew what otondos meant ==MUMU

5. Adjustment of clothes: You definitely have to adjust your khaki given, no one escapes this. Make sure you do this on time and also make sure you follow those tailors up if not you would be given flimsy excuses. Ensure you negotiate price for adjustment very well. They think you have money to waste.

6. You would meet different types of human beings the crazy, spoilt, razz, dirty, complicated, silly, holy, party, drunk, beautiful, ugly, different tribes etc. Be open-minded and smile at someone. New friends! The truth of the matter is, you shouldn't go through camp alone.

7. Read your call up letter thoroughly both back and front

8. Just have enough t-shirts and shorts to wear throughout the week because some camps, the activities are time consuming leaving little or no time for you during the week till weekend.

9. You will be fed three times a day in camp, but the food is barely edible. The kitchen is run by incredibly hard working women who are assisted by fellow otondos from different platoons assigned to the kitchen for each meal.

10. If you are someone who loves to eat good food, or you don’t want to have the mammy feel, no problem just come loaded to camp with provisions. Like cereals and beverages, garri, biscuits etc. You should also hold extra cash to eat at the Mammy market, you will get good food there and won’t spend much to eat well, and the price however depends on the state to which you have been posted.

11. There are places available where you can charge your batteries at the camp market.

12. Always fetch water down for the next morning. You can be shocked that water supply might finish before it gets to your turn and that’s the end for you .As for drinking water you either bought pure water or bottled water; there was no free drinking water whatsoever.

13. Ladies try not to go with heavy or synthetic hair to avoid excess heat and time to care for it. You could advisable make short hair to avoid heat and save time, I did a short hair which lasted me three weeks, braids is also advisable, don’t do lace wig or even fringe.

14. Pocket Money: The question is “How much money do you really need for the NYSC Orientation Course, you will be paid a N1, 500 allowance once you arrive the NYSC camp and also another one (first ALLAWI) after 3 to 4 days on camp. if you intend to drink and hang out at the Mami market, then you can take more money depending on how much you can finish, be wise though!

15. Just be prepared to wait in line for EVERYTHING

16. The bathrooms and toilets are nothing to write home about. It is always dirty and terrible in fact if not careful disease could be contacted. Well some ladies don’t know about guys, had buckets for the sole purpose of relieving themselves with what I can call 'pit bucket'

17. Do not dare the soldiers, some can be ruthless and you know they have authority to deal with you in name of discipline.

18. Always switch your phones off or put them on silent while on parade ground. Just don’t bring it out, it could be seized and destroyed not minding if it’s a blackberry z10.

19. The accommodation was something else. Rooms were jam-packed with little or no space to pass and walk freely. I had up to 60 roommates if not more. It was always stuffy, dirty and ventilation was poor.

20. There are fellowships for Christians and Muslims. The 3 recognized associations are NCCF (NIGERIAN CHRISTAIN CORPERS FELLOWHIP), NACC (ANGLICAN) and MCAN (MUSLIM CORPERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA). But there were others like Redeemed, Winners, catholic, Christ embassy and deeper life. So you could make your choice. Also they have morning devotions and weekly service.

Overall, the NYSC camp was fun and I met a lot of people and I can say it was worth it was well worth it. It is an experience every Nigerian should have.
I will be here waiting to see you again with your comments and experiences on camp.
Till then wishing you a successful NYSC YEAR .may you all go and come in peace and not in pieces.

http://evatese./2013/03/03/quick-tips-and-advice-for-youth-corpers-before-leaving-for-orientation-camp/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by mapsmatician(m): 8:12am On Apr 21, 2016
Na wa o! So na only me n u dey here? Sokoto corpers are not much o...Camp will be so boring.
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by Walexz02(m): 8:15am On Apr 21, 2016
mapsmatician:
Na wa o! So na only me n u dey here? Sokoto corpers are not much o...Camp will be so boring.
Hahaha don't think like that... They would soon tart trooping in by evening.
You are welcome bro
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by Walexz02(m): 8:24am On Apr 21, 2016
We would be posting more tips and information about the state as time goes on. Stay tuned
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by mapsmatician(m): 9:22am On Apr 21, 2016
Walexz02:
Hahaha don't think like that... They would soon tart trooping in by evening. You are welcome bro
Thanks man!
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by Welcomme: 12:15pm On Apr 21, 2016
Sokoto
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by elvisz(m): 1:45pm On Apr 21, 2016
Team sokoto
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by ebuka10box(m): 3:40pm On Apr 21, 2016
Sokoto
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by Alhassanu(m): 4:09pm On Apr 21, 2016
I don Land oo
Sokoto Birnin Shehu
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by Welcomme: 10:41pm On Apr 21, 2016
There is a group already..Drop ur numbers so that u can b added..
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by tahyoh24(m): 11:55pm On Apr 21, 2016
Team sokoto 07035713776
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by timtimbeloved(m): 12:42am On Apr 22, 2016
team sokoto. pls how can someone get to sokoto from lagos by road and its like how many hrs journey? add me up pls 08036282276
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by ebuka10box(m): 1:06am On Apr 22, 2016
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by Vickkky: 1:21am On Apr 22, 2016
add me up
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by amanda87: 2:03am On Apr 22, 2016
Pls if u are going from Onitsha, hook me up so we can travel together. I will b leaving on Monday. 08033194697
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by deishola: 3:26am On Apr 22, 2016
08164323147..add up..
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by Alhassanu(m): 6:07am On Apr 22, 2016
08066531949 add me up
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by Alhassanu(m): 6:10am On Apr 22, 2016
timtimbeloved:
team sokoto. pls how can someone get to sokoto from lagos by road and its like how many hrs journey? add me up pls 08036282276

Lagos to Sokoto by road might be far.
You'll have to come through Abuja or Niger I think.
More like a 2 day journey.
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by mapsmatician(m): 8:11am On Apr 22, 2016
08179779667....pls is there anyone travelling from Uyo?
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by Phunmey95: 8:56am On Apr 22, 2016
Add me 07036544390
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by cupidsarrow(f): 9:03am On Apr 22, 2016
Hmph! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by seankoree: 9:20am On Apr 22, 2016
Team sokoto..... pls add me up 08166025300
I hope d place is okay?
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by Alhassanu(m): 10:22am On Apr 22, 2016
Who's doing the adding na.
Time dae go oo
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by Alhassanu(m): 10:22am On Apr 22, 2016
seankoree:
Team sokoto..... pls add me up 08166025300
I hope d place is okay?

Yes. The weather is quite harsh though
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by Alhassanu(m): 10:23am On Apr 22, 2016
cupidsarrow:

What is it na?
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by mapsmatician(m): 10:34am On Apr 22, 2016
Alhassanu:
Who's doing the adding na. Time dae go oo
Why not do the adding...u seem to knw much abt d state. Time dey go o.
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by Walexz02(m): 10:41am On Apr 22, 2016
Wao you guys are all well welcomed
Alahasanu have you been to sokoto before We can work out some thing from here..
Guys pls drop your current location so we can no where to start from.
I will be going from ibadan
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by Walexz02(m): 10:49am On Apr 22, 2016
Drop your number and location I will add you to the group asap.
I'll advice guys that would be going from west and south to dedicate two days for the journey in case of unforeseen circumstances.
Re: SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d by Walexz02(m): 10:51am On Apr 22, 2016
cupidsarrow:
Are you part of us or spying on us ma'am grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Were You Posted? / Contemporary Dynamics Of Non-oil Export Trade / Enugu Corps 15A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.