Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. (11965 Views)

NYSC Lagos Statement On Corps Member Crushed By Moving Train / Nysc Batch B Stream Ii Moving Train / Kaduna A16 Stream 1 CM: Moving From Ibadan/ Abeokuta, Get In Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by amodu(m): 12:50am On Apr 21, 2016
Don't be left out of this contingent going to the commercial hub of the whole Northern States.

For the necessary and pertinent information about Kano, meeting fellow campees and movement to the camp, HERE IS THE RIGHT DESTINATION.

NOTE: The former two created threads are obsolete as the first was created by '15 corp member and the second has a change of deployment.
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by amodu(m): 12:56am On Apr 21, 2016

Chommieblaq

Kano State is a state located in North-Western
Nigeria.[4] Created on May 27, 1967 from part
of the Northern Region, Kano state borders
Katsina State to the north-west, Jigawa State to
the north-east, Bauchi State to the south-east
and Kaduna State to the south-west. The capital
of Kano State is Kano. Kano is predominantly
Muslim, however Christians carry on with their
normal activities.

LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS
The State has 44 Local Government: Ajingi,
Albasu, Bagwai, Bebeji, Bichi, Bunkure, Dala,
Dambatta, Dawakin Kudu, Dawakin Tofa, Doguwa,
Fagge, Gabasawa, Garko, Garum Mallam, Gaya,
Gezawa,Gwale, Gwarzo, Kabo, Kano Municipal,
Karaye, Kibiya, Kiru, kumbotso, Kunchi, Kura,
Madobi, Makoda, Minjibir, Nasarawa, Rano, Rimin
Gado, Rogo, Shanono, Sumaila, Takali, Tarauni,
Tofa, Tsanyawa, Tudun Wada, Ungogo, Warawa,
Wudil.

ECONOMY
Kano State is the second largest industrial
center in Nigeria hence the name 'center of
Commerce' and the largest in Northern Nigeria
with textile, tanning, footwear, cosmetics,
plastics, enamelware, pharmaceuticals, ceramics,
furniture and other industries. Others include
agricultural implements, soft drinks, food and
beverages, dairy products, vegetable oil, animal
feeds etc. There are so many business
opportunities in Kano (here everything sells so
long it's well packaged).

Corpers can engage in many businesses to earn
extra cash (of course we need that extra slice)

TRANSPORTATION AND COST OF LIVING.
Now this is the main deal, Kano is the cheapest
state to serve, because transportation and
feeding won't cost you much thereby giving you
the opportunity to save up. Same applies to
house rent and many other basic amenities.

WEATHER
On average, the temperatures are always high,
although not as high as Sokoto, Borno, Yobe and
Adamawa.

The months January and August have a nice
average temperature.

Most rainfall (rainy season) is seen in April, May,
June, July, August and September.
Kano has dry periods in December January,
February and early March.

On average, the warmest month is April.
On average, the coolest month is August.
August is the wettest month.
January is the driest month.(and coldest).

SOCIAL LIFE
Flexing full for kano o lol,especially if you are
posted in the main town. Take Sabon gari for
instance, where there are joints, bars, hotels,
pubs and clubs in every nook and cranny. Trust
northerners and night life .

Kano is peaceful, fun, and cheap, many corpers
stay back after their services year. It's a very
good town to start up life.

1 Like

Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:02am On Apr 21, 2016
Amodu, na kaduna state u post o
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by amodu(m): 1:09am On Apr 21, 2016
LogoDWhiz:
Amodu, na kaduna state u post o

Thanks very much pressy for having my back, I have quickly modified it.
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by mrphysics(m): 1:27am On Apr 21, 2016
Posted to Kano. Chukwudi by name, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, department of Physics and Astronomy. hope I won't be posted to primary school or secondary school to teach? I need space and time to do business. Awaiting an answer. incase of a whatsapp group, do add
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:30am On Apr 21, 2016
amodu:

Thanks very much pressy for having my back, I have husband modified it.

Okay bro
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by amodu(m): 1:41am On Apr 21, 2016
mrphysics:
Posted to Kano. Chukwudi by name, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, department of Physics and Astronomy. hope I won't be posted to primary school or secondary school to teach? I need space and time to do business. Awaiting an answer. incase of a whatsapp group, do add 07063774377

You're welcome on board bro.

Me thinks you will be posted to school due to your course of study as such teachers are limited in school. And teaching is one thing I know that can afford you the luxury of time to venture into business and any other affairs.

By tomorrow the whatsapp group will be created.

Welcome once again
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by amodu(m): 1:43am On Apr 21, 2016
LogoDWhiz:

Okay bro

Why this incessant mistake I am committing this night

Just noticed ***husband*** above.

1 Like

Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by amodu(m): 1:44am On Apr 21, 2016
LogoDWhiz:

Okay bro

Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by amodu(m): 1:44am On Apr 21, 2016
LogoDWhiz:

Okay bro
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:45am On Apr 21, 2016
amodu:

Lol. It comes with the mood.
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by amodu(m): 1:50am On Apr 21, 2016
LogoDWhiz:

Lol. It comes with the mood.
Oh, I see
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by shubs(f): 5:27am On Apr 21, 2016
Hello am posted to Kano alsl
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by osytex: 5:39am On Apr 21, 2016
posted to Kano. osytex. . Anyone going from Owerri??
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by Nobody: 6:34am On Apr 21, 2016
lol
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by JaySab: 6:42am On Apr 21, 2016
Posted to Kano .. Please add me on what's group 08067347912
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by opiscoal(m): 6:44am On Apr 21, 2016
Kano!!!!! Oya let's go....
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by amodu(m): 8:01am On Apr 21, 2016
Ultimated1 Hi prospective A16 corp members, i want to welcome you all to Kano state in advance and i will also like to prepare your mind ahead of the service year. First of all as we this is heat period, the heat over here is terrible(but that aside) ensure you come with light wears and rubber shoes ahead of the raining season. Also note that as for NYSC kits, its a matter of first come first serve; that is those that get to camp early will get best kit, better mattress and will participate in parade training for swearing in. Secondly, don't forget to come with every necessary documents as failure to bring this may debar you from gaining entrance into camp. For those that would love to stay back (i mean those that wont re-deploy) you can come with your luggages at once as we will be willing to accomodate you till you get your PPA after your three weeks. And lastly, we all know that kano state is a sharia state, our candid advice to ladies is that pls get as many clothes that will not reveal the sensitive parts of your body. As for the guys you dont have problem but the only problem you will have is if you are the flirty type. They wont allow you to flirt around with their girls this we tag"ba shiga" meaning "no Entry". To those of us that are business minded you are once again welcom to the commercial center.
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by amodu(m): 8:02am On Apr 21, 2016
shubs:
Hello am posted to Kano alsl
You're welcome dear
She will be going from where
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by amodu(m): 8:03am On Apr 21, 2016
osytex:
posted to Kano. osytex. . Anyone going from Owerri??
I salute you bro
I am going from Lagos
Stay tuned, an Owerri colleague will show up soon
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by amodu(m): 8:04am On Apr 21, 2016
Oteazy:
Hello there I am posted to Kano..Oluwatosin by name from Ifo Ogun State..07068845611..add me to the whatsapp group please

I greet you and I say Kaabo into our midst

That will be done
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by amodu(m): 8:11am On Apr 21, 2016
opiscoal:
Kano!!!!! Oya let's go....
Opiscoal, I greet you ooo
Welcome on board
Can you please voluteer to create the whatsapp group
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by opiscoal(m): 8:18am On Apr 21, 2016
amodu:

Opiscoal, I greet you ooo

Welcome on board

Can you please voluteer to create the whatsapp group
.... Ok, I would work on that immediately
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by graychuks(m): 8:24am On Apr 21, 2016
Gray here from university of Lagos .. Going from Lagos add me to d group 07064556552
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by amodu(m): 8:26am On Apr 21, 2016
opiscoal:
.... Ok, I would work on that immediately

Gratitude for acceding to the request

Check for numbers above and here is mine: 08083690368.
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by opiscoal(m): 8:40am On Apr 21, 2016
amodu:

Gratitude for acceding to the request

Check for numbers above and here is mine: 08083690368.
... Done that already, the group is up and running...
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by osytex: 9:31am On Apr 21, 2016
amodu:

I salute you bro
I am going from Lagos
Stay tuned, an Owerri colleague will show up soon
hopefully, thanks.
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by shubs(f): 10:08am On Apr 21, 2016
amodu:

You're welcome dear

She will be going from where
my WhatsApp no: 08132920795 pls how far with transportation
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by amodu(m): 10:22am On Apr 21, 2016
opiscoal:
... Done that already, the group is up and running...

Seen

Thumbs up bro
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by amodu(m): 10:24am On Apr 21, 2016
shubs:

I hope you have been added

And you haven't responded as to where your take off point is which will determine transportation.
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by shubs(f): 10:35am On Apr 21, 2016
amodu:

I hope you have been added

And you haven't responded as to where your take off point is which will determine transportation.
have not been added.. Take of point lag
Re: Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. by amodu(m): 10:41am On Apr 21, 2016
shubs:

shubs:
have not been added.. Take of point lag

Opiscoal, please do the needful

cc: Opiscoal

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NYSC Member Celebrates Mum Who Sponsored Him To University Working As A Farmer / NOUN Graduates Will Soon Be Able To Participate In NYSC, Law School – VC / After NYSC, What Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.