Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard (14345 Views)

Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly / Again, Another PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC In Lagos Assembly - Vanguard / National grazing bill has expired, says senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by abelabel: 8:37am On Apr 21, 2016
CONTRARY to the claim of the Senate, the controversial National Grazing Bill is before the National Assembly, Vanguard checks have revealed. Currently, the bill is at the House of Representatives and was sponsored by a first term legislator elected in 2015.

The Senate, in a statement by its Committee on Rules and Business, Tuesday, said the bill that was sponsored by Senator Zainab Kure, who represented Niger Central in the Seventh Senate was not before it, that it was presented for consideration in the last Senate and was rejected.

The Senate denial was in response to the request of Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, who wanted to know if the Senate was treating any such bill.

However, Vanguard checks show that the bill is alive. In fact, there are two of them and the House of Representatives had initiated moves to consolidate both bills.

The two bills are a Bill for an Act to establish the National Grazing Route and Reserve Commission, to establish and control Grazing Routes and Reserves in all parts of Nigeria; and for Other Matters Related Thereto (HB, 388) sponsored by Karimi Steve Sunday, PDP, Yagba East/Yagba West/Mopamuro Federal Constituency, Kogi State;
A Bill for an Act to create a Department of Cattle Ranches under the Federal Ministry of Agriculture or any such Ministry Overseeing the Production and Rearing of Cattle; and for Other Matters Related Thereto (HB 323) sponsored by Dickson Tarkighir (Makurdi/Guma Federal Constituency, Benue State.

According to a notice paper of the House of Representatives for the week March 14 to March 18, consolidation of both bills was scheduled for Tuesday, March 15.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/cattle-ranches-national-grazing-bills-national-assembly/
Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by Balkan(m): 8:46am On Apr 21, 2016
If this bill is allowed to pass the 1st reading, I will now know that southern Nigeria is doomed. Remember any grazing land becomes Fulani land. Also that means Fulanis will be natives in all the 36 states.

Remember anywhere the occupy the move with their Islamic agenda, which breeds terrorism.

Their agenda is working.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by Firefire(m): 9:59am On Apr 21, 2016
[s]
joborskill:
[b]I laugh at the ignorance displayed by many emotionally clouded Nigerians who are against the grazing bill proposed for the Fulani cattle rearers in all states of the Federation. Let's remember that like every other Nigerians, the Fulani's have the right to live and do their business in any part of the country. It is their constitutional right as Nigerians to own grazing fields in any choice location of the country so far it is paid for or provided by the government. We ought to applaud the move made by the federal govt because it will help in ending the unnecessary violence between the Farmers and the Herdsmen. By provision of grazing fields, the fulani's will be restricted to graze on an apportioned land provided by the federal govt. It will be a crime for them to graze their cattles on people's farms once the bill is passed into law. We should not castigate every fulani herdmen as killers because of the few bad ones among them. The incidence in Agatu and other parts of the country were perpetuated by cattle rustlers and not Fulani herdsmen. Cattle rustlers are armed terrorist who steal cattles from herdsmen and graze them around the country as a cover up for their terrorist acts. The ordinary Fulani herdsmen are peaceful people and will never harm innocent Nigerians. The fulani's do not move around with weapons but sticks to guide their cattle. I observed most critics of this Bill are from the eastern part of the country. The igbos need to realize that the federal govt owns all the land and territories in Nigeria and it can decide on how it chooses to use every inch of its territory. The fulani's have every right to graze in the SE and there is nothing any one can do about it. It is their right as a Nigerian just like the igbos are the most travelled tribe doing business in every part of the country. We cannot decide to restrict all igbo traders to the east because of the attitude of few bad eggs amongst them likewise the Fulani's. Most Nigerians criticized the federal govt when they decide to create ranches and import grasses from Brazil to graze these cattles so the herder wont roam about. Now the FG is shifting plans to create a grazing site for the herders in every state which is not a bad move by all standards. We are one Nigeria and we must learn to tolerate ourselves and live in peace. We must shun the politics of hatred and tribalism. Lord Luggard saw the potentials in our diversity before merging us up to form this great country. We must not allow ethnicity to cloud our sense of judgement when the federal govt proposes law that will favour every Nigerian. We must support the grazing bill so the Fulani's can do their business in peace. BTW i am a Yoruba man from the SW. proudly Nigerian cool[/b]
[/s]

156 Likes 17 Shares

Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by Sunnycliff(m): 10:17am On Apr 21, 2016
Let it be passed and see the end of this contraption!

As long as this bill is still alive I will continue to share my findings here for all to see, Read and be Wise!

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE GRAZING BILL

The Bill creates a council to be chaired by a Chairman to be appointed by the president.

The council shall have the power to take your land anywhere the land is located in the country and then pay you compensation.

Your land, when taken, shall be assigned to herdsmen who shall use your land for grazing purposes. They shall bring cows to the land and you shall lose the land permanently to those Fulani cattlemen.
If you feel that the council was not right to take your land, you can go to court but before you go to court, you must first of all notify the federal attorney general of your intention to sue the council. Apart from notifying, you must get the consent and authority of the Federal Attorney General before you can sue.

So that means that if the Attorney General refuses to give his consent to the suit, you have lost your land forever to the herdsmen.

And this law, when passed, shall apply to the whole country so it means that your land in the village or anywhere is not safe.

The National Grazing Reserve Council would have the power to take away your land from you anytime they want and pay you whatever they want as compensation (even when you don't want to sell, and remember that for you to get compensation, you must have documents showing or proving ownership).

So I think that we all in the South West, South South and South East must rise up and reject this Bill. We must do all things to force our national Assembly members from passing that bill into law.

That bill is a deliberate attempt to take our lands and hand the land over to the Fulani cattlemen since it is only the fulanis that rear cattle in Nigeria.
That law, when passed, shall fulfil the directive of Uthman Dan Fodio and other northern leaders to take over other parts of Nigeria.

I implore you to use all available means to implore your senator and Rep not to pass that law.

That law will destroy Nigeria.
All over the world, ranches are established and used to rear cattle. The farmers buy land and put there cattle there. There is no country where the land of the citizens are compulsorily acquired and given to others.

This is evil, and designed to favour the Fulanis where the president comes from.
We must resist the passage of that bill into law to save Nigeria, and to protect our future generations.

Emperor Ogbonnaya

96 Likes 10 Shares

Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 21, 2016
Hmm....the era of cattle herding is over.

Somehow....we got to modernize farming in Nigeria.

If we can somehow do some massive forestation projects up North....and find a way to make the Sahara Desert green again (thousands of years ago the Sahara desert was not a desert...it was greenland with adequate rivers and lakes....And lake Chad used to cover the whole of Borno and Yobe State too)....we might have an answer to this problem

2 Likes

Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by Dollyak(f): 10:17am On Apr 21, 2016
There is a potential of this bill being passed behind back doors.

6 Likes

Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 21, 2016
people should read the contents of the bill,the only way I can describe it is "modern day land grabbing "

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by 5starmilitant: 10:18am On Apr 21, 2016
[s]
joborskill:
[b]I laugh at the ignorance displayed by many emotionally clouded Nigerians who are against the grazing bill proposed for the Fulani cattle rearers in all states of the Federation. Let's remember that like every other Nigerians, the Fulani's have the right to live and do their business in any part of the country. It is their constitutional right as Nigerians to own grazing fields in any choice location of the country so far it is paid for or provided by the government. We ought to applaud the move made by the federal govt because it will help in ending the unnecessary violence between the Farmers and the Herdsmen. By provision of grazing fields, the fulani's will be restricted to graze on an apportioned land provided by the federal govt. It will be a crime for them to graze their cattles on people's farms once the bill is passed into law. We should not castigate every fulani herdmen as killers because of the few bad ones among them. The incidence in Agatu and other parts of the country were perpetuated by cattle rustlers and not Fulani herdsmen. Cattle rustlers are armed terrorist who steal cattles from herdsmen and graze them around the country as a cover up for their terrorist acts. The ordinary Fulani herdsmen are peaceful people and will never harm innocent Nigerians. The fulani's do not move around with weapons but sticks to guide their cattle. I observed most critics of this Bill are from the eastern part of the country. The igbos need to realize that the federal govt owns all the land and territories in Nigeria and it can decide on how it chooses to use every inch of its territory. The fulani's have every right to graze in the SE and there is nothing any one can do about it. It is their right as a Nigerian just like the igbos are the most travelled tribe doing business in every part of the country. We cannot decide to restrict all igbo traders to the east because of the attitude of few bad eggs amongst them likewise the Fulani's. Most Nigerians criticized the federal govt when they decide to create ranches and import grasses from Brazil to graze these cattles so the herder wont roam about. Now the FG is shifting plans to create a grazing site for the herders in every state which is not a bad move by all standards. We are one Nigeria and we must learn to tolerate ourselves and live in peace. We must shun the politics of hatred and tribalism. Lord Luggard saw the potentials in our diversity before merging us up to form this great country. We must not allow ethnicity to cloud our sense of judgement when the federal govt proposes law that will favour every Nigerian. We must support the grazing bill so the Fulani's can do their business in peace. BTW i am a Yoruba man from the SW. proudly Nigerian cool[/b]
[/s]

From the beginning, I already knew you were Yoruba.

65 Likes

Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 21, 2016
the bill will never make it to the senate so no need tongue tongue

5 Likes

Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by busybrain123(m): 10:19am On Apr 21, 2016
This people are still plying with peoples life...

4 Likes

Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by sunnyuche1(m): 10:19am On Apr 21, 2016
animals angry

2 Likes

Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by TippyTop(m): 10:19am On Apr 21, 2016
And my Poultry Farmers bill is up for debate too.
Poultry farmers should be able to get free land in any part of Nigeria.

Seems no one told the Fulanis they need to aquire ranches.

37 Likes

Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by Zico5(m): 10:20am On Apr 21, 2016
I think grazing routes need to be created to stop menace of this fulani herdmen and we need to monitor their activities wt two eyes opened. Their activities the way I see it is more than mere grazing as such need to be curtailed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 21, 2016
Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by Sunnycliff(m): 10:21am On Apr 21, 2016
joborskill:

When a people out of cowardice pledges allegiance for servitude, the choice of freedom of expression becomes an aberration!

I better stand on my toes to die than stay on my kneels for ever!

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by greatiyk4u(m): 10:22am On Apr 21, 2016
Ok na
Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by speak2me2015: 10:22am On Apr 21, 2016
Lands should also be a provided for southerners to do fish farming in the north. That is my contribution to the bill.

12 Likes

Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by EmmaOgbu(m): 10:24am On Apr 21, 2016
That is a welcome development
Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by IceMan85(m): 10:24am On Apr 21, 2016
angry I don't understand the noise about national grazing bill at all. Our government is importing grasses for herdsmen and they told us Sambisa forest is 3 times larger than Enugu state in land mass. We also know that bokoharam has been defeated technically. So plant grasses and convert sambisa forest to a ranch to all the herdsmen in Nigeria and let them transport their cow to every market point. Period!

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by cowgirl9090: 10:25am On Apr 21, 2016
joborskill:

These two comments by nairalanders am about post now truly shows you lack common sense .

"This op missed a lot of point in his advocacy for grazing fields for cattle herders.
if this bill becomes law this is what will happen next,
1) The Fulanis will settle there and start having
children. possibly with locally kidnapped
women or other northerners
2) Those children in 20 years will grow up and
claim that the land belongs to their ancestors
just like they did in plateau state.
3) Fight will begin between those Fulani
children and the local community.
4) Federal government will step in and split the
community in half for peace and give to the
fulani descendants what doesn't belong to
them.
5) With their newly gained power, they will start
fighting for political power and dominance of
the area.
Everything I just wrote has already happened
before so NOBODY can say that I am making
this up."
~by emancipation

"@OP- What's wrong with ranch system?
Your claim of being yoruba doesn't make your
point more acceptable.
The igbos you continuously cited didn't acquire
places of business by destroying other people's
settlement or means of livelihood nor did they
lobby for government policy to situate them.
My points:
1. adopt modern rearing techniques.
2. Disarm the herds men (they don't need
arms-according to the OP).
3. If they must get land, they should negotiate
with the land owners or community).
Simple"

~by mountlarry

^^these are common sense nairalanders

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by Smilelo(m): 10:26am On Apr 21, 2016
“I decided to read a copy of the National Grazing Reserve Council Bill and I was surprised at what I saw.
The Bill creates a council to be chaired by a Chairman to be appointed by the president.
The council shall have the power to take your land anywhere the land is located in the country and then pay you compensation.
Your land, when taken, shall be assigned to herdsmen who shall use your land for grazing purposes. They shall bring cows to the land and you shall lose the land permanently to those Fulani cattlemen.
If you feel that the council was not right to take your land, you can go to court but before you go to court, you must first of all notify the federal attorney general of your intention to sue the council. Apart from notifying, you must get the consent and authority of the Federal Attorney General before you can sue.
So that means that if the Attorney General refuses to give his consent to the suit, you have lost your land forever to the herdsmen.
And this law, when passed, shall apply to the whole country so it means that your land in the village or anywhere is not safe.
The National Grazing Reserve Council would have the power to take away your land from you anytime they want and pay you whatever they want as compensation (even when you don’t want to sell, and remember that for you to get compensation, you must have documents showing or proving ownership).
So I think that we all in the South West, South South and South East must rise up and reject this Bill. We must do all things to force our national Assembly members from passing that bill into law.
That bill is a deliberate attempt to take our lands and hand the land over to the Fulani cattlemen since it is only the fulanis that rear cattle in Nigeria.
That law, when passed, shall fulfil the directive of Uthman Dan Fodio and other northern leaders to take over other parts of Nigeria.
I implore you to use all available means to implore your senator and Rep not to pass that law.
That law will destroy Nigeria.
All over the world, ranches are established and used to rear cattle. The farmers buy land and put there cattle there. There is no country where the land of the citizens are compulsorily acquired and given to others.
This is evil, and designed to favour the Fulanis where the president comes from.
We must resist the passage of that bill into law to save Nigeria, and to protect our future generations”
Shared as received!

Call your senators not to pass that Bill.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 21, 2016
[s]
Sunnycliff:

When a people out of cowardice pledges allegiance for servitude, the choice of freedom of expression becomes an aberration!

I better stand on my toes to die than stay on my kneels for ever!
[/s]

Nnamdi kanu said more than this. We all know where he is at the moment. I stand with the fulanis

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by Chrisx1x(m): 10:26am On Apr 21, 2016
[s]
joborskill:
[/s] your mumu no get part 2.see as you even use black font take bold ur stupidity.This is the 21st century,if those fulanis want land for land for grazing let them go to sambisa forest.

35 Likes

Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by Olukat(m): 10:27am On Apr 21, 2016
If this bill is not killed, Fulani will kill Nigeria
#KillTheBill

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard by youngeagle(m): 10:27am On Apr 21, 2016
What sort of nonsense is this,there is something behind this bill,I think PMB and his fulani brother are up to something,with the havoc those herdsmen hve caused to different parts of this country you still want to legalize there evil tendencies....someone made mention of Islamizing this country I think that plan is still active too.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons / The Hottest And Sexiest President Alive (picture) / Senate Orders Unfreezing Of Patience Jonathan’s Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.