Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy (19026 Views)

I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / Wife Quarrels With Husband, Dumps Six-month-old Baby On Waste / Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by mulan(f): 8:52am On Nov 15, 2006
Terminating 6 Months Pregnancy

Please people my friend wants to terminate a 6 months pregnancy because its her second out of wedlock.

The guy involved has bailed on her, her mom is taking care of her 1st child and currently is very ill. Her siblings told her its better she kills herself than kill their mom.

People i tried talking her out of it or even having the baby and giving up for adoption, i really don't know what to say or do anymore. please options needed.

You guys are my last attempt at saving two souls right now.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by Seun(m): 8:59am On Nov 15, 2006
Is she a teenager who is ignorant of safe sex or did the condom get broken?

And why did she wait for six months before making the decision? Even nferyn won't support it at this stage.

You can't convince her to keep the baby unless you promise to be the one to take care of it. Can you?
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by Freewilly(f): 9:16am On Nov 15, 2006
I'm no medical Doctor, but I'm pretty sure having an abortion this late could be very risky for your friend. Giving the baby up for adoption would be the best bit in my own opinion.

And pls advise your friend to use protection the next time she has sex.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by Elizabeth(f): 9:22am On Nov 15, 2006
Once beaten twice shy,afterall she's not a pig! the pregnancy must have transform to a baby by now.my advice for her is to just leave it to avoid untimely death
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by ajolayo(m): 9:40am On Nov 15, 2006
This na wahala o.

In Nigeria, terminating a 6 month pregnancy is a precarious situation oh.
That is a baby already. In some centers if she delivers now, the baby would survive.
I even think its no longer abortion, it is murder.

She can still terminate though if she wants to by force. They have to stimulate labour and then she delivers the baby who would not survive. In Nigeria, a 6 months baby would not survive.
But please I wasn't the one that advised her to do it oh.

I am not an abortionist. I do not subscribe to it under such circumstances.
And infact abortion is illegal in Nigeria except the life of the mother is in Danger.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by Queen1(f): 9:40am On Nov 15, 2006
I advice your friend to keep the pregnancy, its too late now.
God will make a way out for her if she believes in him.Aborting at this stage will be very dangerous! And she should at least take caution next time!
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by kachii(m): 10:08am On Nov 15, 2006
telling u to keep the baby is very difficult but it appears to be the better option you have out of ur two difficult options.
if u go for an abortion you can lose your life and the life of the baby, and u will live under guilt and stigma for a long time especailly in naija because six months pergnancy is obvious.
Two if you keep the baby all it will cost you is a life of hard labour and sacrifices on your part which might pay you tomorrow.no one can say what that child in your womb can become tommorrow
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by smartsoft(m): 10:09am On Nov 15, 2006
God will never be happy with her if she trys to abort that baby
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by salehm(m): 10:24am On Nov 15, 2006
Huh this is a Tricky and risky thinng the person in question is about to undergo.Well i think it's possible but it's also risky but i think the girl should just lipsrsealed PLAY SAFE.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by algood(f): 11:00am On Nov 15, 2006
in this present age and time, will someone want to abort after six month of pregnancy,

it sounds unbelievable, anyway my advice for her since she can not take necessary precautions to avoid unwanted pregnancy, aborting the child right now should not be an option,
he who beats the drum should be ready to dance to the tune.

if she tries to abort of have an induced labour she stands a chance of 50/50.she is going to take two lifes if she dies she goes with direct flight to hell.
if she decides to keep the baby , no one can tell the good luck the baby will bring for her.
if there is life there is a hope for a better tomorrow.

provided she is determined to change her llife and desiny for better.
its never too late so far he is willing to retrace her life and give a meaning to it.

i really feel for the unborn child,
she should have the baby and give it out for adoption if u cant strugle to keep him/her.

if she lives to tell the story of abortion or having the child,please try and zip up,
u can do without sex, and if she cant let her protect herself.family planning is there?
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by diyobdw(f): 11:30am On Nov 15, 2006
tell her to write you her "WILL" since you can't stop her from commiting sucide anyway

six month? even a fool would know better angry

1 Like

Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by mulan(f): 12:00pm On Nov 15, 2006
u guys tanx so much, lets try not to be judgemental. Lets not throw away the baby with the bath water.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by markesh(m): 12:01pm On Nov 15, 2006
This is truly a terrible situation to be in. The child that is born this way is going to be unhappy. His mother will not take care of him, and his grandmother also not. His uncles and aunts are advicing his mother to kill herself. What type of childhood would this child have? The mother knows she is not capable of taking care of the child, so the birth of this child will further destroy her life. In particular, she can forget about finding another man.

On the other hand, who is to say that the child born into the circumstances of despair will not rise above them to become the person who will transform and change the world? Was the ex president of Germany not born to a single mum who was a cleaner? Everybody has the potential to be great, perhaps the life of adversity that this child will be born into will be the environment neccesary to create greatness.

Or maybe none of this will happen, and the child will be an average person, special in no way other than that we discussed its life here on this message board.

Tell the lady that what she has in her womb is not a burden, but a gift. Tell her that life has given her certain cards for a reason, and she can either throw them down and become nothing, und she can take what she got and make the very best of it.

1 Like

Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by kkutecolo(f): 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2006
@ markesh, that is truly an eye opener

its really terrible, anytin but aving an abortion is permitted. its no more an abortion but murvver. the deed is done already so i can't start listing her mistakes but try to find solutions. aving carried d pregnancy 4 6 months should av stabilised her a little of the social stigma. she shuld av the baby. no baby deserves to be deprived of coming to the world. it is absolute sin to kill, and thats exactly what she's about to do.

it is risky to terminate a baby at that point. it is not safe 4 her life. even if she lives to tell d story, other tins mite go wrong. she should just hope that sum kind of miracle will come up for the upbringing of the child. did i write babies? they cud be babies!!! well just think of dat.

her siblings shudbt av advised her to die. dont they realise her death can lead to their sick mother's death too? the agony will then be multiplied million of times.

i pray God will lead her aright.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by phantah(f): 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2006
tell your friend that she should not terminate that pregnancy. there are a lot of women out there who are looking to get pregnant. the worst case scenario she can apply to is to put that baby up for adoption. ultimately, she needs God in her life.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by wormedup(m): 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2006
While she's thinking of terminating a six months old pregnancy, she might as well consider terminating her own life.
the more she realises it poses more risk to her life than the pregnancy, i think she'll start reasoning.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by mukina2: 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2006
wormedup:

While she's thinking of terminating a six months old pregnancy, she might as well consider terminating her own life.
the more she realises it poses more risk to her life than the pregnancy, i think she'll start reasoning.

well said in everyday language maybe she'll understand this better angry
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by Ndipe(m): 12:34pm On Nov 15, 2006
And what if she dies in the process of having an abortion, with no chances for repentance, y'all know what her future would be in the afterlife? Tell her not to have an abortion. It is murder. God will in His infinite mercy provide a way for her to take care of her unborn child. Abortion should even be outlawed, period!!!
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by beelyjay45(m): 12:58pm On Nov 15, 2006
Have the baby n give the baby out for adoption n if u care about her that much u can be the babys foster mother.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by lafile(m): 2:24pm On Nov 15, 2006
the truth is your friend knows the right thing to do. its just that she's too weak to face reality. she should have the baby - there's no other option. what happens after that is open for discussion. adoption. she takes care of the baby herself [she could work u know]. worse case scenario she puts another burden on her siblings or mother. abortion has never been a solution - enven your friend knows that. and as someone else said, the bottom line is she needs God in her life.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by gaby(m): 3:13pm On Nov 15, 2006
@OP

This is scary and i would advise your friend to keep that pregnancy, she's made the mistake already and there is nothing anyone can do about it at the moment the only obvious solution would be murdering the poor baby and in that process she might lose her life as well,

Please ask your friend to keep the baby i wouldnt mind taking possesion and bringing up the baby,

That is the best i can advise in this case afterall money wey dem take dey train pikin dem no dey save am,

One luv
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by kg(f): 3:20pm On Nov 15, 2006
lafile:

the truth is your friend knows the right thing to do. its just that she's too weak to face reality. she should have the baby - there's no other option. what happens after that is open for discussion. adoption. she takes care of the baby herself [she could work u know]. worse case scenario she puts another burden on her siblings or mother. abortion has never been a solution - enven your friend knows that. and as someone else said, the bottom line is she needs God in her life.

Lafile has said it all and I'd like to say that "if your friend can decide to believe in her tomorrow despite her present mess, she will have enough strength to move on and face tomorrow. Who knows she might be carrying the next President or the next Dangote or Jimoh Ibrahim"
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by twinstaiye(m): 3:24pm On Nov 15, 2006
Tell her not to abort the pregnancy. The baby that is coming is the saviour of this world, and she will be a proud mother of the baby one day. Tell her that if she did not believe me, then she should call my bluff and have the baby.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by Ronke2811(f): 3:46pm On Nov 15, 2006
well for one to think of aborting  a six month old pregnancy is worse than the september 11 attack on the US.
where was she wen the foetus was 1 month old, now she want to abort the baby, how ould she be so careless to sleep around without taking precautions. agreed that the first baby was a mistake, what of this 2nd one, should we call it another mistake or I WAN DO.
She should leave the baby and after that zip up completely and look for a nice job to take care of her two kids, she shouldn't put everything on her mummy.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by exu(m): 4:02pm On Nov 15, 2006
kill the baby.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by egbon(m): 4:21pm On Nov 15, 2006
In addition to some of the good advises which has already been posted. As a christian I would suggest she seek the service of a christian counsellor. At this point in her life, she needs someone word of encourage.

BTW MUKINA2 thanks for standing by herwink
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by Oracle(m): 4:26pm On Nov 15, 2006
I really think she's stupid, i guess she doesn't value the love her mama has for her.
Is she some kinda dog? Her Mother was patient and kind enough to take care of her first child. Not all mothers can do that but her mom did and she went ahead for a second time.

my question is why didn't she terminate the pregnancy while it was still young?
She shouldn't make the mistake of letting the baby in her tummy see the light of day, if it costs her life then so be it.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by lioness(f): 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2006
6 MONTHS IS HIGHLY RISKY. what was she doing in the 1st 3 months. Anyway, i suggest she has the baby and puts it up for adoption.
After that, MAKE SHE DEY CLOSE LEG. espeially if the guys are riff raffs.

Tell her [if it aint you oh] i said she should not do anything out of desperation. This phase will pass away.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by mukina2: 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2006
i am just  saying what most people would say . . .
@oracle not all of us where born with luck or not everyone eats with a golden spoon
she must have her reasons for saying so
but i believe she wont terminate the baby cuz she herslf will be in danger of losing her own life . .
dont insult her you are not the one wearing the shoes so you wont feel its pinch
lets be real here . .for sometimes things happen that make you feel like dying not that you will kill urself but you just feel that way for sometime till the feeling subsides.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by osegwu(m): 4:37pm On Nov 15, 2006
People should stop using my friend when it is actually
happening to them. Anyway, that  aside, it appears to me that
your friend has  has neither focus no ambition. getting pregnant twice
with one already delivered and the other about to get murdered.
if she were my sister i would not let her commit suicide but would strangle
her with my bare hand. Its bad enough that she is enjoying the forbiden fruit
but enjoying it without Nicon unbrella is grossly unpardonable. Now we are trying to advice her not to commit murder, three sins in one for one night of endless passion?
Tell her to deliver the child atleast that will be her price she have to pay for
disobeying the rule of sex. ( CONDON MUST ALWAYS BE USED[b]
)
That child she is contemplating to murder might be our  President ( SHE SHOULD NOT TRY IT[/b]) I might not be interested in her life cos she has enjoyed enough sex to last her a life time but she should also allow the baby its opportunity to enjoy sex. It deserve it

Still me
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by lioness(f): 4:48pm On Nov 15, 2006
Am sure she never planned for her life to turn out this way

She can still fix things. Let her be positive
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by chelsea4su(f): 5:08pm On Nov 15, 2006
PLAY SAFE AREN'T SHE TIRED OF HEARING THE WORD, HOW OLD IS SHE ,WHY CAN'T SHE KEEP HER TIGHT CLOSE EVEN MARRIED WOMEN ARE TIRED OF IT , HUNN NA WA OOO
THERE IS NO NEED OF ADVISING HER COS SHE WILL STILL DO THE SAME

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Husband Hates My Best Friend. What Should I Do? / What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School / Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.