Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:03 AM

American Singer, Prince Dies At 57 At Paisley Park - BBC - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / American Singer, Prince Dies At 57 At Paisley Park - BBC (35974 Views)

Swedish DJ Avicii Dies At 28 / Peter Okoye Sings "Gongo Aso" At Nigeria @57 Independence Concert In Washington / Nigerian-American Singer, Jidenna, Pictured At Beat FM Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Singer, Prince Dies At 57 At Paisley Park - BBC by Lucasbalo(m): 12:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
vikkeee:

NA wah oh.....you really know the man
I grew up with his music in 80s… I remembered when he used to come to Uptown Theatre in Chicago and he outgrew Uptow to Chicago Theatre to United Center. He used to be called THE ROYAL BADNESS then because of his kinky and outrageous dressing and behavior. He was a very special talent who can play all musical instruments and write, compose ,produce his music. A world class musical genius. RIP PRINCE ROGER NELSON. The musical world will surely miss you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Singer, Prince Dies At 57 At Paisley Park - BBC by Lucasbalo(m): 12:49pm On Apr 22, 2016
vikkeee:

NA wah oh.....you really know the man
I grew up with his music in 80s… I remembered when he used to come to Uptown Theatre in Chicago and he outgrew Uptown to Chicago Theatre to United Center. He used to be called THE ROYAL BADNESS then because of his kinky and outrageous dressing and behavior. He was a very special talent who can play all musical instruments and write, compose ,produce his music. A world class musical genius. RIP PRINCE ROGER NELSON. The musical world will surely miss you.
Re: American Singer, Prince Dies At 57 At Paisley Park - BBC by AyakaDunukofia: 12:51pm On Apr 22, 2016
[img] https://www.romper.com/p/how-did-prince-die-reports-give-few-details-9291 [/img]
Purple. Rain video on a rainy day...Super Bowl
Re: American Singer, Prince Dies At 57 At Paisley Park - BBC by Roccoandrocco(m): 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2016
RIP
Re: American Singer, Prince Dies At 57 At Paisley Park - BBC by VULCAN(m): 9:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
What he did with that guitar? Mesmerizing. An unforgettable performance. True Genius has indeed left us.
He outplayed living legends on that stage

naptu2:
Guitar kings.

Prince was inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame in 2004. There was a tribute to the Beatles' George Harrison at that same ceremony and some of the greatest guitarists came on stage to perform While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Prince stole the show.

On stage: Eric Clapton, Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lyne, PRINCE, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y
Re: American Singer, Prince Dies At 57 At Paisley Park - BBC by naptu2: 6:51am On Apr 24, 2016
Prince performs Purple Rain at an awards ceremony. His stagecraft was simply fantastic. (That's Luther Vandross and Aretha Franklin at the beginning of the video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8BMm6Jn6oU
Re: American Singer, Prince Dies At 57 At Paisley Park - BBC by naptu2: 4:02pm On Apr 25, 2016
There's been a general amnesty and Prince videos have been released from the YouTube jail.

Prince did not want his songs to be on YouTube and other popular internet streaming sites because he believed that people should pay to listen to the songs that he worked so hard to compose. He also believed that the quality of the videos were poor and he did not want his work to be exhibited in that manner. He sued YouTube and other internet sites to get them to take down his songs and prevent users from uploading them. Many videos of Prince's songs were muted by YouTube (It was so bad that you couldn't even listen to cover versions of his songs, eg Ginuwine's version of When Doves Cry was also muted).

All that has changed now. Yesterday night I discovered that the videos have been released from YouTube's jail.
Re: American Singer, Prince Dies At 57 At Paisley Park - BBC by naptu2: 4:04pm On Apr 25, 2016
naptu2:
smiley

Could you be,
The most beautiful girl in the world?
It's plain to see,
You're the reason why God made a girl.

Prince's tribute to women (you also get to hear his amazing vocal range, from that very high pitch voice to the deep low sound).

Prince - The Most Beautiful Girl In The World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmqSi7lulMM

Re: American Singer, Prince Dies At 57 At Paisley Park - BBC by naptu2: 5:22pm On Apr 25, 2016
Re: American Singer, Prince Dies At 57 At Paisley Park - BBC by naptu2: 4:39am On Apr 26, 2016
Sign O' The Times (the original video).

The audio quality isn't perfect (it sounds like it was ripped from a VHS cassette, but it's better than nothing).

Prince - Sign O' The Times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfASW6ibR-8
Re: American Singer, Prince Dies At 57 At Paisley Park - BBC by naptu2: 4:46am On Apr 26, 2016
Re: American Singer, Prince Dies At 57 At Paisley Park - BBC by naptu2: 4:48am On Apr 26, 2016
Re: American Singer, Prince Dies At 57 At Paisley Park - BBC by naptu2: 4:50am On Apr 26, 2016
And tonight we're gonna party like it's 1999.

Prince - 1999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH7c_u4fyA4

1 Like

Re: American Singer, Prince Dies At 57 At Paisley Park - BBC by naptu2: 4:51am On Apr 26, 2016
Prince - Diamonds And Pearls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mike0Gv2MrE
Re: American Singer, Prince Dies At 57 At Paisley Park - BBC by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
naptu2:
There's been a general amnesty and Prince videos have been released from the YouTube jail.

Prince did not want his songs to be on YouTube and other popular internet streaming sites because he believed that people should pay to listen to the songs that he worked so hard to compose. He also believed that the quality of the videos were poor and he did not want his work to be exhibited in that manner. He sued YouTube and other internet sites to get them to take down his songs and prevent users from uploading them. Many videos of Prince's songs were muted by YouTube (It was so bad that you couldn't even listen to cover versions of his songs, eg Ginuwine's version of When Doves Cry was also muted).

All that has changed now. Yesterday night I discovered that the videos have been released from YouTube's jail.
Its really sad that everything he fought for during his life went to waste after he died. . . Prince. . . the man who changed his name to an unpronounceable symbol for 12 years just to get his way. . . I have all his 30+ albums listen to him a lot. . . my favorite is his debut album, then followed by the purple rain album. . . I was devastated when he went. . . I dunno how I stumbled across this thread, but I'm surprised to see people here listen to him too. . . I've never encountered a Prince fan as big as me irl here in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: American Singer, Prince Dies At 57 At Paisley Park - BBC by illuminati011(f): 8:21pm On Jun 29, 2017
Illuminati 666 viewers all over the world are you a business man/woman looking for breakthrough,are you a
student looking for wealth, are you out there looking for a way to survive,are you a
teacher,an engineer,a politician a footballer,a musician,or a comedian it doesn't matter
your occupation this is an opportunity for you to be RICH,HEALTHY,AND FAMOUS,join the
illuminati brotherhood today and see yourself leave large and happy...all interested
members should email:morgenvivian122@gmail.com
Re: American Singer, Prince Dies At 57 At Paisley Park - BBC by Zuluhead(m): 7:20am On Apr 20, 2018
VULCAN:
What he did with that guitar? Mesmerizing. An unforgettable performance. True Genius has indeed left us.
He outplayed living legends on that stage

Prince was not just an artist but a magican with the guitar, naptu are you in the music industry? You have a broad taste & history on music.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Actress Chizzy Alichi Shares Bikini Photos / Africa Is Better Than America - Akon / Mercy Johnson And Her Kids Play In The Snow(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.