Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Special Treat! Caution: Might Be Bitter! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Special Treat! Caution: Might Be Bitter! (539 Views)

Joe Abah Gives Men Tips On How To Treat Their Wives / Why Won't He Treat Her As A Queen All The Days Of His Life? / A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Special Treat! Caution: Might Be Bitter! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 21, 2016
TWO FIFTY NAIRA NOTES

Some time back I was in a bus and I had a 1000 Naira note. I had no way to get change (and the conductor insisted on it) so I asked a man seated near me for his money so I could pay for us both. the fare was 250 Naira and it meant I would give him 50 Naira since he had 300 on him. He agreed but at the last moment, he said no.

He said the 50 Naira I wanted to give him was bad. I looked at the money in surprise. It was actually a crisp and new note. Its only flaw was that it had a very small tear from one part of the top. A tear, which was half a centimeter at best. I tried to get him to take it but he refused and said no. He told me that money was not good and he was not going to take it.

For him the money was useless. He was saying if he takes it anywhere it will be useless and no one will accept it, which was not true but it was clear he just wanted clean money. The funny thing was that the money he had on him was not even as clean as the 50 Naira! He did not have good, clean money but because it was not having any small tear, he believed his was better!

I sighed and resigned myself to fate, as I prepared for the amount of spit and shouting I would get from the conductor. As God would have it, two things happened that morning on the bus.

1. The conductor had no trouble giving me back 750 Naira.

2. The 50 Naira change the man got back was horrible. When I say horrible, I mean it was horrible. It was old and worn out, splotchy, stained, the color and art was at least 90% gone. It was hardly looking like money at all!

The sad thing is he had no choice but to take it because there was no other money available and the conductor was not going to stress himself to go looking for clean money for him. The man looked so upset and it was all I could do to not laugh, having recalled all the way he spoke to me and treated my new note with disdain.

Some men are like this. They see someone who is no longer a virgin and they begin to make the most callous and ridiculous comments about how the person is no longer brand new and fresh. I have seen people refer to them as dirty, stained, impure, worthless, shameful, used and withered.

These people bank all their hopes on a virgin marriage and some end up like this man; with something that they never bargained for. Am I saying virginity is bad? NO! It is wonderful. I need to say this because some people will see this and rather than try to understand the post they look for what to be offended about and react to and before you know it abuse and ridiculous comments come in.

Virginity is great and God is pleased with that, but when that is all you see and it becomes your standard for judging if a woman is good and worth anything at all, it becomes something that can entrap you as you forget that character and godliness are more important than whether or not a woman had sex with anyone before she met you. God is interested in people who are sexually pure and not just people who never had sex! Someone who had never had sex CAN be wicked, abusive, selfish, arrogant, vengeful and even diabolical.

Virginity does not confer spirituality or godliness, rather it is someone who has both of those who makes virginity something that looks great. If not they become like the Pharisees whom Jesus referred to as whitewashed tombs (Mathew 23:27); clean on the outside but filled with dead bones.

So many people make this mistake in life and I do pray that you reading this, do not make that same mistake. Look at the heart, check for fruit. Look for beauty within that woman and not between her legs. Do not be concerned and ultimately obsessed with what passes away after a few minutes of passion and then be stuck with a heart that is blackened. Once again, virginity is good, but the heart is the key thing.

Do not judge women by their loss of a hymen. It is debasing and its absence does not make her any less valuable or lovable. Value a virgin, but do not abuse and belittle a woman who is not one. She has value too! The fruits within her are more important. They are more important in both of them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Special Treat! Caution: Might Be Bitter! by olymurphy(f): 11:40pm On Apr 21, 2016
Coming
Re: Special Treat! Caution: Might Be Bitter! by trekkie: 9:30am On Apr 22, 2016
Kath5kouture funny article

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who's To Blame? / 40 Days After Tiwa Savage’s Husband, Teebillz Attempted Suicide…here’s All We Kn / How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Rides On You Just Because She Is Richer Than

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.