Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance (114061 Views)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel. / Ruthless Betrayals: A story of love, betrayals, vengeance and the supernatural (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by jephthal: 8:47am On May 23, 2016
me still dey loyal o,just following you like a slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by ablatgraphicplus(m): 10:04am On May 23, 2016
@Solo, am still in page 3, but I have come to future to comment. nice job, all ur stories was a hit back to back. supernatural ti take over.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by jupitre(m): 6:08pm On May 23, 2016
Oga solo...am going to send anthea to u to punish u...haha..do u want to kil me by stavin me wit ur updates...am angry o....nice one al d xame
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Youngfalz(m): 9:06pm On May 23, 2016
Oga solo u just dey put us for wan kyn situation, bros pls na just give the next upload na

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by lorelife(m): 9:16pm On May 23, 2016
king Solo, plz com nd giv us more updates. I'm with u all d way

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by prettyJoy22(f): 9:37pm On May 23, 2016
waiting... :-

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by boladex1: 1:12pm On May 24, 2016
prettyJoy22:
waiting... :-

seconded

2 Likes

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 8:04pm On May 24, 2016
CONTINUED
MELFISIUS

I woke up late into the night after haven passed out from the impact of the black lightening which was actually conjured by me. I guess this must be what that man meant by my brother being killed by his own flames. He must have hurled the flames at that strange woman and the thing redirected after getting too close to her just like in my case. She seemed impenetrable to magic and not physical attacks, her kind was quite rare. I tried to get up but I couldn’t as I had severe pains in my abdomen where the lightning struck me. I struggled to get back on my feet but later succeeded.

I checked how severe the injury was, it was quite terrible but it could have been worse if I didn’t protect myself. I was able to finish the spell required for my protection before it hit me. I looked around in the moonlight to see the dead bodies of my men, men who lost their lives and left behind their families all for the sake of getting another man just like them. I lost my brother because of the same man; I gritted my teeth and swore to kill this man myself. That had to wait though as I must return back home and relay the bad news to my king. He will be very displeased but there will always come another opportunity and this time I won’t lose. I took one of the abandoned horses and rode into the night.

CLAUDIA

I woke up to and opened my eyes but quickly closed them back as the bright lights from the oiled lamps prevented me from doing so. I waited a while before opening them again, I saw Melinda and Cecelia, two of the best healers we have in the family seated and watching me. I rubbed my eyes and sat up; I looked around me and found out that I was actually in my room. How could that be? The last time I was conscious, I was sailing straight for the woods where I hit my head on one of those trees. Kieran was in so much pain as the old man was taking his gift from him. If the man had succeeded, he should be dead and I should have bleed to my death and not lying on my beautiful bed.

“How did I get here?” I asked.

“The strange man brought you here, you were bleeding severely from your head and could have died if he hadn’t arrive when he did.”

“What do you mean he brought me here, he was dying? How could he have escaped that man’s
hold?”

They both looked confused after what I just said and faced each other before turning their attention back on me.

“You will have to ask the man himself because when he came, he looked fine.” Cecilia said after allowing her senior, Melinda answer my questions earlier. I nodded,

“Did he bring any person with him?”

“Oh yes, he brought a Gordond and even fought off Maureen in his attempt to carry the filth beyond the second gate. Mother is very angry with you because you failed in your mission. She will see you after she is through with him.” Melinda said before they both stood to take their leave. I kissed both their hands as it was customary here after one has been attended to by the healers. I got up and left for the wash room where I washed myself of more than two days dirt and as I did, I tried my best to explain to myself why Kieran will deem it fit for him to bring along an enemy of the guardians into their home and even fight one of the most senior of them here just to have his way. But that is just one of my major failings; my inability to bring Kieran safe and sound will surely be the major talking point in the next gathering. I failed to bring him home, I failed to protect him and I also failed to tame him. I will surely be a thing of mockery now among my fellow guardians. He actually fought Maureen, shame on me. I left the tub and wore my clothes as I intended to see one of the silly beings, the first being that spy from the south.

ANNA

Ever since I managed to get myself away from the vile land filled with so much innocent blood. It was a battle but I arrived just in time before the candles went off. I was happy that I was able to save Kieran and hoped that Claudia was up to the task. I waited out of anxiety and looked to my travel book every now and then. I got information as they travelled and I thought she was telling me the truth but it turned out she wasn’t. She hid the truth about the gordand and refused to tell me anything about. It felt really embarrassing when Maureen charged into my chambers enraged after what the wild man did to her all because of a person she considers as filth. She had always had issues with my leadership and this will give her the perfect landing for her to use against me for her claim on the table in the next gathering. She was right in her ranting though, what exactly was I doing inviting our enemies to our doorstep. She didn’t know the worst of it though, if she knew both Merfisius and Elphisius were both after Kieran then she would have called for a gathering immediately and I would be forced to vacate my office as mother for inviting two powerful kingdoms to our peaceful home.

She doesn’t know that and it will stay that way. I could fault Claudia for the disappointing manner in which she carried out the task given to her but her encounters made me aware of whom our true enemies were. The mad king sent a single person which means he wants Kieran watched, while the other king sent men after men until he sent the one time child prodigy – Merfisius, which showed his desperation. One wants the other watched to ascertain his levelof power while the other wants the power. But the troubling question is; what use will be Kieran’s power for an ungifted king?
....... Lol... I am sorry about yesterday but a man has his needs..... Manage this one..

7 Likes

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 8:07pm On May 24, 2016
marcusagrippa:
Hey Solomonbrown64, in your last update where you mentioned that Nero was "invisible" I think , from the context, you meant "invincible" I.e. indestructible.
Kindly confirm this.
..... ... Thanks... I will correct it.....
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by nekanzee(m): 8:16pm On May 24, 2016
guy your head dey there
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Francismazi(m): 10:34pm On May 24, 2016
solomonbrown64: thanks bro. Your are doing a nice job
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by vickkydgreat(m): 5:51am On May 25, 2016
Hmmm, wot can i say dan 'wow', He is finally getting His power, all seems perfect nw bt i cnt help bt have dis kinda feeling say dat gordon will still obey d evil king..... Anyway u ar d captain here Go on
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 4:35pm On May 25, 2016
CONTINUED
NYASA

I felt someone hit me quite hard on my left arm, I wondered why and thought I was dreaming but when I felt water on my face like someone poured a whole pail of it on me. I knew I wasn’t sleeping and I opened my eyes to see the sorceress with Kieran. She was very angry and I wondered why she was. I looked away from her scary face and looked around me to discover that I was in sort kind of room, with the bed just opposite the window. How did I get in here and if Claudia is here with me, it means I am in the forgotten lands, guess the good spirits heard my prayers for them to provide a way for me. I saw some luggage on the floor which meant that it was Kieran’s room, he wasn’t in the room and I was left with an angry sorceress. Anyway, she knows she can’t harm me.

“Your plan came to fruition, didn’t it?” She said. I feigned ignorant and asked,

“What are you on about now?”

“Just stop with the pretense, you did all you did on the way here to make Kieran take you in here. You knew you couldn’t take all of those men but still revealed yourself when any dumb assassin would have remained in hiding until sure of victory. I saw you put yourself in harm’s way so that those men would walk on you. You did all that just to make Kieran believe you were protecting him and throwing your life away for him. You knew if you were terribly injured, he wouldn’t abandon you and will fight anyone to get to a place where you should never be in the first place. You used his goodwill against him and now he foolishly thinks he owns you when in truth you are only working for your evil master. You are cunny, repulsive as well as pathetic. I wish Kieran never found a way to heal you so that you could have been long dead, paying for your sins in the underworld. You gordonds don’t deserve to live after the horrible things you have done to so many innocents in your service to your king. I hope you will be ready to betray him when the time comes because I know you will and I also hope you will be the one to tell him how you and your fellow demons killed his family. How you set fire to his daughter and watched how his wife was raped till her death. Will you be able to tell him Because if you don’t, someone else will. You don’t deserve the goodness of a man you helped kill his only last saving grace, and yet here you are, well and sound, ready to continue with the work you have been assigned to. My hatred for you knows no end and I will make sure you do not hurt him more than you already have.”

She spat at my face before leaving the room. I sighed before getting up; I moved the thick cloth used to cover me to discover that I was actually naked. I wondered who might have removed my clothes and then it hit me that I forgot to take along my bag after I tied it to my horse. I slapped my head in disappointment, well, you can’t have everything. I had to get in here and if my precious cloth was the sacrifice, then so be it. I went to the wash tub where I washed myself and checked for any injuries, there were none. I took a great risk getting myself injured like I did, knowing that I couldn’t be healed by normal healers. I hoped that Kieran will discover his connection with me and healed me, from the look of my skin, I guess he did. I saved his life and he saved mine. I might have used his goodwill but it doesn’t matter as I must see to it that I fulfill the desire of my master. The witch said some troubling things though, how did she know that I was with my master when Kieran’s family was being mishandled by him. No one knows about our targets and who we go after, how then did she know of Kieran’s family?

Anyway, it doesn’t matter as I have no regrets to what I did, what happened just had to happen. I will always make my master happy before anyone else. I left the wash tub and searched for the cloth that was removed from me, I checked my trousers and found what I was looking for; my travel book. I smiled as I took one of the coats in the room and covered myself with it, the next thing I need to do is make Kieran hate Claudia and make him trust me. I need his trust and I have earned it.

CLAUDIA

As I charged towards where that filth was kept, I overheard Maureen in a conversation with one of the guardians. They were talking about the gordand and how foolish Kieran was to heal the woman who helped killed his family. I was shocked at such a discovery and tried my best not to scream. Kieran’s ignorance might just be his downfall, I will have to watch him even if he is safe here but he is not far away from trouble as long as that woman lives here. He is making enemies with those who will help him and becoming closer to those who killed his family and will surely kill him when the time comes.

She didn’t deny my accusations but kept a straight face. She still have her plans but I wonder why she seems to care deeply for Kieran or could that be one of the instructions given to her by her master. She has gone beyond watching him now; it seems she wants him to see her in another light, which explains why she slept with as soon as she met him and always appearing in his time of trouble. Surely, Kieran won’t see her as the killing demon she is any longer but one he can share his thoughts with. I can deal with an enemy who wants my friends dead but one that wants to be with my friends and in so doing, make me the enemy is one I don’t know how to deal with. Anna might have other uses for Kieran but as long as this woman is among us, such plans will come to nothing. I will make it my responsibility to prevent such from happening, after all my failure to see beyond the surface allowed her access into this place. I will redeem my image as well as protect the broken man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by boladex1: 4:48pm On May 25, 2016
Thanks Solomon for serving us lunch

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by nekanzee(m): 6:23pm On May 25, 2016
LIVE SHOW:gordond(nyasa) VS sorcerer(claudia)
Solomon u too much

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Youngfalz(m): 10:02pm On May 25, 2016
Oga solo tommorow na my birthday oooo, xo i am expecting a special update tommorow grin
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Oladim001(m): 5:50am On May 26, 2016
Mr solomonbrown, i sent a criticism to the last wolf forgotten mate and you've not replied me. Am still waiting oo. And i really love this story.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Nkemjika913(m): 7:54am On May 26, 2016
Bro,you sound like terry goodkind...you a fan?
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Ipheyemmy01(m): 10:00am On May 26, 2016
This is becoming serious and more suspense filled. The battle line between Claudia and Nyasa have bee being drawn, the battle for Keiran's good side. King Solo kindly go to any local joint of your choice and take one red wine and two plate of Isi-Ewu on my account. You are doing a great work. Thanks Bro...
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 10:13am On May 26, 2016
CONTINUED
KIERAN

“I am the hand that pulls the string,
I am the arrow that kills the game,
I am the game that can’t be seen,
What am I?” my daughter asked.

“Hmm…..hmmm.....your question is quite difficult to answer as it is not a straight riddle. I don’t think I have an answer to it.” I smiled and pretended to be thinking. Mellissa smiled and then chuckled after I started scratching my head and giving my wife eye contacts in my hope that she might help me. She just smiled and looked away from me after she got a glare from our daughter.

“Don’t be cunny like the fox, father. Look at me and stop seeking for help from mother.”

I smiled and then said,

“The hand should be the hunter, the arrow is the killer and the game that can’t be seen is the old one.” A scowl appeared on Mellissa’s face after what I just said which was a sign that I answered the riddle correctly.

“How did you figure it out?” she asked.

“I am a hunter, I should know my riddles.” I laughed after saying that and opened my arms for her to run into. She ran into me and later moved back, she stared at me for a while before she picked interest in playing with my nose.

“How did you come about that riddle, mother told you?” I asked.

“No, mother did not tell me anything. I created the riddle myself.” She answered and continued playing with my nose. I smiled and kissed her forehead before pulling her to me.

“You will become a better hunter than I am.” I whispered in her ear. She laughed and ran off to be with her mother.

I woke up with a start to find myself on a bed and the face of the beautiful witch staring at me. I looked around me to discover I wasn’t in the same room I was earlier. This room was a lot bigger than the other one and beautiful with ornaments and other things gracing the top of it. I was on a rather big bed and when I looked towards the window I saw a figure facing it and backing me. With displeasure written all over my face, I said,

“You used your filthy magic on me to get me away from someone who needed me. How did your magic get to work on me, anyway?”

“There are so many things you do not understand about magic. No worries, it will be our utmost pleasure to teach you to understand what you carry inside of you.”

“That’s enough, Ellen. You can leave now.” the figure facing the window finally spoke, the beautiful witch gave me a strange look before she stood up to leave, swaying her hips as she walked. She is quite the attraction, an extraordinary face and the perfect body.

“I will strongly advise you to stay away from that woman, she hates men and I wonder why she has taken to you long before you got here.” The strange figure continued to speak without deeming it fit to look at me while doing so.

“I know better, thank you.” I replied.

“Of course you do, which is why you brought in a spy with you and disregarded the rules of your hosts to get what you wanted.”

“She was dying and they seem to care more about your hatred for the woman than saving her.”

“There is a reason why they are despised. They have killed so many people and have left so many souls in anguish as you will soon come to know, in their service to their king.
Anyway, she won’t be here for long. There are more important issues that require our attention. You were dreaming a while ago and that was the last time you saw your family. Do you know why your daughter said anything about that riddle before you killed one of them?”

I was surprised she knew about my dream but killing the special deer was too much to take. I stood and went after her; I pulled her back and held her neck. I wanted answers to so many things and I needed no one’s help to tell me she was the Anna I seek. I was about to ask how she knew about the old one I killed when I stopped and moved back out of shock. The face staring at me was not one I expected to see.

“You….you…how can this be? You are the woman I helped once from being raped by some excited boys. How can you be Anna?......no…no…you have been watching me, it’s why you know about what I kill and a lot more I didn’t tell anyone. What do you want from me?” I asked out of frustration.
The unusually young, middle-aged woman turned away from me and went over to the bed.

“I have a lot to tell you which is very true but right now I need you to answer my question.”

“If you were in my dreams, you would know that I don’t have an answer to that question. I don’t know how she came about that riddle and I wish she hadn’t, probably she might still be breathing.”

The woman looked worried and started walking back and forth for quite some time before she said,

“I unlocked your gift by enabling you stray to where one of the old ones could be seen once in forty years. I felt the time was right for you and your gift to be one but I still don’t know how a very young girl like your daughter is able to say and understand such a difficult riddle. From the way she spoke, it’s quite clear someone was speaking through her but the identify of whoever it was still remains a mystery to me and if we don’t find an answer to that question quickly, we might have an unknown player in the prophecy.”

"What are you on about now, what has prophecy got to do with anything?” she shook her head before she answered,

“Your ignorance and unawareness is really a cause for concern. You want to tell me you didn’t know your daughter had the gift of sorcery and had the unique ability to not just read prophecies but also write one. The fault here isn’t her powers but the fact that she was too young to start using such powers. Someone was clearly using her to get to you, someone with powers like hers. She is dead now and the only other person we know of such abilities is you but we know now that’s not true. Someone is out there manipulating the prophecy to suit them and if they are not found out, we are in serious trouble.”

I couldn’t believe how blind I was not to know my daughter had the gift which must be the reason behind her death.

“What is this prophecy that you keeps you on your toes?”

“A prophecy that was discovered not too long ago talks about the return of the golden one who will seek to conquer all. He will be broken in the soul and will be out for vengeance. The prophecy had you in everything which is why I brought you here now to teach how to use your gift for good and not for evil. I have watched you all this time to make sure you do not walk the path of evil but it appears you are not the one in the prophecy and neither is the mad king – Lucien. The prophecy is directed at another golden destiny whom we don’t know yet but we are certain has been born. There is a lot to be worried about apart from saving a demon."

....happy birthday..... Youngfalz......

5 Likes

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 10:31am On May 26, 2016
Ipheyemmy01:
This is becoming serious and more suspense filled. The battle line between Claudia and Nyasa have bee being drawn, the battle for Keiran's good side. King Solo kindly go to any local joint of your choice and take one red wine and two plate of Isi-Ewu on my account. You are doing a great work. Thanks Bro...
.... ... Lol... You sure say you go pay... Thanks for the comment... I appreciate it... Keep reading....
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 10:32am On May 26, 2016
Nkemjika913:
Bro,you sound like terry goodkind...you a fan?
... .... Yeah... I am a big fan....
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 10:38am On May 26, 2016
Oladim001:
Mr solomonbrown, i sent a criticism to the last wolf forgotten mate and you've not replied me. Am still waiting oo. And i really love this story.
.... ... Thanks bro, I like your what you wrote.... There are quite a number of holes which were deliberately put there by me.... I didn't want to post the full story on Nairaland... Which is why I am filling those holes now... You will enjoy the book when it finally goes on sale..... Once again, thanks for the criticisms.....
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 10:39am On May 26, 2016
boladex1:
Thanks Solomon for serving us lunch
.... ... You are welcome, bro.... Long time though....
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 10:40am On May 26, 2016
Youngfalz:
Oga solo tommorow na my birthday oooo, xo i am expecting a special update tommorow grin
... .... Happy birthday bro..... Many more fulfilling years ahead...
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 26, 2016
Bravo! Bravo!! Bravo!!! Mr Solomon I take back my previous criticism. It show u got the talent......are we to expect another update from you today?
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Adasun(m): 3:32pm On May 26, 2016
keep riding solo

Nyasa would be another person entirelyundecided

dat riddle by kiaran daughter reveal alot.

It's talking abt the mad king father.i think dat man is balancing something he himself created askew
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by boladex1: 5:05pm On May 26, 2016
solomonbrown64:

.... ... You are welcome, bro.... Long time though....

I habe been following your stories though i have be a ghost reader most of the time.

You are a unique writer, weldone and more grease to your elbow
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by zelaws: 5:50pm On May 26, 2016
Hummm! Another twist is coming down. The King from the North.
Big Ups King Solo
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Youngfalz(m): 6:50am On May 27, 2016
solomonbrown64:

... .... Happy birthday bro..... Many more fulfilling years ahead...
THANKS BRO
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by rfnextar8(m): 8:51am On May 27, 2016
what a nice write up, I just started following this story 2 days ago. But I'm so happy with it thanks for the update bro. more grease tp your elbow
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Botaflica(m): 12:29pm On May 27, 2016
Wow, i have been quiet for some time now, but i am not sure thats gonna continue. Now i'm believing the gordong-vanessa, (i'm sorry, don't really get the spelling) will be the new kara

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply)

The Naughty Sisters / Shadows Of The Green / My Adventure As A Corper In Plateau State Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.