Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Da Grin: A Rap Star To Remember. 6 Years After His Demise And Still Relevant - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Da Grin: A Rap Star To Remember. 6 Years After His Demise And Still Relevant (591 Views)

Da Grin's Younger Brother TROD Drops New Hot Single - Lazy Nigerian Youths / 10 Fela Songs That Are Still Relevant In 2017, 20 Years After His Death / It's 6 Years Already, Da Grin We Miss You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Da Grin: A Rap Star To Remember. 6 Years After His Demise And Still Relevant by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 6:42am On Apr 22, 2016
On this day 22nd April in 2010, Nigerian Music industry lost a great star with a midas touch who has immortalized himself by etching his name on everyone's heart. His name was Da Grin.

Da Grin whose birth name was Oladapo Olaitan Olaonipekun and also known as Barack O'Grin, Lyrical Werre, Fi mi le Jo, was born on October 21, 1987. The " Omo Ogun" who grew up in lagos, gave up the the ghost after a horrendous car accident, at the age of 22 in LUTH, Lagos. cry

He set remarkable precedence for people like Olamide, Phyno and their ilks by thrilling a wide range of audiences across ethnic and religious boundaries with electrifying jamz. He took traditional rap to another level beyond the exosphere where only Olamide has been able to come close to. He deserves to be canonized in the music industry. He was defiant, lyrically assertive, resolute and undaunted
To commemorate this great Star, I would like us to drop our favorite lines and memories of him.

Mine is, "I know say heaven dey, God even dey, when you wan chop bread, na there you go know say oven dey

Re: Da Grin: A Rap Star To Remember. 6 Years After His Demise And Still Relevant by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 22, 2016
Barak O'grin still in our hearts
Re: Da Grin: A Rap Star To Remember. 6 Years After His Demise And Still Relevant by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:38am On Apr 22, 2016
ebubemicky:
Barak O'grin still in our hearts

Anytime, anyday. A Playlist is incomplete without his tracks.
Re: Da Grin: A Rap Star To Remember. 6 Years After His Demise And Still Relevant by Gabbyraze(m): 9:18am On Apr 22, 2016
Everyday and gboro is never off my playlist. He is d only trado rapper who could mix fun,punchlines,message and razzness in one song. He was gifted and blessed and I wish he is still with us today.

(1) (Reply)

Ms Chief In The Studio With Olamide's YBNL Princess Temi / Lynxxx - Serve You (prod By Spax) / Mp3 Premiere: Young Mark - Endtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.