Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding (12394 Views)

If Your Spouse Gains Scholarship To Study Abroad A Month After Wedding..... / Real Reasons Women Add Weight After Wedding / Woman Delivers Quadruplets Four Years After Wedding (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by ProfJabura: 2:21pm On Aug 06, 2009
Pls, kindly advice me, the behaviour of my wife change completely after wedding - even to the level of beating, coursing me, but I told her I dont beat women because i was not though in my family like that, now, she had delay in child bearing, i am not fully convinced that after having a child she will not continue her behaviour. So i am thinking of calling it off.

But we did both court and church wedding. I dont want to annoy God and Jesus.

Pls what can I do.

thanks - Nigerias
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by posakosa(m): 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2009
Life is too short to be spending time with a pathetic woman. Call it off and call it a day.

or

Remind yourself why you CHOOSE to marry her in the first place, and make things work. Im sure she didn't tie you down or put a gun thru your head when you proposed to her. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by MrWaters: 2:48pm On Aug 06, 2009
Guy u' ve promise to take her in GOOD AND BAD condition
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by tosyne007(m): 2:51pm On Aug 06, 2009
ProfJabura:

Pls, kindly advice me, the behaviour of my wife change completely after wedding - even to the level of beating, coursing me, but I told her I dont beat women because i was not though in my family like that, now, she had delay in child bearing, i am not fully convinced that after having a child she will not continue her behaviour. So i am thinking of calling it off.

But we did both court and church wedding. I dont want to annoy God and Jesus.

Pls what can I do.

thanks - Nigerias

i'm kinda suprised that u are just getting to know ur wife after ur wedding. Are u saying u guys didnt court before tying the knots?. It's strange. Very strange. As a couple, u guys are supposed to know eachother inside out before saying the vows.

Well, it's only God that can help u in this situation. Did u say ur wife beats u? Haa, that's a serious one oooooo. I really cant advise u to leave her cos u must hav seen somtin in her that made u decide to commit ur life to her. I will then advise u to remember wat that special thing is and use it to get to her. Maybe she would change. Sit her down and hav a serious discussion wit her, i mean bare your mind totally. Make her understand that if she refuses to change, u might then end the marriage.

Believe me, marriage is meant to be blissful and interesting, definately not a "life in bondage". Moreover, u neva stated how long u guys hav been married but i guess it aint long since there are no kids yet. U can as well seek spiritual help. I dont mean going to any spiritualist oooooo but getting closer to your God and pray ceaselessly.

best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by touchmeder: 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2009
ProfJabura:

Pls, kindly advice me, the behaviour of my wife change completely after wedding - even to the level of beating, coursing me, but I told her I dont beat women because i was not though in my family like that, now,

Are u trying to state that your wife beats you now?
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by posakosa(m): 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2009
Thats why I don't like big weddings, what if someone did something to make sure that you don't enjoy your wife. undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by debest1(m): 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2009
Time for serious prayer & fasting,
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by posakosa(m): 3:16pm On Aug 06, 2009
debest1:

Time for serious prayer & fasting,

Yeees ooh! Before someone sponsors a big wedding, FAST and PRAY that all evil people stay HOME.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by Maykelly(f): 3:22pm On Aug 06, 2009
@topic:Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding
changing color or character ? grin grin grin grin grin pls manage her grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by hollandis(f): 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2009
Divorce her ASAP
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by nwabuking5(m): 3:41pm On Aug 06, 2009
my brother Na God go deliver u in this case oooooo
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by justwise(m): 3:48pm On Aug 06, 2009
May kelly:

@topic:Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding
changing color or character ? grin grin grin grin grin pls manage her grin grin grin grin grin

Hahahaha, u no well
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by xoxoxo(f): 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2009
ProfJabura:

I dont want to annoy God and Jesus

silly
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2009
Aya dis wat happen wen one rush into somtin because that somtin looks well i bet u guys are both christian didnt really spend time with each very much well any way. 4 better or 4 worst get limit notting like worstest wen it get to that stage (worstest) omo tell am say u no do again dis is d 21st centery we got single mom n dad living wit little haggers around them but wait n c if she changes. Except u not d one at fault
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by mokwue(f): 4:26pm On Aug 06, 2009
put everything to God in Pray. He (God) can change Change your wife character
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by wakagirl: 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2009
ProfJabura:

- even to the level of beating, coursing me,

As in your iyawo beating you? Considering that and other things my own selfish opinion will be use mouth to divorce her (as one of my ex oga use mouth to sack his secretary) as in no need for any special divorce proceeding.
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by shanda(m): 4:50pm On Aug 06, 2009
No matter how long a man stays in a river, he can never turn into a fish. The signs were there while u were courting, you chose to ignore them. Though ur story doesn't sound real.
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by otukpo(f): 4:59pm On Aug 06, 2009
@ poster
i have every reason to doubt ur story.
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by iwefactria: 5:04pm On Aug 06, 2009
shanda:

No matter how long a man stays in a river he can never turn into a fish. The signs were there while u were courting, you chose to ignore them.

Exactly my own point too.Your wife has been like that ever before u guys married but you were carried away and u weren't sincere to yourself to have noticed too bad undecided.but do u have choice now, i dont think so u just have to MANAGE her.
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by anobscase(m): 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2009
Marriage is a Life time commitment.U dont have to endure for the rest of ur life.
Would u?
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by matiltomd(f): 5:28pm On Aug 06, 2009
This is hilarious!!!! Your story sounds a bit unreal to me but if it's true, listen, if a man beats his wife, he's not fit to live with, same thing should apply to a woman that "trashes" her "sweetheart",
  You can't divorce her? don't worry, try read Sunday Punch constantly,there's this cartoon couple (Efe and Jude), they'll make a good role model for you,
i presume you call her "mummy" innit?

Rubbish-you're married to your "headmistress" if you don't know!!!!
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by GEW: 5:29pm On Aug 06, 2009
iwefactria:

Exactly my own point too.Your wife has been like that ever before u guys married but you were carried away and u weren't sincere to yourself to have noticed too bad undecided.but do u have choice now, i dont think so u just have to MANAGE her.
some people know how to pretend they can deceive the smartest person
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by redsun(m): 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2009
Why do people,especially women think that wedding or marraige can change personalities or the tempo of a relationship? What actually drive women to wed or marry?in most cases,it is not love or affection but just the infatuation of being the center of attraction and wearing the white gown,oyinbo mentality.
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by mayrho(m): 5:50pm On Aug 06, 2009
Guy mehn u need prayers and fasting
cos mehn u can't leave her if you truly don't want to offend God
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by preselect(m): 6:01pm On Aug 06, 2009
infidelity
insecurity . . . acceptable causes of divorce.

if u really love her, from the bottom of ur heart, u sure wont mind the beatings . . did i say that? anyway , however, if a man/woman is under domestic violence. the person should remember that there are people who love him/her even b4 he/she met his/her partner. for the sake of ur family/loved ones, come out of that marriage asap. cool

as they say, once he beats her, he will beat her again . . . and again . . .and again. (and vice versa)

i'll add, once he/she cheats . . . he/she will cheat again . . and again . . .and again . . .

do not trade ur happiness for some silly excuses as what will people say, etc run for ur life, one day she will use a weapon and end ur life embarassed
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by Roughlen(m): 6:01pm On Aug 06, 2009
tosyne007:

i'm kinda suprised that u are just getting to know ur wife after ur wedding. Are u saying u guys didnt court before tying the knots?. It's strange. Very strange. As a couple, u guys are supposed to know eachother inside out before saying the vows.

There's nothing strange here cos nobody ever gets to know another person inside out. Besides, people change.

@ poster

Pray and fast hard for her to change back to who she use to be. Also, talk to her and try to get to the root of her attitudinal change.
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by preselect(m): 6:03pm On Aug 06, 2009
Roughlen:

Pray and fast hard for her to change back to who she use to be. Also, talk to her and try to get to the root of her attitudinal change.

and who can tell ''who she used to be'' , who said she changed? perhaps she is only just bringing out her real self.

they say love is blind, but marriage is an eye opener grin
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by emzygab(m): 6:11pm On Aug 06, 2009
Old boy, you just have to be full of prayers. If u believe that there is nothing God cannot do; it is time for you to wake up and put the enemies to shame. I pray that God will help you.
Again, you need to examine yourself if you're not the root of your own problem. Think about making things work instead of quitting. I know it is not easy, but the Lord will give u the strenght to cope and make things right. Good Luck!
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by preselect(m): 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2009
i dont know how people use God to justify everything. this guy is recieving beatings in his own home and u want to blame him for it. haba.

guy, i'm sure God does not like divorce, i'm also sure God does not like domestic violence. if someone beats my sister, i'll ask her to leave him. if my wife beats me, or cheats on me, even when we have no child yet, i'll leave her.

but calm down, this is a serious decision, even more serious than the decision to marry her. can u tolerate her beatings? can u bear it? do u know the consequences of tolerating those beatings? what happens when she has children?

but pray though. i believe in prayers, but i'm practical too. take ur time, dont rush. endure for a little longer. if she is pregnant it may be due to pregnancy associated psychosis or depression etc. give her emotional support. go to a councellor, get professional advice, but the final decision will be urs
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by redsun(m): 6:32pm On Aug 06, 2009
God in everything,mere common sense is what people need to have a cordial relationship.

Self love,u have to love urself first for u to be able to reach out to others.Love is freedom,love is wisdom,love is sacrifice,love is unconditional,love is self actualization.I can't see a fool loving,because a fool is very greedy,inconsiderate and selfish.
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by oge4real(f): 6:34pm On Aug 06, 2009
I suggest you take your case to your Pastor for counselling. It is too late to regret your marriage because you vowed to be with her for better for worse. The only criterion accepted for divorce is infidelity.So put your trust in God for the heart of every person is in His hands and he can turn it wherever He please.
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by redsun(m): 6:43pm On Aug 06, 2009
In no time,people will start needing god for jigijigi, No amount of rain can wash off the spots on the leopard skin,what u don't know,u don't know,until u find out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Married Guys; How Did You Cope During Your First Year In Marriage? / Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages / Nigerians With English Surnames

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.