Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) (52400 Views)

Oro Community Disowns Arrested Offa Bank Robbery Suspect - See Picture / @Therealdato (El Dato) Denies Rape Allegation, Deletes His Pictures On Instagram / Nigerian Man Disowns Son Through Newspaper Adverts (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by Islie: 5:30pm On Apr 22, 2016
A woman, who operates a restaurant at Iyana-Iba area of Lagos metropolis, has disowned her 16-year-old son, Ibeh, over robbery allegation. Police detectives in Lagos arrested Ibeh for being in possession of a toy gun. The teenager, however, insisted that he was not a robber.

The police accused Ibeh of using the toy gun to rob unsuspecting passengers in traffic at night at Iyana- Iba.

When his mum heard that her son had been arrested over allegation of robbery, she promptly disowned him.

According to Ibeh, his mum didn’t try to beg the police to leave him. Ibeh, who dropped out of school in primary three, used to wash buses and motorcycles at a carwash.

He said: “Before they took me to the police station, they took me to my mother.
But my mum and I had been having a strained relationship. She allowed the police to take me away.

She said I used to give her too much problems. She even said that whenever she asked me to wash used plates in her restaurant, I would run away. People told me that she had disowned me.”

Ibeh said that he was arrested with a toy gun at Iyana-Iba after he and his friend found the gun inside a bag.

He added: “I have not used the toy gun to rob anyone! I was walking with one of my friends at Iyana- Iba, when we saw a bag on the floor.
When we opened it, we found a black toy gun.

We found it around 9p.m. We were still there, discussing what to do with the gun when I was arrested by the police.
“The police didn’t want to listen to anything I had to say about the toy gun.

My friend first noticed the policemen and took to his heels. I also tried to run away but I was caught.

With our move to run away, they concluded that we were the ones robbing passengers in traffic at night.

I tried all I could to explain to them that I just found the gun in a bag by the roadside, but they wouldn’t listen.”

The suspect said that he dropped out of school after he discovered he could not cope.

He added: “My mother was not really interested in my schooling. But the way things are going for me now, I don’t like it at all. I’m really interested in going back to school.”

http://newtelegraphonline.com/mother-disowns-son-robbery-allegation/

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by funnynation(m): 5:32pm On Apr 22, 2016
Anyway, this guy story no pure.. I know say police dey misbehave but ur own case don't pass be carefull. ''we were thinking what to do with the gun''. If you no get evil mind, why una dey run?...but I no say u be thief oo but your story get ''k'' leg.

*Moral Lesson*
Always obey, huslte and listen to your parents especially your mum. She will never mean bad for you.

Nairaland official comedian

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by dulux07(m): 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2016
undecided

8 Likes

Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by 4reala(m): 5:55pm On Apr 22, 2016
I think dis must have been the fallout of d constant, advice, warning, reprimands, and admonitions dat d mother must have been given her son before now.
Kids of nowadays, always listen to ur parents wise counsel, for a better tomorrow

15 Likes

Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by Sijo01(f): 6:15pm On Apr 22, 2016
One of the qualities of an African 'Nigerian' mothers cheesy

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by Codyt(m): 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2016
What lies in his future ahead..... She should try to forgive him. You can't do anything in this life without your mother.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by Akshow: 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2016
The boy sure looks like one hell of a stubborn boy. However, disowning him won't change the fact that he is her child.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by dollaflow(m): 6:17pm On Apr 22, 2016
hmmm
Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by chinawapz(m): 6:17pm On Apr 22, 2016
She disown her son! .... she just knew dat her son b thief

2 Likes

Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by DaBullIT(m): 6:17pm On Apr 22, 2016
That's a good mother

5 Likes

Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by mrlaw93(m): 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2016
The mother needs to be jailed. How can a boy drop outta school at d tender age of three.

4 Likes

Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by hollistarMOB(m): 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2016
End time boys

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by Nateben(m): 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2016
Your name na sorry boy!!

But......,.................still typing shaaa

Plot of land, for sale..
Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by philtex(m): 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2016
B
Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by Nellybobo(m): 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2016
#Booked#
Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by okirewaju(f): 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2016
If he was not guilty then why would he and his friend run away when they saw police. I am sure his friend saw the police first hence he ran before him.

Hopefully his mum will forgive him someday. May God give us the grace to bring up the kids he has kept in our care.

Such a young boy!
Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by Houseofglam7(f): 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2016
Before nko?
Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by Mopolchi: 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2016
Police should own him now? But wait ooo, make I ask the mama

5 Likes

Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by darocha1: 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2016
oloshi omo. hear talk for thief mouth "we were still there discussing what to do with the gun". What kind of discussion will an obedient child be having about a gun.
Ofon is what you are, after you have been caught. you then realise you wish to return to school
God bless the mum for not covering him up, we need such to flush out bad breeds in the society.
Rot in prison, ajoto dawo (only egun people will understand this)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by tdayof(m): 6:23pm On Apr 22, 2016
But wait o.. can someone own an airsoft gun in Nigeria?
Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by vikeyz(m): 6:23pm On Apr 22, 2016
Double wahala....
Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by olimeh13(m): 6:23pm On Apr 22, 2016
The young man spent his mom's cash on this hungry babe....
#longer_throat

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by OLUJOSHINS(m): 6:26pm On Apr 22, 2016
mama forgive am ooooooo

na small pikin dey worry am
Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 22, 2016
Sijo01:

How is this a quality of Nigerian mothers? Are you talking for your own mum? Because Most mothers I know will stand by their children in really rough times and afterwards find a way to prevent a future repeat.

Though I suspect the boy must have being robbing the public with the toy gun. No grown boy of his age should be playing with toy gun.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by Davoneskay(m): 6:29pm On Apr 22, 2016
too bad
Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 22, 2016
Rubbish, A mother can't disown her child. Blood is thicker than water.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by presentley: 6:30pm On Apr 22, 2016
All this jss3 shildren seun appoints as supermod why can't you just leave the topic @Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation instead of Mother Disowns Son (see why). What's there to see?
........see why
.........and she did this
.........and this happened
Una won turn Nairaland to home video advert

11 Likes

Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by DAVECENA(m): 6:31pm On Apr 22, 2016
This story is kind of tricky but i blame his parents.lack of proper upbringing.The boy too is to be blamed.How will you touch a bag that doesn't belong to you?Either ways,they are all to be blamed.........its brotherDAVE on the net.
Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by Pidggin(f): 6:33pm On Apr 22, 2016
Good mother
Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by martineverest(m): 6:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
My mother can do such. She will even plan the arrest and tell them to lock u inside the worst cell

1 Like

Re: Mother Disowns Son Over Robbery Allegation (photo) by dahaz(m): 6:36pm On Apr 22, 2016
Sijo01:
may God continue to bless them wherever they are.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2 Businessmen Shot Dead In Nkpor, Anambra (Photos) / Gay Prophet Calistus Ezeanyaeche Caught With Condom & Stripped Unclad By Mob / Outrage As Lady Slaps Another Lady Repeatedly (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.