Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? (183670 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? / THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Aringarosa(m): 10:17am On Aug 17, 2016
montanaguy:
Thanks for your insightful analysis. I actually opened the thread but along the line, I got discouraged over the price of renting a house there. I was told I won't get a house anywhere in Abidjan at less than 25k nigerian naira monthly. In Bingerville and the other area you just mentioned, how much can one get a room self and how is rent paid there? I am a retiree on monthly pension of 46k which I expect will improve by end of this year. I plan to retire to Abidjan with my wife and two little kids. My question is this, can 100k take me to Abidjan by road and get me a one room self contain? In Bingerville, can we live on a 46k monthly pending when I get something doing like starting up a little business?

25k can get you a self contain (studio, that's the term for self contain houses here), but it all depends on the Area of town, places like bingerville are quite affordable to live.

As for the transportation, like several others have mentioned earlier, go to Maza-Maza, young shall grow park and make inquiry there as prices of things changes constantly in Nigeria, you can't be too sure. If you are traveling for this first time, your best bet of transportation should be the young shall grow group, this is because, they offer a direct route that is, Lagos - Abidjan direct. And they charge you not only for the transport fare, depending on the document you are using, they will include bribes they give to customs, immigration police, DLEA, etc. in there charges. Mind you, if you pay those charges, they will be responsible for the settling of these authorities I just mention, not you. And the most difficult boarders is the Nigerian SEME borders, other borders are easy. But i will advise anyone coming to come with their proper documents - passport, yellow card showing you have been given the meningitis and yellow fever vaccines shot, if you fail to do this, you will force to shell out unnecessary money on the way.

You can live of 46k/90,000cfa monthly if you are the type that economize, because foodstuffs are cheap here.

There are Nigerian schools for kids here and their standards are exactly what you will get in Nigerian, the teachers are Nigerians too and they operate the same Nigerian system of education. They aren't much expensive too.

I hope this helps.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 17, 2016
Aringarosa:

25k can get you a self contain (studio, that's the term for self contain houses here), but it all depends on the Area of town, places like bingerville are quite affordable to live.

As for the transportation, like several others have mentioned earlier, go to Maza-Maza, young shall grow park and make inquiry there as prices of things changes constantly in Nigeria, you can't be too sure. If you are traveling for this first time, your best bet of transportation should be the young shall grow group, this is because, they offer a direct route that is, Lagos - Abidjan direct. And they charge you not only for the transport fare, depending on the document you are using, they will include bribes they give to customs, immigration police, DLEA, etc. in there charges. Mind you, if you pay those charges, they will be responsible for the settling of these authorities I just mention, not you. And the most difficult boarders is the Nigerian SEME borders, other borders are easy. But i will advise anyone coming to come with their proper documents - passport, yellow card showing you have been given the meningitis and yellow fever vaccines shot, if you fail to do this, you will force to shell out unnecessary money on the way.

You can live of 46k/90,000cfa monthly if you are the type that economize, because foodstuffs are cheap here.

There are Nigerian schools for kids here and their standards are exactly what you will get in Nigerian, the teachers are Nigerians too and they operate the same Nigerian system of education. They aren't much expensive too.

I hope this helps.

Wow u have really been a source of encouragement here. Thanks a lot bro

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by goodieuzo: 2:27pm On Aug 17, 2016
Aringarosa:
For those of you seeking to migrate to the Ivory Coast for job purposes, listen carefully : It will be very difficult to get a job in Abidjan without understanding the official language which is French, Ivory Coast is not a developed country like Europe or America, it is an emerging economy just like you have in Nigeria, the only difference is that their politicians are less corrupt compared to what we have in Nigeria, they utilize their resources judiciously to run their country and by so doing, they have better Infrastructures, basic amenities like water, electricity, good roads, transportation are first class, it's nothing compare to what we have in Nigeria. Security is almost water tight, you will not see or hear of rampant robbery or kiddapping, for the exception of petty thieves and of recent the dreaded (microb) small bandit that seems to terrorise certain areas such as abobo and yopougon, but the security apparatus of the state are slowly but surely putting them out of business.

If you want to migrate for business purposes, that is to start a small scale to medium scale business, be prepared with your capital, depending on what you want to venture into, but you must come prepared. There are a lot of profitable business one can venture into if you are the type that is resilent and a risk taker.

Concerning accommodation, it depends on the area you want to live. Just like in any country of the world, the highbrow areas are expensive and middle and low class areas are less expensive. Example of highbrow area - under the Cocody commune, you have Riviera, Deux-plateau, Angre, Attoban, etc, these areas are expensive to live compare to areas like Yopougon, Abobo, Adjame, koumassi, Port-bouet. There are other cheaper areas if you are the type that prefers living in the outskirts of the city, places like Grand-Bassam and Bingerville are much much cheaper and aren't far from the urban areas.

If you are the type that is looking to import things from the Ivory Coast to Nigeria, I will advise you to seek knowledge from those Ejigbo women either in Nigeria or in Abidjan, these are the people who will tell you exactly what you can import from abidjan to Nigeria, because most of them where born in Ivory Coast, they know the intricacies of such business more than anyone else.

If you are into teaching of the English language, you might probably get a job, because they have a lot of expatriate community in Abidjan and most of these expatriate children attend English schools and as such a whole lot of English schools are springing up daily, most are seeking for English teachers and basic computer teachers to fill in, in their schools.

Food is about the most cheapest thing in the Ivory Coast, and they have Nigeria restaurants here too, run by Nigerians mostly Yoruba and Igbo women. They also sell Nigeria food stuffs in markets like Adjame and triechville. These are areas guys that willing to do business can look into, importing Nigerian food stuffs to sell here, cuz we have a lot of Nigerian communities here.

There are different category of Nigerians living here in the Ivory Coast, the expatriate Nigerians - these are the Nigerians that work with the African Development Bank (ADB), Embassies, Red Cross, Caritas, USaid, etc. Then you have the big to medium investors who are into industries, hotels, entertainment, motor parts, etc. Finally, you have the petty traders who are into electronics, used cloth/Shoes/bags/ business. Depending on whom you meet among these group, they will tell a different story about the country base on the level they operate.

All in all, before you migrate to a country where you know nobody or speak the language you have to come prepared, if you don't want to be stranded or have regret, this is not to discourage anybody who wants to come and try his or her luck. After all, when I left Nigeria to Ivory Coast for the first time, i could barely understand French, but today the story is different....

As for me, the Ivory Coast is my adopted home. I have travelled to a whole lot of country in Africa and Europe, but this is the only country i enjoyed living and doing business. Everything works here, if you have a good job or business, you will enjoy living in the Côte d'Ivoire - My personal opinion.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by schboy3: 12:19am On Aug 18, 2016
All ah have to say is this........
25k or not, 49k or not, please and please since it's obvious u don't have anybody over there, dont just travel with ur family, with the aim of Stayinq permanent.

Ah still repeat, why don't u do what they call 'testinq the water'. Visit alone, make equires, visit the places u intend Stayinq, find out thinqs for urself, etc.

Don't just dépend on what u read online.
Ah had ma own taste the first time (2014) ah traveled outside 9ja, it was purely online help ah qat ± the necessary travelinq documents. Buh on qettinq to there, it was somethinq different, buh honestly the aid from online was also useful.
U should know that there's biq difference between visitinq and livinq.
Normally ah wont say dis much, buh ah feel it will be bad to see someone who will come and write an epistle that touches the heart.

Cc: To whom it may concern

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 12:36am On Aug 18, 2016
schboy3:
25k or not, 49k or not, please and please since it's obvious u don't have anybody over there, dont just travel with ur family, with the aim of Stayinq permanent.

Ah still repeat, why don't u do what they call 'testinq the water'. Visit alone, make equires, visit the places u intend Stayinq, find out thinqs for urself, etc.

Ah had ma own taste the first time (2014) ah traveled outside 9ja, it was purely online help ah qat ± the necessary travelinq documents. Buh on qettinq to there, it was somethinq different, buh honestly the aid from online was also useful.
Normally ah wont say dis much, buh ah feel it will be bad to see someone who will come and write an epistle that touches the heart.

This is good advice everybody.
Look before you leap, and just don't move out of impulse, especially if you are moving with your family.
Migration is a big step o.
Safe journey to those who have decided to move anyways.
may God be with you
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 18, 2016
schboy3:

You nailed it cool

lemme keep watching in 3D grin
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 18, 2016
However the quest for a better life doesn't terminate in just an inferno of confusion or in the fear of the unknown as it been presented here.
Other African countries didn't just become a safe haven for Nigerians to run to if not cos of our political leaders who has ruin every chance.

The fact that we just wanna stay legit and responsible should be encouraged in all aspect. If u never try u can never testify.

This is my little piece to all out there who believes in the human struggle for emancipation, goal getter against all odds. If Côte d'Ivoire is the place pls go all out without fear or foe and rule the land. If nija is still the place, fight it to a success never forgetting ur source.. God.. He make all things beautiful in his own time.

Cheers!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2016
Folafikemi:
However the quest for a better life doesn't terminate in just an inferno of confusion or in the fear of the unknown as it been presented here.
Other African countries didn't just become a safe haven for Nigerians to run to if not cos of our political leaders who has ruin every chance.

The fact that we just wanna stay legit and responsible should be encouraged in all aspect. If u never try u can never testify.

This is my little piece to all out there who believes in the human struggle for emancipation, goal getter against all odds. If Côte d'Ivoire is the place pls go all out without fear or foe and rule the land. If nija is still the place, fight it to a success never forgetting ur source.. God.. He make all things beautiful in his own time.

Cheers!!!

It's like you still don't get the point right?

Okay o..
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by goodieuzo: 3:17pm On Aug 18, 2016
Ugosample:

It's like you still don't get the point right?

Okay o..
which point did you want him to get?you where once like him,you travelled and made it,there was a path you followed and the challenges you overcame and the ways you did it,that is what should be telling him.that how the Lebanese,Indians,Philippines etc help themselves.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 3:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
goodieuzo:
which point did you want him to get?you where once like him,you travelled and made it,there was a path you followed and the challenges you overcame and the ways you did it,that is what should be telling him.that how the Lebanese,Indians,Philippines etc help themselves.

Let's get this point straight...
I am not discouraging anybody o
You are welcome to come grin

But my point is to plan adequately and plan well before coming. We have contributed on pages of this thread on how to settle and what to expect (papers, documents, etc )

And come with enough money too (hide it o)

It is a good country, but could be very mean to those who misfired.

This is my point bro.

Take care

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Harzontorh: 7:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
Well, I realy need to commend this @goodieuzo writer first. hes realy fantastic. has given good tips and reliable information. He was almost perfect!

I have been off the forum due to my travels and other stuffs getting me busy. I have read from where i stopped and sense some simple mistakes people are making.

The problems are..

1. Some people are just here trying to discourage others over job, accomodation, family relocation and whatsoever.. But all i would say is.. please stop the discouragement.. let people who have been there give you their experiences so that you might learn and execute your movement too. No allow people with "bad belle Nigerian blood" distract you because they have made it in Ivorycoast.

2. Some willing travelers too are in doubts thats grieves my heart a liitle bit because they havent been there to have a change breakthrough of life. Not only by travelling to Abidjan. . but other places. We all know whats happening in Naija today. well lets leave that. all i know is that you can never meet someone who have been to Abidjan not once not twice.. and would give you a rubbish comment about the city.. THATS NEVER POSSIBLE. GOD SEF KNOW! It depends and its left to you ur self.

3. Language stuff ( which is actually part of the discouragement ) I was just laughing as i was reading some comments on Language. See men! Deaf and Dumb people dey make their living in West Africa. French is the official language fine.. so thats all and Bleep the country. .abi? lol . never. language is not it.. its just having a big part of it. Your English as a Nigerian is a Big opportunity for money. Only if you are realy good and willing to work. (i wont talk much on language and its problem. i have written something like that before on this same forum)

4. Which is maybe the last for now. is the BULLY ORELOPE TRANSPORT STUFF. Fine.. i am here to confirm to you that Bully Orelope is one of the leading transport system in Ejigbo, Osun State. AND IT IS REALY GENUIN.. they have been in existence for the past 10 years. so no qualms about that at all. The only problem is that they dont realy have a website . (almost all transporters in Ejigbo dont have websites ). BUT TO BE ON A SAFER SIDE OR ANY STILL DOUBTS, PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY TO ANY MR WHATEVER NOR TRY TO PERFORM ANY SILLY TRANSACTION WITH ANY ONE. MY ADVICE IS FOR YOU TO GO TO EJIGBO OSUN STATE ITS SELF.. YOU CAN GET THERE FROM LAGOS, IBADAN .OSOGBO AND SO ON.. SO THATS SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM.. GET THERE YOUR SELF AND PAY. SEE THE BIG BUS. TENDER YOUR LUGGAGES AND PAY. YOU WILL SEE SO SO MANY OPTIONS AND TRANSPORT COMPANIES APART FROM BULLY ORELOPE . JUST TO CONFIRM .

THANKS. CHECK MY PROFILE FOR ANY CONTACT AS I WOULDNT REALY BE ABLE TO SHARE MY CONTACT ANY HOW DUE TO THE RULES ON NAIRALAND.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 9:00pm On Aug 18, 2016
Why are some Nigerians like this?
So to say it as it is, is a form of discouragement?
I will continue to say it, plan properly and look before you leap before coming here o

And as a first timer, I recommend Young Shall Grow, because it goes directly to Abidjan, but if you can fly, Air Côte d'Ivoire and Arik is there.

If you have made up your mind to move, All the best.

Plan, plan, plan.

If someone wants to still ask questions tho, the person can still ask.

4 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 11:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
Aringarosa:
For those of you seeking to migrate to the Ivory Coast for job purposes, listen carefully : It will be very difficult to get a job in Abidjan without understanding the official language which is French, Ivory Coast is not a developed country like Europe or America, it is an emerging economy just like you have in Nigeria, the only difference is that their politicians are less corrupt compared to what we have in Nigeria, they utilize their resources judiciously to run their country and by so doing, they have better Infrastructures, basic amenities like water, electricity, good roads, transportation are first class, it's nothing compare to what we have in Nigeria. Security is almost water tight, you will not see or hear of rampant robbery or kiddapping, for the exception of petty thieves and of recent the dreaded (microb) small bandit that seems to terrorise certain areas such as abobo and yopougon, but the security apparatus of the state are slowly but surely putting them out of business.

If you want to migrate for business purposes, that is to start a small scale to medium scale business, be prepared with your capital, depending on what you want to venture into, but you must come prepared. There are a lot of profitable business one can venture into if you are the type that is resilent and a risk taker.

Concerning accommodation, it depends on the area you want to live. Just like in any country of the world, the highbrow areas are expensive and middle and low class areas are less expensive. Example of highbrow area - under the Cocody commune, you have Riviera, Deux-plateau, Angre, Attoban, etc, these areas are expensive to live compare to areas like Yopougon, Abobo, Adjame, koumassi, Port-bouet. There are other cheaper areas if you are the type that prefers living in the outskirts of the city, places like Grand-Bassam and Bingerville are much much cheaper and aren't far from the urban areas.

If you are the type that is looking to import things from the Ivory Coast to Nigeria, I will advise you to seek knowledge from those Ejigbo women either in Nigeria or in Abidjan, these are the people who will tell you exactly what you can import from abidjan to Nigeria, because most of them where born in Ivory Coast, they know the intricacies of such business more than anyone else.

If you are into teaching of the English language, you might probably get a job, because they have a lot of expatriate community in Abidjan and most of these expatriate children attend English schools and as such a whole lot of English schools are springing up daily, most are seeking for English teachers and basic computer teachers to fill in, in their schools.

Food is about the most cheapest thing in the Ivory Coast, and they have Nigeria restaurants here too, run by Nigerians mostly Yoruba and Igbo women. They also sell Nigeria food stuffs in markets like Adjame and triechville. These are areas guys that willing to do business can look into, importing Nigerian food stuffs to sell here, cuz we have a lot of Nigerian communities here.

There are different category of Nigerians living here in the Ivory Coast, the expatriate Nigerians - these are the Nigerians that work with the African Development Bank (ADB), Embassies, Red Cross, Caritas, USaid, etc. Then you have the big to medium investors who are into industries, hotels, entertainment, motor parts, etc. Finally, you have the petty traders who are into electronics, used cloth/Shoes/bags/ business. Depending on whom you meet among these group, they will tell a different story about the country base on the level they operate.

All in all, before you migrate to a country where you know nobody or speak the language you have to come prepared, if you don't want to be stranded or have regret, this is not to discourage anybody who wants to come and try his or her luck. After all, when I left Nigeria to Ivory Coast for the first time, i could barely understand French, but today the story is different....

As for me, the Ivory Coast is my adopted home. I have travelled to a whole lot of country in Africa and Europe, but this is the only country i enjoyed living and doing business. Everything works here, if you have a good job or business, you will enjoy living in the Côte d'Ivoire - My personal opinion.
you obviously nailed it

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 11:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
Bully orelope transport happens to be a very geniue transport company but currently without a website as said by someone above .but be rest assured if you had called 08077586461 and he asked you to pay to Bashir account is actually also legit as to avoid the extra cost and stress of travelling down to ejigbo again from lagos.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by good4all40: 12:08am On Aug 19, 2016
Firstly, l must commend those that have dropped comments on this great thread about Abidjan and Cote'Divoire in general great inputs.

Orelope is good and reliable for those that can be patient for the 48 hours long journey or more. If Orelope or others are to move from Ejigbo on Monday, the Quickest day they will reach Abidjan is on Wednesday Afternoon or early in the Evening, but sometimes they spend more days if the buses developed fault.

From my experience, l will strongly advice first timer to go via Young Shall grow at Maza Maza though a bit expensive if you don't have international passport or and other travel documents, but alternatively try to get to Cotonue, ask any Okada Man at Tokpa Market in Cotonue that you are going to STC Abidjan Park or Gana Transport and STIF Abidjan Park both are in Cotonue, they are cheaper and you will get to Abidjan the following day. STC leaves every Monday, Wednesday and Friday (you should try to confirm this more because they might have changed their schedule) you can search for their website on Google as for the latter you can search online too or you can ask a relative or friend that resides in Cotonue to help you more with this.

As for French Language, Abidjan and Gabon are the best places to Learn French in Africa because everyone speaks the Language in these countries even in their villages and among their Octogenarians and above Though their French is categorized into two 1.The official French 2. The Broken French but you will perfectly get along with the comprehension of both after carefully paying attention to them, this may take few months but it worth it my dear friend. You can Download great apps to learn French on Google play store or Apple Store, and there are cheaper centers where you can learn French I think there is one at Attecoube, people already living in Abidjan will help you more on this as l am presently not in Abidjan but l visit often infact my next visit should be October by God's Grace.

Food: this should be your least worry, l have been to more than 9 countries in West Africa, l can proudly tell you Abidjan beats them all in the abundance of food and it's affordability.

their water is cleaner than the refined ever water we drink here, and the water bill is very cheap to pay at every three months or thereabouts. Electricity in this country is superbly magnificent, you can have electricity for three months at a stretch here, sometimes you will be wondering are you still in Africa or in Europe. And the nightlife in this country is kilimanjorilically and mightily incomparable to that of Nigeria and most countries in West Africa even Ghana.

My advice: if you are married you can come alone to look for an apartment stay for few weeks or months look for what you can do to fetch you HALAH money and go back to bring your family. If not because of the current poor exchange rate of Naira to most currencies of the world, With 200, 000 Naira you are good to go. And don't forget their roads are good too. For singles bring your bags and money come and explore what this beautiful West African city has to offer. Try to visit their zoo and nice beaches you will not regret you come except you do not plan the VOYAGE very well.

BON VOYAGE

15 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 12:34am On Aug 19, 2016
good4all40:
Firstly l must commend those that have dropped comments on this great thread about Abidjan and Cote'Divoire in general.

Orelope is good and reliable for those that can be patient for the 48 hours long journey or more. If Orelope or others are to move from Ejigbo on Monday the Quickest day they will reach Abidjan is on Wednesday Afternoon or early in the Evening but sometimes they spend more days if the buses developed fault.

From my experience l will strongly advice first timer to go via Young Shall grow at Maza Maza though a bit expensive if you don't have international passport or alternatively try to get to Cotonue ask any Okada Man at Tokpa Market in Cotonue that you are going to STC Abidjan Park or Gana Transport both in Cotonue they are cheaper and you will get to Abidjan the following day.

As for French Language Abidjan and Gabon are the best places to Learn French in Africa because everyone speaks the Language in these countries even in their villages. Though their French is categorized into two 1.The official French 2. The Broken French but you will perfectly get along with the comprehension of both after carefully paying attention this may take few months but it worth it. Download great apps to learn French and there are cheaper centers where you can learn French I think there is one at Attecoube, people already living there will help you more in this regard.

Food: this should be your least worry l have been to more than 9 countries in West Africa l can proudly tell you Abidjan beats them all in the abundance of food and it's affordability.

their water is cleaner than the refined ever water we drink here and the water bill is very cheap too. Electricity in this country is superbly magnificent you can have electricity for three months at a stretch here, sometimes you will be wondering are you still in Africa or in Europe. And the nightlife in this country is kilimanjorilically and mightily incomparable to that of Nigeria and most countries in West Africa even Ghana.

My advice: if you are married you can come alone to look for an apartment stay for few weeks or months look for what you can do to fetch you HALAH money and go back to bring your family. If not because of the current poor exchange rate of Naira to most currencies of the world, With 200, 000 Naira you are good to go. And don't forget their roads are good too.

And this is good advice.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 19, 2016
NEVER PAY ONE KOBO TO ANYONE YOU'VE NOT MET...I REPEAT!!!

grin grin
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 19, 2016
popizaino:
Bully orelope transport happens to be a very geniue transport company but currently without a website as said by someone above .but be rest assured if you had called 08077586461 and he asked you to pay to Bashir account is actually also legit as to avoid the extra cost and stress of travelling down to ejigbo again from lagos.

SCAMMERS EVERYWHEREgrin grin

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 10:08am On Aug 19, 2016
wailing:

SCAMMERS EVERYWHEREgrin grin
obviously that is the secretary's number so be rest assured you are in a safe hands. You can't get any better info about bully orelope transport form anyone than me and presently they have a new bus which leaves on Wednesday and get to abidjan the following day .
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 19, 2016
good4all40:
Firstly, l must commend those that have dropped comments on this great thread about Abidjan and Cote'Divoire in general great inputs.

Orelope is good and reliable for those that can be patient for the 48 hours long journey or more. If Orelope or others are to move from Ejigbo on Monday, the Quickest day they will reach Abidjan is on Wednesday Afternoon or early in the Evening, but sometimes they spend more days if the buses developed fault.

From my experience, l will strongly advice first timer to go via Young Shall grow at Maza Maza though a bit expensive if you don't have international passport or and other travel documents, but alternatively try to get to Cotonue, ask any Okada Man at Tokpa Market in Cotonue that you are going to STC Abidjan Park or Gana Transport and STIF Abidjan Park both are in Cotonue, they are cheaper and you will get to Abidjan the following day. STC leaves every Monday, Wednesday and Friday (you should try to confirm this more because they might have changed their schedule) you can search for their website on Google as for the latter you can search online too or you can ask a relative or friend that resides in Cotonue to help you more with this.

As for French Language, Abidjan and Gabon are the best places to Learn French in Africa because everyone speaks the Language in these countries even in their villages and among their Octogenarians and above Though their French is categorized into two 1.The official French 2. The Broken French but you will perfectly get along with the comprehension of both after carefully paying attention to them, this may take few months but it worth it my dear friend. You can Download great apps to learn French on Google play store or Apple Store, and there are cheaper centers where you can learn French I think there is one at Attecoube, people already living in Abidjan will help you more on this as l am presently not in Abidjan but l visit often infact my next visit should be October by God's Grace.

Food: this should be your least worry, l have been to more than 9 countries in West Africa, l can proudly tell you Abidjan beats them all in the abundance of food and it's affordability.

their water is cleaner than the refined ever water we drink here, and the water bill is very cheap to pay at every three months or thereabouts. Electricity in this country is superbly magnificent, you can have electricity for three months at a stretch here, sometimes you will be wondering are you still in Africa or in Europe. And the nightlife in this country is kilimanjorilically and mightily incomparable to that of Nigeria and most countries in West Africa even Ghana.

My advice: if you are married you can come alone to look for an apartment stay for few weeks or months look for what you can do to fetch you HALAH money and go back to bring your family. If not because of the current poor exchange rate of Naira to most currencies of the world, With 200, 000 Naira you are good to go. And don't forget their roads are good too. For singles bring your bags and money come and explore what this beautiful West African city has to offer. Try to visit their zoo and nice beaches you will not regret you come except you do not plan the VOYAGE very well.

BON VOYAGE

Good one bro. Bravo.

Meanwhile a little question as regarding alk you said about Côte d'Ivoire. How about job and Accommodation prices there? What business do u think can thrive with your experience of stay in dat country?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 22, 2016
Morning house. Will be moving in to ivory coast soon, pls any Nairalander out there that i can meet?
And pls where are the yorubas located in Abidjan?
Finally without the yellow card will i be allowed in as i intend to go by road first using Young shall grow bus at maza maza lagos.?

Await your favorable response.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Godwin1992: 10:53am On Aug 23, 2016
pls what phone acc.over there is't. adviseable?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ayabahipee(f): 6:17pm On Aug 28, 2016
Aringarosa:

Thanks for this insight, I so much appreciate you. U said u r into biz, pls if I may ask what type of biz are u into. Tnks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 3:07pm On Sep 02, 2016
laoteck:
bully orelope transport leaves ejigbo to abidjan every Sundays so you can as well book through their booking office in ejigbo and you are picked at sango ota since they ply idi-iroko not seme and ticket fee isn't has high as that call for booking tickets.08023413190. it's leaves on Sunday but get there on Tuesday due to the fact that abidjan is usually closed 10pm everyday.
you must be a scammer. bully orelope transport doesn't have phone no like that you are a fraudster.#theif ole barao

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 3:10pm On Sep 02, 2016
jojokings:

This bully or elope transport don't they have company acct, rather one Mr sanni is asking me to pay into his personal access bank acct,

Pls is it advisable to do that, the acct name is salawu basiri with acct number 0053861793.

Pls I need advise
any number you call and is not 08077586461 then you are on your own .I think that laoteck of a guy is a scammer.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by nigerianWAD: 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2016
How are you guys coping with the post election violence in that country. I heard some oyinbos are exiting for fear of re-occurrence of violence again in that country called ivory coast. kindly let me know you guys are doing.

cc
Ugosample
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 10:32pm On Sep 02, 2016
nigerianWAD:
How are you guys coping with the post election violence in that country. I heard some oyinbos are exiting for fear of re-occurrence of violence again in that country called ivory coast. kindly let me know you guys are doing.

cc
Ugosample

The post election violence has been put behind, and the city honestly does not look like a city which suffered from war.
However, there are few scratches here and there, but In general terms, people have moved on, and the city is back
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 02, 2016
Ugosample:

The post election violence has been put behind, and the city honestly does not look like a city which suffered from war.
However, there are few scratches here and there, but In general terms, people have moved on, and the city is back

Are u currently there in Côte d'Ivoire? And when is the next election coming? What does electioneering looks like over there?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 11:59pm On Sep 02, 2016
Folafikemi:

Are u currently there in Côte d'Ivoire? And when is the next election coming? What does electioneering looks like over there?
Elections were just last year ending now.
And since Ouatarra was incumbent, there was not much trouble.
so, no elections in at least the next 4 years
No worry yourself, looking at things, I doubt there would be crisis again in the short term.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 03, 2016
Ugosample:

Elections were just last year ending now.
And since Ouatarra was incumbent, there was not much trouble.
so, no elections in at least the next 4 years
No worry yourself, looking at things, I doubt there would be crisis again in the short term.

Good to know that peace is restored there. Thanks for the info bro. Now my other basic concern is the business one can do there cos all dat has been said on this thread boils down to having a good business there. Pls what business can one possibly invest in there.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Bifwoli: 8:33pm On Sep 03, 2016
Abidjan is the premier city of west africa ,better than Lagos ,Abuja ,Accra or Dakar.No overcrowding ,no area boys and no molue madness like in overhyped Lagos with its small overhyped Lekki area.

5 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by lilreese: 9:22pm On Sep 22, 2016
Nigeria is richer than Ivory Coast. Yet look at this beauty. The British colony was a failure. I which we were colonise by the french.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (51) (Reply)

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.