Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,287 members, 7,780,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:44 PM

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? (182525 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? / THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by cutieme(m): 6:28am On Sep 21, 2017
MamaTej:

Bro? I do not have a d**k, please.
hahahaha
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by JWTheocracy1: 6:35am On Sep 21, 2017
MamaTej:

Bro? I do not have a d**k, please.
Lol... is that the cause of the boredom?

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by amysavage(f): 7:46am On Sep 21, 2017
Correct wink
JWTheocracy1:
As for me, I don't really believe that life is all about making money. I believe is all about happiness. that's why people from a more organized nations has a better average life expectancy than we from this part of the earth called Nigeria.
the average life expectancy of a Canadian is 85yrs, while the average life expectancy of a Nigerian is 45yrs.
Do you know why? because they're more happier and have more of a better living environment than we.
My greener pasture is my health and happiness... that's why I'm leaving this country to Abidjan.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by amysavage(f): 8:06am On Sep 21, 2017
25000cfa to 35000cfa per day? Hmmmm c'est pas vrai..es que je peux trouver une travail comme ça shocked
good4all40:
I doubt if anyone will be bored in Abidjan if not for Language or lack of money to maximize the enjoyment of the Country. For those that can teach, you will surely get teaching jobs in Abidjan there are more than 50 Nigerian schools scattered all over Abidjan alone, though many of these schools don't have great structures but you should be less concerned about that as long as your cash is rolling in. Most schools l know in Abidjan pay their teachers per day like 2500CFA to 3500CFA per day depending on the school, though the teacher can bargain with the school management to be the getting his or her money at the end of the month most schools if not all will agree to that.

As for the language barrier, be patient you will understand their local French very quickly Abidjan remains one of the the French cities in Africa to Quickly learn local French because virtually everyone in that country speaks French even people as old as 90 and people living in their villages Speak good French too.

As for their women please be careful otherwise l doubt if you will return to Nigeria with N5,000 their women are exceedingly stunning you may not realize what you are into until you get to Ivorian/Ghanaian boarder in NOE and ELUBO respectively and OYO is your name. Try to visit their Zoo they have lots of Animals the last time l visited with my Friend, and also see their beaches and the first Ivorian capital BASSAM you will love you did. If you visit their beach on Weekends you may want to decide to be living near the beach lol. Please stay away from their women except your intention is to marry one of them lol Abidjan has a nice weather all year round.

I call Abidjan the food basket city of West Africa, food is in Abundance here you will love it here, this city can make you become a glutton if care is not taken just eat moderately and save decently. Their Electricity sometimes you will ask yourself are you still in West Africa or Europe?? because many times you can have electricity for three months at stretch without blinking. You will hate Nigeria more if you live in this city for just few days especially if you have little cash.

I know many Nigerians in Abidjan that have spent 30 years or more in the city most of them have not even attempted to visit their home country, don't blame them because about 40% or more now have ivorian passports.

You will continue to ask yourself what has Nigeria achieved as a country since 1960 of her independence. I always want to slap anyone to calls Nigeria giant of Africa, Nigeria is not even ant of Africa a country with no light, no water from the government, no good roads these shortcomings from our government always increase depression and devastation for my country men. l have never heard any news that an ivorian commit suicide in Abidjan atleast their government provide light, water and good roads for everyone and there is a very little gap between the rich and the poor in the country. The Last time l visited Bamako the Capital city of Mali despite the country being poor there were constant light, water and good roads.

You will never know what we are taking for granted in Nigeria except you leave the country. You can ask any Question about Abidjan or about the country as a whole because l visited their political capital(YAMSOKRO) and few other towns and villages last time l visited.

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 8:31am On Sep 21, 2017
amysavage:
25000cfa to 35000cfa per day? Hmmmm c'est pas vrai..es que je peux trouver une travail comme ça shocked
He meant 2500 - 3500 per day. But this can't even pay one's rent here.

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Shakitibob0: 8:39am On Sep 21, 2017
Shakitibob0:
I major on importation and e-commerce here in Nigeria and the sectors especially e-commerce has really grown so huge here.

Do people really shop online in ivory coast as we do presently in Nigeria?
roughdiamond ugosample

Is online shopping a common activity in cote d voire?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by amysavage(f): 9:12am On Sep 21, 2017
Ok..even in Cotonou I got one for 60000cfa to 80000cfa but they owe a lot and I really can't because the pay is really small but if I could stroll down there I would take the job but the transport fare is killing.. From my house to school is undecidedEverything expensive..except u want to eat too much pineapples..even pineapple sef dey expensive..(trying to do pineapple business with some students but border wahala..i think French speaking countries are extremely expensive for now ..just stock your kitchen with foodstuff and enjoy the breeze close to the beach.
roughdiamond:

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by good4all40: 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2017
roughdiamond:

Yes that's what l meant thanks for quickly understanding.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by cutieme(m): 2:44pm On Sep 21, 2017
amysavage:
Ok..even in Cotonou I got one for 60000cfa to 80000cfa but they owe a lot and I really can't because the pay is really small but if I could stroll down there I would take the job but the transport fare is killing.. From my house to school is undecidedEverything expensive..except u want to eat too much pineapples..even pineapple sef dey expensive..(trying to do pineapple business with some students but border wahala..i think French speaking countries are extremely expensive for now ..just stock your kitchen with foodstuff and enjoy the breeze close to the beach.
amysalvage,are u still in cotonou?If yes,where in cotonou are u?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 6:16pm On Sep 21, 2017
Shakitibob0:
roughdiamond ugosample

Is online shopping a common activity in cote d voire?
Coincidentally, I am into this business. Still expecting my first order this week. I can't really answer your question now because this language barrier is treating me too bad. I am still thinking of how I will make sales but there is God sha.
But honestly, most products that people make use of here are imported. I wish to get an English conne, and this storm will be over. I searched all I could in the market today for English - French book but couldn't see. All I was seeing were French - English. Whoever knows where I can get a good book that teaches French very well should help me.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 6:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
amysavage:
I can't stop agreeing with you. You nailed it but I met a guy(Teacher) here who has bought a car and got married under two years.

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by JWTheocracy1: 8:57pm On Sep 21, 2017
roughdiamond:
Coincidentally, I am into this business. Still expecting my first order this week. I can't really answer your question now because this language barrier is treating me too bad. I am still thinking of how I will make sales but there is God sha.
But honestly, most products that people make use of here are imported. I wish to get an English conne, and this storm will be over. I searched all I could in the market today for English - French book but couldn't see. All I was seeing were French - English. Whoever knows where I can get a good book that teaches French very well should help me.
I feel your pains Bro. @ Roughdiamond , I've been learning French in advance now for a few days. I must confess it has been very very helpful. expecting to know at least 10% of the daily used words before my arrival next month.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Shakitibob0: 11:06pm On Sep 21, 2017
roughdiamond:
Thanks for the response bro. I appreciate it...
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Sandramuna: 12:15pm On Sep 25, 2017
Please I need help or any assistance I can get. I got into Abidjan on Friday only to realize my $1000 dollars I brought is missing. Please I beg please I need help..I'm stranded and very confused I don't know what to do as I'm here now...that fund was supposed to help me settle my accommodation here and feeding for at least three months before I settle well. Please if any can assist me or direct me to someone who can I'll be very grateful and recompense as soon as possible. This is the number I got please +225 64 52 95 80.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by JWTheocracy1: 12:18pm On Sep 25, 2017
Sandramuna:
Please I need help or any assistance I can get. I got into Abidjan on Friday only to realize my $1000 dollars I brought is missing. Please I beg please I need help..I'm stranded and very confused I don't know what to do as I'm here now...that fund was supposed to help me settle my accommodation here and feeding for at least three months before I settle well. Please if any can assist me or direct me to someone who can I'll be very grateful and recompense as soon as possible. This is the number I got please +225 64 52 95 80.
where did you put the cash that it disappeared without your notice and if I may ask again... are you a male or female.?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 2:39pm On Sep 25, 2017
Sandramuna:
So bad. I will just check what I can do.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Sandramuna: 12:04am On Sep 26, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
where did you put the cash that it disappeared without your notice and if I may ask again... are you a male or female.?

Female
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Sandramuna: 12:05am On Sep 26, 2017
roughdiamond:

Thank you, I appreciate.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by JWTheocracy1: 7:05am On Sep 26, 2017
Sandramuna:

Female
sorry Dear. God will see You through.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Sandramuna: 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
sorry Dear. God will see You through.

Amen
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Kaplus: 7:33am On Sep 30, 2017
Happy weekend folks. this Thread has been quiet for some time. At least let's keep abreast of developments over there Abidjan. @Roughdiamond how far, how are u settling?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by cutieme(m): 10:03pm On Oct 21, 2017
roughdiamond:
I can't stop agreeing with you. You nailed it but I met a guy(Teacher) here who has bought a car and got married under two years.
Roughdiamonds how market na?Wetin dey sup can u link me up to the teacher?I'd like to relate with him to see the possibility of getting a teaching job right about now,thanks.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by schboy3: 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2017
@ugosample, ah dont know if you are qonna see this, buh ah just need to drop it too for others.
naira to cedis N1000 to 12.4 cedis
cedis to naira 12.6 to N1000

naira to cfa N1000 to 1500 cfa
cfa to naira 600cfa to N1000

and aqain, the stamp is onoe one less than before.
cet tout pour le moment
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by cutieme(m): 9:27pm On Oct 31, 2017
schboy3:
@ugosample, ah dont know if you are qonna see this, buh ah just need to drop it too for others.
naira to cedis N1000 to 12.4 cedis
cedis to naira 12.6 to N1000

naira to cfa N1000 to 1500 cfa
cfa to naira 600cfa to N1000

and aqain, the stamp is onoe one less than before.
cet tout pour le moment
600cfa=1000naira?Where did u get this rate?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by schboy3: 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2017
cutieme:
600cfa=1000naira?Where did u get this rate?

toqo border sir.
had alot of cash before enter CI, so didn't check for rate over there.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Kaplus: 8:40pm On Nov 02, 2017
schboy3:

toqo border sir.
had alot of cash before enter CI, so didn't check for rate over there.

U obviously have been cheated. I was in Cotonou just last weekend, n I exchanged #1000= CFA 1,550. I also changed Naira inside d city and even at the popular Misebo market at that rate.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by afiazusia: 3:23am On Dec 10, 2017
Greetings nairalanders. Any idea about production business over there? Like producing palm kernel oil, soap production?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by SimplyFabulous: 2:06am On Dec 11, 2017
roughdiamond:

Hello bro, I am currently thinking of moving over to Abidjan to start a trading business. Please i just need information on how i can get a decent room to start with and at what cost can i get it. I am hoping to arrive before the new year or probably by first week of the new year. I will appreciate any assistance i can get so that i dont find myself stranded there.
Thank you so much.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by EbonyCy(f): 8:46pm On Dec 12, 2017
chai.....this thread they sweet me die.......JwTheocracy how far,you don travel??
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 12, 2017
EbonyCy:
chai.....this thread they sweet me die.......

3 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by EbonyCy(f): 9:10pm On Dec 12, 2017
[quote author=franzeezco post=63227263][/quote]
Lol...Oga na wetin na
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 12, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (51) (Reply)

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.