Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,954 members, 7,806,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? (183693 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? / THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 3:32pm On Mar 26, 2018
onatisi:

dont plan or rely on information here , go there and make ur findings before taking a decision, online information is usually different from the real situation on ground ,
a word is enough for the wise sad
sure but what if he is asking from someone who knows the real situation on ground?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Harzontorh: 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2018
onatisi:

dont plan or rely on information here , go there and make ur findings before taking a decision, online information is usually different from the real situation on ground ,
a word is enough for the wise sad

yes, thats OK. But guess what?

Popiziano for exmple is a 'Living Legend' in Ivory Coast. He could have an ivorian national card if hé needs one asap. He is propably born there or grew up there . So he must have given accurate info.

I am an Ivorian and currently in Cote divoire. I know so much about Côte divoire, if I dont know then I have failed..

Others like roughdiamond are right there in the heart of Abidjan, you will always get the first hand information here, Thanks ....and Thanks to Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 7:26pm On Mar 26, 2018
Harzontorh:

yes, thats OK. But guess what?

Popiziano for exmple is a 'Living Legend' in Ivory Coast. He could have an ivorian national card if hé needs one asap. He is propably born there or grew up there . So he must have given accurate info.

I am an Ivorian and currently in Cote divoire. I know so much about Côte divoire, if I dont know then I have failed..

Others like roughdiamond are right there in the heart of Abidjan, you will always get the first hand information here, Thanks ....and Thanks to Nairaland.

Comment vas-tu?

To vas born?

J'ai pensé tu es Nigérian.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Harzontorh: 5:46am On Mar 27, 2018
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 11:54am On Mar 27, 2018
Harzontorh:

Ha, Ugo Sample is here too. This thread is already the thing.

Je vais bien bro, Je frequent Nigeria plusieurs des fois. et un de mes parents est une nigériane (maman). Voilà comment j'suis un Africain complètement. Merci potô

that's good
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 12:50am On Mar 30, 2018
Sunnysteve009:

what advice will u give to someone that is planning to come to ivory coast to start mini importation business and it's prospect there,
This I think should exclude highbrow areas
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 12:58am On Mar 30, 2018
To all those asking questions about the kind of business that moves. The question will be very hard to answer. Business is very diverse and I will advise, try to get a brother or friend who is in line of the business you have in mind before coming. It will be very difficult to connect with a Helper here. Though, you maybe at an advantage if you understand Yoruba but if you want to hope on my Igbo brothers, your chances are very slim. Try to visit first and weigh the ground. I have said it before, doing business in a foreign land that you don't understand their language is a very hard nut.

5 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by JWTheocracy1: 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2018
Good evening All my honorables in this forum... It's been quiet a while since I haven't written here. I've been busy with realities of life here in Abidjan. Hope everyone is doing wonderfully well in his or her base and endeavors.

To those planing to come here. my advice ', come very prepared. I mean very prepared if you don't wanna suffer from all angles (at least you deal with language barrier alone). Abidjan is a nice city(but very expensive) they people are very polite, Business moves here, but you should know what you wanna venture on. Remember, "where there is a will, there's a goal". Just know what you want and go for it, do not be discouraged.

I am, and will always remain grateful to my Boss and brother Roughdiamond, You did a lot to me when I arrived here few months ago, God will grant you an indefatigable success in all You do. Greetings to You All.

4 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Harry4040: 11:22am On Apr 23, 2018
good morning everyone on here ...thanks for the informations you all have pass thru to everyone here ....but my question is that have anyone here ever travel by plane {air} to Abidjan ? please I need info on this please ..I will want to travel by air there ...or does any one have a real reliable agent I can meet for help ? sad
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Harzontorh: 8:00pm On Apr 23, 2018
Harry4040:
good morning everyone on here ...thanks for the informations you all have pass thru to everyone here ....but my question is that have anyone here ever travel by plane {air} to Abidjan ? please I need info on this please ..I will want to travel by air there ...or does any one have a real reliable agent I can meet for help ? sad

Its unnecessary to need an Agent before you travel by air to Abidjan.

Just have your

1. Yellow Vaccination Card
2. International or Ecowas Passport
3. Flight fee of course

Then search your flight online through various flight searching site starting from google flights, to wakanow, to travelstart, Expedia, kayak, opodo and so on and so forth.

Book a flight, Pay online and print your slip , walk up to the counter in the flying day and collect your boarding pass and fly. Land in Abidjan in less than 1h 30minutes and start eating French Baguettes and Pastries!

P.S; Air Cote d'Ivoire is the easiest, fastest and best but more expensive. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by gamaliel9: 8:45pm On Apr 23, 2018
Harzontorh:

Just have your

3. Flight fee of course

Then search your flight online through various flight searching site starting from google flights, to wakanow, to travelstart, Expedia, kayak, opodo and so on and so forth.

Book a flight, Pay online and print your slip , walk up to the counter in the flying day and collect your boarding pass and fly. Land in Abidjan in less than 1h 30minutes and start eating French Baguettes and Pastries!

P.S; Air Cote d'Ivoire is the easiest, fastest and best but more expensive. Good luck!

Baguette du pain et pasteries seulement.....c`est la mangee de pauvre type...poison fritte...jus du carrot sans sucre,meme jus d ananas sans sucre ooo...il faut bien manger....Vous avez oubliee les soireee Ivorienne.... c est fou...bien..attention laa!11
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Harry4040: 10:49pm On Apr 23, 2018
thanks a lot bro...are you in Nigeria or in Abidjan ?
Harzontorh:

Just have your

3. Flight fee of course

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Harzontorh: 11:28am On Apr 24, 2018
gamaliel9:

Baguette du pain et pasteries seulement.....c`est la mangee de pauvre type...poison fritte...jus du carrot sans sucre,meme jus d ananas sans sucre ooo...il faut bien manger....Vous avez oubliee les soireee Ivorienne.... c est fou...bien..attention laa!11

Ouais bro, Abidjan est le paradis de nourriture en Afrique. Pain au chocolat, alloco piment, atiékè avec poisson thon en couple avec boisson youki ou-bien les lait caillé. escargot, poulet et les choukouya la nuit. Vraiment, Abidjan is home of Food Mahn!!

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Harzontorh: 11:33am On Apr 24, 2018
Harry4040:
thanks a lot bro...are you in Nigeria or in Abidjan ?

Both lol, I go and come frequently. But currently in Abidjan.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by JWTheocracy1: 5:55pm On Apr 27, 2018
Harry4040:

Air cote d'ivoire is the best bro. That's what I used in my first Arrival... But I will advise you to go through Young Shall grow, you will definitely enjoy the adventure through Benin, Togo, Ghana and the Ivory Coast. You will also save 70% of what you would waste on flight.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by gamaliel9: 10:59am On May 05, 2018
Quelle soiree aurons-nous ce soir...jaaaaaam Rue des Princes on est laaa.....on y va!
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 8:57am On May 12, 2018
Pray for abidjan.

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by obiwigan21(m): 7:12pm On May 12, 2018
ifyalways:
If you can't speak French, are lost or can't seem to connect with your Abidjan contact, find your way to Treichville or Marcory Remblais, that's Naija "welcome to Abidjan" points @ Ngcars.

Remember : Don't do crime and stay safe.

i sent you an email.... pls respond
thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by ifyalways(f): 7:32pm On May 12, 2018
obiwigan21:

i sent you an email.... pls respond
thanks
Mail about what?

I'm open to discussing on nld unless it's business and bringing money into my pocket, else, you can just mention me on a dead thread .
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 10:46pm On May 12, 2018
popizaino:
Pray for abidjan.
Dayum
how did this happen na?
Are the drains blocked?
or it's the lagoon overflowing?
I'm sure Abobo and Youpougon will be in big trouble
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 8:19am On May 13, 2018
Ugosample:

Dayum

how did this happen na?

Are the drains blocked?

water ways were blocked cos of the fake city they are trying to build on the lagoon near plateau.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by peacengine(m): 8:26am On May 13, 2018
Ugosample:

Dayum

how did this happen na?

Are the drains blocked?

"Abidjan is a failed state".

Boss I hail o, if it was Naija, I expect such a statement from u. There's problem everyw in the world

3 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 9:11am On May 13, 2018
peacengine:

"Abidjan is a failed state".

Boss I hail o, if it was Naija, I expect such a statement from u. There's problem everyw in the world

Abidjan is what Lagos plus Abuja will NEVER be.

I lived there.

So don't even go there

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 9:25am On May 13, 2018
popizaino:
water ways were blocked cos of the fake city they are trying to build on the lagoon near plateau.

Oh no!

They have to do something about it
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 10:29am On May 13, 2018
Ugosample:

Abidjan is what Lagos plus Abuja will NEVER be.

I lived there.

So don't even go there

grin grin grin grin
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 10:31am On May 13, 2018
Ugosample:

Oh no!

They have to do something about it
sure .
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 10:47am On May 13, 2018
popizaino:
grin grin grin grin
I'm telling the guy so he knows
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by obiwigan21(m): 1:02pm On May 14, 2018
ifyalways:

Mail about what?

ifyalways: I'm open to discussing on nld unless it's business and bringing money into my pocket, else, you can just mention me on a dead thread .

I am based in Europe with my wife... a white lady and we are planning to go for vacation in Abidjan. I want some little info on the area we can stay and places to visit. we would like to rent an apartment instead of staying in a hotel as it will be a 2 - 3 months vacation. And the primary aim of the Vac is for the sun and the beach!
Wait for your response
Thanks

ifyalways:.... smiley
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by JWTheocracy1: 7:22pm On May 14, 2018
obiwigan21:

I am based in Europe with my wife... a white lady and we are planning to go for vacation in Abidjan. I want some little info on the area we can stay and places to visit. we would like to rent an apartment instead of staying in a hotel as it will be a 2 - 3 months vacation. And the primary aim of the Vac is for the sun and the beach!
Wait for your response
Thanks
I suggest you book through Airbnb. Check zone 4 areas which is mostly occupied by whites and foreigners. Or cocody. You can get a studio with complete house properties at 20k to 50k cfa per night since is a long stay, depending on your choice of comfort. A one bedroom apartment you can get from 30k to even 60k per cfa per night depending on your choice of comfort too. Is more cheaper than hotel's and you will have more comfort staying in such than renting a hotel. I just secured one of my guest yesterday.
Welcome to Abidjan in advance.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by JWTheocracy1: 7:25pm On May 14, 2018
I suggest you book through Airbnb. Check zone 4 areas which is mostly occupied by whites and foreigners. Or cocody. You can get a studio with complete house properties at 20k to 50k cfa per night since is a long stay, depending on your choice of comfort. A one bedroom apartment you can get from 30k to even 60k per cfa per night depending on your choice of comfort too. Is more cheaper than hotel's and you will have more comfort staying in such than renting a hotel. I just secured one of my guest yesterday.
Welcome to Abidjan in advance.
ifyalways:.... smiley[/quote]
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 1:25pm On May 15, 2018
obiwigan21:

Wait for your response
Thanks

For vacation try asinine cos of the beach.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (51) (Reply)

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.