Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? (183737 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? / THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 23, 2016
Did u meet the guy @Steve?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 6:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
heaven4me:
Did u meet the guy @Steve?

No i didnt...i think i will do that tomorrow...was a lil carried away by my short stay in Marcory.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 23, 2016
@shysteve,how is the marcory?Pls upload pix of the various places let's see how the infrastructures look like thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2016
You can also try using the bateaux bus
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 10:11pm On Jul 23, 2016
heaven4me:
@shysteve,how is the marcory?Pls upload pix of the various places let's see how the infrastructures look like thanks

All the pics i posted today are of Marcory...sorry am not really the picture type, even the few i took were on motion....never actually stood still to concentrate on it.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 10:13pm On Jul 23, 2016
Ugosample:
You can also try using the bateaux bus

Bros please do you know any hotel that is not on the high rate side around treichville...something came up so i have to to go back to Accra on monday morning so i will like to move from yopougon tomorrow so i can be closer to the STC station for monday morning take off.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 11:40pm On Jul 23, 2016
shysteve:

Bros please do you know any hotel that is not on the high rate side around treichville...something came up so i have to to go back to Accra on monday morning so i will like to move from yopougon tomorrow so i can be closer to the STC station for monday morning take off.
Honestly, I don't know at all
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by ifyalways(f): 7:26am On Jul 24, 2016
shysteve:
Just got back home...this was all I could get from cap sud and playce.
Naira is damn useless that things are not as cheap here and people think o....the difference is very small or almost the same or in a worst case scenario more expensive here sef.
Please when coming try and go to where Nigerians are so they can help you with taxis and stuffs or else you to hear am like I hear am today o.
I laughed when I read your took a taxi from Adjame to Marcory. Next time use a sotra bus ( before you board,ask for the right one as they have route numbers) or enter cinq cents carte, pronounced "ceng sir cart".
Never use taxi with running meter as a JJC , if you must use taxi,do what we call " arrangemen" whereby you tell the taxi driver where u are going , ask him to switch off his meter and bargain on price.

There's this cheap local hotel on avenue vinght un ie avenue 21 treich and also one at France Amerique. Find your way to quarter appollo and ask around. Quarter appollo is close to trenchville grande marche

8 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Harzontorh: 8:32am On Jul 24, 2016
[quote author=heaven4me post=47825569]@shysteve,how is the marcory?Pls upload pix of the various places let's see how the infrastructures look like thanks[/quote

MARCORY in pictures.

The Last Picture is Subliminal view of Plateaux from The coasts of Treichville.

5 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 24, 2016
ifyalways:

I laughed when I read your took a taxi from Adjacent to Marcory. Next time use a sotra bus ( before you board,ask for the right one as they have route numbers) or enter cinq cents carte, pronounced "ceng sir cart".
Never use taxi with running meter as a JJC , if you must use taxi,do what we call " arrangemen" whereby you tell the taxi driver where u are going , ask him to switch off his meter and bargain on price.

There's this cheap local hotel on avenue vinght un ie avenue 21 treich and also one at France Amerique. Find your way to quarter appollo and ask around. Quarter appollo is close to trenchville grande marche

Hi i sent u a mail... Pls respond. Thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 10:37am On Jul 24, 2016
ifyalways:

I laughed when I read your took a taxi from Adjacent to Marcory. Next time use a sotra bus ( before you board,ask for the right one as they have route numbers) or enter cinq cents carte, pronounced "ceng sir cart".

Ask for the right one when they don't understand anyword you saying...even if the yoruba people there help in getting the bus...how about when I wanna alight at my destination,payment etc.....I decided to save myself the stress of acting deaf and dumb using signs by taking taxi.

There won't be any need for the hotel anymore cos I was at trechville this morning to get my ticket and discovered the departure time is 9am(that means I have enough time to leave my hotel in yopougon in the morning)
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2016
@heaven4me...you too much bro,I have been with your guy for the past 2 hours on koumassi and I have learned a lot from him.

We just finished eating typical naija food now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 24, 2016
@shysteve,did u meet the guy I gave u the number?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 9:09pm On Jul 24, 2016
shysteve I'm happy you enjoyed yourself in Abidjan..
And I bet you love the city now. Safe journey on your way back tomorrow
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by schboy1: 10:14pm On Jul 24, 2016
Je voudrais par octobre, j'espère mon séjour sera aqreable et qenial.

@shysteve, how was the expérience qenerally like

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by enomakos(m): 9:57am On Jul 25, 2016
For those having difficult with french why not download google translate on your phone it may help
you can write down whatever you are saying in french

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 10:33am On Jul 25, 2016
schboy1:
Je voudrais par octobre, j'espère mon séjour sera aqreable et qenial.

@shysteve, how was the expérience qenerally like

The experience generally was good....there was no light off at all,not even for a second....the malls are wonderful,beautiful and magnificent structure

The girls are beautiful and got nice tempting shape(before I forget that their shape can make a first timer mistakenly fall into the lagoon if you no look road well.

Too bad this is the first country I have been to without tasting their....(u know sha)

6 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Bisjosh(f): 6:10pm On Jul 25, 2016
I'm really impressed with the info I'm getting here. Was planning to visit Kenya end of the year but I think would prefer abidjan.

Would like to spend 4 to 5 days there.

Please can I get a tourist guide?

And how much do u think would be sufficient for me as I would love to shop too!
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by schboy3: 10:55pm On Jul 25, 2016
@shysteve, like how much should one be budqetinq let's say for 5-7days visit.
And aqain is there anythinq u miqht wanna share with someone who's also planninq of such trip.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 12:29am On Jul 26, 2016
Its past 11pm here in Accra and i just entered my room now so will update on more information tomorrow....night.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by montanaguy(m): 4:16am On Jul 26, 2016
A Nigerian guy I met on facebook who resides in Abidjan said the cheapest price I will get a room self contain anywhere in Abidjan is 50,000 to 70,000cefa. The thing is discouraging me.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by montanaguy(m): 4:17am On Jul 26, 2016
[quote author=montanaguy post=47891003]A Nigerian guy I met on facebook who resides in Abidjan said the cheapest price I will get a room self contain anywhere in Abidjan is 50,000 to 70,000cefa per month. The thing is discouraging me.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 7:23am On Jul 26, 2016
montanaguy:
A Nigerian guy I met on facebook who resides in Abidjan said the cheapest price I will get a room self contain anywhere in Abidjan is 50,000 to 70,000cefa. The thing is discouraging me.

Bros i said it earlier in one of my post that Abidjan is not as cheap as people think......i went to Igbo community in Kuomassi and Yoruba community in Adjame and i made some enquries from both sides and i must say the story is not what people think at all.

The igbo guy i went to his house in Koumassi stays in a single room with toilet and bath without kitchen and hes's paying 40k cefa per month so when i asked him about the ones with kitchen, he said those ones are with the range 50k-70k cefa month.

3 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 26, 2016
bonjour,

Just my 2cent grin grin

*selfcon/2bedroom goes for about 60 to 80kCFR depending on the location.

*you pay for water and light monthly depending on your usage,this is not Nigeria where you leave your lights on 24hrs shocked shocked,do not try it there or else na Die grin grin

*for a single room/2bedroom with a normal home appliances,you can be paying as low as 500CFR to 5,000kCFR Monthly while water bill 300CFR to 2000CFR. Better still go for a prepaid meter.

*if you want to be using AC/Fridge shocked grin get ready to be paying 20kCFR to 30,000CFR Monthly.

*If you don't have monthly income,please abeg you...DO NOT RELOCATE THERE!!!

JOB
*there is no job there,even if you get one the salary is nothing to write home about.you can be earning as low as 60kCFR Monthly.
*Since you don't understand/speak french the chances of you getting a job Zero...yes Zero...Quote me anywhere grin grin
*But if you are lucky enough you can get a lecturing job in some of their universities (the English Speaking/Private UNi),Pay is like 100 to 150kNaira but you must have completed your MSC.

SECURITY:
*You are 100% Covered,but make sure your papers are complete or else be ready to bribing d police @ every checkpoint Mill Franc(1,000CFR)
*Immediately you moved in to your new apartment please endeavor to change your LOCKS or else your Demachel(Agent might decide to rob you oneday since you are a foreigner) grin grin
*Always lock your windows because some petty thieves may come with a tall ladder or jump thru your fence and rob you.

BUSINES:

There are a lot business opportunities out there if you have the funds,the locals are friendly to the Core.but let me WARN YOU!!!
*The Locals are business oriented but they lack funds once they know you've got the cash they will use you as a stepping stone and there is nothing you going to do about it.
*Never ever venture to do a joint business with the locals cause at the long run,you might get scammed.
*Inquire,Inquire,Inquire and follow your instinct smiley
*JUJU IS REAL IN AFRICA!

MEN....GOD BLESS NIGERIA wink

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by montanaguy(m): 9:28am On Jul 26, 2016
wailing:
bonjour,

Just my 2cent grin grin

*you pay for water and light monthly depending on your usage,this is not Nigeria where you leave your lights on 24hrs shocked shocked,do not try it there or else na Die grin grin

*for a single room/2bedroom with a normal home appliances,you can be paying as low as 500CFR to 5,000kCFR Monthly while water bill 300CFR to 2000CFR. Better still go for a prepaid meter.

*if you want to be using AC/Fridge shocked grin get ready to be paying 20kCFR to 30,000CFR Monthly.

JOB
*there is no job there,even if you get one the salary is nothing to write home about.you can be earning as low as 60kCFR Monthly.
*Since you don't understand/speak french the chances of you getting a job Zero...yes Zero...Quote me anywhere grin grin
*But if you are lucky enough you can get a lecturing job in some of their universities (the English Speaking/Private UNi),Pay is like 100 to 150kNaira but you must have completed your MSC.

SECURITY:
*You are 100% Covered,but make sure your papers are complete or else be ready to bribing d police @ every checkpoint Mill Franc(1,000CFR)
*Immediately you moved in to your new apartment please endeavor to change your LOCKS or else your Demachel(Agent might decide to rob you oneday since you are a foreigner) grin grin
*Always lock your windows because some petty thieves may come with a tall ladder or jump thru your fence and rob you.

BUSINES:

There are a lot business opportunities out there if you have the funds,the locals are friendly to the Core.but let me WARN YOU!!!
*The Locals are business oriented but they lack funds once they know you've got the cash they will use you as a stepping stone and there is nothing you going to do about it.
*Never ever venture to do a joint business with the locals cause at the long run,you might get scammed.
*JUJU IS REAL IN AFRICA!

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by montanaguy(m): 9:37am On Jul 26, 2016
I am relieved now. So I can get a room of 3k cefa in the places you just mentioned? How many months initial deposit? 50k naira is equivalent to how much in cefa? If someone that is earning such amount monthly with a wife and two little kids, can he survive on that? I mean surviving on it until he gets something doing like business.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 26, 2016
wailing:
bonjour,

Just my 2cent grin grin

JOB

SECURITY:

BUSINES:

*JUJU IS REAL IN AFRICA!

Wow my guy, it appears you live dere to have known so much about this place o... However from your write up u sounded so confident of your knowledge about the place.

Pls are u saying derw are no jobs at all in ivory coast dat a new comer can do to survive?

Secondly d issue of accommodation dere, dont dey take a year rent down?

And wish area get cheap accommodation rate pls...

Lastly what kinda biz in ur own view can thrive well here....

Await your favorable response.

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 26, 2016
shysteve:

Please i intend spending 2 weeks in abidjan and will like to know how much can hold me for that 2 weeks....am an average spender(dont drink,dont smoke, dont party)..am a movie addict so cinema is the major thing for me.

Do you think 200k naira can hold me for 2 weeks?
b

I am sorry I am gonna be all up in your business @shysteve
....I get it that you may be a movie addict, but I beg you in the name of all that is good and cool,
..when you travel.....explore....explore....explore....the streets, villages (look for a wedding) ...make friends with the average person you meet
Do not hole up watching movies...that is not living, that is not travelling

Maybe after living the average life of the city you are in, you can watch a movie (if you must lipsrsealed) at night
Actaully having a few drinks with locals during your stay is a laudable idea. Better than cinemas IMO

I actually wish I could persuade you to see this, or even forcebeat you to agree with me cheesy lipsrsealed
True
Why travel if you wanna get lost in the movie world? Hm! Travel makes you live in the places you visit. Please do not miss out on living darling
Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 26, 2016
idera1:

thanks for the quick response. please if I may ask, what tourist centers can we visit in Cotonou?
o

Congrats darling
....beaches and the countryside (village) are romantic in my opinion
..then nice dining and maybe some clubbing
Dont waste your holiday/ honeymoon in shops haggling
I know you may have to buy tiny presents and souvenirs of your trip but that should be it

This holds for either Benin or Togo
Have a memorable honeymoon
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 11:03am On Jul 26, 2016
merahki:
b

I am sorry I am gonna be all up in your business @shysteve
....I get it that you may be a movie addict, but I beg you in the name of all that is good and cool,
..when you travel.....explore....explore....explore....the streets, villages (look for a wedding) ...make friends with the average person you meet
Do not hole up watching movies...that is not living, that is not travelling

Maybe after living the average life of the city you are in, you can watch a movie (if you must lipsrsealed) at night
Actaully having a few drinks with locals during your stay is a laudable idea. Better than cinemas IMO

I actually wish I could persuade you to see this, or even forcebeat you to agree with me cheesy lipsrsealed
True
Why travel if you wanna get lost in the movie world? Hm! Travel makes you live in the places you visit. Please do not miss out on living darling
Cheers

Tanks for the input....funny enough I didn't even step into any cinema while I was there....yes I visited places like Marcory, koumassi, adjame,trechville and I stayed in an hotel in yopougon through my stay.

I walked around a lot and I must say its so much fun,beautiful, friendly and very very lively especially in yopougon as there is always something to keep you fun filled in the region.

I had to come back to Accra last night due to some unexpected business matters.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 11:06am On Jul 26, 2016
montanaguy:
I am relieved now. So I can get a room of 3k cefa in the places you just mentioned? How many months initial deposit? 50k naira is equivalent to how much in cefa? If someone that is earning such amount monthly with a wife and two little kids, can he survive on that? I mean surviving on it until he gets something doing like business.

Bros where you see 3k cefa room?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 26, 2016
shysteve:
Abeg make una pray make I no lost o,I planned on using a taxi for my tour today but I heard a bus shouting adjame and without thinking I jumped right into it.

Am hoping it will take me to the last stop and probably I might meet a Yoruba person as my oga said earlier.

cheesy
This cracked me up
Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay
You will look back on this trip with fondness and will be glad you were adventurous
I envy you

Mine would be worse....I am super unadventurous with food
Would probably eat only bread, rice, meat, ice cream/cake, fries and fruits...and coke
But the good thing about my food issue is that I do not add holiday weight
Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (51) (Reply)

8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.