Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,461 members, 7,801,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? (183452 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? / THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 26, 2016
shysteve:

Tanks for the input....funny enough I didn't even step into any cinema while I was there....yes I visited places like Marcory, koumassi, adjame,trechville and I stayed in an hotel in yopougon through my stay.

I walked around a lot and I must say its so much fun,beautiful, friendly and very very lively especially in yopougon as there is always something to keep you fun filled in the region.

I had to come back to Accra last night due to some unexpected business matters.

Now you are talking! cheesy
I am happy
....like we say, welcome
Happy you had fun
That yougoupon sounds like youngpeoples' land...apt name....
Cheers
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by buskopam(m): 11:43am On Jul 26, 2016
Hi fellow Nairalanders,pls can someone help me out. I have a savings of 1.m and wished to leave Nigeria for another African country to start up a business. but does not know any place to go that would be favourable. Pls I will be grateful if someone can help me out. Pls no advice is a waste.
it is not restricted to only African countries

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 1:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
It would soon be time for my summer tour, and I am so excited.....
Because there is this excitement I get each time I am in that city.... Can't really explain it
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by IshiaguGuy: 11:26am On Jul 27, 2016
i like this thread...

i visited that country about 2 months ago and i must tell you... that country sweet die...

they girls na die ( with both back and front weapon ) that will make any man think twice... grin grin grin

they girls are very very easily to mingle and the rest if you understand what i mean... unlike this our naija girls that are stingy with their toto and always forming big for nothing...

the type of girls i dated there within my short stay there... im 100% sure if it was in Nigeria i must show them my car or my father is either a senator or governor.. infact president

i have been to the happening places there in that city and i must tell you... you will enjoy it as a young man...

but if you are married...abeg wife no let your husband go there alone or else.. you know the rest grin grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by kinz17: 5:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
Please nairalander how can I travel to this country from Nigeria and with what document will I have with me before I can have my way there to ivory coast? I really wish to visit the country by next week maybe I will find it interesting doing business there after the traveling . ...waiting for response please
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by obalukan: 7:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
kinz17:
Please nairalander how can I travel to this country from Nigeria and with what document will I have with me before I can have my way there to ivory coast? I really wish to visit the country by next week maybe I will find it interesting doing business there after the traveling . ...waiting for response please
read the post from first page to understand more.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by kinz17: 12:25am On Jul 28, 2016
obalukan:
read the post from first page to understand more.
Thanks@obalukan
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by IshiaguGuy: 10:26am On Jul 28, 2016
kinz17:

young shall grow motors go there direct from lagos to abidjan.. fare is arround 22k to 25k depend shaa

you should have any identification proof (i.e international passport, voter's card, driver's license)

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 28, 2016
Please i need a clarifications on this Abidjan, Ivory coast issue o..... As much as i like the country was made to know dat French is d only language d locals understand.

Again job there as i learnt isn't that visible cos of language barrier.

My question then is are there no English speaking Jobs and residents at all there? If there is pls where are dey located?
What if i decided to do a biz, how do i relate with d typically French ridden pple?

Can half a million start a little biz dere which my wife and i can do tentatively till i get a job and den hand over d biz to my wife?

Pls i need a candid advice pple as i keep thinking of both d positive and Negative sides to my decision on wanting to relocate there....
NB... Learnt light and water with good roads dey....

Accommodation too is another issue as dey keep asking for per day/per month rent... Abeg o... Help o.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by becausehe(m): 11:33am On Jul 28, 2016
please house help me am a professional photographer and am planning on relocating to abidjan please will photography businessman move
there
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by IshiaguGuy: 11:36am On Jul 28, 2016
becausehe:
please house help me am a professional photographer and am planning on relocating to abidjan please will photography businessman move
there

i think ... NO
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by becausehe(m): 11:42am On Jul 28, 2016
my wife studied French and German she is also planing on relocating to abidjan will these help her get job
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by becausehe(m): 11:48am On Jul 28, 2016
please will wedding photo graphy or commercial photography buisness move in abidjan like lagos?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by becausehe(m): 11:52am On Jul 28, 2016
IshiaguGuy:

young shall grow motors go there direct from lagos to abidjan.. fare is arround 22k to 25k depend shaa

you should have any identification proof (i.e international passport, voter's card, driver's license)
I never knew there is direct bus from lag to Abidjan please were is there park and is this a cuurent information?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by becausehe(m): 11:54am On Jul 28, 2016
becausehe:
I never knew there is direct bus from lag to Abidjan please were is there park and is this a cuurent information?
please how much is naira to cefa black market price today thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by IshiaguGuy: 12:01pm On Jul 28, 2016
Folafikemi:
Please i need a clarifications on this Abidjan, Ivory coast issue o..... As much as i like the country was made to know dat French is d only language d locals understand.

Again job there as i learnt isn't that visible cos of language barrier.

My question then is are there no English speaking Jobs and residents at all there? If there is pls where are dey located?
What if i decided to do a biz, how do i relate with d typically French ridden pple?

Can half a million start a little biz dere which my wife and i can do tentatively till i get a job and den hand over d biz to my wife?

Pls i need a candid advice pple as i keep thinking of both d positive and Negative sides to my decision on wanting to relocate there....
NB... Learnt light and water with good roads dey....

Accommodation too is another issue as dey keep asking for per day/per month rent... Abeg o... Help o.

You need to go there by yourself and check things...
but the biz that i find out when i was there that was moving fine are

1. Hotel Biz (the best biz there 24/7)
2. Bar
3. Salon

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by IshiaguGuy: 12:05pm On Jul 28, 2016
becausehe:

Young Shall Grow Maza-Maza but they travel only on Tuesday and Friday

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by jojokings: 12:06pm On Jul 28, 2016
Am very much impressed with this tread, if u follow it from the beginning u will learn a lot more. My own question is that, if one decides to settle down with there women, is there any attached advantage to that in terms of documentation. An apart from abijian which other city in Africa is best for hustling epecially with English as a lingual franca?

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by skylane: 3:58pm On Jul 28, 2016
Please I wud love it for someone to help me with this info

If I go to abidjan wud I be able to get jobs in hotels/bar/club cos am a hotellier and how fast can one get it as soon as I arrive,planning on relocatin there
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 8:20pm On Jul 28, 2016
jojokings:
Am very much impressed with this tread, if u follow it from the beginning u will learn a lot more. My own question is that, if one decides to settle down with there women, is there any attached advantage to that in terms of documentation. An apart from abijian which other city in Africa is best for hustling epecially with English as a lingual franca?

You need not marry a woman to get documentation

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 02, 2016
Any one in the house can pls help me out in terms of accommodation in Abidjan. I am almost lost for words here on dere daily rent.

I want a monthly rent around adjame and cheap ones pls... Any NL dere can contact me. Pls...

Any good information will be highly appreciated...
Thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by montanaguy(m): 8:11pm On Aug 02, 2016
Accommodation thing is putting me off as some people said I won't get a room self contain anywhere in Abidjan less than 25k in naira per month. I asked what about the one of 10k in naira per month, they said no way that I am not yet ready to live in Abidjan.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by PAO429: 7:20am On Aug 03, 2016
pls can someone pls put a finishing touch on this accomodation matter...how much can one buget on house rent be it oneroom,selfcontain or twobedroom
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 7:35am On Aug 03, 2016
PAO429:
pls can someone pls put a finishing touch on this accomodation matter...how much can one buget on house rent be it oneroom,selfcontain or twobedroom

I actually stayed in Yopougon 3 weeks ago but i visited Koumassi where some igbo people stay and i made some enquiries...a single room self contain my friend stays is 40k cfa (about 25k naira) a month but it has no kitchen(just the room,toilet/bath)........the ones with kitchen cost 50k-70k cfa a month and due to the naira crash, that is about 30k naira or so a month.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by shysteve(m): 7:35am On Aug 03, 2016
montanaguy:
Accommodation thing is putting me off as some people said I won't get a room self contain anywhere in Abidjan less than 25k in naira per month. I asked what about the one of 10k in naira per month, they said no way that I am not yet ready to live in Abidjan.

I actually stayed in Yopougon 3 weeks ago but i visited Koumassi where some igbo people stay and i made some enquiries...a single room self contain my friend stays is 40k cfa (about 25k naira) a month but it has no kitchen(just the room,toilet/bath)........the ones with kitchen cost 50k-70k cfa a month and due to the naira crash, that is about 30k naira or so a month.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 03, 2016
@shysteve

Pls could u pps help get in touch with those ur guys to help make inquiry about monthly rent of a room and parlour or a room self contained with a decent price and area abeg. Make person no go crash for here oooo... Lol
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by jojokings: 10:29am On Aug 05, 2016
U mean they don't have affordable houses less than 15j naira per month over there in Abidjan.

Its quite expensive to survive
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 3:20am On Aug 08, 2016
Harzontorh:

The Officiak Exchange rate is currently 2.08
So 46,000 Nigeria Naira = 96,027 CFA Franc.

before it used to be @ d exchange rate of 3.1 now naira has fallen.

So, having almost a 100,00 cfa in a city like abidjan to spend with a family on monthly basis might be quite challenging, depending on your lifestyle. If you are living in a rich neighborhood like (cocody, 2 plateau, Marcory zone 4), then i can tell you half of that money would go for acomodation. but if its a middle-class area or average standard, like (yopougon, treichville, angré, koumassi ) then you will enjoy and even have more saves. so the trick is to get less accommodation budget plan. And cruise the city and start a cool fresh french life. Abidjan is the capital of Hospitality in Africa so you will never lack.
spot on but angre is not a middle class area.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 3:33am On Aug 08, 2016
oyek691:
@ayabahiper. I think your business will survive very well over here if you locate your shop to places like adjame( this is where i am living). And i will like it if you do your business on a very large scale, because they like big shops over here. God help you
where in adjame? Like to meet a fellow nairalander.I stay in St Michel temidire adjame
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 3:38am On Aug 08, 2016
Folafikemi:
Pls house does any one have an idea where i can bus going to ivory coast from lagos and how much it cost plus how many days it will take by road cos am cutting cost been d first time.

Thanks
bully orelope transport leaves ejigbo to abidjan every Sundays so you can as well book through their booking office in ejigbo and you are picked at sango ota since they ply idi-iroko not seme and ticket fee isn't has high as that.08077586461for booking tickets.it's leaves on Sunday but get there on Tuesday due to the fact that abidjan is usually closed 10pm everyday.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 3:58am On Aug 08, 2016
shysteve:

Bro.....we got to the bus station in Abidjan around 6:30pm and I took a taxi to youpogon,mehn it took me almost an hour to get there from the bus station in trechville and I finally got a very nice hotel for 12k cefa per night.....Abidjan is a real beauty but the only problem is the language issue....it's so terrible that you will hardly come across someone that understands it....tank God for the lady that helped me talk to a taxi man but even after that I faced hell when I got to the hotel....at a point they had to go and look for someone who understood lil English before I was able to get a room.....I bought some spicy meat for 2kcfa and big bottle water for 500 cefa outside the hotel.......I doubt if I can stay for the budgeted 2 weeks dos of this language issue....meat seller, water seller, hotelier etc no understand nada for English but all in all.. It's a beautiful with some lovely,attractive buildings.....what about the very long beach....will give account tomorrow when I setup my laptop.
get a Google translator on your phone and it will assist you a bit.that what I do here if I don't go out and it's been fine.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by oyek691: 8:24am On Aug 08, 2016
popizaino:
where in adjame? Like to meet a fellow nairalander.I stay in St Michel temidire adjame
Adjame mosque. This is my number 56836803

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (51) (Reply)

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.