Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,487 members, 7,781,459 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:47 PM

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? (182557 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? / THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 10:18pm On Aug 08, 2016
Good day to you all o
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by jojokings: 10:38am On Aug 09, 2016
Bully orelope or so charges 17k naira from ejigbo to abijian, if Ur in Lagos they will pick u up at winners chapel idiriko road. U can pay into there account. For details call 08077586461

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by ngcars(m): 2:14pm On Aug 09, 2016
Kindly post any details you know of any transport company here.Nobody will pay into an account of unknown company.

You can share the website of your transportation company for all to see and make enquiry.
jojokings:
Bully orelope or so charges 17k naira from ejigbo to abijian, if Ur in Lagos they will pick u up at winners chapel idiriko road. U can pay into there account. For details call 08077586461

4 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by justhelp(m): 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2016
jojokings:
good day bro, I have teaching certificate and I have teaching experience in both pry and secondary school, is their any opportunity for me as a teacher over there ? may be in english private school.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by justhelp(m): 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2016
wailing:
bonjour,

Just my 2cent grin grin

*selfcon/2bedroom goes for about 60 to 80kCFR depending on the location.

*you pay for water and light monthly depending on your usage,this is not Nigeria where you leave your lights on 24hrs shocked shocked,do not try it there or else na Die grin grin

*for a single room/2bedroom with a normal home appliances,you can be paying as low as 500CFR to 5,000kCFR Monthly while water bill 300CFR to 2000CFR. Better still go for a prepaid meter.

*if you want to be using AC/Fridge shocked grin get ready to be paying 20kCFR to 30,000CFR Monthly.

*If you don't have monthly income,please abeg you...DO NOT RELOCATE THERE!!!

JOB
*there is no job there,even if you get one the salary is nothing to write home about.you can be earning as low as 60kCFR Monthly.
*Since you don't understand/speak french the chances of you getting a job Zero...yes Zero...Quote me anywhere grin grin
*But if you are lucky enough you can get a lecturing job in some of their universities (the English Speaking/Private UNi),Pay is like 100 to 150kNaira but you must have completed your MSC.

SECURITY:
*You are 100% Covered,but make sure your papers are complete or else be ready to bribing d police @ every checkpoint Mill Franc(1,000CFR)
*Immediately you moved in to your new apartment please endeavor to change your LOCKS or else your Demachel(Agent might decide to rob you oneday since you are a foreigner) grin grin
*Always lock your windows because some petty thieves may come with a tall ladder or jump thru your fence and rob you.

BUSINES:

There are a lot business opportunities out there if you have the funds,the locals are friendly to the Core.but let me WARN YOU!!!
*The Locals are business oriented but they lack funds once they know you've got the cash they will use you as a stepping stone and there is nothing you going to do about it.
*Never ever venture to do a joint business with the locals cause at the long run,you might get scammed.
*Inquire,Inquire,Inquire and follow your instinct smiley
*JUJU IS REAL IN AFRICA!

MEN....GOD BLESS NIGERIA wink

thanks for this info,I have teaching certificate, can I get a teaching jobs either pry or secondary school at any private eng. School there ?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 10, 2016
Hello my good people pls who has an idea of xchange rate of naira to cfa i mean the current denominations pls.....

Await your favorable response.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by laoteck: 8:56pm On Aug 10, 2016
bully orelope transport leaves ejigbo to abidjan every Sundays so you can as well book through their booking office in ejigbo and you are picked at sango ota since they ply idi-iroko not seme and ticket fee isn't has high as that call for booking tickets.08023413190. it's leaves on Sunday but get there on Tuesday due to the fact that abidjan is usually closed 10pm everyday.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by jojokings: 8:05am On Aug 11, 2016
justhelp:
thanks for this info,I have teaching certificate, can I get a teaching jobs either pry or secondary school at any private eng. School there ?

No job over there for an English man
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by jojokings: 8:13am On Aug 11, 2016
laoteck:
bully orelope transport leaves ejigbo to abidjan every Sundays so you can as well book through their booking office in ejigbo and you are picked at sango ota since they ply idi-iroko not seme and ticket fee isn't has high as that call for booking tickets.08023413190. it's leaves on Sunday but get there on Tuesday due to the fact that abidjan is usually closed 10pm everyday.

This bully or elope transport don't they have company acct, rather one Mr sanni is asking me to pay into his personal access bank acct,

Pls is it advisable to do that, the acct name is salawu basiri with acct number 0053861793.

Pls I need advise

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 11, 2016
jojokings:

What do u mean no job for English man over dere?

Must u discourage pple by ur pessimism?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by justhelp(m): 2:40pm On Aug 11, 2016
jojokings:

are you in that country ?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2016
wailing:
bonjour,

Just my 2cent grin grin

*selfcon/2bedroom goes for about 60 to 80kCFR depending on the location.

*you pay for water and light monthly depending on your usage,this is not Nigeria where you leave your lights on 24hrs shocked shocked,do not try it there or else na Die grin grin

*for a single room/2bedroom with a normal home appliances,you can be paying as low as 500CFR to 5,000kCFR Monthly while water bill 300CFR to 2000CFR. Better still go for a prepaid meter.

*if you want to be using AC/Fridge shocked grin get ready to be paying 20kCFR to 30,000CFR Monthly.

*If you don't have monthly income,please abeg you...DO NOT RELOCATE THERE!!!

JOB
*there is no job there,even if you get one the salary is nothing to write home about.you can be earning as low as 60kCFR Monthly.
*Since you don't understand/speak french the chances of you getting a job Zero...yes Zero...Quote me anywhere grin grin
*But if you are lucky enough you can get a lecturing job in some of their universities (the English Speaking/Private UNi),Pay is like 100 to 150kNaira but you must have completed your MSC.

SECURITY:
*You are 100% Covered,but make sure your papers are complete or else be ready to bribing d police @ every checkpoint Mill Franc(1,000CFR)
*Immediately you moved in to your new apartment please endeavor to change your LOCKS or else your Demachel(Agent might decide to rob you oneday since you are a foreigner) grin grin
*Always lock your windows because some petty thieves may come with a tall ladder or jump thru your fence and rob you.

BUSINES:

There are a lot business opportunities out there if you have the funds,the locals are friendly to the Core.but let me WARN YOU!!!
*The Locals are business oriented but they lack funds once they know you've got the cash they will use you as a stepping stone and there is nothing you going to do about it.
*Never ever venture to do a joint business with the locals cause at the long run,you might get scammed.
*Inquire,Inquire,Inquire and follow your instinct smiley
*JUJU IS REAL IN AFRICA!

MEN....GOD BLESS NIGERIA wink

Lol @Juju is real.
Are you a victim?

But your opinion is on point.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by justhelp(m): 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2016
jojokings:

This bully or elope transport don't they have company acct, rather one Mr sanni is asking me to pay into his personal access bank acct,

Pls is it advisable to do that, the acct name is salawu basiri with acct number 0053861793.

Pls I need advise
you just come here post rubbish for pp, so you are not there and you are telling me no job for english man. Your case is sorry
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by kingofthejungle(m): 12:26pm On Aug 14, 2016

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by schboy3: 8:10am On Aug 15, 2016
@justhelp
It's very very simple, why don't u do what they call 'testinq the water'.
Visit the country first, then u can décidé for urself, instead of all dis....

Buh u self reason am wella, tu ne pas comprendre français, how u wan do am
Tu ne écrit pas, tu ne pas parler.
undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by jojokings: 9:20am On Aug 15, 2016
Justhelp no need of much arguement if u have been following the tread u should already knw what possible chance left for someone seeking employment without speaking Englist but if u want to try, I will also like u to go there so that so that u can tell us how u did it, so we can learn also
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 8:23pm On Aug 15, 2016
I'll like to advice my brothers here to look before leaping.
Emigration to a new country shouldn't be judged based on how serene a place looks alone.
Other things should be put into consideration

God bless us all
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 8:27pm On Aug 15, 2016
schboy3:
@justhelp
It's very very simple, why don't u do what they call 'testinq the water'.
Visit the country first, then u can décidé for urself, instead of all dis....

Buh u self reason am wella, tu ne pas comprendre français, how u wan do am
Tu ne écrit pas, tu ne pas parler.
undecided undecided

C'est très amuse, mdr
Si quelqu'un ne peux pas parler Français couramment, Il sera très difficile à habiter ici en Côte d'Ivoire.

Mais les Nigèrians ne veut pas ecouter.
Ils pensent que les autres pays sauf Nigeria sont plus mieux cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by schboy3: 11:49pm On Aug 15, 2016
Ugosample:

C'est très amuse, mdr
Si quelqu'un ne peux pas parler Français couramment, Il sera très difficile à habiter ici en Côte d'Ivoire.

Il est juste drôle.
Mais il peut tenter sa chance. C'est possible.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 12:16am On Aug 16, 2016
schboy3:

Il est juste drôle. Mais il peut tenter sa chance. C'est possible.
Mais C'est très grave et dangereaux
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 16, 2016
Ugosample:

C'est très amuse, mdr

Comment avez-vous été il survivre? Êtes-vous né français? Bien sûr, vous avez appris à. Arrêtez de décourager les gens.

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 8:39am On Aug 16, 2016
Folafikemi:

Comment avez-vous été il survivre? Êtes-vous né français? Bien sûr, vous avez appris à. Arrêtez de décourager les gens.
Non. C'est pas ça.
Je dois dire la vérité.
C'est difficile à habiter ici sans parler Français, parce que C'est pays Francophone, et en quelque pays dans l'Afrique, il y a chômage très mal.

BTW, ton Français C'est un peu amuse, mais C'est pas mal.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Christie171(f): 10:06am On Aug 16, 2016
oyek691:
I am very happy with you guys thinking of coming over to abidjan, i just finished schooling in my university in bassam, so am transfering to the U.S this august i mean to complete my studies in minnesota.
So if you are interested in coming to abj or anywhere in abj , be my guest.
I'm very much interested... already taking an online simple translation course on French. I'd like to be your guest.... pls reach me on christiiechrist@gmail.com
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 16, 2016
Ugosample:

Non. C'est pas ça.
Je dois dire la vérité.
C'est difficile à habiter ici sans parler Français, parce que C'est pays Francophone, et en quelque pays dans l'Afrique, il y a chômage très mal.

BTW, ton Français C'est un peu amuse, mais C'est pas mal.

Lol, je viens d'essayer le petit je peux parler. Pas un locuteur natif ... Btw vous avez mentionné le taux de chômage y sont vous actuellement résidant là-bas? Comment pouvez-vous être d'une aide aux personnes qui ont l'intention d'y vivre ou tout pays anglophone d'Afrique?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 16, 2016
oyek691:
I am very happy with you guys thinking of coming over to abidjan, i just finished schooling in my university in bassam, so am transfering to the U.S this august i mean to complete my studies in minnesota.
So if you are interested in coming to abj or anywhere in abj , be my guest.

Good bro.
You should be a viable point of contact towards numerous questions about life and living in Côte d'Ivoire.

Pls bro how is it like getting a job dere or running biz there. Thanks

NB, pls shed some light too on accommodation issue especially in grand bassam where u just finish ur school. Amount per month or year and wat to expect and wat not... Await your favorable response
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Christie171(f): 10:36am On Aug 16, 2016
vocalprince:

My dear please I really need help o!!!
I studied a paramedical course and have up to 2years working experience in Laboratory services plus close to one year Sales experience in a pharmaceutical company.
I am also into beauty and I do; Pedicure, manicure, nails (both local and gel polish), hair, eye lashes and carving of eyebrows plus massage.
I just want to leave Nigeria in the next couple of months,...
1). How much do I need
2). What are my chances of securing a job or using my skill
3). Who do I trust to help me blend into the system?

God Bless U.
whoa! I've worked as a lab technician and also into beauty/hair making.... I'm tired of Nigeria, thinking if seeing life in Abidjan.. maybe we could team up.... christiiechrist@gmail.com
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Christie171(f): 12:40pm On Aug 16, 2016
Harzontorh:

No, Abidjan is not a strange land. The Language is not everything.. you are just being afraid. .. Go to Cocody.. large international community expats live there . (americans, English men, brazilians, mexicans and other Europeans live there) tgey speak English. . like wise Zone 4 area at marcory pkenty foreigners.. Engkish schools, English hotels, english environment.

However go to adjame or same Marcory and speak pidgin. . you will definitely find many Igbo people of Nigeria over there.. or simply go to koumassi and tell the taxi man you are going to "QUATIER IGBO" or "QUATIER IGBOLAI" .Igbo men are all over around they own shoe shops and clothings..

Moreover, Adjame is for the Yorubas..just ask for 'SAINT MICHELLE AT ADJAME " you will find thousands of yoruba people. . or find my yoruba family at Treichville ask for "habitat '.. Language plenty here baje. not only french.

SO LANGUAGE IS NOT A PROBLEM! !
pls, I'd like to connect with you cos I'm thinking of coming to Abidjan by next month... christiiechrist@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 16, 2016
Christie171:
pls, I'd like to connect with you cos I'm thinking of coming to Abidjan by next month... christiiechrist@gmail.com

@christie,
The owner of that post u quoted "harzontor" has been off the grids for a while now... Pls let me know wen you wanna move down, we might for a team
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Aringarosa(m): 3:48am On Aug 17, 2016
For those of you seeking to migrate to the Ivory Coast for job purposes, listen carefully : It will be very difficult to get a job in Abidjan without understanding the official language which is French, Ivory Coast is not a developed country like Europe or America, it is an emerging economy just like you have in Nigeria, the only difference is that their politicians are less corrupt compared to what we have in Nigeria, they utilize their resources judiciously to run their country and by so doing, they have better Infrastructures, basic amenities like water, electricity, good roads, transportation are first class, it's nothing compare to what we have in Nigeria. Security is almost water tight, you will not see or hear of rampant robbery or kiddapping, for the exception of petty thieves and of recent the dreaded (microb) small bandit that seems to terrorise certain areas such as abobo and yopougon, but the security apparatus of the state are slowly but surely putting them out of business.

If you want to migrate for business purposes, that is to start a small scale to medium scale business, be prepared with your capital, depending on what you want to venture into, but you must come prepared. There are a lot of profitable business one can venture into if you are the type that is resilent and a risk taker.

Concerning accommodation, it depends on the area you want to live. Just like in any country of the world, the highbrow areas are expensive and middle and low class areas are less expensive. Example of highbrow area - under the Cocody commune, you have Riviera, Deux-plateau, Angre, Attoban, etc, these areas are expensive to live compare to areas like Yopougon, Abobo, Adjame, koumassi, Port-bouet. There are other cheaper areas if you are the type that prefers living in the outskirts of the city, places like Grand-Bassam and Bingerville are much much cheaper and aren't far from the urban areas.

If you are the type that is looking to import things from the Ivory Coast to Nigeria, I will advise you to seek knowledge from those Ejigbo women either in Nigeria or in Abidjan, these are the people who will tell you exactly what you can import from abidjan to Nigeria, because most of them where born in Ivory Coast, they know the intricacies of such business more than anyone else.

If you are into teaching of the English language, you might probably get a job, because they have a lot of expatriate community in Abidjan and most of these expatriate children attend English schools and as such a whole lot of English schools are springing up daily, most are seeking for English teachers and basic computer teachers to fill in, in their schools.

Food is about the most cheapest thing in the Ivory Coast, and they have Nigeria restaurants here too, run by Nigerians mostly Yoruba and Igbo women. They also sell Nigeria food stuffs in markets like Adjame and triechville. These are areas guys that willing to do business can look into, importing Nigerian food stuffs to sell here, cuz we have a lot of Nigerian communities here.

There are different category of Nigerians living here in the Ivory Coast, the expatriate Nigerians - these are the Nigerians that work with the African Development Bank (ADB), Embassies, Red Cross, Caritas, USaid, etc. Then you have the big to medium investors who are into industries, hotels, entertainment, motor parts, etc. Finally, you have the petty traders who are into electronics, used cloth/Shoes/bags/ business. Depending on whom you meet among these group, they will tell a different story about the country base on the level they operate.

All in all, before you migrate to a country where you know nobody or speak the language you have to come prepared, if you don't want to be stranded or have regret, this is not to discourage anybody who wants to come and try his or her luck. After all, when I left Nigeria to Ivory Coast for the first time, i could barely understand French, but today the story is different....

As for me, the Ivory Coast is my adopted home. I have travelled to a whole lot of country in Africa and Europe, but this is the only country i enjoyed living and doing business. Everything works here, if you have a good job or business, you will enjoy living in the Côte d'Ivoire - My personal opinion.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by montanaguy(m): 6:23am On Aug 17, 2016
Aringarosa:
For those of you seeking to migrate to the Ivory Coast for job purposes, listen carefully : It will be very difficult to get a job in Abidjan without understanding the official language which is French, Ivory Coast is not a developed country like Europe or America, it is an emerging economy just like you have in Nigeria, the only difference is that their politicians are less corrupt compared to what we have in Nigeria, they utilize their resources judiciously to run their country and by so doing, they have better Infrastructures, basic amenities like water, electricity, good roads, transportation are first class, it's nothing compare to what we have in Nigeria. Security is almost water tight, you will not see or hear of rampant robbery or kiddapping, for the exception of petty thieves and of recent the dreaded (microb) small bandit that seems to terrorise certain areas such as abobo and yopougon, but the security apparatus of the state are slowly but surely putting them out of business.

If you want to migrate for business purposes, that is to start a small scale to medium scale business, be prepared with your capital, depending on what you want to venture into, but you must come prepared. There are a lot of profitable business one can venture into if you are the type that is resilent and a risk taker.

Concerning accommodation, it depends on the area you want to live. Just like in any country of the world, the highbrow areas are expensive and middle and low class areas are less expensive. Example of highbrow area - under the Cocody commune, you have Riviera, Deux-plateau, Angre, Attoban, etc, these areas are expensive to live compare to areas like Yopougon, Abobo, Adjame, koumassi, Port-bouet. There are other cheaper areas if you are the type that prefers living in the outskirts of the city, places like Grand-Bassam and Bingerville are much much cheaper and aren't far from the urban areas.

If you are the type that is looking to import things from the Ivory Coast to Nigeria, I will advise you to seek knowledge from those Ejigbo women either in Nigeria or in Abidjan, these are the people who will tell you exactly what you can import from abidjan to Nigeria, because most of them where born in Ivory Coast, they know the intricacies of such business more than anyone else.

If you are into teaching of the English language, you might probably get a job, because they have a lot of expatriate community in Abidjan and most of these expatriate children attend English schools and as such a whole lot of English schools are springing up daily, most are seeking for English teachers and basic computer teachers to fill in, in their schools.

Food is about the most cheapest thing in the Ivory Coast, and they have Nigeria restaurants here too, run by Nigerians mostly Yoruba and Igbo women. They also sell Nigeria food stuffs in markets like Adjame and triechville. These are areas guys that willing to do business can look into, importing Nigerian food stuffs to sell here, cuz we have a lot of Nigerian communities here.

There are different category of Nigerians living here in the Ivory Coast, the expatriate Nigerians - these are the Nigerians that work with the African Development Bank (ADB), Embassies, Red Cross, Caritas, USaid, etc. Then you have the big to medium investors who are into industries, hotels, entertainment, motor parts, etc. Finally, you have the petty traders who are into electronics, used cloth/Shoes/bags/ business. Depending on whom you meet among these group, they will tell a different story about the country base on the level they operate.

All in all, before you migrate to a country where you know nobody or speak the language you have to come prepared, if you don't want to be stranded or have regret, this is not to discourage anybody who wants to come and try his or her luck. After all, when I left Nigeria to Ivory Coast for the first time, i could barely understand French, but today the story is different....

As for me, the Ivory Coast is my adopted home. I have travelled to a whole lot of country in Africa and Europe, but this is the only country i enjoyed living and doing business. Everything works here, if you have a good job or business, you will enjoy living in the Côte d'Ivoire - My personal opinion.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by montanaguy(m): 6:48am On Aug 17, 2016
Thanks for your insightful analysis. I actually opened the thread but along the line, I got discouraged over the price of renting a house there. I was told I won't get a house anywhere in Abidjan at less than 25k nigerian naira monthly. In Bingerville and the other area you just mentioned, how much can one get a room self and how is rent paid there? I am a retiree on monthly pension of 46k which I expect will improve by end of this year. I plan to retire to Abidjan with my wife and two little kids. My question is this, can 100k take me to Abidjan by road and get me a one room self contain? In Bingerville, can we live on a 46k monthly pending when I get something doing like starting up a little business?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by vocalprince(m): 8:21am On Aug 17, 2016
Christie171:
whoa! I've worked as a lab technician and also into beauty/hair making.... I'm tired of Nigeria, thinking if seeing life in Abidjan.. maybe we could team up.... christiiechrist@gmail.com

Aiit. I sent You a mail. U can reach me easily via, 08038380181.
Plans are being made already. Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (51) (Reply)

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.