Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,692 members, 7,805,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! (5604 Views)

New Advise On How To Travel To Hong Kong Or Singapore / Kitchen In Toilet, Shocking Photos Of 'Coffin Homes' In Hong Kong. / HONG KONG On My Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
I need to travel to Hong Kong for business.

But I need information about visiting Hong Kong, cos I have never been there before.

I WILL ONLY BE THERE FOR EIGHT DAYS.

Am kinda novice in international travel, never being outside Nigeria before.

Please help me answer these questions:
1) Which airline is the best to travel to Hong Kong(in terms of ticket price cost and services), and how much?

1a) I will like to travel from Abuja, I hope its possible?

2) Which kind of visa should I apply for? About how much?

3) If am travelling through Doha or Dubai, do I need a transit visa?

4) About how much cash do I need for all expenses?

5) Are Nigerian master cards accepted in Hong Kong?

6) Is it possible to travel direct? Which airline offers this?

And many more ...............

God bless you all.
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by londoner: 5:38pm On Apr 23, 2016
I don't know the answers to those particular questions but I have been to Hong Kong and it is fantastic. You need to see the mountains by the airport. Hopefully you'll stay in Kowloong which is a great place and you can have authentic HK food. Enjoy your trip and stay.
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by worry359(m): 5:41pm On Apr 23, 2016
You are trying to apply for a Chinese visa so use Google to search their embassy website for information.
The Chinese do not give out visa to Africans and more so Nigerians without hard work.
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 23, 2016
londoner:
I don't know the answers to those particular questions but I have been to Hong Kong and it is fantastic. You need to see the mountains by the airport. Hopefully you'll stay in Kowloong which is a great place and you can have authentic HK food. Enjoy your trip and stay.

Please when was the last time you went to Hong Kong?

Am not going there for fun am going to meet and discuss with some companies and vaam am back to Nigeria.

I am not planning to lodge at Kowloon even though I noticed they have cheaper hotels when compared with those around the International Airport at Lantau.

This may take me to Kowloon.

But am planning to lodge in a hotel(Panda) at Tsuen Wa district or Hong Kong island.
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 23, 2016
worry359:
You are trying to apply for a Chinese visa so use Google to search their embassy website for information.
The Chinese do not give out visa to Africans and more so Nigerians without hard work.

Okay! link to their embassy website will be appreciated.
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 23, 2016
Please kindly answer the questions na!
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by samee72(f): 5:52pm On Apr 23, 2016
@op you can use Emirates and transit in Dubai, you don't need a transit visa to transit through Dubai as far as you are not entering Dubai, Hong Kong is a lovely place but very expensive in terms of living cost so pls take enough money, you can get the visa at Chinese embassy but note that you can't enter China with Hong Kong Visa and you can't enter Hong Kong with Chinese visa, they both have their own visas but if you want to go to both places then you can apply for both at once, I left Hong Kong in 2007 so maybe some things must have changed, but note it's a very expensive place

3 Likes

Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 23, 2016
samee72:
@op you can use Emirates and transit in Dubai, you don't need a transit visa to transit through Dubai as far as you are not entering Dubai, Hong Kong is a lovely place but very expensive in terms of living cost so pls take enough money, you can get the visa at Chinese embassy but note that you can't enter China with Hong Kong Visa and you can't enter Hong Kong with Chinese visa, they both have their own visas but if you want to go to both places then you can apply for both at once, I left Hong Kong in 2007 so maybe some things must have changed, but note it's a very expensive place

Thanks for your prompt reply.

But do our master cards work there?

I want to hold one, as a back up. Am going for a fair and will collect a lot of samples.
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by samee72(f): 6:08pm On Apr 23, 2016
ColinAdua:

Thanks for your prompt reply.

But do our master cards work there?

I want to hold one, as a back up. Am going for a fair and will collect a lot of samples.

I can't say as of the period I was there which was a few years back, they were not, but you can find out from your bank, wishing you all the best
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by johnzon: 1:33am On Apr 24, 2016
samee72:

I can't say as of the period I was there which was a few years back, they were not, but you can find out from your bank, wishing you all the best

Hi,

Is it true that one needs an invitation letter to visit Hong Kong when applying for a visit visa?
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by londoner: 7:14am On Apr 24, 2016
ColinAdua:

Please when was the last time you went to Hong Kong?

Am not going there for fun am going to meet and discuss with some companies and vaam am back to Nigeria.

I am not planning to lodge at Kowloon even though I noticed they have cheaper hotels when compared with those around the International Airport at Lantau.

This may take me to Kowloon.

But am planning to lodge in a hotel(Panda) at Tsuen Wa district or Hong Kong island.

OK, the last time I was in Hong Kong was in 2013 that was my second visit. In terms of visa I didn't need one before travelling so I can't advise you on that, sorry. I would say check the official websites for up to date information because they do not mess about with their immigration rules and there is no culture of bribery to get anyone through.What a previous poster mentioned about there being a difference between Chinese and Hong Kong visa requirements is true.

You may want to read through this website for more clarity

www.gov.hk/en/nonresidents/visarequire/general/">http://m.www.gov.hk/en/nonresidents/visarequire/general/
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by justwise(m): 7:22am On Apr 24, 2016
johnzon:

Hi,

Is it true that one needs an invitation letter to visit Hong Kong when applying for a visit visa?

When I visited few years ago I applied with an invitation letter from an auntie I was visiting and the visa came out after 15 days, though I applied from the UK.
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by samee72(f): 2:13pm On Apr 24, 2016
johnzon:

Hi,

Yes you need an invitation letter to apply for a visit visa, but you can check for the latest information online
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by johnzon: 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2016
justwise:

When I visited few years ago I applied with an invitation letter from an auntie I was visiting and the visa came out after 15 days, though I applied from the UK.

samee72:

Yes you need an invitation letter to apply for a visit visa, but you can check for the latest information online

Thank you @justwise and @samee72

I appreciate the clarification.
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 28, 2016
londoner:

OK, the last time I was in Hong Kong was in 2013 that was my second visit. In terms of visa I didn't need one before travelling so I can't advise you on that, sorry. I would say check the official websites for up to date information because they do not mess about with their immigration rules and there is no culture of bribery to get anyone through.What a previous poster mentioned about there being a difference between Chinese and Hong Kong visa requirements is true.

You may want to read through this website for more clarity

www.gov.hk/en/nonresidents/visarequire/general/">http://m.www.gov.hk/en/nonresidents/visarequire/general/

Thanks a lot.

I don't give bribe. Am a Christian. I want to do everything right to avoid problems that's why I opened this thread to get people's experience which will help me to prepare well.

But unfortunately people are not talking. They just view and go.

I hate travels but my company will not move to the next level without it.

Oh God help me! Am scared.
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 02, 2016
NAA WAA FOR NIGERIANS!
NO ONE WANTS TO GIVE ME ANSWERS.
HMMMMMM!
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by xkunzo(m): 4:49pm On May 02, 2016
firstly hong kong do not give visiting visa to nigeria passport holder , only student and business visa only .. and for the business visa u need local sponsor that help you to secure notarized invitation letter in Hk. business visa application can be summit to china embassy in lagos or your local sponsor in hk help you to summit
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by justwise(m): 10:26pm On May 02, 2016
xkunzo:
firstly hong kong do not give visiting visa to nigeria passport holder , only student and business visa only .. and for the business visa u need local sponsor that help you to secure notarized invitation letter in Hk. business visa application can be summit to china embassy in lagos or your local sponsor in hk help you to summit

I got one in 2009 with my Nigerian passport.
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by justwise(m): 10:27pm On May 02, 2016
ColinAdua:
NAA WAA FOR NIGERIANS!

NO ONE WANTS TO GIVE ME ANSWERS.

HMMMMMM!

Are you not being ungrateful? People answered your question here and you still claiming that nobody answered your question?
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by xkunzo(m): 11:03pm On May 02, 2016
justwise:

I got one in 2009 with my Nigerian passport.

are you saying 2009 and 2016 is same requirement ?

you are very funny cos you get visa in 2009 still mean is same thing .

i guess its better you answer the guy that need visiting visa once you got it in 2009
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by justwise(m): 11:12pm On May 02, 2016
xkunzo:

are you saying 2009 and 2016 is same requirement ?

you are very funny cos you get visa in 2009 still mean is same thing .

i guess its better you answer the guy that need visiting visa once you got it in 2009

You are the one making those assumptions, you said Nigerian passport holders are not given HK visiting visa and i said i got one with the same passport. So has the rule changed?
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by xkunzo(m): 11:41pm On May 02, 2016
i dont think rules as change but base on experience since 2011 more 25 people i know they normally refuse there visa application
with no reason given for visiting visa and as i have a lot people travel to hong kong with student and business visa.
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by justwise(m): 10:07am On May 03, 2016
xkunzo:
i dont think rules as change but base on experience since 2011 more 25 people i know they normally refuse there visa application
with no reason given for visiting visa and as i have a lot people travel to hong kong with student and business visa.

xkunzo:

There is need to mislead people here, state things as they are.
Re: Hong Kong Visit: Please Help Me! by xkunzo(m): 9:57pm On May 03, 2016
i dont mislead people here am only saying my own view and what i know i cant advise anybody to apply for visiting visa .

you know much about there visiting visa , why dont you provide full detail for people here, cos you said you got hong kong visa in 2009

(1) (Reply)

Advice On DIY In Passport Application / Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore / How To Get To Adeniyi Jones,ikeja From Ketu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.